Friday, December 30, 2011

Chapter Twenty-One (A House Is Not A Home)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 20 (Superman)
-I played handsies with little Brad in the hot tub and found Luke staring.
-He looked away, but it felt like he was devouring me with his eyes, which turned me on.
-Despite my mind's protest, Luke and I ended up flirting in the kitchen.
-Instead of getting upset, Brad put his arms around me and kissed my neck, reminding Luke that I'm his.
-The propane tank exploded, engulfing the balcony wall in flames.
-Luke came to the rescue and calmly put the fire out.
-My admiration for him grew, making me wonder "what if".

*Graphic sexual content, nudity, strong language*

Photobucket


Location:  99 Embarcadero Drive
Date: Wednesday, 7/20/11
Time: 8:20 p.m.

Home at last.  After being at the hospital for over 12 hours, I've never been more relieved to be in my own kitchen.  As I watch the lettuce, cucumbers and carrots being shredded in the food processor, the hum of the motor makes my stomach even more impatient.  This has been my diet lately.  That's if I even remember to eat.  Frozen food and salad.  I used to cook real meals that involved raw meat, grains and raw vegetables but time has not been on my side.  I finally pulled it off.  I actually proved my mom wrong.  Somehow I managed to become a medical resident within two years.  Since most of the advanced Science courses I took in undergrad counted for the first year of medical school, I spent the day taking 30 units of courseload and went straight to the hospital to complete my internship in the children's unit.  

Photobucket

Sitting here in my lab coat, with a stethoscope in my pocket, I've never felt more proud in my life to accomplish such a dream: being a medical resident.  I am only two years and a medical license away from becoming Lyn Santori, M.D.  I couldn't have done this without Brad.  Now that he's a general practitioner, he really helped open doors for me to in the hospital.  Even when I was still in medical school, he exposed me to a network of doctors, professors and nurses that would help me establish my residency.  I will forever be indebted to him for that.

But my heart can't ignore the fact that we hardly see each other anymore.  Even though we celebrated our success by buying this apartment and owning it as a condo, we are hardly ever here.  When I get home, he's still at the hospital.  When he gets home, I'm at the hospital.  It's become a daily routine to eat alone, gazing out into the view of the city, drowning in the deafening silence of my solitude.  I never noticed how quiet this place was until now. I used to make dinner for the both of us, but after the food got cold and waiting a few hours for him to come home, I gave up on the notion.

"A chair is still a chair
Even when there's

No one sitting there
But a chair is not a house
And a house is not a home
When there's no one there
To hold you tight
And no one there
You can kiss goodnight"


Photobucket

I remember snuggling next to him under a sheet as we watch movies late at night.  He would put his arms around me, we would crack jokes at the cheezy lines and it would be a matter of time before we become aware of each other's presence.  His mere scent and body heat would make my temperature rise, and before we know it,  the couch would creak while he's on top of me, my legs wrapped around his waist.  I can't remember what movie we would watch, but the sound of our ragged breathing accompanied with my deep moans are deeply inbedded in my memory.

Photobucket

Sleeping alone is also something that I had to get used to.  Before, I would not be able to sleep without him by my side.  But that's not an option anymore.  The sight of the bed used to mean one thing: hot, can't-take-it-anymore sex.  I giggle at the naughty, nasty, vile things that we did to each other on this bed, sometimes wondering how we ever left the room.  But our desire for success became stronger than our desire for each other, and oftentimes, it feels like we are more roommates than lovers. 

"I know, baby." I would stroke Nikki's beautiful face as she stares at me, wondering when her daddy is coming home.  "I miss him too."

"Now and then I call your name
And suddenly your face appears
But its just a crazy game
When it ends, it ends in tears"


Photobucket

At least I still have Nikki to keep me company and warm at night.  She's the closest thing to a daughter that I've ever had.  She's always with me, and I swear sometimes, she acts more like a human than a dog.  She understands almost everything that I say, and she listens patiently as I ramble on about my day.  Sometimes she would place her paw on my leg when  my loneliness escapes in a form of tears.  She would lick my face until I smile again.

But as much as I love my Nikki, she's not Brad.  I miss him.  I miss us. 

Photobucket

Location: Bridgeport Acres

Time: 4:40 p.m.

