Monday, December 5, 2011

Chapter Fourteen (Coming Around Again)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 13 (You Go To My Head)
-Brad walked in the middle of my fantasy about him in the library.
-After learning that he's in med school, he decided to "kidnap me" from my study session.
-We ended up going to the food truck and watching a movie afterwards.
-I learned that the girl at the library was his ex, and clinginess turns him off.
-Afer the movie, he took me to the beach to stargaze.
-His embrace made me feel like I was floating on a cloud.

*Featured on Seaweedy's Blog: Today In The World Of Sim Stories: 12/8/11

Photobucket

Location: 272 Windsor Drive
Date: Saturday, July 2, 2009
Time: 10:11 a.m.

"Guess what??" I pop in the bathroom with a huge grin on my face.

"Gaah!!  What the hell??" Adam drops his toothbrush on the floor with a flustered look on his face.

 He scares so easily, and nothing brings me more demented pleasure than sneaking up on him.  I remember walking into the kitchen late at night to get some munchies, and he was still up watching "The Exorcist" in the dark living room.  Thinking he was alone, he would peek his face from under the sheet.  Slowly but surely, I crept up behind him and whispered in my deepest, creepiest voice, 'You're mine, boy.'  He jumped out of the couch so fast, he bumped his knee on the coffee table and lost his balance.  I was laughing so hard, I literally peed my pajama pants.  With a bruised knee, he didn't speak to me for a whole week.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."  I pick up the toothbrush off the floor and rinse it under the faucet.

"Yeah right.  You always do!"  He rolls his eyes as he wipes his face with a white towel.

"Come on, Adam, man up.  How are you supposed to get chicks if you won't grow a pair?"  Eyebrows raised, I pat his shoulders.

"You know what? I'm gonna get you back one of these days.  See if it's still funny.  What do you want, anyway?"

"Okay, so I met this really cute guy.  And we're going out on a date tonight."

"Eww, someone actually wants to date you?"

"I'm serious, Adam.  I need you as a buffer.  You know how dad is."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just talk to him while I get ready if he's early."

"Umm...okay.  So who is this guy?"

"His name is Brad.  He's in med school."

Photobucket

"You're moving up.  Your last boyfriend was a total douche.  And I mean that nicely."  He gives me a sweet smile that softens his jab at my ex.

I don't blame him though.  That trainwreck lasted 2 months.  He had this habit of conveniently forgetting his wallet everytime we would go out to eat.  I would end up paying for him each time.  Finally, I got tired of his moochiness and left him with the bill at the restaurant. I haven't heard from him since then.  The only redeeming quality about him was his ability to keep me guessing, which was fun until I realized that I couldn't count on him for anything, not even to adhere to our plans.  Not returning my calls or texts was his way of letting me know he couldn't make it.

"Thanks...I think. Hey at least I'm getting dates.  With real people, not Myspace avatars." I return his sweet smile.

"Oh no you didn't." His mouth hangs open in shock.

"I sure did."  I gloat, savoring my comeback.

"You better hope this guy looks somewhat subhuman.  I will rag on his fugliness until you dump him." He threatens, throwing the towel on the rack.

"Who are you talking about?" Naveah's voice comes up from behind us.

 She always does that.  She always wants to know the scoop on whoever I'm dating or interested in, even when we were in high school.  She's only a year older than me, but I always felt like I was under her spotlight.  She was the popular cheer captain, I was the awkward nerd with a few friends.  She was feminine and flirtatious, I was a tomboy.  She always knew the latest fashion, I tried to hide my blossoming figure with baggy blothes.  She was the thin one, I struggled with my weight.  And she was always surrounded by the hot, popular guys in school.  While I went solo to my own prom, she was crowned prom queen at hers.

Then when I tell her about a guy that I like or show interest in, she makes a negative comment, as if she's too good for them or they're out of my league, and I have no chance.  So I've learned to keep his type of information between me and Adam.  I can't exactly confide in my mom since she's closer to Naveah, and they don't keep secrets from each other.  And forget about my Dad.  He thinks children are meant to be seen and not heard, and he still thinks I'm 15 years old.  Even though I'm a college student now, he still has a hard time accepting the fact that I'm dating.

"Oh, just one of Adam's new friends."  I give Adam a "just play along" look.

"Yeah, what she said."  He looks at me suspiciously.

