Friday, December 9, 2011

Chapter Fifteen (The Nearness Of You)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl:
Ch. 14 (Coming Around Again)
-I told Adam about my upcoming date with Brad.
-He blabbed to my parents during breakfast, which made me kick him in the ankle.
-My mom questioned my desirability as "a doctor's wife".
-I saw Brad and Naveah flirting with each other, which pissed me off.
-He apologized by giving me a dozen red roses.
-I was ecstatic to know that my dad likes Brad.

*This update contains mild sexual content and strong language*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Location: Little Corsican Bistro
Date: Saturday, 7/2/2009
Time: 8:01 p.m.


The slight chill in the night air brushes against my skin as I follow Brad towards the entrance of the restaurant.  A neverending splash of water coming from the fountain help calm my once tense demeanor in the car, although I tried to hide it from him.  My eyes are drawn to the soft, buttery glow of candles among the tables, yet my ears can hear the gentle rustle of the leaves on the trees.  The languid sound of French music softly plays in the background, creating the perfect ambience for romance this evening.  As we pass the tables, I smile at the clatter of forks tapping on ceramic plates, the hum of muted conversations accompanied by laughter as well as the ebb and flow of people entering and leaving the bistro.  My stomach, however, is being seduced by the smell of butter, garlic and spices floating through the air, making me even more hungry.  Whatever it is they are making, it sure smells good.

Photobucket

This place is just incredible.  I've been here a few times with my family and friends, but I never really noticed how spectacular the views are until now.  On one side, I can see the garden and fountain, as well as skyscrapers that light up the city at night.  I can hear cars passing by, letting me know that Bridgeport is alive this weekend.  It makes me wonder what people are up to, and where they're going.

Photobucket

On the other side, a backdrop of water, mountains, a waterfall  and glittering stars paint a panoramic view of what lies before the bridge, where the quiet suburbs lie.  The place where I grew up.  From my house, I've always been able to catch a view of the city but I never knew what it looked like from the other side.  Ever since I was eight years old, I would gaze into the night sky, feeling so alone.  I would wonder if there was someone out there thinking of me at that very same moment.  They say that fairy tales are nothing but unrealistic expectations of love that will never happen in real life, but my heart somehow managed to persist that he was still out there.  The one.  The man who's soul I will instantly recognize as soon as our eyes meet.

I have waited all of my life for that moment, when and if it ever comes.  Just when I gave up on the idea of meeting my soulmate, Brad comes along to haunt my dreams at night.  Just when I decided to focus on school and forget about men, I run into him at the library, making me forget what I was there for.  And just when I thought he was the one, I catch him flirting with my sister.  Somebody forgot to tell me that part.

Photobucket

So can someone please tell me why, oh why, I melt like a puddle of goo when I look into his pale blue eyes? Or the way his voice makes me ache?  Or the way his scent sends my body in a frenzy?  There's something about him that I can't put my finger on, but it has an irrational hold on me.  When I'm with him, I feel like I'm home, like a place I've always dreamed of but never knew existed.  I just want to stay there forever, wrapped in his cocoon, getting lost in his arms.  At the same time, remnants of my jealousy from what I saw earlier still lurk from within, casting small seeds of doubt about where this is all heading.  Most women would have already dropped him for what he did, but I can't for the life of me understand why I still want to give him another chance.

"It's not the pale moon that excites me
That thrills and delights me
Oh no, it's just he nearness of you"

Photobucket

"Are you okay?" His voice interrupts my train of thought.

"Yeah, I'm fine.  Why?"  I stare at the vegetables on his plate, trying to avoid his gaze.


"You've been kind of quiet tonight."  He sets his fork down before searching my eyes.
 

"It's been a long day."

"I really am sorry, Lyn.  I didn't mean to ruin your night."

"I don't know, just seeing you talking to my sister..."  A part of me wants to tell him how I feel, but a part of me is afraid that it might be too soon.  At the same time, I don't want to pretend nothing happened.  What they did really hurt me, and he needs to know that.

"What? Tell me."

"It made me wonder if you're interested in her."  It sounds even worse out loud than in my head.  Saying it just makes the possibility even more real, and it just kills me inside.

"What?? Why would you think that?"  He looks surprised, but my heart still refuses to believe him.

"Brad, just admit that you were flirting, okay? You could have saved me the drama by telling me you like her.  Then we won't need to waste each other's time."

