Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Two (All The Things)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 21 (A House Is Not A Home)
-I somehow managed to become medical resident in less than two years.
-Brad finally became a general practitioner.
-However, our success put a strain on our relationship and we hardly saw each other.
-Brad stood me up at the park but Luke was there to keep me company.
-Even though I avoided him him during the last two years, I was still attracted to him.
-When I got home, Brad and I got into a fight.
-I candidly told him that he was "pushing me towards Luke".
-He possessively ravaged me on the kitchen floor.
-Six weeks later, I found out I was pregnant.

*Strong language*

Photobucket

Location: 99 Embarcadero Drive
Date: Wednesday, 10/19/11
Time: 3:11 p.m.

After coming back from the doctor's office, I find out that I am officially 10 weeks (two and a half months) pregnant.  I think I've been in denial since seeing the two purple lines in the bathroom seven weeks ago.  It was a bittersweet moment: I was happy to find out that I was having Brad's baby, but at the same time the timing could not have been more off.  I did not want to be like those women that had a baby just to save their relationship but I feel as if I've found a glimmer of hope in our situation.  Maybe this baby will bring us closer, and it will make us change our priorities.  The only thing is...I don't know how he's going to react when I tell him.  I wanted to wait until I was really sure that I wanted to keep the baby, until I was 100% sure that I'm pregnant.  But knowing how committed he's been to his career lately, I'm not even sure if he's going to be excited about this.  If he doesn't even have time to meet me at the park, how will he have time to raise this child?

Nothing has really changed since our last fight.  I thought that passionate night we had in the kitchen would bring us closer, but it didn't.  After standing me up at the Little Corsican Bistro and the movie theater, I had enough.  I stopped trying to make plans to spend quality time with him.  I stopped waiting up for him at night.  I stopped trying to call him at work and his cell phone.  I stopped trying period.  What's the purpose of being in a relationship if you're lonely, and you can't even count on that person anymore?  

I found myself doing something I never thought I would do.  

"Hey..."

"Hey, Lyn! It's good to hear from you."

"You too.  I umm..." I take a deep breath, trying desperately to hide the shakiness in my voice.

"Lyn...are you okay?"

"I...I'm...I'm fine..." Tears run down my face.  No!! Don't cry!

"Where are you at?"

"At home."

"I'll be right there." 

Photobucket

Before I get a chance to change out of my bikini, I hear the doorbell.  He's here.  With my heart pounding, I take a deep breath.  What am I doing?  If Brad finds out, he's going to flip out.  But you know what? He's never here.  And it seems like the only time he shows any type of concern is if I mention Luke.  He takes me for granted, but he can't stand the thought of another man paying attention to me.  Well, fuck him.  

Wiping my face until it's completely dry of my tears, I open the door.  The sight of Luke standing there in his uniform just about makes my jaw drop.  But somehow I find the strength to keep it attached to my face.  His pale green eyes penetrate through mine as if he's getting inside my head...and he knows something.  Those eyes.  God, those eyes.  They make my heart stop.  Why, oh why do you have to be so damn hot??

"Damn...I mean uhh...hey Lyn." He smiles as his eyes briefly scan my body.  Why am I always in a bikini when he's at the door??

"Hi, Luke.  Come in." Hearing the door close makes the moment even more real.

Photobucket

"Were you saving lives on the way here?" I try to calm my nerves as he sits next to me.  We're alone.  He's hot.  He's forbidden.  How could I allow this to happen?

"Haha.  Nah, I just like to wear this around the house." He turns to me and grins sarcastically.

"Show off." I shake my head, chuckling.

"There you go, always undermining me." He runs his hand over his facial hair, creating a scraping sound. That simple move takes my breath away. I start to wonder what it would feel like if it's my hand. Would it feel rough? Or would it feel surpringly soft?

Photobucket

"Is everything okay?" He asks when I fail to come up with a snappy comeback.

"Yeah..." I avoid his eyes, hoping that I'll be able to keep my emotions under control this time.

"Lyn, look at me."

"I don't know what else to do." I finally find the courage to meet his gaze, which is heavy with concern.

"About what?"

"About Brad. He just doesn't seem to care anymore."

"How is that possible? He's crazy about you!"

"I wish he would act like it." As soon as the words escape my lips, the tears escape my eyes. This is the first time I have ever said this out loud, for fear of it coming true. But the reality of it has not hit me until now.