The next day, I made plans with Brad to meet me at the park at 4:00 p.m.  It's my day off, and he's supposed to have a short day, so I figured this would be a nice way for us to spend some quality time together.  It's been weeks since we last saw each other for more than a few hours, and even longer since we had any intimacy, let alone a nice, passionate kiss.  God, I miss that connection. I miss the butterflies in my belly when I taste his lips, or the shivers that run down my spine when he kisses my neck, and especially the way my body trembles when our skins touch.  I miss getting lost in his pale blue eyes, I miss that feeling.  That rush, that excitement, that thrill of wanting and needing him so desperately, it hurts.

It is now past 6 p.m., and it's getting dark.  I've been waiting for him to show up, or at least a text or phone call to let me know he can't make it.  It's been two hours, and I'm still sitting here by myself, feeling like a moron.  Even when I try to call his cell phone, it goes straight to voicemail.

Photobucket

Just when I get ready to leave, I see a guy walking towards me. Oh my God, it's Luke.  Even in the fading sunlight, I can make out his handsome, rugged face.  I watch his arm and leg muscles flex with each step that he takes, making me hold on to the chains even tighter.  Even though the metal feels cold in my hands, his eyes burn through me, making me feel warm inside, and I sit nervously as he comes closer.

"Hey, Lyn!" His mouth widens in a smile as he waves at me.   No, no. Don't smile like that.

"Hey, Luke." I wave back, hoping he won't sit next to me.  Maybe he's just passing by.  Then I can head to my car and go home.  

Photobucket

"Where's Brad?" He asks, deciding to grab the empty swing and sit on it. Rats!  If I leave now, he'll think I'm avoiding him.  If I stay, I'm just asking for trouble.  Since I met him less than two years ago, I got really weirded out.  I thought I was insanely in love with Brad, and he was the only man that I would ever be attracted to, but my heart and body betrayed me.  I cannot, for the life of me, explain why I kept stealing glances at him and why his penetrating gaze made my pulse race.  Not only did I find myself flirting with him with Brad around, but I found myself attracted to him.  And he just HAD to act all heroic, saving our lives by putting out that fire.  Why?? Why did you have to be a freaking hot fireman??  

So how did I deal with it?  I avoided him.  I avoided any situation that would put me in the same room with him by declining any type of get-together that involved him.  No parties, no barbeques, no dinners, no lunches.  Nope, not even Super Bowl Sundays.  And that really wasn't hard to do since our schedules (mine and Brad's) became really hectic, and we were hardly at home.

"He was supposed to meet me here but he's late. "  I focus my attention on a gray rock next to my foot.

Photobucket

"Okay.  Wow, I haven't seen you guys in ages. " He pushes his foot against the ground as he lightly sways back and forth.  My mind wanders into a dirty place, hypnotized by the movement of his body.  He looks like he'd be gentle with a woman, but at the same time, he looks like he'll just take what he wants.  Dammit, Brad needs to come soon or I'm about to rape this man.

"I know, we've been really busy at the hospital." I explain, watching the incandescent park lamp turn on above us, illuminating his face.  His eyes deepen into a forest green color, lost in thought as he nods.  

"I understand.  So did you finish med school yet?" 

"Yeah, I did.  I'm a resident now." It feels nice to share that with someone.  And for him to ask, it shows that he's interested in what's going on with my life.

"Nice! Congratulations!" His eyes are wide open, as if he's shocked and impressed at the same time.

"Thank you.  I did it in two years but let me tell you, I spent more time at school and the hospital than at home." I shake my head, still wondering how I survived the last two years and still retain my sanity.

"Wow, so you're a doctor now like Brad?" That gaze.  It's the same look that I gave him that night after he put the fire out.  Respect and admiration.

"Not quite.  I won't get to practice until I'm licensed and finish residency."

"But you wear a lab coat and badge, so no one can tell." 

"Haha. True." Sighh...it feels good to laugh.  It feels good to talk to someone, period.  I close my eyes as the rustling of trees soothe my ears, drowning out the sound of crickets singing behind the bushes.  Even with the summer breeze grazing my skin, it's still warm outside.

Photobucket

"What about you?  Saved any lives lately?" I smirk, wiggling my eyebrows.  

"Why do you say it like that?" He chuckles, narrowing his eyes.