"Do you want to hear the truth?"

Photobucket


"No, Brad, I want you to lie. What the fuck do you think??" I roll my eyes, feeling my anger returning as I watch my dream of happily ever after slowly slipping away in front of me.

"When your brother Adam left, she started hitting on me. I actually thought she was your friend because I never met anyone that badmouthed their sister like that. So I tried to see how far she'd take it, and that's when you came in."


"Are you telling the truth?" I look at him suspiciously, desperately wanting to believe his words.

"Yes. I didn't want to say anything but this is obviously affecting you."

"So you're not interested in her? She's the pretty one."

"I don't know who told you that but you're way hotter than her. Besides, I have a thing for feisty girls with class and brains and a healthy appetite.  Do you know anybody that fits that description?" He grins, raising his eyebrows.

"Why don't you ask my sister?" I give him the evil eye but a smile escapes my lips.

"Ouch. Okay, I deserved that one." He looks down at his half-eaten plate of steak.


Photobucket

"Are we okay now or do we still need to talk?" He asks after we finish our dinner.

"I'm still mad at you." My words have every intention of making him suffer, but my eyes are weak.

"Then I'll have to make it up to you." His eyes scan my body before they rest at my lips, making me lose my breath. Oh dear, the butterflies are back.

"You better." I bite my lower lip, trying to imagine what his mouth tastes like.

"What do you wanna do now?"

"It's still early." I don't want to go home yet!

"There's this new club called In Somniac that just opened up downtown. You wanna go?"

"Yeah, let's go. I can use a drink."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Location: Insomniac

Time: 9:47 p.m.

The sound of hip hop music vibrates through the wall speakers as my eyes adjust to the neon lights inside.  It's dark in here like the bistro, but it's a different kind of ambience.  There's a sultry energy in the air, where people can just relax and unwind.  This place is definitely booming with people, particularly single people.  This is quite a change from the mellow, cozy bistro.  Now I want to get buzzed and get my groove on!

"What kind of drink do you want?" He half-screams, trying to nagivate through the noise.

"Anything fruity and sweet."

"Okay, let me see what I can come up with."

Photobucket

"Mmmm...what is this? This is good!" I savor the sweetness of the drink as the alcohol dissipates in my throat, making me feel all tingly inside.

"It's the Spline Reticulator. It's very popular."

"Oooh, it has a kick to it!" I gasp, feeling like bubbles are escaping through my skin.

"Haha. You might want to slow down." He chuckles as he takes a sip of his.

Photobucket

"I'm gonna go dance!" I mumble as I watch the people on the dance floor, still carrying my drink, which is almost empty. I didn't listen to him. I chugged it within minutes.

"I better stay close to you." He places his hand on the small of my back, sending an electric sensation that travels up my spine. I don't know if its the drink, the dark club or the energy coming from the music, but I am even more sensitve to his presence.

Photobucket

By the time we reach the dance floor, it's empty. It's just the two of us now. Watching him move his body sends my mind racing at how close we are to each other. I can smell the fresh, soothing scent of his cologne as my hand accidentally grazes the fabric of his shirt. I want so badly to put my arms around him and stick my tongue down his throat as I gyrate against his body, until he absolutely must have me right there and then. I close my eyes as I tell myself to calm down and act like a lady. The euphoric effect of the alcohol is making it really hard to maintain any type of common sense.

Photobucket

"I should take you home." His gruff voice interrupts my naughty thoughts. His eyes are serious and conflicted, burning with fierce desire.

"Already?" I protest, not ready to let go of my high yet.

"I promised your dad I would bring you back right away."

"Brad, I'm an adult. It's not like I have a curfew."

"I know, but...I'm really trying to be a gentleman, Lyn." He lets out a deep breath.

Ughhh...he's right. I'm not the only one with racy thoughts tonight, and with liquor involved, I don't want to do anything stupid. And he's actually trying to be a gentleman, which makes it even worse. I want him even MORE.

"I guess you're right. We should go." I pout, slowly regaining my consciousness as we head out the door.

Photobucket

A week later, he kidnaps me again from my studies.


"Where are you taking me??" I ask impatiently.

"It's a surprise." He grins, loving the tortured look on my face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Location: Smuggler's Cove
Date: Friday, 7/8/2009
Time: 3:47 p.m.



