Monday, November 21, 2011

Chapter Ten (Big Girls Don't Cry)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Chapter 9 ( A Breath Of Fresh Air)
-I woke up thinking about David, feeling guilty for how I snapped at him.
-I wrestled with my emotions, refusing to believe that I may like him.
-To get my mind off things, I went for a jog down by the lake.
-I met a beagle that reminded me of Nikki, my dog in Bridgeport.
-Just when I was having fun playing with her, her owner showed up.


*This update contains strong language*

Photobucket

Location: Adventure Landing
Date: Tuesday, 10/25/11

Time: 9:17 a.m.


"Is she yours?"  I ask the auburn haired lady. 

"Yes she is.  She just ran off.  Frisky little thing."  Her blue eyes are kind, and she seems to resonate a very calm and gentle energy. 

"Why'd you run off like that, darling? Hmm?? What if the lake monster gets you?" She stoops down just low enough for Jackie to look up and listen intently.

Her tail wags excitedly, head tilted sideways.  There's no question that this lady is the owner.

Photobucket

"I hope she didn't bother you too much."  She apologizes.

"No, not at all.  She's so adorable.  And full of personality!"

"Aww, thank you.  That's my Jackie.  Always up to no good.  I'm Geri by the way."

"I'm Lyn.  Nice to meet you." I smile as I shake her hand.  It feels nice to talk to another female for a change.  I can just be myself without worrying about romantic entanglements.  Or getting myself in trouble.

Photobucket

"I usually take her for a walk in the mornings.  This is the first time I let her off-leash and look what happens." She mutters, shaking her head.

"Well, it was a nice surprise.  I got to play with her for a little bit.  I had fun!"

"Do you live around here or are you just visiting?"  She asks.

Photobucket

"Yeah, I do.  I just moved to that ranch around the corner with the white paddock.  This is actually my first time visiting the lake."

"Ohhhhh! You're my new neighbor across the street?" Her eyes light up.

"Wait, what house do you live in?" I'm very intruiged now. Neighbor??

"The blue one.  I've been meaning to introduce myself but I didn't want to intrude since you just moved in."

"Oh my gosh, you're the one right across me?? I've been wondering who lived in that beautiful blue house."

"What a small world!  You've done an amazing job with the house by the way.  It looks so different now.  It looks brand new!"

"Thank you.  The contractor did a really good job.  They were able to do the renovations in one week."

Photobucket

"So where did you move from?" She asks.

Oh boy.  This question again.  I might as well get used to it.  I just need to evade the question enough so that they don't keep pushing the issue.

"Bridgeport.  I got tired of the city life so I thought I'd try the country.  I'm loving it so far.  It's so peaceful here." 

Not bad!  Why didn't I come up with that before??

"Ah, Bridgeport.  I've been there once.  Big city with beautiful skyscrapers.  I don't blame you.  It was too fast for me." She laughs.

Photobucket

"What about you?  Did you move here too?" I ask, now curious about the lady who happens to be my neighbor.

"No, I actually grew up here.  My parents owned the house I live in but they passed away."

"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss."  I squeeze her arm.  Normally I don't touch people I just met but somehow I feel very comfortable around her.  She seems like someone I can be good friends with.

"It's okay.  My father was killed in a car accident when I was little, so I never really knew him.  My mother passed a few years ago.  She lost the battle to cancer."  There's sadness in her eyes, but there's also great strength in spirit.  She looks like a woman who has accepted the unfairness in life, and simply let go and moved on. Maybe one day I can also have that same strength so I can finally be free of the demons from my past.

Photobucket

"You know, my first day here, I bought a horse.  I've always wanted one." I try to lighten the mood by sharing how I got Mr. Nunu.

"That's great!  I wish I had enough space for a stable. Otherwise, I would have gotten one too.  My grandfather owned this huge ranch and he had dozens of horses.  I grew up around them."

"That's awesome! There was only one problem..."

"What's that?"

Photobucket

"I didn't have a house or a stable."