Photobucket

"Come here." He whispers as he puts his arm around me, sending shivers down my spine. Oh dear, what are we doing?? The woodsy, spicy scent of his cologne caress my nose, making my pulse race. I can feel how hard his chest is on my back. I can even feel the heat radiating from his body. This is wrong. I should not be feeling like this! But God, I miss this. I miss feeling like this. I miss the way a man makes me feel so giddy inside.

Photobucket

"He's a moron." He murmurs as he pulls me even closer, slowly running his hand up and down my arm.

"Who is?" I swallow as I try to control my breathing.

"Brad. He doesn't even know what he has." He shakes his head, eyes filled with frustration.

Photobucket

"If only you were---" His eyes burn heavily into mine. For the first time, he allows me to see the passion raging within him, the passion of a man who desires something he would do anything in the world to have.

"Luke...no.." I interrupt him, trying to be rational as his hot breath brushes my face, making my heart skip a beat. He's Brad's best friend. He shouldn't be here. He shouldn't be saying such things. He should not be a breath away from kissing my lips.

"You would never need to go to another man because I would never let that happen. I'd be busy loving you, taking care of you and making sure you're happy." The honesty in his eyes is too much for me to handle, and I look away. My heart breaks at the irony of this situation. Here's a man that is dying to have the chance to love this woman, but she belongs to his best friend, who doesn't even appreciate her. But they can't be together because it's wrong. Talk about fucked up timing.

"Luke...Brad is your best friend." My mind finally manages to think out loud.

"I'm sorry. I just can't help what I feel..." He closes his eyes as if he's wishing my scent didn't drive him crazy.

"Tell me what kind of man 
Would treat his woman so cold
Treat you like you're nothing 

When you're worth more than gold
Girl to me you're like a diamond

I love the way you shine
A hundred million dollar treasure
I'd give the world to make you mine"


Photobucket

"I've been dying to taste your lips..." He whispers through his ragged breath as he leans closer.

"Luke..." I try to break away from his hypnotizing gaze, but I find myself leaning closer instead. My heart and body are betraying my attempt at common sense right now, at any type of principle. The butterflies circling in the pit of my stomach are too intoxicating to shoo away, and I am thrilled to feel them again. I miss this. God, I miss this.

"Tell me to leave...if I'm wrong, tell me to leave." His voice sounds deep and velvety, like dark chocolate.

"I..." Words fail me. I feel sparks of electricity radiating from his moist, tender lips the moment it lightly grazes mine. I gasp, pulling back slightly as I search his eyes, which are drenched in emotion and desire. I didn't think it was possible for another man to make me feel like this, but...it's happening. My overwhelming urge to taste him again overpowers my ability to resist. I grab his face as I devour his mouth, feeling his arms roam up and down my back as our wet, hungry tongues find each other in a dizzying dance. Oh my God. The deeper his tongue probes inside my mouth, the more I feel it calling my moist parts, making me whimper helplessly.

"Lyn..." He groans as he pulls my bare thigh over his leg, caressing it ever so gently.


"Yeah..." I try to catch my breath, watching his hand skillfully leave a trail of tingles on my skin.

"I'd put a string of pearls
Right in your hand
Make love on a beach

Of jet black sand
Outside in the rain 

We can do it all night
I'll touch all the places

He would not
And some he never knew

Would get you hot
Nothing is forbidden

When we touch"

Photobucket

"We can't do this..." His hand squeezes my hip as he rests his forehead on my nose.  I can still smell my breath on his lips.

"What's wrong?" I gently lift his face up to search his eyes.

"You're with Brad.  He's like a brother to me."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let this happen." I let out a deep breath as we break up the spell hovering over us.

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have come here."

"You're right though. I shouldn't have to go to another man."

"Don't get me wrong, you have no idea how long I've waited for this. But I'm not gonna be that kind of guy." He looks down at the floor as if he's trying to hide the disappointment in his eyes. He could have taken advantage of the situation, but he still managed to find his conscience.

"Why are you single again?" I smile, trying to coax him to look at me.

"I don't know. I just haven't found what I'm looking for."

Photobucket

"What are you looking for?" I ask nervously.

"It doesn't matter. I guess it's not meant to be." He shakes his head, letting out a deep breath.

