Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chapter Nineteen (Jessie's Girl)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 18 (Bittersweet Faith)
-Brad and I met up at the art gallery, but he was late.
-To get him back, I told him that I wasn't wearing any panties.
-He decided to torture me back with the lewd, filthy things that came out of his mouth.
-I got all hot and bothered...and pissed.
-I threatened to deny him "kitty", which made him apologize quickly.
-Our dip in the hot tub at The Prosper Room got too steamy, so he surprised me with a romantic picnic at the beach.
-He said "I love you", which made me feel like I was on cloud nine.
-After our risky tryst with people around, he asked me to move in with him.
-I replied with "Yes! God, yes!"

*Strong language*

Photobucket

Location: 99 Embarcadero Drive
Date: Saturday, 9/10/09
Time: 4:22 p.m.

"You made it!!" I flash Jamie and Brooke a warm smile when I open the door.

"You're alive!!" Jamie pretends to have a shocked look on her face.

"You better give me all the juicy details." Brooke gives me a sheepish smile, tossing her long, blonde hair.

 It's been a month since I moved in with Brad, and my best friends have been anxious to meet this mystery guy who makes me blush like a schoolgirl.  They hardly saw me anymore.  Twice a month we would have a girl's night: single girls having fun and enjoying each other's company.  If we don't dress up to go to a club or lounge, we either have a slumber party (to gorge on junk food and sangria) or meet up at the spa.  We would complain about why all the good men are taken, and why the creepy ones are the only ones that have enough balls to aproach us.

"Come on in, girls." I hold the door open for them as they walk inside.

Photobucket

"It's so good to see you!" I sigh as I give Jamie a warm hug.

"You too. I missed you, girly!" She replies as she pulls me tight.

"Hot mama! Look at you in a bikini." Brooke teases as we lean in for an embrace.

"Oh, stop.  You're the hot bikini queen." I smile, shaking my head.

"Hehe.  That how I snag 'em.  Then bam! They won't know what hit 'em."

"I swear, this girl has like 3 stalkers at the moment.  You need to bottle some of that shit and and sell it, Brooke." Jamie gives her a light shove.

"Uhh no.  You need to tell Lyn that.  She got this guy asking her to move in. In one month!"

"I know, right?? Bottle some of that and ship it to me!" Jamie turns to me, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Haha. You're a dork, Jamie.  Come on, let me introduce you to Brad." I change the subject.

"Ooooooh, Brad!!" They both chant in unison, grinning.

Photobucket

"Hi baby, my friends are here." I announce, loving the sight of him shirtless.  Yeah, that right.  He's all mine!

"I'm glad you guys made it." He walks over to us.

"This is Jamie, and this is Brooke."

"Nice to meet you, Brad.  We've heard so much about you." Jamie extends her hand.

"Likewise.  She talks about you guys all the time." He flashes her a smile, shaking her hand.

"Nice to finally meet you." Brooke offers her hand as well.

"You too, Brooke."

Photobucket

While I make more drinks, Brad strikes up a conversation with the girls.  It's so nice  for them to finally meet each other.  I've known Brooke since the fourth grade.  I remember when she and her family moved into my neighborhood, and we ran into each other outside, riding our bikes.  We became best friends in one week.  Her hair was as dark as Brad's back then, and cascaded down her waist.  She looked like a young Cleopatra: exquisitely, exotically beautiful with her pale, caribbean blue eyes.  I attribute that to her mother, who is half Chinese and French, and her father, who is from Bridgeport.  She definitely inherited her mother's stunning eyes.

"This place is beautiful." Jamie observes as she sips her drink.

"Thanks.  But I can't take credit for that.  Lyn redecorated most of it.  I told her, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't make everything pink."

"Haha.  That's a nice compromise." Jamie chuckles.

"Yeah, the place looks great.  And the view is just gorgeous!" Brooke chimes in.

"Thanks, Brooke.  I'm glad I moved here last year because it was a lot cheaper.  People are buying the units as condos now."

"We're trying to get our own place as well.  But most of the nice places are so expensive." Jamie adds.

"We've been looking around for a month with no luck." Brooke sighs.

Photobucket

"I know someone who works with rental properties.  I can give you his number if you want." Brad offers.

"Thanks, that would be great." Jamie smiles.

