Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chapter Seven (Let Me Let Go)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 6 (Feels Like Home)
-The phantom abdominal pain returned when I got home, and I had flashbacks of having a positive pregnancy test in Bridgeport.
-I didn't wake up until 3 p.m. the next day.
-The Fox family didn't have an adoption ad that day, so I visited the Schmidt household to adopt a dog instead.
-I met Benjamin, a bearded, tattooed repairman, whom I found strangely attracted to.
-I didn't bring a dog home, but we exchanged numbers.
-For the first time in a while, I looked forward to someone's call.


Photobucket


Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade
Date: Monday, 10/24/11
Time: 7:00 a.m.

The warm morning sun wakes up from its own slumber, shining its light onto Appaloosa Plains.  It exposes the true colors of the houses, buildings, trees, landscape, river and rolling hills.  A new day is here.  Gone are the misgivings and disappointments of yesterday.  The sound of birds chirping merrily take me away from my dreams, slowly waking me up.  The ray of sunlight invading my window gently caresses me, as if to say, "Good morning."  I stretch my arms out as I let out a deep groan.  The butter yellow color of the ceiling holds my interest for a moment before my eyes move to the window.  A glimpse of the blue lake nestled between the green rolling hills warm up my heart, bringing a smile to my face. 

Anxious to greet the glorious view, I leap out of bed and run towards the window.  The glow of the sun reflects on the water now, casting a white color on the lake surrounded by peach.  I can see myself on a boat, gently skimming the surface of the water as I feel the cool air on my face.  I can feel the splash of water on my skin, cooling it off under the hot afternoon sun.  It's just me, my boat and nature.  It's the only way I can truly understand the beauty that surrounds me by giving it my undivided attention, basking in its presence.  I can feel a sense of peace in my heart as I close my eyes, looking forward to that day when I will get to explore the rest of my backyard. 

"One of these days, I promise.  I will finally get to meet you." I whisper softly to the lake in front of me.

Photobucket

After my mind comes back to reality,  I head to the stable to let Mr. Nunu out.  My heart melts at the sight of him.  If he was a dog, he would be next to me on my bed, keeping me warm while I sleep.  Then neither of us would have to be lonely at night.  But alas, he is not a dog.  He's a horse.  One who has grown to trust me and let me in his world.

"Hi baby!" I greet him happily.

His eyes smile back at me as he snorts.

Photobucket

"Why don't you get some fresh air while I eat breakfast, okay? I'll be back." I reassure him as we walk to the paddock.

Photobucket

In Bridgeport, I normally make a protein shake before I head off to the hospital.  I would go over the things I need to do that day as I mix the almond milk, whey protein, frozen fruit, greek yogurt and honey with a hand blender.  The sound of morning traffic would already seep through the living room as I watch the news, sipping my smoothie with a straw.  I can hear cars honking and the angry voices of very impatient people..or at least people who haven't had their morning coffee.  Then I laugh at the absurdity of it all...people who actually believe that their show of self-importance is actually going to make the cars go faster.  How come I never realized that until now?

Just as I get ready to make a protein shake, my mind takes me to Bridgeport again.  I'm in the kitchen, looking for two 24 ounce tumblers.  I find them on the dishrack by the sink.  One is orange, the other one is blue.  Mine is the orange one.  His is blue.  Even though he doesn't have to be at his office until 10 a.m., I always make a smoothie for him before I leave at 7:00 a.m.  I would leave it in the freezer so it doesn't melt when he wakes up.  Sometimes he would sneak up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist, whispering "Hey sexy" to my ear.  I would gasp in surprise, expecting him to still be in bed, his warm breath making my neck tingle.  I would lose my breath at the feel of his body behind me.  Then I would turn around to look in his pale blue eyes, losing myself in them. 

"I thought it was over, baby
We said our goodbyes
But I can't go a day 

Without your face
Goin' through my mind
In fact, not a single minute
Passes without you in it
Your voice, your touch, 

Memories of your love
Are with me all of the time"


" 'Hi baby.' I would reply, a smile taking over my face.  With his arms still around my waist, he would lean in to kiss me softly.  I would close my eyes as the feelings burst from within me, escaping with the increasing movement of my pulse.  Our kiss would become more passionate, making it necessary for me to pull away. 'I have to go to work.'

'Not yet.' He would insist, finding my mouth again.  I would put my arms around his neck, lightly running my fingers through his raven hair.  The sight of the kitchen clock reminds me that I have to be somewhere else.

'Mmm...I'm gonna be late.  I really have to go, babe.' I plead, still tasting his luscious lips.

'Alright.  But we're not done.' He grins with mischievous eyes.

'Is that right?' I chuckle, shaking my head.  I grab my purse, feeling an anticipation of what waits for me when I get home tonight. 'Bye sweetie.'


 I kiss him on the cheek before I head out the door.  He pats my ass."