"Like what?" I meet his eyes again, which hold a mixture of shyness and burning curiousity.

"I don't know.  You say it like saving lives is hot."  His voice is getting velvety.  Oh dear.

"What?? How did you get that?" My cheeks start to feel warm.

"Come on, admit it." He leans towards me, challenging me with his eyes.

"Oh gawd, just because you're a firemen you think you're so hot??" I roll my eyes, letting out an exasperated breath.  Leave now, before you dig yourself an even bigger hole.

"That's not what I said." 

"Whatever."

"You think I'm hot?" He has this smug grin on his face that I just want to slap.

"No.  And you know what? I gotta go." I get up, slinging my purse over my shoulder.

"Lyn, I'm just joking!" He jumps up, his face only inches away from mine.

"I know.  But I really have to go.  It was good seeing you again."

"Luuuke!! We gotta go, bro!" A male voice calls out from  a distance.

"That's my brother Nate.  We were playing football earlier." His gaze returns to me.

"You should go.  I'll talk to you later." As I walk away, I feel his hand on my arm.

"Here's my number, if you ever want to talk...or whatever." He shrugs as he hands me a piece of paper.

"Thanks." I flash him a brief smile before I turn around and head to my car.  I know he's Brad's best friend and I'm treading on dangerous territory, but at this point, I'm keeping an open mind.

Photobucket

Location: 99 Embarcadero Drive

Time: 9:10 p.m.

"I'm not meant to live alone,
Turn this house into a home
When I climb the stairs

And turn the key
Oh, please be there

Still in love
Still in love with you"


By the time I get home, I don't even realize that it's past 9 o'clock. Gosh, how long have I been talking to Luke?  Brad still has his coat on, which means he probably just got home too.  

"You couldn't call?" I ask him blankly, trying to hide the disappointment in my eyes.

"What do you mean?" He looks puzzled.  He tries to kiss me, but I push him away.

"You forgot??" My jaw drops, along with my heart.  I waited for hours, and he didn't even remember.

Photobucket


"Were we supposed to do something today?" He shrugs, as if he doesn't understand what the big deal is.

"Brad, you were supposed to meet me at the park at four!!" I snap, losing my patience.  I can understand if he was running late, heck, I can even understand if he forgot.  But to just stand there and act like it's not a big deal?  That hit a nerve, and I just couldn't contain my anger anymore.

"I forgot, okay? I'm sorry!  I couldn't get out of the hospital til now." He shakes his head as if he's annoyed that I even bring up such a thing.

"Yeah, well, we both work at the hospital.  This was your day to leave early and you didn't!!"

"I tried, but someone called sick and I had to fill in for their shift." 

"And you couldn't call me to tell me that?  I waited for you for hours!!" I look at the face of the man that's supposed to be on my side, who's supposed to be on my team, but he's never felt so far away from me until now.  I used to be able to count on him for anything, but lately it seems like I've become more of an inconvenience.

Photobucket

"Look, I said I was sorry.  What else do you want me to do??" The eyes that I used to get lost in look annoyed, tired and burned out.  

"You know what?? Nothing.  Luke was there, at least he kept me company." I say calmly, looking him dead in his pale blue eyes, hitting him where it hurts.  Yeah, I said it.   

"What??" 

"You heard me.  He saw me waiting by myself so he kept me company." 

"You were with him this whole time?!!" He points his finger at me, eyes ablazed in anger and jealousy.

Photobucket

"Well maybe if you showed up, there would be no need for him to keep me company!!" I scream, hating him even more for reminding me that he's not around like he used to be.  I hate the fact that another man kept me company tonight.  I hate the fact that he doesn't seem to care.  I hate the fact that our relationship is dying right in front of our eyes, and I don't know what to do to fix it.

"Is there something going on between you and Luke?!!" He shouts, inching closer to me, his hot breath on my face.  His eyes are drenched in rage, digging into mine as if he's trying to force my secrets out.

"No.  But you're pushing me towards him." As soon as those words come out of my mouth, I hear the truth.  We're losing each other.  I thought our love was invincible.  I thought nothing would ever come between us.  I thought he was the only man I would ever want and need.  I thought he was the one I would spend the rest of my life with.  And the realization that he may not be...can no longer hold back the hot tears drowning my eyes.  They stream down my cheeks, along with the painful truth.  

