Monday, November 28, 2011

Chapter Twelve (You Don't Know My Name)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 11 (Who's That Boy?)
-I called Adam to let him now that I'm okay, which made me emotional.
-I finally felt ready to find a job, so I headed to the hospital.
-To my surprise, Brad was there, and our eyes met.
-I was in such shock that I started to have severe chest pains.
-Everything went dark.
-This triggered flashbacks of when we first met at the Bridgeport library.

Photobucket


Location: AVJ Wellness Center
Date: Wednesday, 6/29/2009
Time: 8:46 p.m.


"Baby, Baby, baby
From the day I saw you
I really really want t
o catch your eye
There's something special about you
I must really like you
Cause not a lotta guys 
Are worth my time"

The closer he gets, the more my breath gets caught in my throat.  A part of me wants to run in the other direction just to avoid the intensity of his gaze, yet a part of me is beyond thrilled to see him again.  Ever since our brief exchange at the library, I couldn't get him out of my mind.  His eyes, his face, his voice, his lips and his smile haunted me at every waking moment.  Oh, how I wished I was able to talk to him a little longer.   I would go to the library everyday hoping to run into him again but to no avail.

Of all the times to bump into him again, it had to be when I'm in my gym clothes with pigtails, all sweaty.  Why couldn't it be when I'm dressed up so I can act all sexy and mysterious like that girl he was with at the library?  She looked flawless and feminine, like she just came out of a magazine.  Serves me right for being a tomboy growing up.  Instead of playing with dolls, I climbed trees.  Instead of having tea parties with the girls, I played football with the boys.  The only problem was that they saw me as one of them, so when it came to girls that they liked, I always counted myself out.

"Hey..." He greets softly, snapping me out of my thought.  He looks just as surprised to see me, but there's an urgency in his pale blue eyes. 

"Hey..." I reply calmly, hoping he won't notice that my tanktop is a little wet from the sweat induced by the treadmill.  What happened to hello? Hi?  All I can say is hey back?  His eyes subtly scan me from head to toe, from my pigtails, down to my lips,  to the moist spot on my tanktop, all the way down to my legs.  I'd do anything to get inside his head, just to know what he's thinking.  Are they naughty thoughts?  Or is he appalled at how grungy I look?  Most women would be offended if a guy looked at them like that.  But the way he does it, with those eyes, it feels like he's undressing me.  And I don't want him to stop.

Photobucket

"We gotta stop meeting like this."  He whispers mischievously.

"I know.  What would my husband think?"  I play along, holding his gaze.

"Then we'll just have to be very careful." His smile reeks of impure thoughts that my imagination can only wonder about.

I don't talk to guys like this when I just met them, but our playful interaction is making me say things I normally wouldn't say.  I don't know what it is about him, but I just want to take him in the men's bathroom and have my way with him.  Maybe it's his tattoos.  It gives him an edge, as if he doesn't care what people think.  With those eyes, that smile and those tats, I can imagine him taking charge in bed, making me beg for more.

Photobucket

"I don't know. "

"About what?" 

"I don't know if you can handle it.  I'd hate to break your heart."  Oh my God, what am I saying??                    
"Is that right??" His eyes light up.    

"I mean, I'll only be using you for one thing." Who are you?? Stop talking!!      

"Damn.  Just like that?"  He leans closer, even more intrigued.   

"Just like that."  I whisper in his ear, feeling so provocative.  I don't know who this person is, but she's a vixen!  And I can't control her.  For all I know, I can be speaking to a guy with a girlfriend or worse yet...with a wife.  I don't know anything about him other than his name.  But  a part of me know's its definitely getting his attention.  A guy like him probably gets bored easily with girls, and it will take a confident woman to keep him on his toes.      

                                                                                               
Photobucket

"Hey, what's up, Brad!" I hear a guy yell out behind me, interrupting our repertoire,  so I turn around.  Who is that? He's cute.

"What's up, Jason!"  He nods in return.

Photobucket

"So where were we?" He asks, eyes eager to hear what's next.

"Oh, something about breaking your heart." I smile playfully.

"Haha. You are ruthless." He chuckles, shaking his head.

"Nah. I just like to be upfront."