"Oh my gosh!!" I shriek when I find a blanket and picnic basket next to the water.  I've always dreamed of a picnic by the beach but I never found anyone special enough to do that with.  So my romantic fantasies remained in my head, waiting to be unleashed by that special someone who understands my convoluted desire to be swept off my feet.  And here he is, beating me to the punch.  He is definitely earning brownie points for his fuck-up last weekend.

"You like it?" He asks nervously.

"I love it, Brad! This was so sweet of you!!" I squeeze him tight, catching him by surprise.

Photobucket

"Wow, this place is amazing. Look at the view!!"

"You've never been here?"

"No. My family's idea of fun is going out to eat or eating at home. It always involves food but hardly anything outside."

"My dad would take me and my brother fishing when we were younger. He always finds these new places."

"Oh, you have a brother?"

"Yeah, he's three years younger than me."

"What's his name?"

"Johnny, but we call him J.C."

Photobucket

"Are you guys close?" I ask as I take a bite of my burger.

"Yeah, you can say that. But my parents baby him too much."

"I know what you mean. My parents babied my sister a lot too and she has this sense of entitlement."

"Did your parents expect you to help them out all the time?"

"Oh my gawd, yeah. Seriously, sometimes I felt like I was the one taking care of my sibling."

"Me too." He holds his gaze just a little longer and smiles before he finishes his hotdog.

Photobucket

"If I ever have kids, I would never put them through that. I would never favor one child over another, no matter how annoying they can be."  I divulge, feeling even more comfortable with sharing my deepest thoughts as I pour him some mango nectar.

"Thanks. If you ever have kids? I thought all women want kids."

"Well, I can't assume. I need to be in love and married first before I even think about having them. With the divorce rate and the number of bad parents these days, the world doesn't need another messed up person."

"Wow..."

"What?"

"I never met anyone who thought about it like that. It's just assumed that you grow up, get married and have kids. You don't analyze it. You just do it."

"And that's the problem. People just doing things without thinking. I'm sorry but marriage and parenting are too big of a responsibility to take lightly."

Photobucket

"Marriage just seems so...forever."

"That's because it is. You're supposed to spend the rest of your life with the same person."

"I don't know...what if you get bored?"

"Then maybe marriage isn't for you."

Photobucket

"But how do you know that's the right person?"

"I think you just do, if you don't let your fears get in the way. I mean, how do you know you're ready to have kids? You just know."

Photobucket

"What if you regret having kids? What if you want your old life back?"

"Well, I hope that's something you realize while the kid is young enough to give up for adoption. Otherwise, you're screwed. You can give dogs back, but not kids."

"Haha. That's true. How did you become so level-headed about this stuff? Are you sure you're not a dude?"

"Wait, let me check...nope, still a girl. I don't know...I just see so many people get married and have kids for the wrong reasons, and they're miserable.  I don't want to end up like that."

"Me neither."

We both sit in silence, trying to grasp the depth of what we just shared with each other. A part of me is disappointed that he's apprehensive about marriage and having a family, but at the same time, at least he's being honest about it. I don't know if he'll change his mind later on, but right now it's not a big enough of a deal-breaker to stop seeing him.

"It isn't your sweet conversation
That brings t
his sensation
Oh no, tt's just the nearness of you"

Photobucket

"Do you want to go sit over there?  It gives you a really nice view of the city."

"Sure." My breath gets caught in my throat as I anticipate what's going to happen. Are we going to just talk with a safe space between us or will this be the moment when we give in to our curiousities?

Photobucket

I try to focus on the shimmering water and the bright skyscrapers towering over the bridge, but his nearness makes me even more nervous.  He's only inches away from me, and I can already feel the heat of his body next to mine.  In an attempt to stay calm, I focus on the tapping of my foot.

"Are you cold?" He asks, putting his arm around me and pulling me close.

"I'm okay." I close my eyes, relishing the feel of his warm body next to mine. I slowly melt into his arms, feeling like butter oozing into the ground under the hot sun.  I rest my face against his chest, inhaling his masculine scent, breathing a sigh of relief, knowing how long I've had to wait since the last time I did this.  I can fall asleep here, just like this, as long as he's next to me.  His hand moves up and down my arm now, sliding against my skin before squeezing it lightly.  His breathing becomes ragged with each stroke as I feel his body becoming more tense.

