Monday, December 26, 2011

Chapter Twenty (Superman)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 19 (Jessie's Girl)
-My best friends Jamie and Brooke arrived at the party first.
-Luke and J.C. came soon after.
-They confided that Brad talks about me all the time, and he's "sprung".
-I found myself surprisingly attracted to Luke.
-Brad and Luke reminisced about the time that J.C. broke his leg during a skateboarding accident.
-To make matters worse, Luke is also a fireman.

*Featured on Seaweedy's Blog: Today In The World Of Sim Stories: 12/28/11

*Strong sexual content, strong language*

Photobucket

Location: 99 Embarcadero Drive
Date: Saturday, 9/10/09
Time: 7:33 p.m.

"Brooke, add a hot tub to our must-have list." Jamie points out as she sinks into the hot, bubbly water.

"I'm on it!" Brooke replies, stretching her arms behind her head in pure bliss.  Now I'm wondering how many girls have been in this tub of liquid heaven.  How many of them made out with and straddled Brad?  Especially with this good-looking trio, it probably isn't hard for them to attract women when they go out.

Photobucket

"Damn baby, I'm getting hard..." Brad murmurs against my neck, interrupting my thoughts.  While my ears and eyes are glued to the on-going conversation between Jamie and Brooke,  my hand is stroking Brad's hard length under the hot, bubbly water.  I desperately fight the urge to bite my lower lip and let out a moan, knowing what we're doing is wrong and it's in front of our company.  I glance over at J.C., and he's busy staring at Brooke.  Jamie is now conversing with Luke, and from the look in her eyes, I can tell that she's having naughty thoughts about him.

"Shhhh..." I whisper against his ear as I lightly squeeze him, loving how hard and big he feels in my hand.  I'm so turned on that I just want to straddle him right now, I don't care if they're watching.  But of course I can't do that, not if I want our lovely guests to come back.  I also don't want Luke and J.C. to think I'm a freak.  Which Brad is turning me into.

Suddenly I feel someone's gaze burn on my body, and I turn towards Luke.  He quickly looks away, but for a brief moment, I catch the fire glowing in his pale, emerald green eyes.  They are immersed in a mixture of curiousity and desire for what he can't have.  There's something about the way he looks at me...as if he's imagining me doing these naughty, delicious things to him.  He seems to be devouring me with his eyes, and it makes me very uneasy, yet even more aroused.  Oh my God, what is wrong with me??  When did I become such a whore?

Photobucket

"What do you think they're doing?"Jamie whispers to J.C. with a smirk.

"I don't even wanna know." J.C. chuckles, closing his eyes as the steam caresses his face.

Photobucket

"I'm gonna go fire up the grill.  We're not done though." Brad lets out a deep breath as he tries to make his hard-on go away.

"You might want to wait a little bit." I whisper, giggling. After a few minutes, he climbs out of the hot tub.

"Dude!! You got a major tent goin' on!" J.C.'s eyes are wide open. I can even hear Jamie and Brooke giggling.

"You wish you had one, bro!" Brad yells as he walks away.

Photobucket

"I'm gonna go check on him.  I"ll be right back." I mutter to Jamie, who has a huge grin on her face.  Luke and J.C. went inside with Brooke, so it's just the two of us left.

"Uh huh..." She raises her eyebrows.

"You're a perv." I give her the evil eye, shaking my head.

"No, YOU'RE a perv. I know what ya'll were doing!"

"Seriously?? Was it that obvious?"

"Yeah. Even Luke and J.C. noticed. And let me tell ya, Luke was seriously looking."

"You noticed it too?" My heart races, now embarrassed of what he might think of me.

"I can tell he's a freak. With that body...mm, mm, mm." She bites her lower lip, her eyes glazing over.

"You guys should hook up. He's single."

"I don't know...he looks like he'll just fuck me and leave me."

"Oh my God, Jamie!!" We both start cracking up.