I make an attempt to run to the bathroom and hide, but he grabs my arm.

Photobucket

"If that motherfucker even touches you..." He growls under his ragged breath, pushing me against the kitchen wall as he devours my lips.  Hot sparks of electricity shooot down my moist parts at his drastic reaction, probing my mouth forcefully with his tongue.  I let out a soft moan as I slip my hands beneath his shirt, feeling how smooth and hard his chest is.  Fuck yes, I miss this!! With his warm mouth sucking on my neck, he impatiently unbuttons my jeans, nearly pulling me on the floor with it.  

"This is my pussy..." He hisses through his teeth as he parts my legs and strokes my sensitive flesh, making me even more wet.

"Mmmm...." I moan feverishly, grinding against his hand, trying to free the erection straining inside his pants.  The feel of his hard, smooth length in my hand sends my body in a frenzy, making me even more desperate to have him inside me. It's been too long.  Way too long.

Photobucket

"You miss daddy's dick?" He murmurs through heavy-lidded eyes as he pounds into me, with my back rubbing against the cold kitchen tile.  I arch my back, savoring how hard he feels, loving how he fills my aching need, stretching me to the point of pain and pleasure.  

"Yes, I miss daddy's dick..." I whimper, my eyes rolling to the back of my head in delirious ecstasy as I absorb the heat from his body, opening up to every deep thrust.  I want him, all of him inside, if this is what it takes to get that connection again.  God, I miss this.  So fucking much.  I stroke his hair as he lowers his face to suck on my nipples, hard, to the point where I hiss at the pain.  He groans on my breast as he reaches for my ass, pulling me to him even closer until he can't go any deeper.  

"Fuck..." He grumbles, moving faster as I wrap my legs around his waist, knowing he's ready to explode.

"Come hard for me, Brad..." I stroke his face, anxious to see that agonized pleasure that I haven't seen in a long time.  

"Fuuuuuuucccckkk!!!" His voice echoes through the kitchen as he takes his final thrusts, his body shaking intensely.  With my legs still wrapped around his waist, I search his eyes.  Tears  run down the side of my face when I find that vulnerability again, letting me know that we are still connected.  He gently wipes my tears away before flipping me over until I'm on top of him.  He kisses my forehead as he wraps his arms around me.  I rest my face on his chest, controlling my breathing until it matches his own, and we lay there in silence, absorbing each other.

Photobucket

Six weeks later, I start getting strange symptoms of nausea, light-headedness and strange twinges in my lower abdomen.  Especially in the morning.   My breasts have also been unusually sore and tender.  My suspicious grow even stronger when my period doesn't show up for three weeks.  Am I pregnant??

Photobucket

I finally find the courage to go to the drug store and buy a pregnancy test kit.  I guess there's only one way to find out.  This has been driving me crazy.

Photobucket

Ding.

The kitchen timer goes off. That had to be the longest three minutes I've ever had to wait in my life.  Okay, here we go.  What that stick says could change everything.  If there are two lines, I'm going to be a mom.  Am I ready for this?  My relationship with Brad has been strained lately.  Do we really want to bring a child into that?  What about  my career as  a pediatrician? I just became a resident after working so hard for two years.  Do I just throw that away?

I take a long, deep breath.  This is it.  My heart races as I walk over to the sink.  I glance down at the stick.

Two fat, purple lines.  


*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
------------------------------------------------

"A House Is Not A Home" by Luther Vandross

Video by: silowjam

28 comments:

  1. They fuck like bunnies!

    Sex seems to really be their only connection right now. (And we're at the 2yr mark?) I can understand she's missed him and wanted to have that connection again but instead of talking (which they should have considering she was highly upset) they get dirty.

    I was surprised she just blurted to him about Luke but damn if that didn't get a reaction. She needed to get his blood boiling and that worked! This was like their first fight and she was already threatening to leave him which is why I question the strength of their love. Was this just to test him? See if he'd draw her back in? If so that's just cruel! (Hmm...it worked though).