Photobucket

Just as I lift my head up, he turns his body towards me as he leans closer, pulling my waist tightly against him.  That brief moment just before our faces touch sends shivers down my spine, his warm breath radiating heat to every bone in my body.  Time seems to be at a standstill as my trembling lips finally touch his, shooting sparks of electricity all the way down to my very core.  Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! My body awakens, my soul comes alive, my mind races with a million thoughts, my heart beats a million times and blood rushes to my face. I gasp, still feeling the warmth of his breath on my face as our eyes briefly find each other.  He felt it too.

I close my eyes again as his luscious mouth covers my lower lip, then moves to my upper lip.  His tongue traces the shape of my mouth, waiting for me to invite him in.  I can still taste a hint of the mango nectar from his lips, making me even more hungry for his mouth.  This is what a drug addict must have felt like when they took their first hit because the chemicals in my body are in a frenzy, and I can't get enough of him.

Photobucket

Between hasty breaths, I open my mouth even more, letting his tongue graze mine before they dance together in slippery, warm, wet ecstasy.  His tongue moves smoothly, knowingly, as it explores my mouth, digging even deeper, making me squeeze my inner thighs together at the intense craving he's causing to my most inner parts.  Unable to contain myself any longer, I let out a deep, desperate moan as I grab his face and devour his mouth.  While my tongue teases his, my hand moves up and down his thigh, slowly creeping closer until I feel a surprise in his pants.

"Oh.." I gasp, embarrassed yet fascinated at the same time. But instead of moving my hand away, I let it rest there, letting it move back and forth slowly.

"Oh my God, Lyn..." Mouth slightly open, his pale blue eyes are heavy with desire as I watch him squirm in pleasure under my hand's control.

Photobucket

"Holy shit..." He growls, impatiently sucking on my lower lip before his hungry mouth travels down my neck, making my teeth chatter in surprise.  The feel of his warm tongue on my sensitive skin drives me even more crazy, making me run my fingers through his raven hair. I pull him down with me on the bench as I run my hands up and down his back, loving how his weight feels on my body, pulling his hardness even closer between my legs, hating the fact that our clothes are in the way.

"W-wait..." Somehow, I still have a small fraction of common sense left, and it has enough strength to speak up.

"What's wrong?" He lifts his head, breathing still ragged.

"We can't do this here." I make an attempt to reason in the heat of the moment, stroking his handsome face.

"We can go back to my place." He offers as he lightly kisses my neck, making me delirious.

"Okay..." My mind is telling me to slow down, but my body is in charge right now. I'm a slave to its feverish demands, and all I can do is take his hand as we walk back to his car.

Photobucket

"I need no soft lights to enchant me
If you'll only grant me the right
To hold you ever so tight
And to feel in the night 
The nearness of you"


*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
----------------------------------------------

"The Nearness Of You" Cover by Norah Jones

Originally written by Ned Washington and Hoagy Carmichael
Video by: gianpaco23


31 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn, I can call you Lyn, right? Just saying "hi". Wanted to say I've read your latest updates so keep up the good work can't wait for the next one. I don't have an opinion yet I'm just waiting to see more of your past unfold. So I'm not shaking or slapping anyone for now. :) Laterz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boltz, good to see you again! Yes, you can call me Lyn. Would you mind if I ask what your first name is? Now I'm curious. XD Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. :-) Thank you so much for the encouragement, it really means a lot to me that you're enjoying the story.

    I will definitely try to keep it up, and make every update worth your while. Haha, maybe it's good for you to hold off on shaking or slapping me until you know more. Gah, it feels weird sometimes to talk about myself. Aaak why did I have to use my simself as the main characeter? *hits head on wall*

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Whew! Hold on while I slow my breathing down. LOL! Woooowww. I really got into that chapter. And I have a feeling the next chapter is going to be even more steamy. Lyn should've moved on before she got too involved with Brad. I have a feeling he's just going to keep on hurting her before she finally ups and leaves for Apaloosa Plains. Brad is too much of a flirt and Lyn is such a nice sim. I hope that when she comes to she'll tell him to go away and stay away. She's made a good life for herself and she doesn't need anymore drama from Brad to disrupt that good life. He makes my blood boil. I just want to slap him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my. Give me a minute to collect myself after that steamy ending. If that's the preview of things to come, I cannot wait 'til Ch. 16 :D :D :D Okay, on to the rest of the comment...

    "I know, but...I'm really trying to be a gentleman, Lyn."