"So Lyn tells us that you're going to be doctor." Brooke comments with a look of curiousity in her eyes.

"Oh, she did, did she?" He chuckles, looking over at me.

"Yeah.  What field of medicine are you studying?"  Jamie asks.

"Well, I'll be eligible for residency next semester.  Right now, general practitioner.  Until I figure out what I want to specialize in."

"That's awesome." Brooke nods, with a look on her face as if she's wondering how I snagged him.

The sound of the doorbell interrupts my attempt at making sangria.  Oh dear, that must be Lucas and J.C.  My heart races.  This is my first time meeting them, and my stomach is in knots.  I hope I make a good impression.  Brad thinks highly of them, and it would mean so much if they approve of me too.  As I walk towards the door, I take a deep breath.

Photobucket

I'm greeted by a pair of intense, light green eyes.  They sparkle like pale emeralds, and I swear they have a faint glow.  They penetrate through me, making me lose my breath for a second.  Well fuck me, he is hot!!  His eyes travel to my body, and it makes me very aware that I'm in a bikini.  Yeah, nice way to make a good impression, Lyn! Show them some skin. I don't know if this is Brad's brother or best friend, but damn. Can't think. Now I know how Superman feels when he's around kryptonite.  Hot men.  They are my kryptonite.  They suck me in with their eyes, they make my pulse race with their muscular bodies, and seduce me with their smile.

"Hi, uhh..Lyn?" He flashes me a nervous smile.  Whew.  At least I'm not the only one that's nervous.

"Yes.  Let me guess...Lucas?"

"Yeah, how did you know? You can call me Luke." He looks surprised, but his smile widens.

"Lucky guess?" How did I know this?

"I'm J.C.!!" The red-haired rock star look-alike yells behind Luke.

"Hi J.C., nice to meet you.  Come on in." I nervously wait for them to step inside before I close the door.

"Jessie is a friend,
Yeah, I know he's been
A good friend of mine
But lately something's changed
That ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl

And I wanna make her mine"

Photobucket

"We finally get to meet the girl that got Brad.  He talks about you all the time." Luke's gaze makes me so uneasy that I look away.

"It's true.  My brother is so sprung, its pathetic.  Don't tell him I said that.  He'll kick my butt." J.C. grins.

"Oh wow, I had no idea.  What can I say? I'm just as crazy about him." This is the confirmation I needed to hear.  A big weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and I finally know that his feelings are just as deep as mine.

"He's out in the balcony with my friends.  Let me introduce you to them." I mutter as they follow me.

Photobucket

"Hey!! It's good to see you, bro!" Brad's face lights up when he sees Luke.

"You've been hiding from us.  How've you been?" Luke asks, patting his back.

"You know, been busy.  Work, school, the usual."

"I see that.  But that's not what's keeping you busy."

"Ha.  So I guess you met Lyn."

"Yeah, she's really cool."

It's almost strange to meet the people in Brad's life.   They feel like an extension of him, of the type of person he is, and I'm able to see him through their eyes.  We've been holed up in our own little cocoon of love, tucked in our own little world, that sometimes it feels like the universe revolves around us.  Especially since I moved in, there are times when we don't leave the bedroom for days.  If we're not sharing a hot session in bed (or the living room, or the hot tub, or the kitchen...and sometimes in public), we're at the beach or the bistro. Or just taking a stroll at the park.  At first I thought moving in this soon would be risky, but right now it feels so right.  It makes sense.  We can't get enough of each other.

Photobucket

"Brooke's been eyeing you.  You should talk to her." Brad suggests.

"Which one is Brooke?"

"The blonde one.  She's single."

Photobucket

"No way, dude.  You act like I have a chance." J.C. shakes his head.

"Well, you better make your move before Luke does.  He doesn't waste time."

Photobucket

As I watch Jamie and Luke head upstairs to change, I start to wonder if there's a possibility between them. I don't know that much about his dating history, but I know Jamie would find him hot.  We have the same taste in men: hot, charming and amazing in bed.  And they don't come around that often.

Photobucket

"Yeahh buddy!" Brad mercilessly shoots the zombies invading the house.

"Hey!! You shot me! What the hell??" J.C. complains, watching his character's lifeline decrease.

"My bad, bro.  I told you to stay close to us!" Brad gives him a brief  look of remorse before securing the premises.