    Luke...Luke...yeah you need to stop barking up that tree! Why would you want to hurt your best friend? Though she isn't wearing a ring and I guess he thinks that means she's fair game. How long has he known Brad by the way? (Oh and I love how possessive he got over what Lyn said)

    Lyn always considers the consequences of her actions AFTER she's done something. I shake my head at her. She did that with the job she left in BP, the flirting with Brad, the stuff with David and now this pregnancy. She missed him, wanted him no matter what and now she has him...and then some. Now I'm sad thinking about what happens to the baby...I can't have great hopes about this. Man...

    P.S. Brad was supposed to meet her at 4p but when Lyn confronts him in the kitchen she said it was supposed to be 5p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you when these two get it on the rest of the world feels it! I actually feel sorry for their neighbors! Lol
    I can see where Lyn is coming from and it was bound to happen. A hard working and successful couple hardly makes it to the surface, and if they do its because they are getting their fix from someone else!
    Hot damn! She pregnant. i wonder how Brad will react to this? Hmmm my senses are telling me it will be bad, but I slightly think that he might be thrilled and the baby will pull them out of their slump
    Its a shame that she ends up loosing the baby though, now that I think about it :/ Poor Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ME SOME LUTHER!!

    This was kind of painful! They were so cute, happy and in love and now their careers have taken them in different directions and it's messing with their happiness. They need to have a sit down and discuss ways to make time for one another. Especially now that she is pregnant. Being pregnant and alone is the worse thing in the world!

    Luke... I wonder about him. I wonder if he wants her. My spidey senses are tingling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, man. I guess I should have totally seen that coming. Of course they would grow apart... they're both in med school or working at the hospital. That's gotta be tough. My guess is still that Brad ends up trying to get revenge on Lyn or something like that.

    Also, this was a whole new side of him. He seems really possessive. I mean, yes, Lyn shouldn't have thrown the Luke thing in his face, but it doesn't really seem like he trusts her that much.

    I agree with another reader who posted, sex does seem like the only thing that makes them feel connected. I mean, it really does harm a relationship if there isn't any sex for long periods of time, but that shouldn't be the only thing making her stay. It seems like that's the main reason she's staying with him right now anyway. Make-up sex is great, but the issues have to be resolved if it's going to work over the long term.

    Their relationship makes me sad, but honestly, many relationships that start like that can't withstand all of the other hardships...

    Anyway, nice update. :)

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  5. oH wow at first i thought she was out of the hospital, lol.. boy was i wrong. Sadly a date that turns in to a no show. He works hard, she works hard, life is getting in the way of their love. or is it lust. She still gets turn'd on by luke, so it has to be lust. Yet in some small way i think she loves him, for more than the sex. Though at the moment i can't see what it is. It seems they are great as long as they are in bed, but when that is not there, they drift apart.
    Throwing Luke in his face that night was not the right thing to do. I am sure anger for his not showing up, did that. But still it never helps any situation.
    Now shes pregnate, that has got to be upsetting, I forgot that she mentioned long ago she had lost a baby. Still i wonder how that news will go down.
    And yes its crazy, but dang it i want her to wake up, to finally get to what made her run off, like she did. I wonder why he chases her down, does he really love her more than the sex?
    Intense, i love the way you tell stories, wish i had your tallent. I have some ya, but its not as great as yours.
    OK time to get her going, lol. I was a busy bee, just could not get out of my game, and so of course, it got a chapter done and a start of a new life, for 2nd gen. OK looking forward to the next part of this. intensly and anxiously :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...they don't talk but they sure know how to get busy. Makes me wonder if their relationship was ever much more than a strong sexual attraction that looked like so much more?

    I'm glad she left Luke and didn't give in to the temptation. I know that was hard for her since she clearly wants to sleep with him.

    Now she's pregnant, but they are still drifting apart.

    I am anxious to see what happens with the baby and who she finds him in bed with!

    Next update please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just read the update, I love their dog, she is so cute! I can understand why Lyn misses her so much when she leaves, I wish she had taken the dog with her. Im not really sure if I like Brad that much, he seems a little dismissive of her and I think he has anger issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spent yesterday evening catching up, wow love this story

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok... ok...

    So, I read it the first time and pretty much skimmed it to get to the good part... and later, like HOURS later, I decided to reread it... and my goodness...

    XD Besides the two barbie doll sex pic... O.o That scene was actually quite... interesting... XD Ahahaha...