    Oh, Bradley! You really are irresistible, aren't you? I don't blame Lyndsey one bit for falling for him, even if that excuse about flirting with her sister seems a bit flimsy. Guy knows just how to charm the pants of a lady (literally)!

    Also, I loved your description of the restaurant. It was so vivid, I could picture/hear/smell it perfectly! Of course, the pictures were gorgeous as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your update, by the way, you did a great job. Im just finishing taking a fiction writing class this semester, so I have stories on the brain. I read a lot of romance novels, so your update didn't bother me at all. I think that you handled it all really well, you managed to make it romantic but not raunchy, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Traci, your comment cracked me up!! I loved it! XD I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one got worked up during this update, as it was definitely a steamy one to write ;-) Ch. 16 is going to be the first love scene in the story, so I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Aaaak! lol

    I know what you mean...if she had known what was going to happen in the end, she could have avoided getting involved with him. But how could she have known that? I agree, she's a nice girl but I think her tolerance stems from her feelings for him. She's crazy about this guy, and she may be blinded by his charm. But I appreciate your concern for her though, it's very touching and it makes me smile that you care about her as a character. :-)

    I hope she'll make the right decision in the end when it comes to Brad, but that remains to be seen until she returns to the present and faces him again. Haha he makes you want to slap him?? lol I don't blame you, he's got a long way to earn her trust again.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Countthestars, you and Traci crack me up!! You both said "Oh,my" after reading the update. lol If you had to collect yourself after reading the scene, imagine how I get when I write it. I experience everything they experience, so I've had to take quick breaks just to gain enough composure to continue writing. XD If Ch. 15 was the appetizer, Ch. 16 is going to be the full course meal. I'll do my best to deliver a steamy, non-raunchy love scene. It's going to be the first one in the story. ;-)

    Haha I know what you mean about the flimsy excuse. It's like I really wanted to redeem him but I also didn't want to let him off that easily. He definitely has a lot to learn when it comes to gaining readers' trust again, as well as Lyndsey's trust. But GAWD he is charming, I agree. He seems to be taking a life on his own. I would have already raped him after the Spline Reticulator. lol

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and description of the bistro. That means a lot coming from you.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristine, thank you so much for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed the update!! I always get nervous after posting an update with a steamy scene as I can never predict how readers are going to react. Sometimes I wonder, did they like it? Did they get weirded out? So it really helps when I get positive feedback. And the fact that you're an English/History major and you're taking a writing class means even more to me since you are studying the craft. Feel free to give me any suggestions since I'm always open to improving my writing.

    I love romance novels too, and I'm practically clawing at the pages to get to the love scenes. lol That's the best part. My goal is to keep the romance in the love scenes while still maintaining the connection between the characters. Raunchy doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing but it definitely has its place, and it needs to be done right in order to work. Otherwise, it would just seem awkward. And that not what I want. lol

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow. Talk about hot. Shes loosing controll, and i can see why. Actually know a guy like that, errr knew a guy like that. He could charm not only the pants off you, but convince you that his flirting was not him but another. This guy brad, he seems just like him, the one i knew. Glad you let me know it was out, with all thats happening in my life, i have a forgetful mind lately.
    Still can't wait till she wakes up, to see how she's affected by him being there, maybe her friends can be there to help stem some of the steam i am sure will be there. or wait, if shes reliving her past maybe the steam will be gone, and the taste of sour still there. lol who knows, but this is very good, and very interesting. *have to sign, since it only gives me anonymous) sirona here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Lyn Chapter 15 was awesome. you actually making out with brad thats so cool. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Jerry, I'm glad you enjoyed the steamy scene. There will be more of that in Ch. 16. XD I agree she's losing control. I wanted them to wait a little longer before they give in to their desires but that make-out session just made them want to tear each other's clothes off. She's been having naughty thoughts about him since the day they met, and it doesn't help that he literally ravishes her with his eyes. Aaak...these two are going to set the sheets on fire and I can only hope that I can keep up. XD lol

    Wow, that's crazy that Brad reminds you so much of your late husband. The more I write about him, the more he seems to be showing his personality. I think it's cool though as I have a connection with this character, maybe he's trying to tell me something. So I take it Terry was used to getting what he wants as well? Especially when it came to women?

    I love the questions you pose, they are giving a lot of ideas for the story when she wakes up. The good thing is that I already have you as a friend in the story, so you'll be right across the street if she needs someone to talk to. And it will definitely help that they both dated the same kind of guy, you will be able to relate to what she's going through.