"Bahaha!  Where did you put him?" She laughs, and it lights up her whole face.  You would never guess that she went through such losses in her life.

"Well, I made the cab driver drive me around town until I saw the ranch.  And it happened to be for sale.  So I went for it."

"Wow.  It was fate.  I mean really, that never happens.  An elderly couple lived in your house for years but they left.  And it wasn't until two weeks ago that I saw the for sale sign."

"Oh wow.  That is crazy.  But the cab driver told me that they passed away."

"Oh.  I didn't know that. That makes a lot of sense.  I've been wondering why they left their horse behind."

"What do you mean?"

"The horse I see in your yard.  He looks exactly like the horse they had.  His name was Pascal or Rascal or something.  I forget."

Suddenly I get goosebumps all over my body.  Holy shit, Mr. Nunu was their horse!! And I happened to buy him and that house on the same day I ran off to this town.  This is getting really creepy.  Either this is fate at its finest or someone is really messing with me up there.

Photobucket

"Whoa. Are you okay?  Look at the hair on your arms!" She points out.

"Uhh..yeah.  It's just that...I bought Mr. Nunu from the equestrian center the same day I moved to town.  His name used to be Rascal.  How is that possible that I randomly picked out the very same house and horse they used to own?  I've never seen either of them."

"I'm telling you.  It's fate.  Maybe  you didn't choose them.  Maybe they chose you."

Holy crap.  This is too crazy even for me to comprehend.

Photobucket

"I have to go, but it's so nice to finally meet you.  You're welcome to visit me anytime."  She offers.

"You too, Geri.  Likewise.  I could use the company."

"Jackie!! Come on precious, we need to go!" She hollers as she heads towards the lady playing with her dog.

Photobucket

Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade
Date: Tuesday, 10/25/11
Date: 7:40 p.m.


I finally feel ready to check my email when I got home.  A part of me wonders if anyone tried to call me or look for me.  Since I disconnected my Bridgeport number, the only other way they can contact me is through email.  Oh crap.  I forgot to call my job.  They are probably looking for me.  Shit. There goes my career.  Well, either I left town or my body turned up this week.  If there's  such a thing as a bright side, it could be worse.  I could be dead. I can always find another job, I can always find another home, I can always start my own extended family, make new friends, heck I can even find another man to love.  But to come back from the dead?  Yeah....not exactly an option.

I take a deep breath as I glance at the number of new messages: 77.  Who are they from?  Should I click on it now?  Yes, I should.  I need to.  Okay, here we go. One click, and I am bombarded by familiar names.  Names that I have pushed out of my mind.  There are a few from the hospital, looking for me and wondering if I'm okay.  There are a few from my friends and family.  And there are a few from him.  Eleven to be exact.  A part of me is relieved that they tried to contact me, but a part of me is now reminded of why I left.  But instead of clicking on the sign out button, I click on his latest email instead. 

"Lyn,

Please call me.  I'm worried sick about you and I don't know where you're at.  Your number is disconnected.  Are you okay?  I am so sorry.  I really fucked it up.  I don't expect you to forgive me but I just need to know that you're okay.  God, I miss you. I think about you all the time. I have never stopped loving you.

Love,

Brad"


Tears cascade down my cheeks as his words flow through my mind and ooze down my heart.  As much anger and hate that I have for him, and as damaged as my heart is, I have longed to hear from him.  I needed to know that he still cares, and my absence affected him greatly.  Does that matter now? It shouldn't.  But I can't explain how much I miss him, his voice, his touch, his kiss, his scent, his smile, the way his body feels next to mine.  I miss those pale blue eyes.  I miss getting lost in them.  Why won't my heart let me forget about him and move on?

Photobucket

"The smell of your skin lingers on me now

You're probably on your flight
Back to your home town 

I need some shelter of my own protection, baby 
To be with myself and center 
Clarity, peace and serenity"

In an attempt to soothe my own loneliness, I hang on to Mr. Nunu.  He seems to understand my need for comfort, so he stands still and lets me hug him for a while.  There are no need for words.  I close my eyes, feeling grateful that I still have my beloved beast. 