Photobucket

The smoky smell of lit charcoal penetrates my noise as I walk over to Brad. This reminds me of hot summer days when my dad would grill up steak and chicken in the backyard as music softly plays in the background. I would make iced tea sweetened with honey, Adam would help make the coleslaw, my mom would check on the peach cobbler baking in the oven and even Naveah would help cut up the seedless watermelon. Afterwards we would take a dip in the pool, the water cooling our skin against the intensity of the afternoon sun.

"You need any help?" I ask, watching the hot charcoal burning underneath the sizzling hotdogs.

"Umm...yeah, you can get the condiments ready." He coughs, trying to fan the smoke away.

"You okay?" I gently pat his back.

"I'm fine. It's just really smoky."

"Alright babe, I'll be inside if you need me."  I kiss him on the cheek before I head towards the kitchen.

Photobucket

"Do you need any help?" I hear a deep voice behind me as I grab the buns and mayo from the fridge. I turn around, and it's Mr. Green Eyes. My heart skips a beat.

"Umm...I'm just getting the stuff for the hot dogs." I reply, placing the ketchup and mustard on the counter.

"Anything I need to open? Jar of pickles?" He smiles, his eyes penetrating into mine.

"Haha. Umm..." I dig through the fridge and find an unopened can of relish. "You can open this."

"Thanks." He chuckles as the lid pops with one swoop of his large hand.

"Wow, you're pretty strong." I stare at the opened can of relish, then return his gaze.

"I've had a lot of practice." He grins mischievously, making me look away.

"I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me"


Photobucket

My mind keeps telling me, "Stop! Walk away!" but my body feels hypnotized by his eyes and his presence.  I thought Brad was smooth with the ladies, but Luke...he's like a walking sex on a stick.  There's something about his ruggedness that pulls me to him, his facial hair, his masculinity. Why am I having these thoughts about my man's best friend?? Stop it!!

"Is that right?" I inch closer, ignoring my mind's protests.

"Yeah...I'm good with my hands..." His eyes scan my body from head to toe, then pause at my lips. My breath gets caught in my throat. Oh dear.

Photobucket

"Hey baby." Brad wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my neck, making me gasp and shiver in surprise.  Oh shit.  What the hell am I doing?? Fuck, I hope he's not upset.  

"Oh..hey sweetie!" His scent and the warmth of his body brings me back to reality, reminding me that my heart and body belongs to him. And only him.

"Did you get the stuff ready?" He squeezes my waist possessively.


"Yeah." I mumble as my eyes lock with Luke's.  He has this look on his face I can't describe.  I feel like I'm in a showdown between two virile, alpha males who have their eye on the same female.  Instead of feeling ashamed, I'm actually flattered by the attention, and it makes me feel even more sexy.

Suddenly I hear a loud explosion.  What the hell??

"Oh my God!!" I hear Brooke shriek from the balcony.  We all rush out of the kitchen to see what happened. 


Photobucket

When I open the door, I see everyone huddled in front of the grill, which is engulfed in flames. The heat is so intense that I have to quickly let go of the door knob since it's burning my hand. Hot waves of red, orange and yellow take over the corner of the balcony as it quickly crawls up the walls.

"What happened??" I ask, watching the flames grow with every second that passes.

"The tank just exploded!!" J.C. explains, backing away from the heat.

Photobucket

"Oh my God!! It's getting worse!!" I panic, frozen in fear as the heat travels to the roof.  I want to run inside and grab a bucket of water, but my eyes are too fixated on the flames taking over the corner of the balcony.  I try to scream but no sound comes out, and all I can think is, Where's Brad?  Is he okay?

Photobucket

Clouds of black smoke take over us, and it becomes harder to breath.  I can hear everyone coughing around me but the sound of wood snapping and crackling is even louder, letting me know that the fire is much stronger than I expected. We are all blinded by the smoke, aimlessly wandering around in panic and bumping into each other.  I can hear the thumping of my own heart as I wonder if we are all going to make it out of this building alive.  What if the fire gets worse??