    Thanks again for the kind words, I'm always happy that you take the time to follow the story and leave a comment. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tom, I'm so glad you enjoyed Ch. 15, as it got steamy at the end. Ch. 16 will be even more steamy. lol Haha you're funny. I got to make out with Brad, just the way you said it cracked me up. This is so weird talking about myself in the story, I wish I used a different main character. XD

    So how's your game going so far? I haven't played AP in a while, I miss it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, the ending was incredible. I can't wait to see how the rest of their night unfolds. It should be very hot and interesting!

    As for Bradley, I don't blame Lyn for falling so hard for him, he is charming and with each date I can just feel him steal more and more pieces of Lyn's heart.

    Their date at the restaurant was stunning, but I loved their time at the beach more, what a telling conversation they had about commitment and kids, Lyn should have read between the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Val, thanks for still following the story and leaving a comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the ending, it was definitely a long time coming. lol You will see where this will lead in Ch. 16, and I will try to make it as hot and interesting as I can. XD

    I agree, she is really falling with him. She's normally guarded and cautious when it comes to men. She's the type of girl that will make a guy wait at least a month before he gets any but with Brad, good lord, her self-control is very weak. He is definitely stealing her heart, wait more like breaking and entering.

    I agree, Lyn should have read between the lines when they talked about marriage and kids, but I think her head is too foggy to even think straight sometimes. She's normally rational but she doesn't want to give up on Brad yet, who fits her criteria of the dream man.

    ReplyDelete
  15. **** that was hot! I'm loving it and can't wait for more. I'm always slightly disappointed when it gets to the end of your updates because I want to read more! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Ayemee, your comment cracked me up. It will get even steamier in Ch. 16, which will be ready tomorrow. Awww, I wish I can make my updates longer but my brain is fried by the 20th pic. lol That's why I try to post 2 each week that way I can make them shorter and you guys don't have to wait that look inbetween. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why do u have to do this to me!
    i was so in the zone then then its over!
    AHHHHH!
    cant wait to read the next update!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think i may start writing my story again. i may be able to get a chapter out this weekend.
    but i wont get another chapter till a week or two after christmas, im having surgery so i will be on medicine and probably wont feel like doing anything

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL RockinGirl, I didn't mean to leave you hanging but I wanted to leave some room for Ch. 16, which is very, very steamy (okay, graphic). Just a heads up in case these type of love scenes make you uncomfortable. I would have preferred to play it safe but it just wouldn't be true to Lyndsey and Brad's chemistry.

    Yes, you should definitely pick up your story again. I really enjoyed it and I wanted to read more. I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery!! I don't blame you for not wanting to do anything, especially with the meds. Make sure you get enough rest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lyn,

    Well it WAS a long time coming. I think your description made me blush even in the privacy of my own home.

    She is infatuated, poor girl, and even as all of the red flags are being thrown, she only sees a cute boy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sigh of relief -- Much better. I tell ya I know how Naveah felt last chapter :D

    K...off we go:

    FIEVEL!!:
    I would wonder if there was someone out there thinking of me at that very same moment.
    ^^Raise your hand if the soundtrack to "An American Tail" was playing in your head /raises hand!

    "Well, I hope that's something you realize while the kid is young enough to give up for adoption. Otherwise, you're screwed. You can give dogs back, but not kids."
    ^^Umm...wow...though I agree with that sentiment. Something else she and I have in common. Yes...her. It sucks how many bad parents there are. Those people that let their kids literally get away with murder because "the law says you can't beat your kids". FUCK THAT! You better hit Billy when he needs it. Otherwise he'll be the one putting YOU on punishment before growing up and chaining women down in his death chamber basement for "fun".

    The banter between these two is so real and just pulls you in. I love how comfortable they feel with one another after such a short time. I can see why she fell undeniably in love with assnugget. He is really a smooth talker. I've enjoyed his game, his jealousy and even the real "truth" (and I quote that word because I'm not 100%) about what happened with her sister. He really does seem to love her but I can't help but wonder if that was the case why the hell he cheated on her.

    HOLY BLUE HEAVENS! That was an amazing first kiss! WOW...

    He is still saying and doing all of the right things. Her romanticized view of him is blinding him to some things that are obvious and when she looks back she will kick herself for not noticing them which would undoubtedly make her feel even more foolish. He is a player and just as smooth as they come :( Poor Lyn.