"Baby I wanna do
All the things
Your man won't do
I'll do them for you"


"Luke..." My heart aches for him. He's such a great guy, such a sweet man who happens to be in the most honorable profession of saving lifes, with such a big heart that's longing for love, but I can't help him. As bad as things are between me and Brad right now, I owe it to him to try and make it work, especially now that we're going to have a baby. If it's not for our sake, at least it's for our child's sake. I'm still very much in love with this man who frustrates me to no end, but at the end of the day, I can't just run off with Luke.

No matter how tempting it is to escape from my problems, I have to face reality. When Brad gets home, I'm going to lay my cards out on the table. I'm going to tell him about the baby, and my desire to make things work with him. If he won't step up to do his part, then I have no choice but to move on without him.  I'm not going to waste any more of my time waiting for things to get better.

Photobucket

"What the fuck are you doing here??" I hear Brad's angry voice as he walks up to Luke. Oh shit, how long has he been here? Did he hear everything?

"She just needed someone to talk to." Luke explains calmly.

"How is that any of your business??" The jealousy in Brad's voice echoes through the living room.

Photobucket

"It's not. Look, I'm not trying to get involved." Luke tries to reason.

"Are you kidding me?? You've had your eye on her from the beginning!!" Brad lashes out.

"Brad, it's not like that---"

"How are you gonna try to fuck my girlfriend, man? In my own home??" His hands clench into a tight fist.

"You know what, dude? I could have, but I'm not gonna be that guy. Maybe you need to appreciate what you have before someone else does."

"What??" Brad's jaw drops in shock.

Photobucket

"I'm sorry, Lyn. I better go." Luke takes off before giving Brad the opportunity to lunge at him. That was a smart decision on his part, because the last thing I need right now is two grown men fighting in front of me, worrying they're going to hurt themselves.

Photobucket

"Brad, you seriously need to control your jealousy.  How could you treat Luke like that?"

"Now you're defending him?? I can't believe you!!" The pain in his pale blue eyes is unmistakable.

"Nothing happened!!" I try to believe my own lie just to make a desperate attempt at salvaging what's left of our relationship.

"I heard everything!! How are you going to stand here and lie to me like that??" He shakes his head in disappointment.

Photobucket

"You know what? I'm done fighting. Luke was here because I was lonely and I miss the companionship. You're never around. You don't even make an effort to spend time with me so I stopped trying."

"Did you have sex with him? Tell me the truth!!" His eyes are raging, soaked in anger and fear of what he's going to hear.

"No. But we kissed." The moment the words escape my mouth, I felt our relationship crumble in front of my eyes. Not even a baby can support its weak foundation, and all I can do is watch the pieces of our love and history plummet to the ground, along with the dust and debris.

"What?? How could..." He stammers, running his fingers through his raven hair.

Photobucket

"Brad, I'm sorry---" My heart sinks, knowing I just killed whatever hope we had of working things out.

"Whatever. I don't need this shit." He scans my eyes before he heads for the door.

"So you're going to leave just like that?? Brad!!" I scream, only to hear the door slam. He left. He actually left. We were supposed to work things out. The baby was supposed to give us hope. I am not supposed to be pregnant and alone in this condo, wondering if my child is going to have a father in its life!! What the hell did I just do?? Slowly, I slide down against the wall until my butt hits the floor. I cover my face as tears soak the palm of my hands, and the utter silence only magnifies the pain in my heart. What am I going to do now??

Photobucket

Later that night, I try to call Brad to see when he's coming home, but he doesn't pick up.  I try to call Brooke and Jamie, but I get their voicemail.  I even try to call Adam, but his cell phone just keeps ringing.  I am so tempted to call Luke, but even my own heart knows he's not the answer to my problems..  He's merely an escape.

Photobucket

I had to get out of the condo.  I couldn't stay there, with all of the negative energy still lingering within the thin walls.  Every minute that Brad isn't home is just a reminder that it's over.  It's really over.  He left, and who knows when he might be coming back?  It looks like I'm going to need to move out soon.  There's no sense in waiting for him to kick me out.

Photobucket


As soon as I turn the corner, I am overtaken by sharp, stabbing pains in my lower stomach.  The pain is so strong that I have to stop and grab on to the pole to keep my balance.  The only thing on my mind is making it back home so I can call the paramedics if the pain gets worse. Suddenly, I feel something warm gushing down my pants. I need to get home. I need to get home. I force myself to walk back even though the stabbing sensations intensify with each movement. Panic sets in, and I start thinking about the baby with each labored step.  No, this can't be happening! I can't lose my baby!!