"So are you really married?" He asks, but his once playful eyes are now serious.

Photobucket

Before I can answer, the blonde guy named Jason approaches us.  Now he's shirtless.  Oh Lord, what is this, the hot guy convention?  Feeling overwhelmed by all the sweaty testosterone, I try not to look directly at their muscular bodies.  It's one thing to talk seductively to Brad since I feel comfortable with him, but in front of another guy?  I don't want him to think I'm that kind of girl, picking up strange men at the gym.  Then again...isn't that what I'm doing?

Photobucket

We both look at each other as if our secret meeting had just been interrupted.  Now he's probably wondering if I'm playing around or if I'm really married.  Curiosity burns in his eyes, and for a moment, it creates a cloud of frustration between us.  Whatever this thing is that we started, it seems to be lingering in the air, waiting.  Just waiting.

"
And when we had our first kiss
It happened on a Thursday
Oooh it set my soul on fire
Oooh baby baby baby
I can't wait for the first time
My imagination's runnin wild
It feels like oooooh
You don't know my name"


Photobucket

"Hey Brad, you never introduced me to your friend." Jason observed, eyes on me.

"Oh. Jason, this is---" He looks annoyed.

Photobucket

"Hi, Brad!" A blonde girl interrupts, planting herself right in front of him.

"Oh hey, Marina." He doesn't sound too enthused, but he flashes her a smile anyway.

"I've been calling you." She bats her eyes, trying to get his undivided attention.

"Yeah, I've been busy." He hesitates. Ouch.  The kiss of death.

Photobucket

"Oh really?  So when are you available?  I'd love to hang out again."  She persists.  What does "hang out" mean?  Is that booty-call hang out or spend-time-as-platonic-friends hang out?
Then I get this crazy idea. To see if he notices, I start flirting with his friend Jason.

Photobucket

"Those workouts are really paying off for you." I stroke his ego,  scanning his body from head to toe.

"Oh, thanks. I try to stay in shape." He looks surprised at my comment but he's eating it up.

Photobucket

"Maybe we can work out together one of these days." He offers, eyebrows raised.

"Well---" Oh crap.  I didn't think he would flirt back!

Photobucket

"She's already here with me." Brad quickly cuts in with a hint of possessiveness in his eyes.

Whaaat??? Is he jealous?

Photobucket

"Oh. I didn't know that." Disappointment takes over Jason's face.

"So Brad, are you free this weekend?" The blonde girl makes her presence known again.

"I have to check my plans." His eyes briefly meet mine before returning to hers.

"Why don't we talk in private?" She asks as she pulls him away.

First the girl at the library, now her? How many girls does he exactly know? This one sure doesn't take no for an answer!

Photobucket

Admitting my defeat, I decide to go home.

"Wait!" Someone calls out from behind me.

Photobucket

I turn around.  The sight of him walking towards me makes my heart race again.

Photobucket

"Where did you go?" He asks, catching his breath.

"Well, I saw that you were busy. I didn't want to interrupt."

"Oh, you mean that girl? She's just a friend." He explains.


"Suuuure, that's what they all say." I smile teasingly.

Photobucket

"No, really.  I have one class with her."

"She's quite persistent, isn't she?"

"I guess you can say that."

"I think she likes you."

Photobucket

"You think so?"

"I think so."

"But I'm not thinking about her."

"No?" I let out a deep breath.

"No." His eyes are serious.

"Who are you thinking about?"

"This hot married woman that's only after one thing." His pale blue eyes burn into mine now, making me lose my breath.

"Oh." That's the only word that escapes my mouth.  My cheeks start to feel warm.

"What's your name?" He whispers, eyes glistening.

Photobucket

"Brad!  There you are!" That same blonde girl comes up behind us.

Are you kidding me??

Photobucket

This time, I head straight to my car.  Girls seem to follow him everywhere, and I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for the competition, even with my fake married-woman persona.