Photobucket

After putting Mr. Nunu in the stall, I decide to make salad for dinner.  I start thinking about Brad and his email as I pierce the leafy greens with my fork.  I start to wonder where he's at right now, who he's with.  And if he's thinking about me. 

"And I'm gonna miss you
Like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on

With my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry"


Photobucket

After loading the dishwasher, I get the sudden urge to look across the street.

Photobucket

Chills run down my spine as I see a transparent figure roaming the house right across me.

What the hell??

Photobucket

Then it disappears when a car pulls out of the driveway.

Photobucket

Suddenly, living alone has lost its appeal.  Now I'm afraid to sleep by myself.  What if that thing visits me in my room at night?  I wish Nikki was here.  I seriously need to get a dog. If my house is haunted too, I'm screwed.  I don't even know where I'd go.

Photobucket

Now I'm scared to go to sleep.  I'm all by myself.  What the hell did I get myself into??

Morning needs to freaking hurry up. NOW.

Photobucket

*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie
Video by: FergieVEVO


22 comments:

  1. Hehe. I'll take that as a compliment. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Jackie's owner seems really nice! Lyn really needs a girlfriend, so hopefully they can become great friends! Lyn also really needs a dog though. Well, at the very least someone that can protect her from the scary neighbor ghost! Guard cat maybe? :P

    I'm glad that Lyn didn't get defensive when Geri asked where Lyn moved from. Too bad she didn't do that with David, but maybe it's best in the long run. If they end up having some sort of relationship, then he'll know her vulnerabilities, and can maybe help mend them?

    I'm not sure what to think about the e-mail though! I know it must have been very hard for her to read, but it will make her stronger. And at least Mr. Nunu was there to comfort her after she read it.

    Great update Lyn!!

    ♥ and harp strings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG its me. you have me as a neighbor! and with a dog, lol, i have one in RL pug, name is scamps, he runs off too. LOL.. That email, o o o what can that come to. Good or bad, remember Jerry has been there too. Maybe bf's is great, and all. gads its still a surprise, i expected one of the others first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, long time no see! How have you been? Jackie's owner is actually Jerry. She's "Sirona" in the forums. I tried to download you and Tori so you can all be roommates in AP, but I had problems with crashes. So I was only able to upload Jerry without any problems. What a bummer because I really wanted to have all of you guys as my simself's girlfriends in AP.
    Hmmm...maybe I can try again later.

    Kate, again, I am impressed by your insight on the characters. You're right, maybe it's better to confide in a girlfriend first. That way when she's ready to get involved with a guy, she won't be as defensive. She may ever start to open up again.

    The email was definitely a long time coming. I knew I wanted to work it in, I just didn't know when. Yes, it was hard for her but she needed to see it. She needed to know. I think if something happened to Mr. Nunu, she will probably lose it and just drive off a cliff.

    Thanks Kate, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I commented on your update as well. Poor Billy. lol I agree, she needs to get a dog to help her feel safe and secure. Hmm..maybe she needs to sneak in her old condo and kidnap Nikki from the ex. lol OMG, you crack me up at guard cat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jerry! Awww, you have a small dog in real life?? How adorable is that, and he's also a sprinter! I actually named Jackie after your horse JackRabbit. But since your house didn't have a stable, I got you a dog instead. Plus I needed a way for us to run into each other. lol

    That email definitely puts her in a dilemna. He still loves her and thinks about her, but she's still dealing with the aftermath of what he did. I wish I can tell you guys but I want you to see for yourself what happened. Then you guys can decide if he's worth her time.

    The good thing is that she has a new friend in her neighbor, and they can both help each other out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! i'd be freaked out too. There seems to be a lot going on in that street, ghosts roaming around and possibly haunted houses! I need David to move in with Lyn ASAP.

    Damn when she read Brad's e-mail so many emotions ran through me. I felt like I was there with her. Her sadness is so overwhelming, I can just hug her.