Photobucket

After an excruciating flight up the stairs, I finally make it to the bathroom.  As I pull my pants down to my knees, my heart stops at the sight of my underwear.  Soaked in bright, cherry-red blood.  Even my jeans and thighs are covered with blood.   In my state of shock, blood continues to drip down the toilet bowl.  


"Nooo!! My baby, nooooo!!" Through my sobs, I get the urge to push.  I can feel something solid coming out of my pelvic area and it makes a sloshing sound as it hits the water.  I look down, and I see a large blood clot the size of a golf ball sinking down the crimson water. 

Why, God, why?? Why did you have to take my baby??


*Copyright 2012 Lyn C.S.*
---------------------------------------------------------

"All The Things" by Joe

Video by: JoeVEVO

34 comments:

  1. wow, when your lonely and don't know what to do, you call up the first thing that makes you want to have what you use to have. Though they really did nothing, i could see how easy it could get out of hand, and though they did nothing, it was sad that brad walked in on it, and heard to much, and thinks something did happen. Sadly it crumbled their relationship at least in her eyes, all the frustrations, the fears, the horrors, or lack of that loveing feeling, brought on a miscarriage. Which really is both good and bad.
    Sadly Luke was at least man enough to not take advantage of the situation, but i think she had lost her controll.
    Brad on the other hand, saw nothing of what he should have seen only the jealousy of another with what he called his woman.
    Looking forward to the next part. Still thinking omg, what is she doing, what did she get herself into, or out of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just bad all around. I'm glad Luke did have some self control but I can't blame her for being lonely.

    Brad is turning into a major jerk. She never even got the chance to tell him she was pregnant and now she's lost it. Will she let him know or keep it to herself?

    Can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Chapter was really good. I think Luke was very right in what he did and he stuck to what he knew was best. The part where she is losing the baby is heartbreaking. I feel so sorry for Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so crying now! Brad really doesn't realize what special people he has in his life! Lynn and Luke. They are strongly attracted to each other but they both care about Luke. He takes them both for granted!

    I know how scared she has to be that she lost her baby! While all of this is going on, I bet that Brad is cheating on her. Getting even with her for assuming that she is cheating on him. Although it was Luke and not her who pulled back. It still doesn't make it right for him to cheat!

    I have to say that I am not thinking much of Brad right now! Luke seems to be the better man.

    Good like Always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a really good chapter, so this is what ended their relationship? Or is there still more that will be revealed when she comes back to the present? I cant wait for the next update! This story is seriously addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY DID YOU DO THAT, WHY?!? I'm crying right now.

    I hate Brad. Boo-Hoo, I want the threesome, with me, Luke, and DF. Screw the Foursome.

    She did have a miscarriage. WHY WAS I RIGHT!?! I HATE BEING RIGHT ABOUT BAD THINGS!!!

    She should met Luke, instead of Brad. It would of been a much happier story.

    From Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Lyn that was one sad chapter. You almost killed me with the ending of chapter 22. I thought a part of me was dying when the baby died like that. I kinda figured Brad would not be around he just didn't seen like that type of guy. any how it was good chapter and can't wait to here more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knowing that something tragic had to have pushed Lyn to run away from Bridgeport, I should have seen all this sadness coming... but I am still so upset for Lyn! How awful... to lose your love, your baby, life as you knew it, all in one day.

    Luke and Brad's reactions to Lyn's actions show just how different they really are. Luke has principles; he seems determined to do what's right, even if it means missing out on something he wants more than anything. And then comes Brad -- taking everyone for granted and blaming everyone but himself.

    I think Lyn's right, that their relationship's foundation was too weak to salvage anything. But that doesn't make it hurt less :( Now I will be eagerly awaiting chapter 23!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jerry,

    I know, she could haved called one of her girlfriends but instead she calls Luke. I think she needed more than just companionship, she missed the male companionship the she wasn't getting at home. I agree, she missed what she used to have with Brad.

    It's funny that you thought she did nothing, even though she kissed Luke. And I think it would have gone further if he didn't stop. I mean, for her to have him over, she knew what she was getting herself into after avoiding him for 2 years. It is unfortunate that Brad had t walk in one something that was more harmless than it looked. Bur knowing his jealousy, he probabl assumed the worst, especially with Luke.