Sadness and longing fill my heart as I stare at the carton of almond milk.  I don't want to go to that place right now.  Not with him.  So I decide to ditch the shake and eat butter pecan ice cream instead.  I'm on my own.  I can do whatever I want.  If I want to eat ice cream for breakfast, I'll eat ice cream for breakfast.  Whatever it takes to make these damn memories go away.

"Let me let go, baby
Let me let go
If this is for the best
Why are you still in my heart
Are you still in my soul
Let me let go"


Photobucket

"Noooooooo!!" I freak out when I notice that the toilet lever feels loose.  It's not flushing.  To make it worse, I don't know anything about fixing toilets.  
"Are you kidding me?  The toilet doesn't flush?  I just bought this house!" 

At least there are still two bathrooms upstairs.  Last time I checked, they both work.  Then I remember that I bought the property on impulse, without looking inside.  Serves me right for not doing my research first.  But what was I supposed to do?  Sleep in a hotel while Mr. Nunu roams the town? 
How am I supposed to fix this thing now?

Benjamin.  I can call him.  Yes.  Bearded, rugged, handyman Benjamin fixing my toilet.  Shirtless with a toolbelt.  The thought makes me giggle...and almost glad that the toilet broke.  Almost.

Photobucket

"Hi, baby. Mommy's back.  Did you sleep well last night?"

To my delight, he nuzzles my face.  I feel giddy inside at Mr. Nunu's first display of affection. 

"Awww, thank you.  I love you too, sweetheart."

Photobucket

Thinking that Mr. Nunu is already trained, I try to make him do the high jump.  Big mistake.  He runs towards it, but stops immediately, causing him to go forward.  Panicking, I tug on his reins so hard, he pulls back.  At that moment, hanging on this back, nearly falling off, I am paralyzed with fear.  He could land on me if he loses his balance.  I imagine myself on the ground with a crushed skull and broken bones, bleeding internally.  This could very well be my last moment alive.

Photobucket

Admitting my foolishness, I use the low jump instead. 

His feet pass over without any problems.  What a sweet taste of success, even if it's a very small one.  What matters is that he is doing this with me as his handler.

"Good job, Mr. Nunu! What a good boy!" I praise him as he completes another jump.

Photobucket

It looks like the jumping practice wore Mr. Nunu out. 

Knowing that he will eventually have to learn the high jump, I ride with him to the Equestrian Regional Training Grounds after his nap.  
Who am I kidding?  I don't know anything about training horses.  Its time for riding lessons.

Photobucket

After registering and paying, I'm told to wait by the training area.  It's nice to see Mr. Nunu  around other horses as well.

"Hi, Lyn?" I hear a man's voice behind me. 

Photobucket

I turn around.  I'm greeted by a pair of light hazel eyes.  My heart skips a beat.

"Yes?"  I reply, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"I'm David.  I'm your instructor." He offers his hand, smiling.

"Oh.  Hi." I mumble as I shake his hand.

Oh hi?  Really? That's all you can say??


*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
------------------------------------------------------------

"Let Me Let Go" by Faith Hill
Video by: granako



20 comments:

  1. Hey i love ur story
    remember me from the sims 3 website
    im the one who was last searching for a unicorn well i found one and i adopted it, i also found and adopted that wild horse i loved, but its an elder but still beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RockinGirl, thanks for stopping by my blog! They moved my story from the Pets forum, so I'm glad you were still able to find the thread. I decided to create a blog to prevent any more problems with EA.

    Of course I remember you! YAY for finding a unicorn and a wild horse! Wow, you can actually adopt it? I didn't know that. I still have yet to find either *sadface* I need to make my simself explore that town so I can find them.

    So how are you holding up taking care of animals? I can barely care care of one horse . lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome update! I got Pets today!!! I'll be installing it soon. Can't wait to explore Appaloosa Plains. I'm so excited! This is lacinumnutz from the Sims 3 website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lacinumnutz, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm giggling at your name. XD I recognized you right away from your comment on my thread and you're also on my friends list. Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed the update. I hope it wasn't too much trouble to find this blog.

    Woooot!! You got Pets today, that's awesome! You will love it. It's a beautiful town, and there's so much to do with the EP. I still haven't touched the surface, haven't even found a unicorn yet because I was busy setting up the story.

    Please let me know how you like it, and feel free to post pics on my thread. I'd love to see them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo, finally found your story again! Amazing update, as per usual(: Your graphics amazing, it makes me jealous, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi XFairytale, thanks for finding my story again and visiting my blog! Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed the update. Haha no need to be jealous, I'm sure your pics look amazing as well : )

    So are your pets still conspiring against you? XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well HELLLOOOOO David! Glad I went through my posts and found the thread! Stupid EA forums!