Photobucket

"Umm...hello!! Are you guys done chit-chatting? I need to pee!" She barks, barely able to hold still.

"Geez, chill.  We're leaving." Adam shrugs as we both walk out.  Within seconds, the door slams shut.

Photobucket

The smell of left-over mac and cheese fills the kitchen as I sit back down on the table.  Even though there's enough bacon, eggs and bread in the fridge to feed a small army, my parents never make breakfast when there's food leftover from the night before.  My dad calls it "recycling food" and a way to save money, but I think it's just sheer laziness.  Oftentimes, I get so tired of eating left-over mac and cheese that I end up making breakfast, which they happily devour.

"Lyndsey, honey, can you make dinner tonight?  I have to work." My mom asks in the sweetest voice with an accent, making it impossible for me to say no.

 At the age of 27, my dad was stationed in Shang Simla when he first laid eyes on her at the special vendor's store.  She was only 19 at the time when her parents chose her as heir of the family business.  With her long, thick raven hair cascading down the small of her back, she was quite an exotic vision.  She was different from the girls in Bridgeport, where he was born and raised.  Even though she wanted to study abroad at Bridgeport University to become a nurse, her family obligations prevented her from pursuing her goals.  Despite their age, language and cultural difference, they continued to see each other in secret during the month that he was assigned there.  It was frowned upon for locals to date tourists.  People from Shang Simla are very traditional, and they are not ready for this type of change.

During his last day at Shang Simla, her cousin saw them making out in a parked car.  The news of this affair traveled quickly to her family. They threatened to disown her if she continued to see this foreigner.  With a tough choice between family loyalty and a whirlwind romance, she chose him.  With nothing but the clothes on her back, she hopped on the plane with my dad to start a new life in Bridgeport.

"Baby sneezes
Mommy pleases
Daddy breezes in
So good on paper
So romantic
So bewildering"


"Sure, mom.  What do you want me to make?"

"I bought ribeye yesterday.  Maybe you can grill steak?"

"But she has a date tonight." Adam blurts out, making me kick his ankle from under the table.  This is NOT how I want them to find out.

Photobucket

"A date?" My dad questions before he takes his last bite.

"Yeah, he's a friend from school." I carefully phrase my words, hoping he'll barely notice.

"Is he coming here?" My mom asks, with a look of curiousity and apprehension on her face.

"Yes, he'll be picking me up at seven."

"He's going to be a doctor." Adam volunteers with a smug look on his face.  His being a loud-mouth has never been so handy and come at a better time than now.  I give him a silent look of gratitude.

Photobucket

"A doctor? How did you get a doctor?" She gives me a look of disbelief.

 Once again, she questions my abilities.  Brad's not even a doctor yet, and she already can't figure out what he'd want with me.  I try not to let her comments get me down, but after hearing them so many times, I start to believe them.  Naveah, on the other hand, is the prize.  No guy is ever good enough for her princess.  My mom always focused on her accomplishments, doted on how thin and pretty she is and never let me forget that she was prom queen.  Yet I was expected to get straight A's in school because I "have no excuse".  I don't know if its because her health has always been fragile since she was little, so my parents felt the need to protect and coddle her, even pamper her ego.  I, on the other hand, have always been strong and healthy, so they never worried about me.  Instead, I was expected to pick up the responsibilities of the oldest sister: cooking, cleaning and watching Adam.

"Mom, he's not a doctor yet.  He's in med school." I explain in an exasperated voice.

"You think you can be a doctor's wife?" She hisses, adding venom to her words.

"She doesn't have to be a doctor's wife.  She's in school, for christ's sake!! Geez, Xhun!" My dad sharply interrupts her.  He usually doesn't like to get involved during spats between family members but I've never been so glad to see him defend me.

Photobucket

"With what? A mickey mouse degree?" She looks directly at me, making sure I heard what she said.

 She has never supported any of my goals, not even when I tried out for the softball team in high school and the school play.  She always had a way of making me feel inadequate, no matter how hard I tried to make her proud of me.  My grades can always be better, the house can always be cleaner, the food can always taste better, I can always lose more weight.  All of the hard work I put in high school and college amounted to what?  A mickey mouse degree? Naveah's not even in school.  Her grades were average, just enough to keep her in the cheering squad but they weren't good enough for the colleges she applied to.  So she started working at the bistro after high school instead.  But she's criticizing me??