    It's tragic that she lost the baby like that, in the end I think that will make it easier for her to move on with her life. Some people think that Brad made her get an abortion or something happened to the baby when it was born, so it really could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jazen,

    I agree, if it wasn't for Luke's self-control and concern for Brad, they probably would have ended up having sex on the couch. His desire for her and her hunger for excitement is just a recipe for an affair waiting to happen.

    Brad hasn't been doing his part lately, and he she was right, he did push her towards Luke. What they did was still wrong but it could have all been avoided if he had been more sensitive to her needs.

    You'll find out if she tells him about the miscarriage in the next few chapters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristine,

    YAY, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter!! Haha well, this is one of the factors that led to their relationship's demise. I wish I can tell you if this is it, but you'll have to find out on Thursday. XD

    Oh wow, addicting?? That's the biggest compliment any writer can ever hear, so thank you! I always try to make each update as good or better than the last, I'd hate to disappoint. lol

    I can't believe we're going on Ch. 23 and she'll be returning to the present. It seems like yesterday that I just started this story in the Pets forum. I couldn't have done it without wonderful readers like you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leah,

    Awwwwwww, I'm so sorry, I didn't make you cry!! *HUGS* I didn't want to do that, but it's Lyn's story and I had to tell it the way it happened! I was crying to, especially when she she lost the baby, and I could feel everything that she was going through. I really didn't expect this chapter to become so emotional, but it did. :-(

    LOL so you hate Brad now?? Haha so it's just a threesoem with you, DF and Luke?? Naughty girl, I hope Luke can handle you!! ;-) Maybe Brad can redeem himself later on and get back on your *to do* list, but right now he's not looking very good.

    Yes, you were right. But at least it a miscarriage and not something that she took into her own hands. I remember when you thought Naveah could have done something to the baby, so at least that's not the case.

    I agree, looking back on this chapter, Luke seemed like the better man for Lyn. It could have been a different outcome. But how could we have known that?? Oftentimes, I don't really know characters until I write about them and the story has progressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tom,

    Awwwwww, your comment made me really sad!! Wow, you thought a part of you was dying when the baby died?? I had no idea that last scene evoked such strong emotions. :-( I was just describing what she was going through at that moment, and how devastating it was for her. What made it worse was how she talked about the baby a lot and already included it in her future. Then to lose it after Brad walks out...I swear...sometimes I wonder why I allow all of these bad things to pile up. Maybe there's a good reason for it.

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I didn't expect it to be so emotional until I was writing the scenes, and I felt everything that she was going through. I don't blame you for being disappointed in Brad. Some people think Luke is the better man, and he should have been with Lyn. But who knows? Maybe he'll redeem himself later on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count,

    Awwww, that's so sweet of your to be upset for Lyn. :-) I didn't want to bombard the chapter with sadness, but remember she's closer to returning to the present, and there's a reason why she left. If things were peachy with Brad in Bridgeport, there would be no need for her to leave. Yeah, she lost her love, baby and life in one day. Wow, when you put it like that, it sounds really f*cked up. lol

    Huh, you make an interesting observaton about Brad and Luke's reaction to Lyns actions. When she first met Luke, he blatantly flirted with her even in front of Brad. So even I thought that he's going to be that douche best friend that would go after his friend's girl. But it seems like when he finally got to kiss her, the situation just felt wrong. And that's when it really hit him, that what they're going is wrong. So I agree, he sacrificed his desire just to do what's right: being a good friend. But I have to admit, my heart ached for him. I so wished he could have been happy with Lyn. :-(

    I agree, Brad fails to see his responsibility in the situation. As wrong as it was for Lyn and Luke to kiss, he still failed to do his part, which led to their demise.

    You're right, it doesn't make it hurt any less for her to realize that it's over. Ch. 23 will be here before we know it! XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daisies,

    Awwwwwww, I didn't mean to make you make you cry!! *HUGS* But I have to admit, I was crying as I wrote this chapter too, especially in the end when she lost the baby. I could really feel her anguish, and I almost did'nt want any of this to happen...but I also had to remind myself that this is Lyn's story and not mine.

    Wow, you make a really interesting point about how Brad has some special people in his life: Lyn and Luke, who really care about him but he takes for granted. I never thought of it that way. I just attributed it to Luke's guilt over Brad but you're right. They must really care about him to put Brad's needs above their own. And it's unfortunate that he doesn't see that.