    Great update (as always!) hun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha you crack me up!! They moved my, Kate's and Izy's story to the stories and legacies forum, that's why it disappeared from the Pets forum. We were so upset when they did that. Then we noticed that they moved all stories, so that helped a little.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the update!! I will try to finish Ch. 8 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. David is a cutie patootie!! I would very much like to see more of him ;)

    Another fab update Lyn! I can't wait to see what chapter 8 has in store!

    ♥ and harp strings,
    Kate

    P.S. I borrowed your idea on your forum post of having the previous and next stories linked on that story's post. Hope you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kate, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yes, Davis is a cutie-pie, and you will see him in Ch. 8. What role he's going to play in my life, I don't know yet.

    I don't mind at all, I even suggested that to you that when you asked for advice about creating a new blog. It's easier for readers to keep track of the updates that they missed.

    You new blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. David is a cutie, but what about Benjamin? And the guy from her past? I feel like Lyn is going to have a tough decision to make soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lauren, I know, so many men so little time. lol Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to incorporate all three of them in the story. They will definitely play some type of role in her life.

    But the ex...oh, the ex. He has some explaining to do. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hell yeah ORANGE AND BLUE haha (how subtle) love that!

    Gorgeous opening shot! Very beautiful and your descriptions of it were superb!

    I had to laugh at Mr. Nunu and Lyn finally realizing the "beast" could crush her LOL. Why would she try that? Is she nuts? Glad Nunu didn't fall completely backwards though. She DOES need riding lessons! Pulling his reins like that proved it.

    Lyn...yes break a faucet while you're at it that way Benjamin can stick around longer. Offer him a drink and "accidentally" spill some on his and YOUR shirts...nudity for all! But be casual about it.

    She needs to find a job soon before she runs out of cash! $125 a day? Girl! Get a mop and get to work! That's freaking expensive! For Christmas I want a new computer, extended memory and all my games already loaded. I send you the specs. :D

    That ex...man. Can't wait to hear from this guy! I can't believe after all those sweet and romantic moments she keeps looking back on the doucher cheated on her! UGH! Asshole!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Daija, I didn't even realize that the orange and blue reference was about the Gators!! lol In real life, I really do have an orange tumbler and my husband has a blue one. But now it makes me think of Gator colors! Gosh, you are so observant, how do you do it??

    Thank you, I'm so glad you loved the opening shot and description. AP definitely has some gorgeous sunsets and I wanted to convey that as much as possible. Haha I know, that was so dumb of her to try to make him jump without any riding experience. She definitely learns the hard way.

    Bahahaa you are so pervy, I love it!! I love your "accidental spill" idea, I may just use that when the time comes for her to call Benjamin. And I left that toilet broken for that reason. Can you imagine the dialogue when they find their shirts wet? XD *bow chicka wow wow*

    I know, $125 a day is a lot of money. I don't thnk she realizes that now but eventually she will have to learn how to budget if she wants to keep that house. Bahaha I'd be happy to buy you a new laptop for Christmas if the accept sim money. ;-)

    Yes, she is still hung up on the ex. And you will see why when you progress in the story. I just finished my first love scene in Ch. 16, and it was scorching hot, it ended up very raw and graphic. So when you get to the part, you will see why it's hard for her to let him go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhhh!! I knew it! I told you the instructor was going to be hot! I knew I was right!
    Hopefully this guy will take her mind of the other guy that hurt her so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha I'm glad you think David is hot!! She'll see him again in the next few chapters when she resumes her riding lessons.

    Hopefully by then she'll be in a better state to talk to him, maybe open up a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! Yes! Call Ben! Call Ben!
    The memories of Lyn and "him" are so deep and shows the love between them. They seemed to be happy with each other and with that they had in each other so mind my is going over what could have been so bad that she had to leave and almost jumped to her death. Did she catch him in bed with a man? A supposed to be friend? Anxious to find out!!

    And David's eyes! Guys guys and more guys! She must have moved to heaven and BOY do I wish I had some butter pecan right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL Qui, I love how you're all urging her to call Ben! How do you solve your man problems? Get a new one ASAP. XD For some reason, she's remembering the good times, and that's why her mind keeps taking her back to the days when they were happy. And they were very much in love. I don't know if she's just in denial and she hasn't accepted the reality of what happened but I guess the anger hasn't really set in yet.

    Oh, man cathing him in bed with another man?? That would be devastating. See for yourself how Brad is and tell me if your gaydar is beeping. lol It will be a few more updates before you see what went wrong.

    I agree, David has some mesmerizing eyes. Haha you noticed the abundance of men in AP too? XD Well you know, with all of that manual labor, they're bound to have some strong bodies. XD

    Mmmmm...butter pecan ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Davids' a cutie..maybe she will play the field for a bit eh?edenz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree, David is a cutie. And a sweetheart too. Well, she is single now, so she can explore her options. xD

      Delete