"Like J.C. ever listens.  Remember that one time he tried to jump off your dad's truck with a skateboard?" Luke cringes, as another zombie sneaks up from behind.

"Haha yeah!  We were all, don't do it!  And what does he do?" Brad chuckles, shaking his head.

"He starts from the roof of the truck then tries to flip the skateboard at the same time." Luke adds.

"No, not this story again!" J.C. groans, rolling his eyes.

"What happened?" I ask while trying to cover Brad.

"He landed on the bed the wrong way and snapped his shin bone in half."

"Ouch!! That sounds painful!" I hiss through my teeth, shuddering at the image of his white bone sticking out of his leg.

"Yeah, that was crazy." J.C. shakes his head, with a solemn look in his eyes.  I guess that taught him a lesson.

Photobucket

"You don't forget that shit.  He was screaming like he was being gutted." Luke briefly looks  over at J.C.

"And all the blood that came out.  That was crazy." Brad reflects, pausing the game to check his stats.

"You guys sound like you're really close." I mutter, admiring the comraderie between this yummy hotfest.  Seeing Brad, Luke and J.C. together, shirtless, is almost too much.  And knowing they are close makes it even more sexy.  I wish I had this type of relationship with my sister and mom.  It makes me a little sad, so I push it out of my head and try to concentrate on the game.

"Luke has two brothers.  We all grew up in the same neighborhood." J.C. shares.

"Oh, really?"  Now I'm intrigued.  Are they as hot as him??

"I have two younger brothers.  Nate and Jake."  Luke briefly looks in my direction, and our eyes connect for a moment.  Oh dear.

"Tell her Luke." J.C. wiggles his eyebrows.

"Tell her what?"

"You know, what you guys do."

"Oh.  Naw, dude."

"What? What do you do?" Personal sex slave? Private dancer? Professional eye candy?

"We're firefighters." His eyes burn through mine this time, and they linger just a little longer.  Oh, hotness!! Three firemen who are brothers?? If they are even half as hot as Luke, I'll set myself on fire just to have them carry me out of the building.  Mmm...there's something so sexy about firemen.  So strong, so rugged, so heroic...and so selfless.  You can break my window anytime!  Oh wait...not this window.  Maybe my parents' window or Brad will kill me.

"Oh." This is the only word that leaves my mouth.

Photobucket

Later that night, Brad and I join Brooke and J.C. in the hot tub.

"Man, this is the life, bro." J.C. mutters as the hot, bubbly water dance around his skin.

"Ha, you act like I got all this for free.  Finish school and you can have it too." Brad stretches his arms behind his back.

"What are you studying, J.C.?" Brooke asks, eyeing him.

"Business.  I want to work in finance. What about you?" He returns her gaze.

"Psychology.  I want to be a school counselor."

"Nice.  How come I haven't seen you on campus?"

"I kind of started late.  I was working full time before."

"That's understandable." He flashes her a warm smile.

Oooh, what if they hook up??

Photobucket

"This looks like a fun party." Luke's voice interrupts my mental trip to the happy place.  Holy shit, look at that body!!  I look away, cursing my pulse for racing at the sight of his abs..and chest...and arms.  Oh hell, all of him!

"Oh...hey Luke." Brooke stammers, and I know exacty what's on her mind right now. Man-rape!!

Photobucket

"You didn't bring any beer, dude?" Brad asks.

"Oh, crap.  I forgot." Luke mutters as he plants himself next to Brooke, who is probably trying to keep her own grubby hands to herself. 

"J.C., bring us some beer." Brad looks over at his brother, who looks pretty content next to Jamie.
,
"You'll have to pry me off this hot tub first.  Do it. I dare ya." J.C. gives him the beady eyes.

Photobucket

"Oops..." J.C. mumbles as he splashes water on Jamie.

"Oh, I'm sooo gonna get you back!" She threatens as waves of hot water bombards his face endlessly.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" He covers his face with his hands, trying to avoid the onslaught.

Photobucket

"You alright?' Brad whispers as he puts his arms around me, stroking my back.

"Yeah, I'm just relaxing." I sigh as I inch closer to him, savoring his warm, moist skin next to mine.

Photobucket

"Mmm...I want you so bad right now." He murmurs against my neck, sending a warm wave of tingles to my face and my moist parts.