    <.< So I was right, she was pregnant at one point..

    O.o I know you release a chapter on Mon and Thurs but I'm ALWAYS looking forward to the next chapter so I really can't wait for the next one where, I hope, she tells Brad... O.o Since their relationship is strained a bit, I'm curious to know his reaction...

    THE POSSIBILITIES!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh here comes a baby Lyn. I just knew something like that would happen. I just got done reading chapter 21. another good chapter by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh very good. The ahem, kitchen floor scene was, unexpected. But I think it suited them both, so I should of expected it tbh.

    I felt really sorry for Lyn when Brad didn't turn up. Lukes there again!

    I just hope that 'kitty' isn't the only passion left between them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daijah,

    LOL they fuck like bunnies?? Well, you should know that by now, girly! Remember their first time?? Ummm yeah, they don't exactly hold back. I agree, sex seems to be the main thing that's keeping them connected. Then again, that's what drew them to each other in the first place. And they really never had much time to talk because they never see each other.

    Haha I agree, she was wrong for rubbing Luke in Brad's face but it sure got his attention. He didn't seem to remorseful about forgetting the park, and she just got tired of it. So she went there, and sure enough, that got his fire going again. I do share your concerns about the strength of their love. If it takes jealousy to get Brad's attention, what will she have to do when they deal with an even bigger problem, especially now that she's pregnant? Will he also miss a lot of milestones in the kid's life?

    As far as Luke is concerned, he's had his eye on her since the day they met. There's definitely something between them, whether they admit it or not. For her to avoid him the whole time, the shows that she may not trust herself around him. He's known Brad since they were in middle school, they grew up in the same neighborhood. But if Brad doesn't make more of an effort to spend quality time with her, she's going to be even more vulnerable to Luke's attention. I mean for her to admit that he was pushing her towards Luke, she could not have spelled out her needs more clearly.

    Haha you liked the way Brad got all possessive when she mentioned Luke?? I didn't see that coming either, nor did I think that was going to lead to the kitchen floor scene. I swear, I plan for the chapter to go one way, but it takes a completely different turn when I actually write it. lol

    I agree, she's very impulsive, and that has gotten her in trouble before. She will have to learn how to think things through before she acts but she's usually driven by her emotions. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on right now. :-(

    Thanks for letting my know about the time typo! I fixed it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bri,

    LOL your comment cracked me up! Wow, the whole world feels it? Damn!! Haha I actually would like to be their neighbor. I'd be listening everyday. lol XD I'd be like, damn what is he doing to her now?? *places ear near wall*

    I agree, it's very challenging for successful couples to make it work when they are hardly at home. It's great to be ambitious but when it starts to hurt the relationship, that's when couples need to step back and remember their priorities. These types of situations make it very susceptible for affairs.

    Yup!! She's knocked up. After all that hot sex they were having, it was bound to happen. His reaction can go either way: if he thinks his career is more important, he won't be happy but if he thinks she's more important then he'll be thrilled. I don't know how they're going to make this work when they are never home.

    I agree, having a baby might be able to save their relationship, but it's also very risky. What if it backfires?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Qui,

    I love me some Luther too!! His song as just sooo...swoonworthy!! I agree, this chapter was also hard for me to write. Watching her sitting alone, feeling lonely and listening to this song...just made me so sad that they're drifting apart. I agree, they put their careers above their relationship, and it's clearly suffering. I mean, its great that they're achieving their goals, but look at what they sacrificed.

    Ideally, they would sit down and talk about their problems, but it seems like they're not very good at that. When there's tension or uncertainty, they become blinded by their sexual attraction. Sex definitely seems to be the main way that they express how they feel about each other.

    Awww, pregnant and alone. :-( I can't imagine how horrible that must feel. On top of the lack of support. I take it you've gone through something similar?

    Haha your spidey sense is tingling huh? Keep a close on them because you may be right. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jerry,

    You thought she returned to the present? lol Sorry, not yet. One more chapter, and she'll be back in AP. I agree, life is getting in the way of their love. And at this point, it seems like lust because sex seems to be the only thing that's connecting them right now. I think her attraction for Luke is her subconscious way of saying that she misses Brad's companionship, but how do you explain her reaction to him after Luke put out the fire? At this point, I don't really know either. lol

    I think if they ever want this to work out in the future, they need to find a way to resolve their underlying issues because they obviously have several. And they are also going to have to put one of these in the backburner: success or love. Yes, her anger prompted her to rub Luke in Brad's face, knowing that would upset him, and she was wrong for that. But it worked, and that sure got his attention.