*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
---------------------------------------------------------

"You Don't Know My Name" by Alicia Keys
Video by: aliciakeysVEVO



16 comments:

  1. still wondering, for now i am sure shes in a sorta dream. reliving what was, and wondering what will be. So lol meeting under false pretenses, always makes for uncomfortable times later. Will her dream make her call him back? Or will her dream make her realize hes a lady's man? (o ya jerry/sirona)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerry, yes she is still in a different state of consciousness. Running into Brad triggered such an intense emotional response from her that she started having flashbacks. As long as there's a haze in the opening and closing scenes, she is still in the past. She needs to have a trigger to bring her back to the present again, the same way seeing Brad triggered flashbacks from when they first met.

    I agree, I hope she'll be honest with him when she runs into him again. But it sure got his attention though. You posed some really good questions, and they will be answered in the coming updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she can return to the present. But honestly, Brad is smexy. I don't think I would have the willpower to tell him to kick rocks. I'd probably forgive him for whatever he did wrong... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved every thing about this.

    Amazing, amazing writing, I could just see their whole interaction in my head, wonderfully done!

    And OMG, the chemistry between them, how they seem to "get" each other and have eyes only for each other even when they are in a room full of people is just WOW.

    Damn you Brad, why did you have to go and break Lyn's heart?

    The two of them seemed to have had something incredible when they were together.

    And I love the way you're telling her backstory, very crafty and creative and just jaw dropping. I would never have thought of that, not even in a million years. You sure make flashback scenes interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog! Didn't really expect a visitor as I made it for moi but it's nice to know I have a reader :).

    So anyways, I'll read your story, I think I followed your blog (I THINK!!! blogger is confusing) and your blog's quite good! :) keep up the good work!

    JLMN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, she will eventually return to the present once she finds another emotional trigger. right now she's in another state of consciousness, reliving her past. Haha, I'm glad you think Brad is smexy. ;-) He definitely played a huge role in her life and it won't be easy to forget about him.

    So you think you'll be able to forgive him? We'll see if you still feel that way when you find out what he did. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, thank you so much for the kind words, I'm really glad you enjoyed this update! I'm always excited to hear your feedback. I was really wrestling with myself about the flashbacks and backstory...I wanted you guys to see what her life was like in Bridgeport, as well as her relationship with Brad, and what caused her to flee. At the same time, I didn't want to risk losing the momentum of the story. So I'm relieved that you don't mind it.

    That's exactly what I wanted to portray: the chemistry between her and Brad. I wanted to show you what made them fall in love with each other in the first place, and to see if their relationship is worth saving. You will be seeing more of him in the next updates, so stay tuned!

    Thanks for still following this story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jericho, welcome to my blog! It was my pleasure to check out your story. I'm always on a look-out for good ones, and the premise of yours intrigued me. I can't wait for Ch. 1!

    Thank you so much for following mine and for the kind words. I will definitely be following yours as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE NEW UPDATE WAS AWESOME! *MIND BLOWN*
    What a player that guy is! I'm glad he seems interested in your simmy.
    *COUGH* PLEASE GET ANOTHER PET *COUGH*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you! I finally had some time to check out your new story. Don't take this the wrong way but...If you get back with him I will have to shake and slap some sense into you hehe. Wow you should really consider being a writer. Maybe a script writer for tv or movies or something. You're very talented and the details are amazing! You're really good with putting feelings into words! I'll have to check back for an update when I have the time again. Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Boltz, good to see you again! Wow, thanks for checking out my new story! I'm so glad you like it, since I connect with it better than my Real World one (as fun as the characters are, but there are just so many to juggle). No offense taken, in fact, I'm gigling that you want to slap some sense into me if my sim gets back with her ex. That means I'm getting your attention. Teehee! XD

    Wow, thank you so much for the kind words, especially coming from someone with such amazing creations. That means a lot to me. I've seen the talent in the forum when it comes to stories, so I definitely have a lot to learn. Writer? Mois? Gosh, that sounds like such a big task. I wouldn't even know where to begin but thanks for the inspiration. But I'm glad you're able to feel the emotions in the story, I really want you to feel like you're there with the characters.