    I agree, losing the baby was devastating. The one thing that gave her hope was taken away, on top of Brad walking out on her. It was good that Luke had enough self-control to stop before things went too far because Lyn certainly didn't have any of it. And they would have ended up doing what Brad feared they did.

    Knowing Brad's jealousy, temper and his tendency to get even, cheating on her could very well be a possibility. The question is, with who?

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this update! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ayemee,

    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter!! I agree, if Luke didn't have any self-control, he probably would have ended up having sex with her on the couch. It was definitely heartbreaking to seee her to lose the baby, but even more heartbreaking to write it. I felt everything she was going through, and even I was crying as I wrote the chapter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sad sad chapter. Poor Lyn. She didn't get to tell Brad that she was pregnant. I wonder what his reaction would've been if she had told him. I've been reading the chapters and at one point I was starting to change my mind about Brad but now..... Brad is self centered. It seems like all he cares about is himself. I commend Luke for stopping Lyn and himself from going any further and ruining his friendship with Brad. I agree with what everyone has been saying. I was rereading the first few chapters and at one point Lyn says "How could they do this to me??" I would like to know who They are. Oh my God. Don't tell me Brad cheated on Lyn with her sister. Hmmmm. We will just have to wait and see. And yes, this story is addicting. Can't wait to see what happens when Lyn comes back to the present. Will she tell Brad about the baby? Oh my gosh the suspense is killing me. Can't wait for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Traci,

    Welcome back, it's good to see you again!! I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. :-) I know, it's unfortunate that she didn't get to tell Brad that she was pregnant. It could have changed the outcome...but maybe not. I agree, Brad has been acting self-centered lately. He was very attentive in the beginning with the whirlwind courtship, but it seems like he put his career before her.

    I agree, Luke did the right thing by stopping before things got too far. Brad would have walked in on them and that would have been really ugly. He could have easily taken advantage of Lyn's vulnerability but he didn't, instead he took the high road.

    Oh wow, you reread the first few chapters? I must admit, I made some changes since they moved the story from the Pets forum. Haha you will find out who "they" are on Thursday, Ch. 23. XD Haha I like your prediction though.

    Wow, what a huge compliment that you think this story is addicting! :-) Thank you, I try to make it worthwhile for you guys to read. lol It will be revealed soon. XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I really didn't want her to lose the baby. No wonder she is so messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, this was so emotional. I feel so bad for Lyn, losing her baby, and her relationship all in one day. Although, her relationship had been going downhill for quite some time...

    I dunno, I know Lyn is very attracted to Luke, but it almost feels like it's the same sort of attraction she first felt for Brad. I don't know if that's really good for her, especially right now. The loneliness must be really hard for her to handle. She just needed someone to talk to, and Brad can't even take the time of day.

    --Ali

    ReplyDelete
  21. If he doesn't even have time to meet me at the park, how will he have time to raise this child?

    ^^For once (that I can remember) I am agreeing with her rationalization. She seems lucid to say these things :) If Brad isn't around for her chances are he won't be around for their baby either!

    I can't believe how their relationship faltered so quickly. Sucks but it seems the only time he's interested in her is when she's either naked or with his best friend. That's not father material and I suppose he knew that from the start.

    Luke...

    Damn...so it was a miscarriage because of all of her stress. In a way I'm relieved (stop looking at me like that). I really thought she aborted her child because of the failing relationship. I've known someone who did that after realizing her BF had a wife only to regret that decision when he left her to be with her. They got married later, had two kids and she never told him about the abortion. (Though I am speaking in code, I doubt that person would ever read this but I feel I must protect her secret).

    Anyway...

    I was on her side up until the kiss. I know it was heat of the moment and she was really kicking herself and thinking about it and it's true loneliness can cause you to do these things but...it's his best friend. Luke pulled back too after thinking through the situation but with Brad on the other side of the door, the damage had already been done.

    Brad can't get upset about this though if she has been really trying to get his attention and he has been ignoring her every attempt at a conversation then it's no one's fault but his own. I love how Luke laid it out for him, "Appreciate her before someone else does." That couldn't have been more clear yet Brad ran off instead of addressed the issue.

    Now I'm wondering if the "her" he slept with was because of this kiss. Either way tit for tat in a relationship always fails and is just a childish and malicious thing to do! You either want the person you're with or you don't! Stop with the fucking mind games and grow the hell up.

    I found it suspicious when she couldn't reach her friends though...like I said I have my thoughts on who this "her" is.