"I can't breathe!!"

"Somebody help!!"

"Call 911!!"

Photobucket

"Everybody, stay back!! Do not come any closer!!" I hear Luke yell from behind the wall of flames, holding the fire extinguisher.  I watch him calmly spray the busted propane tank first before he sprays the top of the grill.  The whooshing sound of the fire extinguisher slowly calms me down, letting me know that Luke is confidently battling the scorching heat.  Thank God he's here tonight!

"
I'm more than a bird
I'm more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face
Beside a train
And it's not easy to be me"


Photobucket

"It's coming back!!" Brooke freaks out as Luke fearlessly goes after the stubborn flames taking over the wall and roof.

"You need to move back!! I got this!" He assures Brooke as he moves closer, increasing the pressure of the fire extinguisher.

Photobucket

I watch as the last glimmer of orange and yellow dies down, overpowered by a shower of white, chalky substance.  Silence takes over the air as everyone lets out a sigh of relief.  We're all standing there for a moment, trying to grasp what just happened.  I look over at Luke as he wipes his forehead and lets out a deep breath.  It's over.  A part of me just wants to wrap my arms around him right now, to let him know how thankful I am that he just saved our lives.  I know he's a fireman and that's his job, but he still risked his life for us.  He stepped in front of the smoke and flames, knowing he could have been burned or damaged his lungs from smoke inhalation.

Photobucket

"Hey man..." Brad walks up to Luke with a solemn look on his face.  Whatever happened earlier, he must have been able to move past it.

"Hey..." Luke looks at Brad nervously.

"Thank you for what you did." A smile forms on Brad's lips, letting bygones be bygones.

"It was nothing." Luke smiles back with a sigh of relief.

Photobucket

Amidst the crowd, our eyes find each other.  I can still feel my pulse slowing down, but the sight of him makes it jump again.  After seeing what he did, I've developed a new sense of respect and admiration for him.  Despite his macho bravado, I sense a kind soul who will do anything  to protect those that matter to him.  Even those that he just met.  In fact, he's willing to risk his own life for strangers, and he does this everyday.  I don't know if it's the rush from tonight's close call with death but I can feel him gently tugging at my heartstrings.  It doesn't change how I feel about Brad, but a part of me wonders...what if?  And I think this question is even more dangerous than the strong flames and smoke inhalation combined.

Photobucket

"Are you okay?" J.C. asks Brooke.

"Yeah. I thought we were all going to die tonight." She mumbles, inching closer towards him.

"I know. Me too." His eyes never leave hers.

"You wanna get out of here?" She whispers.

"Yeah." He places his hand on the small of her back as they walk back inside.

Photobucket

With Brad's arms wrapped protectively around my waist, we say goodbye to Brooke and J.C. as they head to the elevator. Luke and Jamie linger at the door.

"We still had fun even with the crazy fire." Jamie comments, looking at Luke.

"We did." Luke returns her smile.

"It was good to see you, bro. Thanks again." Brad mutters behind me.

"Thanks Luke." I mumble, our eyes connecting again.

"Don't mention it." His gaze lingers just a little bit longer before he turns to Jamie. "You need a ride home?"

"Yeah. Brooke just took off with J.C." She chuckles.

"I'm only a man
In a funny red sheet
I'm only a man
Looking for a dream"


*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
-------------------------------------------------

"Superman" by Five For Fighting

Video by: fiveforfightingVEVO



30 comments:

  1. WoWsa! shes lit by a fire other than brad. Yet he seems to know and is ok, but protective. Now its like WHAT? How is she gonna deal with feelings for his friend and her BF? That has got to be intense. Yet what did he do? Why did she run? I am now more into finding out and wanting to know, and yet wanting the mystery to stay as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! That was close, her flirting with Luke and then the fire. She is going to get herself in trouble if Luke should show up at the apartment when Brad isn't there. With them having such a relationship, I am having a hard time believing he cheats on her. I am really curious to know who he ends up with.