"Behave..." I giggle, discreetly caressing his thigh under the bubbling water.

Photobucket

"And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body
I just know it
Yeah and he's holding her in his arms late,
Late at night

You know I wish that I had Jessie's girl"

*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
----------------------------------------------

"Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield

Video by: RickSpringfieldVEVO


36 comments:

  1. Lyn...I don't know what to say about her! I'm about to jump ship and side with Brad (YEAH I SAID IT!) I mean that girl has got some major wandering eyes. I can't say I wasn't looking but damn her man was RIGHT there every time. You have to control that girl! You can't cream over your BF's bros! At least wait until you're alone! It started me wondering if she has something to do with this heartache...projecting her own inner turmoil on him perhaps? (Or is that wishful thinking on my part because Brad's nudity is blinding).

    "Hehe. That how I snag 'em. Then bam! They won't know what hit 'em."
    ^^ HAHA yeah that's that way to do it!

    I know exacty what's on her mind right now. Man-rape!!
    ^^Because really aren't we all thinking this? Hmm YES!

    YAY! Hottie firemen :P I know which one I want wrapped and ready for me in 3 days (and I better get it Lyn I know where you live...or wherebouts WELL LET'S JUST SAY I'M COMING!)

    It would be interesting if her friends got hooked up, everyone was partnered, was that planned on Brad or Lyn's part?

    More history and we're getting somewhere.

    Now this song is about coveting someone else's mate...Lyn you wanna explain what you've been doing? Because sure Luke was nervous but you did more staring than anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firemen? Oh girl!! I am so with you there, Lyn! Something so sexy about firemen! The uniforms or something! MAN! I just zoned out thinking about it!
    Lyn seems to be a lot more comfortable with herself now. Brad is bringing that out of her. :)
    JC and Luke, meow! My eyes would have wandered too!

    Dai has a thing about bones. It's wrong of me to admit this but I lol'ed because I could see her cringing at the snapped shin bone!
    I wonder if her friends will hook up with Brad's? That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a fun chapter!

    I'm not sure about Lyn's reaction to Luke though. She was practically drooling over him with Brad being right there. I hope it's just a harmless spark of interest on her part and it won't grow into something Brad can't handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad needs to surround himself with less attractive guys since his girlfriend has wandering eyes. Although as long as she doesn't act on it, there's no real harm in just looking.

    It doesn't help that they are firemen. Whew...too hot to handle LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daijah,

    Hahaha the minute Lyn slips, you jump on Brad's side. XD She's just looking, not touching! I mean, don't we do window shopping now and then?? So it's better to oogle alone than in front of him? Well, things are unfolding and each chapter will reveal things about the past. She did admit before that hot men are her weakness, but I don't think she expected to react like this when she met Luke and J.C. Especially Luke. But yeah you SOOO projecting!! You'll look for any excuse to steal Brad! :D

    WHEW, I'm glad I wasn't the only thinking MAn-RAPE! There's something about Luke...like I told you and Qui last night, his eyes. They look like they will undress you and eat you. There's a quiet intensity about him...and I think that's what draws Lyn. Plus he's a hot fireman!! XD

    Bahahaha you haven't met Nate and Jake yet, so you may want to hold off. Although at this point, I can pretty much guess who you want. XD I'll be happy to ship him or all 3 to you!! You can take your time unwrapping your presents XD

    I agree, it would be interesting if they all hook up. But Lyn and Brad didn't plan this. This was just a get together for all of their friends to finally meet.

    This song gives a hint of how Luke sees Lyn, but she has no idea. You'll see why I chose this song when you read the next chapter. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qui,

    YES GIRLY!! Firemen!! XD Hahaha that's what I love about you, you are just as pervy as I am. Just the thought of hot firemen in their uniforms is so freakin hot! I think that's why Lyn was oogling Luke in this chapter because he was in my head. I was already picturing him in his uniform, with a hat, carrying an ax, shirtless. And after what happened in Ch. 20, it made me fantasize about him even more. And I think it rubbed off in Ch. 19. lol That's probably why Lyn was acting out of character. She got distracted, and it was all my fault!