    Almost there...almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lauren,

    I know, it was sad to watch her lose the baby. I almost didn't want it to happen, but that's one of the things that led her to the bridge. Haha you couldn't have said it better. She's definitely messed up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ali,

    I know, I was crying as I wrote this chapter especially at the end when Brad walked out on her and she lost the baby. I really didn't expect it to come out so emotional, but it did. You're right though, she's been having problems with Brad for a while. Her attraction to Luke was just a symptom of it.

    I agree, it almost seems like her attraction for Luke happened in the same fashion as her attraction to Brad in the beginning. Then again, she has a weakness for hot men. She craves that excitement in her life. But still, that also had to be a red flag when you find yourself drawn to another man.

    She was definitely lonely, and like you said, Brad couldn't even make the effort. He continued to neglect her needs as he pushed on with his career. And the inevitable happened.

    Did your classes start again? I hope you had a good first week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Daijah,

    WOW, girly, you are just spoiling me today with this long comment! I love it! I was all giddy when I saw it. lol Where do I start?? Haha so she finally said something coherent? XD Well, now that she's not getting laid anymore, her brain is fully functional. I agree, sex and jealousy seems to be the only thing keep his interest in her, and it's a damn shame. It makes me question if he really loved her or if the novely of the lust just wore out when he started seeing her everyday.

    Yeah, she had a miscarriage from all the stress. Or maybe the baby just wasn't strong enough to make it full term. And I am not looking at you like that! lol Of course this was the lesser of two evils compared to abortion. Damn, your friend's story is crazy!! So she got pregnant by another man who was married? And she aborted it because it wasn't working out? O.o Then he left the wife to be with her and now they have two kids together but she regrets what she did? Damn. That's crazy. You're such a good friend for keeping her anonymous. There's no need to air out her dirty laundry.

    Wow, so even with all your shit talking, you still have what's wrong and what's right. Or are you just finding an excuse to ditch Lyn and jump on Brad?? lol But I agree, it was good that Luke had some self control. Otherwise, there might be a Luke Jr. lol Now that would be drama!
    And Luke did warn him that if he doesn't appreciate what he has soon, someone else will. But Brad walked out instead of confronting the issue.

    "Stop with the fucking mind games and grow the hell up."

    Wow, may you should have been in Lyn's head!! She could have said that to him! XD But Brad does have a tendency to want to get even, so anything is possible with the revenge. Especially when she couldn't reach any of her friends.

    You'll find out tonight what finally happened that led her to the bridge! :-)

    Thanks again for your interest in my story, Daijah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Man, this is some sexy sh*t! Lol! I know Brad is a man-whore, but damn he's hot! I think I might chuck my common sense right out the window for a piece of that, too, so I can't fault Lyn for doing that!

    Poor David - he was just being nice, and maybe a bit interested, and Lyn came down on him like a sledgehammer because of what Brad did to her. I hope she can move past that and that David forgives her by their next lesson!

    It's great that she's met her neighbor & I hope she can get some girl-time with her. It'll do her a world of good! That ghost is very intriguing - I can't wait to see what that's about! And to find out she bought the previous owner's house AND horse? Too weird! Fate? I can't wait to find out!

    I can't believe Brad found her and showed up! I'm sure she must be in a hospital bed by now, while she's reliving her life with Brad in her mind. I'm sure he sees this as a way to be her white knight & worm his way back in, but I hope she stands firm once she comes around and sends him packing! (but I could forgive a good-bye quickie...just sayin.)

    I love this & can't wait to get caught up!

    I also am so glad that you do those synopsis before each chapter - it's SO helpful! I love how your blogger page is set up - I may haunt you for advice once I get mine up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow! Brad was very confident in the hottub. I can't believe what he is turning her into. It was nice seeing how Brad got jealous over his sexy friend! Of course he was starting kill their relationship with work. That night was very hot and steamy though when they made love *they are very kinky haha* I'm curious to see what happens now that she knows she is pregnant.

    That is so sad that she lost the baby! She just wanted to feel loved because brad had quit showing her affection. It's not her fault Luke cared for her more than Brad was willing to let on!! He is just a jealous freak.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jilly,

    OMG, I'm so glad you posted this comment! I got really worried that you didn't like my story since I didn't hear anything from you after reading Ch. 10. So I was like...hmm...maybe it's just not her style. Then you come back and tell me that "this is some sexy sh*t!" lol You crack me up!! Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm so glad you're enjying the story so far!