    Yup, she's pregnant! As fas as how the news goes down, you'll have to wait and see. lol Thank you for the kind words, I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the way I tell my story, even though it gets graphic sometimes. lol But I honestly feel like...the more I stay true to the characters, the more bold I feel as a writer and the more auhentic the story feels. I feel more of a connection to it when I write honestly, even if I risk offending some readers.

    I think your stories are wonderful, especially your Stilson Family History. It's a very unique way of sharing who your ancestors are. I'm enjoying it!

    I'll be checking out your new update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ali,

    With Brad's ambition and Lyn's need to prove her mom wrong, they put their careers above each other, and this is why their relationship is strained. Hmmm..revenge. You could be on to something. You'll find out in Ch. 23, when she returns to the present.

    You make a good point about him being very possessive. He has shown some of that early on, even when they first met. Remember when she saw him at the gym and she started flirting with Jason? And he got jealous? With Luke, he has a history and there's a reason why he was very upset when she rubbed it in his face. Trust is a big issue, I agree, and that will play a big role in the demise of their relationship.

    You totally hit the nail on the head about the role of sex in relationships. Too little and it drives couples away but too much focus on it can be a tell-tale sign that it's more lust than love. Make-up sex is great but it's merely a band-aid on a deep laceration if the issues are not resolved. It can cover up what's wrong but it won't fix it.

    I know, this update made me sad too. I knew they were going to drift apart but I didn't know it was going to be to this degree. They did move pretty fast in the beginning. I'm glad yo enjoyed it though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. She was right to avoid Luke! That attraction is too strong and Luke doesn't seem to care that she belongs to his best friend.

    They are growing apart, and he really needed a wake-up call. She's right. If he doesn't make more of an effort, then he is pushing her toward Luke. I wonder if his commitment to her is as great as hers is to him.

    I don't know if he will be happy about her pregnancy!

    Another great update, Tommie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jazen,

    Haha I agree, I think sex is their way of talking. Whether they're happy, sad, upset or afraid. But when they do, they sure set off fireworks. But you could be right. Maybe their intense sexual attraction for each other is the main thing that made them fall in lust. But it's disguised as love.

    Yeah, the girl avoided Luke for the last two years. So that was a red flag. Then they put their careers first and harly saw each other another red flag. So this situation is just a recipe for temptation. I don't know if it's because Luke is forbidden, but he definitely has an affect on her. Or maybe she's just seeking out the excitement that she misses desperately.

    You'll find out in Ch. 23, that's when she'll return to the present. :-)

    Ch. 22 will be ready on Thursday. We're getting there! XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kristine,

    Haha that's funny that you're the only one that noticed Nikki. XD I agree, she's adorable and she has kept Lyn company while Brad was gone. You make a good point about him being dismissive of her needs. He didn't seem to care that he forgot about meeting her at the park. And he didn't take her seriously until she mentioned Luke, and that drove him crazy.

    And yes, he has a temper. You will find out why later on, and he has a possessive streak. Don't worry, you're not the only one that doesn't like Brad. lol He's definitely a work in progress. XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah,

    Welcome back! Thanks for catching up with the story, I'm glad you're still enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LadyArora,

    LOL you crack me up!! So you actually skimmed the chapter to get to the good part? Meaning the hot kitchen scene? XD And then you went back and reread it?? Wow, I'll take that as a huge compliment! I was actually nervous about the kitchen scene. I didn't plan for it to get that intense, but it ended up coming out that way based on how tense they were during the fight. Even when I reread it, I was like, OMG, I can't believe I wrote that stuff! I swear, I get more and move bold with each chapter. lol

    Haha I like how you call it "interesting". But with the big smiley, I take it you enjoyed it?
    ;-) I can definitely say that they went at it for sure, that's why she ended up pregnant.

    Awwww, that means a lot to me that you always look forward to my udpates. :-) I always get nervous everytime I post a chapter because I can never tell how you guys will like it, or if its as good as the last one. So feedback always helps, even if it's bad! At least I'll know what I did wrong so I can fix it.