    Really, like I said on my blog, your stories hardly need any improving. You write beautifully!

    Now I'm sad because I've run out of chapters to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, AP is crazy! Unicorns, ghosts, what's next UFO's?? Just the neighborhood alone has some crazy history. I will definitely going to find more more about that house and if that ghost was just passing through or if it's being haunted. When I saw that figure I got creeped out too. I didn't expect it.

    I know, I was getting a little emotional for her just writing it and trying to imagine what she must be feeling. Believe me, I've been there. I have longed for that an ex and shed my share of tears. I'm glad you were able to feel the level of heartbreak she's going through. If I could tell you what happened, you would understand why she's so screwed up. lol

    Awww, thank you so much Valpre, gosh...I still feel like I have so much to improve on. I've learned a lot just by reading your story and looking at your blog.

    Don't be sad! Although that can be a good thing because that means you're enjoying the story.
    I will be working on a update tonight so hopefully it will be ready tomorrow.

    I can't wait for your next update, especially another hot scene. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. She thinks that she can run away but after that email, she knows that she'll never be able to escape her feelings and memories. Great chapter! I'm anxious to finally see Brad and what happens with David.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right. She may be able to run from her hometown but it's harder to escape her mind and what her heart feels. I completely agree with you on that. Trust me, I've been there.

    Brad will make his appearance soon. And we'll see what happens with David after that.

    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm off to read yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What if the lake monster gets you?
    ^^ Yeah let's scare the harmless stranger listening in to your conversation with Jackie. What if there really IS a lake monster? Then what? You've scarred someone from ever loving the water again because if you think I'm swimming with Nessy you're completely jacked!

    OMG! That's why he seemed so comfy in his "new" surroundings! And I'm with Lyn, that's TOTAL "whoa" factor. I'd be scared too how all those events seemed to collide with one another.

    Lyn and Geri seem really great together at first meeting. I like this; she seems really great at getting to know people. I hope she can use Geri as a model and find the right outlet to release her pain.

    Oh crap. I forgot to call my job. They are probably looking for me. Shit. There goes my career.
    ^^HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG! Why didn't she call the first time she forgot/remembered that job? LOLOL Poor baby she is utterless hopeless. The country is doing a GREAT job of distracting her though it's distracting her from the WRONG things LOL. Too funny! The way she rationalized it made me shake my head. Yes it's not likely to return from the dead but you're alive! You were just reveling in the moment at the beach! Call those people; even if it's late if you had any type of relationship with your "boss" an "I'm sorry things got crazy and I had to bail" phone call is warranted. Might even save face and you'd get a nice letter of reference out of it...maybe.

    Um...ok...I have to admit the douche's email was kinda, sorta touching :( asshole. You can't weasle your way in after what you did you ass nugget! You hurt Lyn and I'm on her side...unless you're a total hottie then I'm bailing on her.

    **New York Accent** Hey Brad, how you doin'?

    And back in reality I could NEVER abandon my Lyn! Not after everything she's going through. We could have a cookie dough picture burning girls night! Always fun! (Unless it's with my sister who enjoys stabbing holes in expensive clothes with REALLY sharp knives...then it's scary and I'm heading for the door).

    What if that thing visits me in my room at night?
    ^^^HAHA Yeah no shit. Sleep with the lights on tonight girlie! That thing can fucking drive! Abandon all hope Lyn and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daijah, that would be so cool if there really was a sea monster hiding under the lake. How would I pull that off? Photoshop?? I will definitely be exploring the connection between Lyn, Mr. Nunu, the house and the previous owners of the house. That will bring so many possibilities for the story, and it will give a bigger picture of what the characters play in her life.

    I agree, Geri is a source of inspiraton for her and she couldn't have come at a better time or location than being her neighbor. That woman has been through way more than Lyn, and they can really help each other out. She can definitely use a girlfriend to confide in and help her sort through her issues.