    Haha you called Brad a man-whore!! If you think he's hot now wait to you see him in Ch. 16, 17 and 18. You'll see why it's so hard for Lyn to forget about him. lol

    I agree, she was harsh on David but only because she's been so hurt. Brad really did a number on her. I'm excited for her to come back to AP so she can see David again. Maybe they can start over.

    Yes, she needed a girlfriend, and it was nice for her to meet her neighbor. At least she'll have someone to talk to and maybe they can become really good friends. The ghost and coincidences about the house an Mr. Nunu I will be working on to figure out what the connection is, so stay tuned!

    Haha a quickie, huh?? I like the way you think! Yes, she's reliving her past right now through flashbacks and it will be interesting to see her reaction when she wakes up and see him. I don't think she'll be too happy.

    I'm so glad you're loving this story, whew! I have two more stories I need to catch up and I will start yours as soon as I can. Thanks so much for giving my story a chance!

    PS: I'd be happy to help you with some questions about how I set up my blog!! What a huge compliment, hit me up anytime! Also, I start with the synopsis in the beginning of each chapter because it helps me recap what happened before. I also use them for the chapter summaries. lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. DBlonde,

    Haha yeah, Brad was very bold in the hot tub and he's turning her into quite a freak. lol He has a jealous streak and the thought of another man flirting with her or touching her just drives him mad. LOL you crack me up at the "kinky" comment. I must admit, I was embarassed when I reread that chapter posting it. I really didn't expect it to get that graphic but that's how they were at that moment. XD

    I agree, she just wanted to feel loved and Luke had more of it to give than Brad. I agree, his jealousy isn't serving a real purpose other than driving her away even more.

    Thanks for catching up with my updates!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Man..that was just sad. the thought of loosing your man and child all in less than 24 hours is a lot. My heart goes out to poor lyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Bri! I know, this chapter was very hard for me to write. I knew this was going to happen but when the moment came, I almot didn't want it to go through with it. I don't think I was prepared to see Lyn lose Brad and the baby within 24 hours. But it had to be done since this contributed to her nearly jumping off the bridge.

      Delete
  30. Hey tommiegirl, so I haven't had a chance to read this chapter yet (insert picture of turtle here), but I happened to scroll to the bottom and the bottom part of the chapter is one giant block of text and there's no video embedded. :( Btw, I'm using firefox. Is it just my browser or did the formatting turn weird? Just thought I'd point it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emerain, I'm on Google Chrome and the chapter is loading normally. I even tried it with Safari and I haven't had any issues with it. Sometimes it does that, I don't know why but you can try closing the page and reloading it or rebooting your computer and reloading the page again. Let me know if that works, and thanks for the heads up :)

      Delete
    2. Tried it on Internet Explorer and it works fine. :) Strange.

      I feel like I'm the only one who somewhat emphathizes with Brad at this point (not knowing what's in Ch. 23 yet). :( I mean, he works crazy crazy hours, deals with trauma every single day and barely has time to sleep. Maybe he was so stressed out and overworked that he's just too exhausted to express his thoughts. He just physically can't take any more stress by the time he gets home.

      Anyway, it's really interesting that I read this chapter today since I was just thinking about a friend's mom who was cheated on, and so people who are more familiar with the mom (the couple is separated and live in different cities) probably just hear it from her side and see him as "the bad guy". But I think your story reminds me that something can look straightforward at first glance, but if you delve deeper, it's complicated and there's a lot of grey area.

      In reference to my blog - I'm curious, have you read the original Great Expectations?

      Delete
    3. Yay, I'm glad it works with another browser! You are one of the few readers who are able to empathize with Brad, but once you read Ch. 23, I'm wondering if you will still feel the same way. lol But you're right, the crazy hours and stress of working at the hospital contributed to their problems, among other things. But since you're still catching up with the story, I'll leave it at that. :)

      I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom. Was she married? If so, that's even tougher, especially when there are children involved. But yes, there are two sides to a story, and hearing only one side usually puts the blame on the other person. Infidelity is a complicated issue. It's usually the end result of problems that already existed in a relationship. Even if someone finds the perfect person, their fear/insecurities can cause them to sabotage what they have. So yeah, it's not always black and white.

      I've heard of Great Expectations but I haven't read it. I know it's a classic. :)

      Thanks for your feedback, Emerain!

      Delete