    I agree, Brad is bringing out the sex kitten in her and she didn't even mind that people were around them in the hot tub. That got her even more excited. And on top of Luke staring at them. O.o

    I know, I felt bad, I didn't know Daijah is squemish about bones. For a blood and gore queen, that really surprised me. Poor baby!

    Ch. 20 will reveal that, so stay tuned! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val,

    I'm so glad you enjoyed this chapter! I agree, I'm not going to lie, she was drooling over Luke. And like I told Qui, I wrote this after seeing what happened in Ch. 20's pics, and that affected how I saw Luke. In turn, this rubbed off on Lyn and made her act out of character. At the same time, she did admit she has a weakness for hot men, and her reaction to meeting Luke is probably more telling.

    You'll find out in the next few chapters if anything comes out of this. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazen,

    Haha I agree, Brad's circle of hot friends and brother is not making it easy for Lyn. But then again, that shouldn't affect how she feels about Brad. If she's really in love with him, this will just be harmless oogling and not a symptom of a wandering eye. If she keeps fantasizing about Luke after this initial meeting, then there's a problem.

    But I sooo agree! Having three hot firemen brothers around is not helping! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally meeting his brother and friend, and her friends finally meet him, and his friends. Talk about a hunk fest. LOL, ok i know exactly how she felt seeing them. OK back to thought of train, now i can see the possiblitles of friends branching off to friends, or her branching off to friends. LOL, but i am betting him branching off to friends. They also looked at him like a fine dish. LOL, ok... i thought it was neat that the friends are now introduced, and the friends from both sides. Kinda shows how they were before meeting each other. Still cool, still easy going, still fun. Just cause i got a guy i still remember friends. NICE.. looking forward to the next chapeter.

    Glad they got to meet each others friends. Love the emphasis, on how hot they all look. LOL.. well gotta agree with her, a well built guy, is always a nice thing to be around, or look at. I am still like ok it starts great, their relationship, but great relationships like that always seem to disappear after a time. Now its how in the world did he break her heart.

    was it with one of her friends? Was it with an older love? Was it just a mistake? Was it on purpose? o my the thoughts that run through a persons head. Looking forward to next one. Sorry been busy with family so haven't got the next part of mine up yet. Might be after Christmas, when things settle down here.

    Got more snow, i love how snow looks and makes it look so white and clean out there, but i hate the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was kind of surprised that Lyn was so comfortable walking around in her bikini. Nice update, I think that Luke is a trouble maker, I think the blonde and JC will get together. Can't wait for the next update, and I want to wish you and everyone else a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for telling me I just read it just a little bit ago. Another nice chapter keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a great update! I love it when they all got together. It seemed like the mood was very relaxed.

    I've finally got the first part of my story done!
    I've even made a blog. (Which is pushing my technological limits!) hahaha.

    Heres the link to the first part. I've made a thread which I'll link ou too later.

    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so surprised at the new update. The song title is veryyy suspicious, and so is the last picture. If a picture speaks a thousand words, that picture is definitely saying something. And your simself, lusting after Luke, tut tut. Hehehee, not that I blame her.

    Was that Brooke from The Real World? I love her, she's my favourite character from that legacy. *Happy dance* IT'S FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jerry,

    Hahaha I agree, this chapter was a hunkfest. You know me, I try to make shirts on hot men as unnecessary as possible. XD Haha so Luke got you distracted too? I alot of readers were worried that she has the wandering eye, but I was partly to blame for that. After seeing what happened in Ch. 20, Luke was in my head when writing this chapter. lol And he's pretty hot, on top of being a fireman. lol

    I agree, I wanted to show what their life was like before meeting each other, and what Lyn left behind. Who their friends and family are also tell a lot about them, what kind of relationships they have. Haha I didn't notice how much she was drooling over the boys until I reread the chapter, and I was like...OMG, am I being that obvious? lol It was nice to see them all together though, and I kind of wish I was able to explore this more, but she needs to return to the present.

    I'm glad you're looking at the possibilities because they will all be revealed soon. No worries, I'll be patiently waiting for your next update. :-)

    Wow, snow?? In Arizona?? That's awesome! It's warm here in Florida, and I miss the cold. Bring some of that snow here! :-)

    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristine,

    I was surprised too. Normally she'd be in her regular clothes but since they're having a hot tub party, I didn't think anything of it. I also think Brad is rubbing off on her, she's really coming out of her shell and embracing her body. But yeah, to greet Brad's best friend and brother in a bikini, lol, is quite an impression.