Something in me snapped. She doesn't even know that I'm majoring in Biochemistry, one of the hardest majors there is.  She doesn't even know that I can get accepted into med school in less than a year if I finish all of the requirements.  

"No, mom.  I'm not going to marry a doctor.  I'm going to be a doctor."  I return her condescending gaze with an intense need to prove her wrong.  With tears forming in my eyes, I get up from the table and leave the kitchen.Whatever it is that she was going to say, it doesn't matter.  I'm not going to stick around and listen to it anymore.

Photobucket

Later that night, I hear the doorball ring even from my bedroom as I get ready.  Oh my goodness, it must be Brad.  I quickly run to the living room to let him know that I'll need a few more minutes.  The sight of him looking so handsome in a dress shirt and slacks takes my breath away, and I feel even more nervous.  Even Adam is keeping him occupied, and so is Naveah.  This is so weird.  This is his first time meeting my family, yet he already fits in so well.  I can already envision him having dinner with us, being a part of special occasions like birthdays and holidays.

"I'll be right there!" I yell out before I run back to my room to finish up my outfit.  My hair and make-up is already done, I have my dress and heels on.  Something is missing.  Earrings?  I already have those.  Aaah, I know!  My favorite perfume, Tommygirl.  I want to make sure Brad knows my scent, and if I'm lucky, he'll like it.

Photobucket

My cheerful smile quickly fades when I enter the living room again.  Instead of Brad patiently waiting for me to come out, he's flirting with my sister.  And from the look on her face, she's eating up all of the attention.   What the hell??

Photobucket

I don't know wether to smack him in the face, tell him to leave or run to my room and hide.  Or come out and bitch-slap her.  I am still absorbing the shock of what I just saw, ruining whatever excitement I have left for the rest of the night.  I don't know who flirted with who, but I guess it doesn't matter.  With his skirt-chasing ways and my sister's attention-whore tendencies, should I have seen this coming?

I simply stand there, seething in contempt until they notice my presence.

Photobucket

"Wow, you look amazing!" He gushes as if nothing happened.

Just as he pulls me in for an embrace, I coil away in disgust.

"What? What's wrong?" He looks bewildered.

Photobucket

"Are you kidding me?? You just flirted with my sister in my own house!!" I lash out in a jealous rage, not caring if I'm making a scene.  Just the thought of him paying attention to another woman makes me go crazy.  Was my mom right?  Am I not good enough for someone like Brad?  Is that why he flirted with Naveah because he's more attracted to her?

"No, I was just talking to her."  He searches my eyes, and I look away, hiding the remnants of my mother's callous words.

"I saw you, Brad.  You were flirting with each other.  I'm not dumb." I shake my head, wanting this night to already be over.

Photobucket

"Lyn, I promise you I was not flirting.  You have to believe me.  She's your sister, what kind of guy do you think I am? I'm just friendly and some people mistake that as flirting. But I was just talking to her.  I swear." He pleads, trying to paint a different picture of what I saw.

"I don't even want to go out anymore.  I think you should go." I try to hold back the tears and disappointment in my eyes.  I had such high hopes for this guy, and it turns out I was wrong about him.

Photobucket

"I was going to give you this during dinner but I guess I'll give it to you now.  I'm really sorry, it wasn't my intention to upset you."

He holds out a bouquet of red roses, totally catching me by surprise.  Why, oh why did he have to pick red roses, my favorite flowers in the whole world??  The sight of the velvety crimson color and sweet scent of the petals soften my angry and guarded heart, slowly returning the feelings of longing I have for him.  Oh God, what is wrong with me?? I'm supposed to be pissed at him right now!  I'm supposed to never want to see him again!  I'm supposed to be slamming the door on his face!  Yet here I am, being seduced by red roses.  And it's working.

Photobucket

"Why red roses?" I ask, trying to find the sincerity in his eyes again.

"Because...red seems to be your favorite color, and roses are timeless.  Like you."  His eyes are serious now.

"Oh my God, you expect me to buy that crap??" I roll my eyes but I'm secretly swooning at his words, making my heart flutter.

"No, but you asked me a question and that's how I feel."

Photobucket

"Do you forgive me?" He gently lifts my chin, forcing me to look into his pale blue eyes.

"Yes.  But don't you ever do that again.  Do you understand??"  I cup his handsome face with my hands, making sure he knows I mean business.

"Yes maam." He nods, loving the authority in my voice.