    You'll find out what happens in Ch. 22, on Monday. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tom,

    LOL baby Lyn? Awwww, that would have been cute. Or baby Brad. I remember when you suggested that she gets pregnant and has a baby, well, it happened! :-) The only thing is...it may not necesarily turn out the way we expect it.

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this update! XD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ayemee,

    Haha I love how you said the "ahem" kitchen floor scene. XD I don't blame you for referring it to that, even when I reread that part, I was blushing, thinking, OMG, I can't believe I wrote that! Even I shocked myself. lol But I wrote it based on their emotions at the moment, especially after a big fight and not having been intimate for a while. On top of Brad's jealousy over Luke. So yeah, they really went at it.

    I know, I felt bad for her too when she had to sit by the swings by herself. But it didn't help that Luke showed up, even though I was glad that she at least had some company. If Brad doesn't step up soon, he's really going to drive her away into another man's arms. Especially Luke.

    At this point, "kitty" and "baby" are the main things holding their relationship together. Unless they learn how to talk openly like adults. It's unfortunate that they put their careers above each other.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Daisies,

    I agree, she did the smart thing by avoiding Luke and going home before they ended up flirting...and who knows what. When you put a lonely woman together with a man that desires her, it can only mean trouble. Luke and Brad have a history with each other when it comes to women, and you will see why Luke doesn't seem to care that Lyn belongs to Brad.

    YES, this was definitely a wake-up call for the both of them. Putting their careers first really hurt their relationship, and if they don't do anything about it soon, they're not going to survive. Some people think that she was wrong for rubbing Luke in Brad's face, but it definitely got his attention, and made him appreciate what he has, at least for that moment.

    Haha it's funny how people think he's going to be upset about the pregnancy. XD

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this update!

    ReplyDelete
  25. They REALLY need to learn to communicate instead of pushing it aside by having sex. Not that I would complain but it doesn't solve any problems.

    And I've definitely been there in relationships, where another guy has come along, the grass looked greener and I felt like my significant other was pushing me towards them. Not a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lauren,

    I agree, they need to learn how to express their frustrations in other ways besides sex. She definitely got his attention by mentioning Luke but she can't keep doing that and expect him to be okay with it. You're right, it doesn't solve any problems.

    I believe that relationships end because of the little things, not the big things. When people draw to others outside of the relationship, that's a sign that there's something missing at home. If you're not getting it at home, you will notice and seek it somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww I love their dog! I had a dog named Nikki when I was a kid who was half dalmatian, half shar-pei (though she looked like a black lab, go figure). As great as a dog might be, definitely doesn't replace your significant other haha.

    Oh, Lyn. I gotta say, I'm impressed they've made it two years. Moving in together seemed spur of the moment, but it seems they made it work. But now that their relationship is being tested by a stressful and hectic lifestyle, they are going to have to adjust or it's all going to go downhill. Throwing Luke into the mix won't help anything lol. Good for Lyn for staying away from temptation... but if Luke is still tempting her after all these years, she's definitely in trouble haha.

    And now, a baby? I suspected this - there were hints in the first part of the story - but it will be interesting to see how Brad reacts to the news. Lyn and Brad both have pretty full plates to be dealing with a pregnancy on top of everything! (Also, maybe I'm just biased towards sexy fire fighters... but I can picture Luke being an adorable father :D)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Count,

    Whaat?? Seriously, you had a dog named Nikki that as part Dalmatian?? That's crazy! So this chapter must have really resonated with you. She must have been a cutie being half Sharpei. :-)

    I think if they found a way to still find time for each other and made more of an effort on their relationship, they would still be together now. The problem is that they put their careers first, and their relationship suffered as a result. In the beginning when times were more simple and they were really into each other, they were happy. Granted, it was still early in the relationship, but still. They were each other's priority.

    But with busy lifestyles, demanding careers and strained relationship, Luke is merely a symptom, and not the problem. On top of the pregnancy. Yeah, it's a lot going on. lol

    Awwwww, you can see Luke being an adorable father?? That's so sweet! I do too, for some reason. :-) Sometimes I wonder she and Luke would be like as a couple. But I have to remind myself that she still loves Brad. lol

    ReplyDelete