    So you think Luke is trouble and J.C. will hook up with Brooke? Stay tuned!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tom,

    Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed this update! I felt bad about forgetting to tell you about Ch. 18, so I made sure you knew this time.

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ayemee,

    YAY, I'm glad you enjoyed this update!! It was nice seeing them all together, and getting an idea of the nature of their relationships. It actually makes me see Lyn and Brad differently.

    I agree, the party was very relaxed. After all the drama and intense sex scenes in the last chapters, I thought this would be a nice break. lol

    I checked out your story, and I'm loving it so far! You also did a good job with the blog, I'm glad you'll be posting your updates there.

    Merry Chrismas to you and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Xfairytale,

    Haha so you noticed the song title! A lot of the readers were preoccupied with her lusting after Luke, so this made me smile. I agree, the last picture is very telling. Just look at his face, and the way he's staring at them, like a man that wishes he had something like that. Lyn is oblivious to this because she's busy trying not to notice Luke.

    Yes, that's Brooke from Real World! She was blonde before, then went red, then went back to her original raven color. She and Jason are my favorite characters as well, and I always loved them together.

    YES, it's Friday!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. BROOKE!! Haha, those were some great chapters! Well done! Merry Christmas by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tori,

    Haha YES Brooke is Lyn's best friend. XD Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the last updates!! Have a wonderful Christmas and on to a fabulous 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was super excited to see Brooke in this update. She looks so different as a blonde!

    Lyn is sounding more like me, with the whole wandering eyes thing. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend, but I can't help but stare sometimes. Just as long as I don't touch, there's no harm, right? ;)

    It was kind of shocking to see how Lyn reacted to all of the hotness though. It almost seems like she was TOO interested.

    Merry Christmas, by the way! :D

    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know... the more I read, the more I wonder what made Brad cheat on her since, so far from reading, that he's totally in love with her... I mean I see he has a bit of a flirty attitude but...

    O.o... WTH... It's kinda nice that she was really happy back then but it's also confusing 'cause I think we're all wondering: WTH HAPPEN!?!? That made her move Appoloosa AFTER deciding not throw her self off Bridgeport Bridge... lol

    ...XD Can't wait for the next chapter...

    O.o Maybe do a Christmas chapter? Her and brad, lovey dovey near the christmas tree with a nice fire in the background? XD... O.o A suggestion... but...

    CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER... again... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ali,

    YAY you recognized Brooke!! I agree, she looks so different as a blonde, like a vixen. It's funny because Brad is friends with Jason, and Lyn is best friends with Brooke, but they never met.

    LOL it's normal to notice other hot guys, I mean it's human nature. As long as you don't overdo it or act on it, you should be fine. Does your boyfriend notice it or do you make sure he doesn't see? XD

    I agree, Lyn was acting out of character with all the drooling. That was my fault, Luke was in my head while I was writing that update. I just finished editing the pics for Ch. 20 and after seeing what happened, even I was drooling at him. And it rubbed off on her. lol Then again, seeing Brad, J.C. and Luke together shirtless was too much for her. lol

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LadyArora,

    Haha it's kind of hard to see Brad cheating on her especially when they're happy at this time. And he really was in love with her. But remember, you're hearing one side of the story, so it's easy to assume things. XD He is flirty, but he didn't flirt with Lyn's friends. In fact, it was Lyn that was drooling over Luke.

    It will all be revealed soon, I promise. :-)

    Ooooh a Christmas chapter?? I never thought of that, but that would be really cute. Awww, that would be really sweet. I'll see what I can do. If I can't do it, Ch. 20 will be out on Monday.

    Have a wonderful Christmas! I always enjoy reading your comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lyn,

    I really thought the issue was going to be Brad's womanizing and I didn't expect her to lust after his (very) hot friends. Interesting twist. As much as I love the flashbacks and learning more about their history, I'm also anxious for the story to progress and see what happens...mostly because I've been wondering what it was that made her flee Bridgeport since the first chapter! You are building up quite the nail-biter!

    Loved it, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lauren,

    Haha I didn't expect her to drool over Luke and J.C. either until I wrote the chapter. Especially Luke. Something about her meeting him and not expecting him to be so hot, I think that threw he off. And also the way he looks at her, like he's undressing her with his eyes.