    I can't wait until we get back to the present to get some of these burning questions answered. Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, nothing like a fire to really show off Luke's hotness. Damn. I can see how Lyn is so drawn to him.

    And Brooke and JC? But... she belongs with Matt! ;) By the way, what is it with you and doctors? ;)

    I have a feeling that Lyn isn't completely innocent in this whole situation with Brad, but I could be wrong. Does he just try to get back at her for being so obviously flirty? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

    And yes, I did have a very good Christmas. I spent it at home with my boyfriend, since my family all lives hundreds of miles away. :P I hope you had a relaxing Christmas!

    --Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so confused! I wanted to believe Brad was the bad guy yet you write it that no one is completely good or bad and you're killing me, wondering how it all comes together...

    If she hangs out with Luke again, things will happen. The smoldering chemistry between them will have to come to a head at some point. Lyn is so naughty...and so believable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see trouble ahead! Strong feelings two gorgeous men now! Brad sees it, but I like how he handled it.

    Now I'm wondering if that is the reason that he cheats!

    This is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... that was a interesting chapter...

    O.o She really needs to stop flirting with guys... <.< Maybe that's PART of the reason they broke up besides the cheating? >.< UGH... I WANTS THE ANSWER NOW...

    *is impatient*XD But I'll still read 'cause it's really good...

    DON'T YOU GET IT WHEN THINGS GET ON FIRE!?!? I swear I have a minor heart attack everytime... afraid my poor sims will die and things will end... never had that happen... YET...

    CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER... IN A FEW DAYS... AHAHAHAHA... XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagine that! The tables are definitely turned. Now it's Brad that's the husband, trying to keep Luke from wooing her away. And then Luke beats his ass. Which he deserves, if he did cheat on her like I suspect. I'm really confused though, they seem to be so in love, I can't imagine Brad cheating on her, despite the Luke thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you use the fire! I'm not on anyone's team at this point. Let her choose. It's her choice, not Brad's. Not Luke's. She's not the girl on the glass mountain and whoever gets there first wins. I love this!!! Incredible shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man! Luke is dripping sex! The way he kept looking at her even with Brad there was just...WOW! The fireman thing is sexy so I can definitely understand her being attracted and the fact that he has this way of seducing with his eyes is just...wow!

    Brad noticed! He had to have noticed! Maybe he can understand how she felt about him and bitch sister being so close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chapter was really good. Lyn was a right little flirter!

    I really do love the friendship thing between them all.

    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lyn...

    First:

    "Anything I need to open? Jar of pickles?" He grins, his eyes penetrating into mine.

    Answer: Yes, your pants.

    ANYWAY!

    Lyn was all butthurt and mad when she thought Brad was flirting with her sister and yet she gave herself the freedom to flirt with his friend in front of everybody they invited that night? That is VERY disrespectful to not only him but their friends and relationship. I seriously am jumping ships!

    I'm gonna stand safely in the middle here and see which side the coin lands on though because from what we're seeing now she's just as guilty for causing heartaches and pain in their relationship as he is.

    Her actions this night could very well be what pushed him away and towards whoever "she" is. And if it's one of her besties, they witnessed what she and Luke were doing tonight. I'm going out and even naming Jamie since she noticed that Luke was eyeing her in the hot tub. She probably took that as an open invitation to Brad.

    Loved the firefight and yes Luke is still heating up the screen. If his bros are anywhere near as yum I'll need you to express ship my presents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jerry,

    I agree, she was definitely taken by Luke, and I didn't expect their attraction to be that intense. But after seeing Luke step up and put out the fire. she starting seeing him differently. Haha I don't blame you for wanting the mystery to remain. It's like you almost don't want to find out what happens, because it can get ugly.