    I know, right?? She is hopeless, and she definitely tries to look at the bright side of things. lol Bahahaa you're all taking about a letter of reference. Is that even possible at this point? She went AWOL without even telling anybody. Then again, even if she calls her job, it's not like she's going to go back. She just bought a new house, and she really needs to sort a lot of things out before she visits Bridgeport again.

    Haha so the douche is warming up to you huh?? I agree, that email almost made me forget what he did. Almost. Assnugget?? lol Look Mom, I just learned a new word today! XD OMG some loyalty you have! "Yeah girly, I got your back...oh crap he's hot!" *pushes her out of the way* lol

    I love your New York accent!! That's totally what Joey from Friends would say. Awwww, you're so sweet, I love how you're so supportive of her, it warms my heart. Ooooh yeah cookie dough picture burning night!! That sounds fun! Ummm..destroying expensive clothes?? What, is your sister rich or something?? And anything that involves a scorn woman with a sharp knife: the outcome can never be good. Unless there's lots of liquor involved. XD What is this, a Waiting to Exhale moment?? lol

    I know, right?? That thing is freakin driving away in a car. Geeez, seriously. Crazy. And if she runs where is she gonna go??? She already run from Bridgeport! O.O Unless...she figures out where David is staying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well if you WANT to edit the pic you can use Photoshop. If it were me and since I'm lazy, I'd use the dragon car and an OMSP and place the car under the water. Shopping pics is HARD and TIME CONSUMING! Who has that kind of patience? (Not me! Too busy being lazy)

    HAHA YES Waiting to Exhale! My sister sat in the MIDDLE OF HER LIVING ROOM burning her ex boyfriend's jeans. She then took a butcher knife and went nuts on his shoes, prada and whatever else was in that closet. I left her there moping. Just a tad bit scary the way she wielded that thing and I wasn't about to say the wrong thing and take the shot intended for that asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daijah, I agree, that does sound like a lot of work. Dragon car and OMSP?? I don't even know what that is, and it already sounds complicated. lol So I'll take your word for it. I'll find something else I can do with the lake.

    Ohhhh she burned her ex's clothes?? Damn she pulled an Angela Basset on him?? He must have really fucked up!! Haha you were smart for not pissing her off even more. Scorned women are SCARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a lot of trouble at all see--

    Dragon car: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=408412

    OMSP:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=428179

    Place the car on the OMSP and lower it under the water BOOM Lake Monster :D

    And yes, he had a baby by another girl and never bothered to mention it...must have slipped his mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the links!! I'll be sure to check them out.

    WHAAAT??? That douche got another girl pregnant and never told her?? No wonder she fucked up his clothes. He deserved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what..who the hell was that in the car! I bet it's Geri's grandpa!
    Geri is really nice by the way. I could really see her and Lyn becoming really good friends.
    That picture of Jackie playing with that random lady was hilarious to me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL I know, that last pic really creeped me out!! He just drove off just like that. O.o And Lyn lives by herself, so she was really creeped out. I agree, Geri is a really nice lady, and they can be a source of support for each other. Lord knows she needs all the female friends she can get.

    Haha Jackie definitely isn't shy. Geri needs to be careful before someone takes off with her dog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has to be fate! It has to be! What are the odds of getting a horse and moving into the house that was owned but the horses previous owners? Geri seems really nice! She can help Lyn adjust to country living, being the city girl that she is. That ghost had to be her Dad. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Qui,

    YES, I agree! All of the coincidences in the story add up just a little too well, and I really think there's a connection between Lyn, AP, Mr. Nunu, the house and the previous owners. My job will be to figure out what that is, and to tie everything together.

    Geri is a sweetheart, and with her living across the street, she can also be a great source of support. She can really help Lyn out, and even maybe help her heal, having been through her own share of tragedies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no..i'm a big chicken of the dark as well so i feel for her..i was rooting for her to run to the bed,jump in and cover her head! it helps honest=b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL awwww, I used to do that a lot when I was younger. And sometimes I still do when a scary movie freaks me out. xD This is the first time she has ever live alone, so it will take some getting used to.

      Thanks for reading, Edenz!

      Delete