 He pulls me into his arms until there's no space between our bodies as we cling to each other, washing away the disaster that happened a few minutes ago.  At this moment, all I know is the warmth of his body pressed tightly against mine, the intoxicating scent of his cologne  teasing my nose and the drumming of my own pulse as the butterflies return.

Photobucket

"So do you still want to go out?" He asks as he squeezes my hands.

"Yeah.  I'm starving." I mutter as I take a deep breath.

Photobucket

Just as we get ready to head out, my dad approaches us.  Oh dear.  I hope Brad passes the test.  My dad won't let me leave this house unless he feels that he can trust this strange man with his daughter.

"Dad, this is Brad."  I bite my lip, hoping this interaction will be over quickly.

"Hello, sir." He offers his hand to my dad in a nervous voice.

"Nice to meet you, Brad.  So you and Lyn are going out tonight?" He shakes Brad's hand firmly.

Photobucket

"Yes, sir.  We have reservations at the bistro.  Then I will bring her back as soon as I can." Brad assures him.

"Okay. That's my wife's favorite restaurant." My dad still has a poker face, not giving any sign of approval away.

"My parents go there all the time as well, so I thought I'd take Lyn there." He seems more nervous now.

"So Lyn tells me that you're going to be a doctor?"

Photobucket

"Yes, sir.  I'll be eligible for residency after this semester." 

"That's good to hear.  Good luck with your studies, young man." A subtle smile escapes my dad's eyes.

YES!! He likes Brad!  That's the Frank Santori sign of approval, when he smiles.  He may be a man of a few words, but when he speaks, he's sincere.  

"Dad, we have to go."  I remind him since it's almost 8 p.m.

"Okay pumpkin, have a good time.  And Brad?"

"Sir?"

"Take care of my daughter."  He pats him on the shoulder.

"Yes, sir."  He nods before we head towards the door.

Photobucket

"I believe in love
But what else can I do
I'm so in love with you
I know nothing stays the same
But if you're willing to play the game
It's coming around again"

*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
------------------------------------------------------------

"Coming Around Again" by Carly Simon
Video by: CarlySimonVEVO

29 comments:

  1. *hears sirens going off*<.< That shoulda been the sign that he's a douche/cheater!

    *press button*

    Anyways... Her sister is a *****... XD And her mother... ***... Been busy with real life stuff that I hadn't complimented on the last couple chapters...

    XD It's nice we're finding out who this guy is, their relationship and stuff... XD I misses Mr. Nunu... lol So cute.

    CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Lyndsey, Your story keeps getting better with each chapter you do keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like Brad. He's too much of a flirt. He seems to hurt Lyn a lot and I don't like that. Now I'm going to seriously root for David even more. And Lyn's mother is mean. I wanted to slap her.

    I tried to comment on the last chapter after your comment but it wouldn't let me. It was saying that my OpenID credentials couldn't be verified. This is what I said:

    I know how hard you work to put up these chapters. And I appreciate it very much. I understand that it takes a lot to figure out the story, take the pictures, then type out the story, and put the pics up. You write so well on top of that. I haven't read that many sims stories but the way you write it pulls me in and I feel like I'm there watching the story unfold. In other words, you are a very good story teller and your writing is superb. Sorry. I can't explain myself very well tonight. I have a cold and it seems to be affecting my brain. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LadyArora, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm glad that you're still following the story, as I know life happens. I'm cracking up at your "press button" comment by the way. lol Well, may he was just talking to the sister but it was just misinterpreted as flirting? XD

    I agree, her mom has issues, and I'm hoping to get to the bottom of them, and why she treats her like that. At least she's closer to Adam and her dad seems to care about her despite his aloofness. I wanted to show you what her life was like in Bridgeport. Don't worry, I won't stay in the past forever. She will eventually return to the present, and we'll get to see how she deals with Brad.

    I miss Mr. Nunu too, and David!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tom, awww, thank you so much, you are so sweet. I will try to keep the story interesting for you, as there's still a lot more to cover when she returns to the present.

    By the way, Lyndsey is her full name in the story, but mine is still Lyn. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Traci, haha I don't blame you for not liking Brad. He is a flirt, women are drawn to him. But she really likes him though, so I guess the question is...how does he really feel about her? David is a nice guy from what we know of him, but their interaction was brief, so she will need to spend more time with him. I guess only time can tell what will develop from there. Then again, she was with Brad for two years so she's had time to get to know him.