    It's getting closer to her return to the present, so stay tuned! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jazen,

    I agree, that was really close, and she will get herself into trouble if she spends time with Luke alone. So now you have a hard time believing that Brad cheats on her? XD That's funny because in the beginning of the story, readers thought Brad was a scumbag. She based her recollection of what happened on what she remembered, but the flashbacks tell what "really" happened. So this explains why we're seeing this differently from the beginning. We're seeing the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ali,

    Haha I agree, this chapter had me thinking inappropriate thoughts about Luke. The way he stared at her in the hot tub and saved everyone's life SHIRTLESS, I was swooning. Now do you see why Lyn was all drooling over him in Ch. 19?? Because of this chapter. lol HE was in my head!

    Actually this took place two years before Brooke met Matt and Jason. This was when she was a spoiled brat party girl, hence the blonde hair. XD Haha you noticed the thing with doctors too? I don't know why, but I seem to be drawn to this profession. Maybe that a dream that escaped? :D

    I don't blame you for your suspicions about Lyn's part in this mess. Things are unraveling, and it's showing a side of her we haven't seen in the beginning. Stay tuned, you will find out why she left Bridgeport soon.

    Awwww, that's great that you got to spent Christmas with your BF! At least you got to spend it with his family. :-) Hubby an I stayed home and I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered Chinese. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauren,

    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. lol You heard Lyn's side of the story first, and after seeing him run after her and apologizing, it's natural to assume that he cheated on her or did something bad. Also the heartache she was going through, that's understandable.

    That's interesting that you mention that "no one is completely good or bad". I think like human beings, each character has a good and bad side, it just depends on which side they choose to present to the world. I also think the character's point of view influences the reader's judgement and the way they see the story.

    I agree, the chemistry between Lyn and Luke is dangerous. But I LOL'ed when you said that she's naughty and believable at the same time. Muwahahaha! XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Daisies,

    Haha strong feelings, two gorgeous men. I like that. Oh, how I'd love to be in her shoes right now..oh wait...no I don't. Now that I remember what happens to her in the end. lol I agree, Brad was surprisingly calm after seeing her woman flirt with his best friend. But then again, maybe he held back because he got a taste of his own medicine with the sister. XD

    Thank you, I'm so glad you're enjoying the story so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LadyArora,

    You crack me up!! You're all impatient, and wanting answers NOW. lol But you still read because it's really good. XD I'll take that as a huge compliment. :-) In due time grasshoppa, in due time. We're getting closer to the present.

    There are a lot of factors that contributed to the demise of their relationship, and you will see even more in the next few chapters.

    You know what was scary? I forgot to install a smoke detector outside, and that's where the fire happened. I don't know what would have happened if Luke wasn' there, even though he contributed to the fire by flirting with Lyn. As soon as Brad saw them, he left the grill and walked to where they were. After that the grill caught on fire. XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Xfairytale,

    Haha I agree, the tables have definitely turned. Now how knows what it's like for someone to go after his woman, and if his past life is accurate, he's probably done his share of wife-stealing. lol

    It's funny because in the beginning everybody assumed Brad cheated on her, but now it's hard for them to see that. It's amazing how judgement can change when you have more information, huh? XD

    As far as the Luke thing. You'll just have to find out for yourself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. SB,

    The fire actually happened spontaneously while Brad calmly confronted Lyn and Luke about their flirting. He left the grill unattended and I got the "There's a fire on your lot" pop-up. It was crazy. And the irony is that the man that stopped that fire is also the same man that helped cause it. XD The irony.

    I really like your perspective. Let her choice. It's not Brad or Luke's decision, only hers, and she's not some trophy to be won. I feel kind of bad though because she and Brad are all in love, and whoosh Luke comes in and throws everything off. I almost didn't want any of this to happen but their personalities dictated ther actions.