    P.S. We're still in her head aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Daijah, FEIVEL?? Really?? Geez, I haven't thought of him since the 90's! Wait...he's from the 90's right? Aaak I can't even remember now. But now you have me intruiged with "An American Tail". Awwww, that sounds like a cute song.

    I sooo agree, kids need to be disciplined when they are young and parents need to start acting more like PARENTS. Seriously, it's like bad kids and bad parents are everywhere!! Screaming at the grocery stores, running around unsupervised, and the parents act like they're deaf. And that's not it, when they come to my classroom, they bring all of that with them so I have to step up and discipline them so they understand what "boundaries" and "consequences" is. Kids are smart, and they know who they can manipulate and who won't tolerate their shit. And when they see that you don't play around, they straighten up right away. A good spanking can prevent another serial killer or rapist.

    Haha I'm glad you enjoyed the banter between them. I try to make it as realistic and true to their characters as possible, so I'm glad it's coming through. And I'm glad you enjoyed their fist kiss! I wanted it to be as amazing as possible, since I think the first anything are very important. But I agree, she seems to be seeing through rose-colored glasses at the moment. But then again, this is the stage where she is fallin in love, even when we're in her head.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, Lauren, I didn't mean to make you blush in your own home. NO, wait, I'm lying. I had every intention of making you blush. lol XD

    I agree, she's too infatuated to see the signs. And it's no wonder that it came back to bite her in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1987! You weren't even close! :)

    I've taken the liberty:

    Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
    Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight

    Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
    That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there

    And even though I know how very far apart we are
    It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

    And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
    It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

    Somewhere out there if love can see us through
    Then we'll be together somewhere out there
    Out where dreams come true

    And even though I know how very far apart we are
    It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

    And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
    It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

    Somewhere out there if love can see us through
    Then we'll be together somewhere out there
    Out where dreams come true

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww, Daijah, thanks for the lyrics!! I've actually heard of this song before but never knew the lyrics. It's so fitting, no wonder it popped in your head when you read this chapter!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sombody is about to have an interesting night!
    and Idk about the whole sister thing..its something fishy about that..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, it's going to be interesting alright!! XD And you're not the only one that thinks his explanation sounds fishy. In fact, a lot of readers want to slap Brad and kick him in the nuts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. First, it bothers me, his thoughts on marriage and kids but it's not something that men haven't said before. A lot of them are afraid of what comes along with being the head of their own families. His mind could change so I won't hate him just yet.

    Don't know if I believe him about her sister. If it is what Lyn thinks, Brad and I are going to fight and I'm not talking fair fighting!

    That kiss was hot and intense! Despite everything, I would have ran to his car then made him speed to his place!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Qui,

    YAY, I noticed that you came back and finished Ch. 15!! I don't blame you for not liking his attitude about marriage and kids, but like you said, it's something that can change. And I think that's why it wasn't a deal-breaker for her just yet because it's still early, and like you said, it can change. But at least he was honest with her.

    LOL you're sounding more and more like Daijah. She wants to slap him and kick him in the nuts. XD I think her feelings for him are clouding her judgement, as well as the red flags that everyone sees. She's not ready to give up on her Prince Charming just yet, so even if she's not sure about his explanation, she choose to trust him anyway.

    Hahaha one thing for sure with Brad, he can kiss. And wait til you see him in the sack. Daija and I agree that we would have already raped him at the gym. XD

    ReplyDelete
  30. Crazy thing is, I know she gets hurt but I can't help but like him! Maybe it's because I don't really know what he did yet but man if he isn't after my heart!

    One thing that will automatically melt you is a man that wants the family package! Hearing he doesn't is a little off putting but there is well she has hope.

    Oh yeah!! In the gym while he was shirtless!! *Drools*

    ReplyDelete
  31. Qui,

    Oh noooo!! He got to you too?? First Daijah, no you! XD I don't blame you though. Brad is a great guy despite his flirty nature. And don't forget this story is from her point of view, so we're only getting her side so far. I'm curious to see if you will still have the same stance when you know the whole story.

    I agree, men that want a family are gems, but they can also tell you what you want to hear, just to get what they want. So even though Brad's view on marriage and kids isn't popular, at least he's being honest. He could have easily lied.

    Haha we're so bad. :-)

    ReplyDelete