    Wow, thank you so much for reposting your comment, that was very sweet of you. I always love hearing your feedback! It takes me a few hours to upload the pics and write the story for the update, but honestly Traci, it doesn't even feel like work. I'm enjoying sharing this story with you guys so much, and I'm grateful that I have readers like you who have followed the story from the beginning.

    Thank you for the kind words about my writing, it means a lot to me considering all of the talented writers in the forum. What you said was perfect, and it made my day :-) I always try to find ways to improve so that my readers will have a reason to come back. Awww, I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold. I hope you feel better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Lyndsey and Adam's relationship is adorable. Adam kind of reminds me of my little brother (at least when he's being nice haha). I loved too that her favorite perfume was 'Tommygirl' -- nice touch

    But ooh, that Naveah. Well, she has a really pretty name, but that's about the only nice thing I have to say about her! My warning bells are going off about Brad as well. There is such a thing as innocent flirting, but knowing what happened in chapter one, well... watch out, Lyndsey!

    Hope she at least gets to 'sample' Brad in the next chapter wink wink, nudge nudge

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading this chapter, im not really surprised that she ran away from Bridgeport, with her mom and sister and whatever Brad did to her, I would run away too. But I really enjoyed the chapter, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Countthestars, I'm the youngest, so I can imagine that's what it's like to have a litle brother: annoying but adorable when they're nice. lol And I based my screenname on my favorite perfume so I thought I'd throw that in as well.

    I agree, Naveah is just as beautiful as her name but she's a spoiled brat. It doesn't help that Lyndsey's mom patronizes her, and I'm going to get to the bottom of why she treats her daughters differently. I don't think it's fair, and I don't think parents have any idea how their actions affect their children. You're not the only one who saw red flags with the flirting, and the consensus on Brad seems to be mixed. Some like him, some don't.

    Haha yes, she will definitely get to "sample" Brad in the next few updates. In fact, there's a love scene coming up and I'm a little nervous about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kmsim, welcome back! Thank you so much, I'm glad you're still following the story and you enjoyed the chapter. How have you been? YES, that's what I wanted you to see...a glimpse of the environment she was in, and what could have pushed her to leave.

    Reading your comments brings a smile to my face, and it really inspires me to continue with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg he cheated with her sister. errr flirted. same thing. I would have bi*ch slapped his so hard. Then kicked my sis but* .. her dad likes him, her mom's a total turkey. Loved it. trying to be patient lol, for next update.

    I know i am still working mine back to where it was when i had the problem with the town and moved them.. but x's fingers i am looking forward to and hopeing against all odds, i get a new comp by feb.

    as for the flirting, errrrr they would have both regretted that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jerry, I know. I think most people would have bitch slapped him and kicked the sister's butt as well, but she really likes him and she was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, maybe he was just being friendly. XD But I agree, the dad does like him, and he's going to be a doctor...so it will be hard to just drop him.

    I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll get a new comp in a few months as well! And make sure it has a good processor, lot of RAM and a really good graphics card. I know that's what I looked for when I bought my laptop almost a year ago, and it has made a world of difference in my gaming and pics. I'm looking forward to your story!

    I'll have Ch. 15 up on Thursday. Haha Brad would have been scared to date you knowing how you'd react. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't like her mother, but I believe it added to your story and her insecurities. I knew the sister was going to be trouble. :/

    I'm a bit disappointed in her for falling for his lines. Ugh...what a cheeseball. However, I'm excited to watch their relationship develop and find out what exactly he did to hurt her badly enough to leave the city for Apaloosa.

    Great chapter, Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I should be sad for Lyn or angry with her. I mean she caught him flirting with her sister, if that's not a BIG sign of trouble I don't know what is.

    On the other hand, maybe she's one of those people that believes in second chances and Brad is quite charming and he's been her dream, rather her fantasy for so long, so I guess it's natural for her to want things to work out with him.

    Looking forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauren, I think if he was just some average guy she probably would have dropped him after what he did. But the fact that she's insanely attracted to him plus being a future doctor, I think that's what made her give him another chance. But we'll see how his track record goes after this.

    Haha your cheeseball comment cracked me up. XD You will definitely be seeing more of how their relationship progresses, so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Val, I agree flirting with the sister was a red flag. I think I'm more concerned with the fact that her sister liked it. I mean she's still getting to know Brad, so he may just be flirtatious by nature. But it's up to her if she's going to put up with it or not. But her sister didn't even get offended...so I'm going to explore that aspect as well.