    I know, I promise it will be a few more updates before she returns to the present. You will find out what happened soon. XD

    Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed this chapter!

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha, I never let the boyfriend see me flirt. I would hate it if he did that to me, so I try to be considerate. My best friend and I though... man, we talk about hot guys all day. xD

    --Ali

    PS: Can't wait for the update! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ali,

    Awww, how sweet of you for being considerate. You're right, it goes both ways...if you wouldn't want your BF to flirt in front of you, then you should't do the same thing to him. Haha so I take it you see hot guys on campus all the time? XD

    Ch. 20 will be ready soon!

    Hope you had a great Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Flirting right under his nose! Now I don't know if I can be that upset with him for cheating later. It looks like if given the opportunity she and Luke would be all over each other.

    I have the feeling that Brooke may be the one he cheats with!

    Great update, Tommie!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Daisies,

    Yes, flirting right under his nose the same way he flirted with her sister. I guess now they're even? Wow, she and Luke all over each other? Aaaak, what is she turning into? lol She's supposed to be the sweet, innocent good girl! Or so we thought. XD

    I don't blame you for suspecting Brooke, she's a man-magnet. lol

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Okay, I loved this chapter for so many reasons. Where to start?

    1. I LOVE the song Jessie's girl. I saw the looks Luke was shooting Lyn every time the lyrics popped up... I'm thinking this song was picked for a reason :D

    2. Luke. I can't even... hot fire fighter? with fire fighting brothers? I don't blame Lyn one bit for her wandering eyes. That's almost too much to handle!

    3. I really loved the camaraderie between all the guys. My brother had all his bros over during the holidays and there were definitely stories similar to the skateboard incident. Boys will be boys, eh? Of course, none of my brother's friends are sexy firefighters... sigh...

    4. Looks like Lyn has been enjoying the little cocoon of love she and Brad have. But now that real life is creeping in (and hot men and women are invading their secluded place), I wonder how well Brad and Lyn's relationship will hold up? Guess I'll have to go read the rest of your updates :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Count, welcome back!! I was starting to worry that you disappeared. lol YAY, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I thought it was time to show Lyn and Brad's friends to give you an idea of what their life was like before they met each other.

    Yay, you love Jessie's Girl too? It's one of my favorites, I can never get tired of listening to it. Plus I thought it was so fitting, especially after the way Luke looks at her. lol So you caught on to that too? XD Especially that last pic, it was so obvious that he was staring at her.

    Haha yeah, Luke. He's so hot that he's basically making me forget about Brad. With the whole hot firefighter thing he has going on. Yes, girl, firefighting brothers! My eyes betrayed me, and that's why she was all drooling over him in this chapter.

    Awwww, that's so cute that their comraderie reminds you of your brothers' friends. I really wanted to capture how they would talk and behave around each other, as guys, so I'm glad it came off realistically. Yes, boys will be boys!! They seriously don't learn until they get seriously hurt...or arrested. lol Maybe you can convince one of your bro's friends to join the fire department. *nudge nudge wink wink*

    I agree, real life is starting to set in and other people are starting to test their relationship. Haha read the rest of the updates!! Sounds like a plan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Latecomer to your story, but been trying to keep up. :D
    I love the conversations between all the characters, like the "girl talk" vs. the "guy talk", and hearing Lyn's thoughts! Lyn is so funny and has such a wild imagination! Basically everyone else has covered my thoughts on the guys...although, I wonder what Lyn's parents, especially her mom, think of her moving in so soon with Brad?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emerain, welcome to my blog and thanks for checking out my story! Hehe yeah Lyn is a bit of a perv (like the author lol), especially when it comes to good-looking men. She's crazy abou Brad, but Luke comes along and completely throws her off. lol

      I can imagine Lyn's mom not being too approving of her moving in with Brad that soon, but at this point she doesn't care. At least she's out of the house, and she gets to be with the man she loves.

      Thanks for your feedback!

      Delete
  34. Oh, and is the zombie game they're playing based off of a zombie game in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played Resident Evil (I think that's what that was) a few years ago, and I remember shooting a bunch of zombies. So I think that's where I got the idea from. Hehe.

      Delete