    Thank you about the kind words about the shots, and I'm so glad you're loving the story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Qui,

    Haha OMG, Luke is "dripping sex"?? DAMN, girl, you got me all hot just thinking that. lol I agree, Luke is completely stealing the show with his sex appeal and fireman yumminess, and the way he looks at her, as if he's EATING HER alive. Ummm yeah. Now you see why she's lusting after him in the last two chapters. Bad Lyn, I feel bad for Brad, but DAMN. He is soo in my head right now. XD

    YES, Brad noticed. That's why he possessively grabbed her from behind and kissed her neck in front onf Luke, as if to remind him "Back off, boy". And the fact that he didn't get upset makes me wonder if he was playing on his guilt about the sister. So I guess now they're even. lol

    Haha you called her bitch sister. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Daijah,

    "Yes, your pants."

    Bahahahah!!! You're so bad! XD Although that thought has crossed my mind a few times. I'm horrible, I had these men practically naked in these chapters.

    I agree, flirting with Luke with Brad and their friends present was blatant and a bit disrespectful. Then again, Brad did the same thing with her sister. So now they're even perhaps? The only proble is that Brad seems to have forgotten about the sister, but Luke is in Lyn's head. Maybe over time and with limited contact, she'll forget about him and things will get back to normal. But at this point, she finds herself very drawn to him.

    Now you're seeing her part in the relationship through her flashbacks, and now her point of view. I agree, her actions are questionable, and some would even say that Brad isn't looking too bad. Some may even be rooting for him. But don't forget something happened so drastically that prompted her to leave Bridgeport and jump off the bridge, so he's not compeltely off the hook yet.

    So you think Jamie is the culprit?? Good guess, I can see why you'd think that. Stay tuned, it will be revealed soon.

    The fire really happened. Brad left the grill unattended when he confronted Lyn and Luke's flirtation. Haha I agree, Luke is heating up the screen. This is just a little sample for how he's going to be in the new story. I'll be sure to overnight his bros if they are to your liking. XD

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ayemee,

    I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I agree, Lyn is quite the flirt. He seems to be really drawn to Luke, especially after he saved their lives. She really did have a closer circle of friends in Bridgeport. It's unfortunate that she had to leave it all behind.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Lyn Chapter 20 you are really becoming quite the author. You did a great job with this chapter. Now im puzzled and wondering will Brad and Lyn stay together or is something going to happen with you and Luke. :) Had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tom,

    Thank you so much, that means a lot to me, although I still feel I have a lot I need to improve on. I want to eventually write a novel, and sims stories have definitely helped me practice this craft. I like the fact that I get feedback, and I have an idea if readers enjoyed the chapter or not.

    Haha you're not the only one that's puzzled by these turn of events. lol You will find out soon, she's getting closer to the present. I'm glad you had a great Christmas! :-)

    It's been warm here lately. Is it cold where you're at? I miss the cold. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's funny that you ordered Chinese for Christmas... we made egg rolls, wontons, teriyaki chicken, and rice. xD It must be the new thing!

    Ahhh, and your story really makes me want to start writing again. Maybe not sims stories, because it would be too time-consuming to get all of the pictures and everything. I really miss writing stories though.

    I can totally see Brooke as a total party girl. I remember parts of Real World where you mentioned that. But again, I still think she should be with Matt. ;)

    Anyway. I'll be waiting to read the next update, as always!

    --Ali (again)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Liked the update, yep, Luke is BIG trouble. But I trust Lyn, I dont think she'll go further than flirting, but I think Luke will try something and get her into trouble. Grr, I dont like Luke, I think if someones taken, people should keep their hands to themselves. I think Luke has distracted a lot of the Brad haters following the story. You're only going to update once a week for Memoirs? Im going to suffer Memoirs withdrawal.

    Loved the update!