    I agree, Brad is the epitome of her "dream man". He encompasses all of the things she has fantasized about in a guy, and she may not be ready to give up on that dream over a flirtation. Also, this is their second date, so they are still in the early stages of courtship. I'd be more concerned if he continued to flirt with other women once things get serious.

    Thanks for reading! Ch. 15 will be ready tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I am all caught up. Your writing in this story is excellent and you are really fleshing out these characters so well. I am happy to feature it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Seaweedy, WOW thank you so much for the kind words and for featuring this story on your blog today!! I am beyond thrilled and honored, it really made my day! XD

    *jumps for joy*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe u left me hanging! :'(
    I love this story so much. Reading this make me want to write a story but i can't right now, i don't have internet on my laptop with my game so it may have to wait. can't wait to read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did start a story
    here is the link to it.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=337651

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi RockinGirl, welcome back! How have you been? I'm so happy to know that you're still following my story. Haha I didn't mean to leave you hanging, I just had to end the update like that because I don't like to make them too long, brain hurts after he 20th pic. lol

    I hope you'll get internet connection soon so you can work on your story. You should definitely do it, I'll read it! I also checked out your link and I liked your story! It was funny and it was really interesting that the dad hit the mom, leaving a bruise on her face. Why did you stop writing?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to pee so bad but I can't freaking move!

    Slowly but surely, I crept up behind him and whispered in my deepest, creepiest voice, 'You're mine, boy.
    ^^LMAO!!! YES! I love her! I'd SO be right there! Man I enjoyed torturing my oldest sisters like that. /sigh memories.

    AND YAY Adam! I love him! He's a great younger brother!
    Naveah <---interesting name. Almost spelled Heaven backwards. That look on her face LOL yeah not heavenly at all! (I like names...I always read them backwards first for some reason...I guess I like words in general. No, I honestly have no idea why I am telling you this or what I hope you've learned from this side conversation.)

    Her parents are mean! There's always an obvious favored child and it's sad when the kids can notice it and it's so apparent in the way the parents treat each one. To snub Lyn and ask "how did you get a doctor?" made me want to jump through the screen and slap Mom (sorry). I just hate that kind of favoritism to the point that what you say to your other kids seems hurtful. It causes painful memories (and yes speaking from experience) and that type of shit is very hard.

    Her dad hmm... To not be involved in your child's life simply because you don't want to see them grow up and to pretend they are still an age you can control them is not going to win you points buddy. Face facts she's a woman now and very capable of making her own decisions. Like it or not there are men out there that will find her attractive and will do the things you can't talk about. Love how he defended her though and his protective nature speaks strongly of his character. That was very sweet. Really hate her Mom though. That attitude and the way she treats Lyn...you want, ask and expects her to help you and talk to her like a dog off the street? Look here lady I have a right hand that enjoys meeting new faces!

    The whirlwind romance TOTALLY explains Lyn's outlook on love though. The fact that her Dad wooed her Mom like that and pursued the forbidden to keep his love speaks volumes. No wonder Lyn can't let go and fell so hard for Brad. The poor baby was blinded and looking for that same type of romance and seemingly found it in Brad. It also explains why the pain of his betrayal hurt her so bad. She thought she had that special someone the one she fantasized about, that Prince Charming that came to rescue her and give her the things she was missing from her family life: warmth and acceptance of who she is. But then he completely betrayed her and blindsided her with his actions.

    SON OF A BITCH! Her sister? In her house? AND THEN YOU TRY AND LIE ABOUT IT? WTF! OMG Lyn! Girlfriend I need to shake you! How did you date him after this?

    HA! I noticed she seems to really love the color red too! I was gonna mention it but the eppy I was about to ask she popped up in a pink shirt. Threw me off.

    P.S. I love how Adam attacked Whorebags. The shot with Brad apologizing Adam is shooting some serious units at Slutfordays. Then later on he has negative feelings about Bitchneedaslap! I knew he was the protective younger brother when she called him first of anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, Daijah, just looking at your comment makes me so humbled. For you to take your time and take this much interest in my story just makes me blush, and it makes me even more inspired to do a good job on the next update.