    Thanks again for the comment, it really made my day! And you keep sending those hot sims our way, you hear? XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Xfairytale, YAY! I'm glad you enjoyed the update!! I didn't realize how much of a player Brad was until now either, and I'm getting a better feel of his personality. I have a question though. Since my sim's consciousness is in the past, do you think it's slowing down the story or is it still moving it forward? I wanted to show you guys what her life was like in Bridgeport and what happened with her ex but I don't want to slow the story down. Let know know what you think. Don't worry I will get a dog. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah back to regular posting days...Happy Monday :)

    WTF! How the hell you start from this damn picture? Why the fuck isn't she back to her reality where I don't forget there's a scroll bar on the side of the page to move me beyond staring at hottie's body? Mmm...

    Pervy Lyn...sweet, realistic, Pervy Lyn. My thoughts seemed to have jumped from my head and to hers and this page because I was right there with everything she said.

    I don't know who this person is, but she's a vixen! And I can't control her.
    ^^Shh stop trying, just go with it. Now, run your finger up his chest, bite your lower lip and push him away. That's right make him chase you!

    Jason...whoa...can't...concentrate...double dose of hottie on screen...must...avert...gaze! Ah precious words beneath the picture you'll save me right?

    Oh Lord, what is this, the hot guy convention?
    ^^^ YES! WTF! Get the hell out of that gym before the next guy shows up completely nude! Wait...what the hell am I saying? Undress and bounce! Yes...stare at the kitties. I know they aren't mixologist sized but they are more than a handful!

    His response to Jason made me laugh! Men! So quick to lay claim when they see another man is interested HAHAHA poor kid. She should have broken HIS heart :(

    The game they played was very interesting. I LOVE cat and mouse teases and Lyn is surprisingly VERY good at it. She even surprised herself. And had only she really looked deep into the "girls constantly hounding him" thing she would have realized he's nothing but a dog chasing "cat" and there would always be another "feline" to bite. I hate him. It's official. Sorry. She should have kept running.

    Make me smile and giggle like a schoolgirl all you want Bradley but you're not sucking me in your evil, smexy devil you!

    I feel so bad for Lyn. So drawn and taken by this guy and the two years she spent loving him with her all. That kind of shit leaves you writhing in agony for a while. I'm with her. Any guy that makes you fall like that only to sweep the rug from under only deserves one thing: A slow and painful death. Maybe Jason is still available? Hmm he didn't much like her flirting with him. Nothing says revenge better than "I had angry sex with your bestie and he was WAY better than you!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daijah, you are seriously spoiling me with these comments!! Wow, girly, you are going to ruin me!!

    HAHAHA you're still staring at Brad's six pack?? How can you possibly hate the douche when you're oogling him?? I agree, our thoughts seem to be merging...just reading some of your comments, I could have sworn we were thinking abou the same thing as I wrote the chapter. lol I love it! The mind is a very powerful thing, and they say it's the largest sex organ. I think its more capable of bringing people together more than the steamiest, naughtiest physical encounter.

    LOL run her hands across his chest, bite her lip and walk away?? DAMNNNN that would have been hot. Why didn't I think of that?? He would have creamed his pants. lol I know, right?? Jason is hot, and I had lots of fun taking pics of him shirtless in Real World. He and Brooke had incredible chemistry, unfortunately, there were just too many characters to juggle and I felt more of a connection to Memoirs. I'm going to try to see if I can include them in this story in some way.

    LOL I know right? All these guys showing up shirtless. Might as well take her clothes off and join the party.

    I agree, she's normally not like that when she first meets a guy. She's normally cautious. But with Brad, she finds herself flirting with him like crazy, and she loves it! It's like she can already see herself with him and what they are going to do. Haha I don't blame you for hating him. I mean, the boy doesn't like being tied down. He likes the chase.

    "Nothing says revenge better than "I had angry sex with your bestie and he was WAY better than you!"

    LOL damn that would be so wrong but so devious!! Yeah, talk about revenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, the blonde is pissing me off! I'm ready to come through this screen on her! Go away tramp! Do you not see he's paying attention to everything but you? Man! Bimbos I tell you!

    Jason....MEOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Qui,

    LOL you are cracking me up!! She was pretty persistent, she wouldn't take no for an answer. Talk about oblivious. Everytime Lyn and Brad would resume their "dance", she shows up. So she just gave up and went home.

    I agree, Jason is MEOW. But he's a major commitment-phobe. XD

    ReplyDelete