    By the way, I hardly ever catch anything on fire either, but then, I mother my sims, I dont let them near anything dangerous if I dont think I can trust them

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ali,

    Oooooh your dinner sounded yummy! Now I don't feel so lazy. lol I love teriyaki chicken and egg rolls. Pretty much everything that you mentioned. I'm not sure if it's a new thing but I definitely appreciate the fact that Chinese restaurants are still open during Christmas. XD

    Wow, you used to write stories?? That's awesome, and I'm so glad that I could inspire you in some way. Do you have a specific genre that you like? I'm more of a romance/drama/mystery girl but I'm trying to branch out into suspense as well. I'm working on a new story right now called "Heat" and it has Luke in it as the main character. It will be about him and his brothers as firefighters as they try to deal with the challenges of their profession and personal life. You should definitely write again! Especially when you get that bug, go for it! I'd love to read it :-)

    Haha yes, Brooke was a party girl before and she was never at a shortage of male interests. But it's so cute that you are still rooting for Matt. Awww, I get nostalgic just thining abou Real World. Ahhh, good times. I remember whe you told me that you dated a guy just like Jason and you felt bad for him. XD

    Ch. 21 will be ready on Thursday! Thanks again for following this story even after Real World. Sighh...good times from the Generations thread. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kristine,

    Haha I don't blame you for thinking Luke is big trouble. He charmed my pants off, especially after that fire scene. He defininitely stole the show in the last two chapters. XD I really hope Lyn will do the right thing and resist temptation, but you can never tell how these characters react. They do things that even I don't agree with.

    I agree with you that Luke should respect the fact that she's Brad's girl, but in the end it's her responsibility to resist his advances. After all, she's the one that's in a relationship. So the burden falls on her. The problem is...she's attractd to him. And that's just asking for trouble.

    You do make a good point about Luke distracting the "Brad haters", as you call them. Haha I love your terminology. Lyn's flirty nature and Luke's lusting after her is definitely earning Brad some brownie points. He's been good the whole time.

    LOL Memoirs withdrawal?? Awww, you're so cute! Nothing is definite yet, I still have to see how "Heat" does. And it also depends on where Memoirs is head as far as material. If it slows down after a while, it may be time to wrap up the story. So we'll play it by ear. My goal would be to keep both stories running so I have a variety, but it will really depend on how well readers receive the new story.

    I may just start Heat with a once a week update and keep Memoirs at the regular Mon/Thu schedule. And go from there. Thanks again for your interest in my story! It means a lot to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay, I was not expecting that! But a fire was absolutely perfect.. Luke got to be in his element, dazzling all the ladies with his skills and saving lives. It also puts things into perspective... they very well could have died.

    But, oh man... how can you not love Luke any more now? I can't even be mad that he is blatantly hitting on his friend's girlfriend -- because he will just go redeem himself by saving complete stranger's lives. Lyn's getting into dangerous territory if she starts playing the 'what if' game. I think though that if she dated Luke instead of Brad, she'd already have been cheated on hahah.

    Anyway. That chapter was hot (literally! haha) and Luke is becoming such an intriguing character. Lyn certainly has her plate full :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Count,

    LOL I wasn't expecting the fire either! After catching Lyn and Luke flirting with each other, Brad left the grill unattended, and it caught on fire. Soon a pop-up window appeared with a "There's a fire on your lot" message. And I'm thinking, the irony!! The fireman that helps cause the fire is also the fireman that saves everybody. lol

    I agree, he stole the show in this chapter with his firefighting skills and dashing ways. That occured to me too, they really could have died. They were so busy freaking out that I honestly don't know what would have happened if Luke wasn't there, and if he wasn't a fireman. That would have been a messed up way to end the story. Everybody dies. O.o

    Haha I know, right? He was wrong for flirting with Lyn in front of Brad, but at the same time, he saved their lives. And he goes on to save more lives the next day. It's like...does an even bigger right make up for a wrong? Does he get to use his fireman card when he gets himself in trouble? Haha so you think Luke would have cheated on Lyn is she went out with him instead? Hmmmm...it's a possibility. Like Brad said, he doesn't waste time. lol

    I agree, Luke is an intriguing character and he has such presence. That's why created a new story called "Heat" with him as a main character. lol I'm hoping to have Ch. 1 out by Wed.

    ReplyDelete