    Bahahaha I'm glad you enjoyed that sneak-fest on Adam. What did your siblings do when you gave them a semi-heartattack?? Did they threaten to kick your butt?? My older brother would do that all that time and it was sooo annoying!! I agree the only thing heavenly about Naveah is her name. Hmmm...you like to read names backwards?? That's very interesting. I can definitely tell that you love words, and you have a way of expressing them. I already know that you love to write when I saw the size of your comment on my profile, and I was like YEAHHHH more to read!! Then I replied with a freakin novel. lol So yeah we definitely talk too damn much. Haha. I think you're telling me this because you feel comfortable expressing it with me and you know I talk just as much asd you. XD Plus we're both pervs. XD

    YES I'm glad her mom made you want to slap her. I really wanted to portray a nice, normal family for her but it just didn't come out that way. Her family has isues, and it's affected the type of person that she has become. And for you to see that the nature of her parents whirlwind romance influenced her view on love, which made her see Brad has her knight in shining armong rescuing her from her own disappointing life, thats quite perceptive!! I mean wow, you picked up on that right away! And I agree, even though her father should be move involved, at least he defended her and he showed his protectiveness by commanding respect from Brad.

    YES I know, I can't believe they actually flirted with each other. That was autonomous, and as tempted as I was to leave it out of the story, I felt it was more telling of their nature. I think I have already given uo on the "perfect romance" in the story. I mean, it started with her being screwed over and nearly committing suicide. So I already knew that it wasn't going to be peaches and cream.

    Bahahaah whorebags, slutsfordays and bitchneedsaslap??? You are seriously too much!! But I'm not disagreeing one bit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. My fam always tried to get revenge on me when I pranked them. They got me once and learned that only makes me double my efforts and as the baby I was punishment free. HA! IN YO FACE!

    **Puppy eyes** Mommy, Kasaundra hit me :(

    Yes spank her with that leather belt harder while I grab my popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wait, you're the youngest too??? HAH! So you're the master of manipulation and sweet puppy dog eyes like me!! That's so awesome. lol I think I got a way with a lot of stuff when I was little but with the big stuff, I still got my share of butt whoopings. lol

    Hahaha you were such a bad-ass! They probably just wanted to wring your little neck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lyn's mother and sister are already rubbing me the wrong way. Her father was right there with them until she stood up for her and then he approved of Brad. Her sister seems underhanded and like the definition of a backstabber. Something caused Lyn to leave, I hope he didn't break his promise and do more than flirt with her sister.

    I hate those types. The ones that always put down the guy you're will and all that fit your "taste" but as soon as you turn your back they are buddy buddy with them. Man if one of my sisters ever did that...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Qui,

    WOW, I notice that you read and commented on most of these chapters today!! I feel so humbled by your interest in my story, and I'm so relieved that you decided to read past Ch. 2. With all of the amazing stories and talented writers from RWN, it can be very intimidating and I was worried that you guys wouldn't like my story. This is my second. I wrote my first sim story in August, and I still have so much to learn.

    I agree, she definitely has some underlying issues with her family, and I think that affected her greatly growing up. That may have even affected how she sees love, and her desire to be swept off her feet by Prince Charming.

    I know right?? Naveah is the epitome of a spoiled frenemy. And I can only blame her parents because they allowed her to become that way. She has this sense of entitlement, and she's determined to get what she wants. After all, she was never really got the concept of "being held accountable" for her actions.

    How many sisters do you have? What would you do if that happened to you?

    Thanks again for following my story. I will try to catch up on Twisted Melody as soon as I can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not like it? This is great! Like a movie! I certainly can't tell you're fairly new at this!! No need to be intimidated! We're a friendly community that looks at each other with equality and a mission to learn from one another.

    I have 3 sisters. I'm the baby. If either of them did something like that I'd beat them until my hands fall off! Was that violent? I'm sorry! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Qui,

    YAY, I'm so glad you like the story! I'm always nervous when I get new readers, I can never predict their reaction. Especially anyone from RWN, who are experienced and talented writers. Thank you so much, that's very reassuring. Just reading other people's stories gave me so many ideas, and I learned how to be better. I'm so glad I joined RWN!!

    YOu're the baby too?? I have 3 sisters and 4 brothers. My sisters would never do anything like that, but we've had our share of conflict. Hahaha I don't blame you for wanting to beat your sisters' ass if they ever went after your man. That type of violence is warranted. XD

    ReplyDelete