Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tour Of The House

With a little redecorating, paint and landscaping, the house is finally done to my liking.  Introducing the Santori Estates (Renovated Version).  Now I can finally focus on the story. lol


Photobucket


View of the whole ranch.


Photobucket


The front entrance.  I wasn't too crazy about the purple/green paint combo so I changed the siding to a warm beige.  I would have preferred a black roof but it wouldn't let me change the color.  I added some plants, trees, redid the banister, stairs and porch floor.


Photobucket


Here's the whole front with the 2-car garage and stable.


Photobucket


The back of the house.  I loved the original plantation shutters but I wanted to to add more windows.  So I couldn't keep them.


Photobucket


The paddock fence is now white.


Photobucket


The whole training area.


Photobucket


This is the kitchen.  I didn't like the way they had the cabinets, everything was just in the way.  I also wasn't too crazy about the cabinet/counter color scheme.  So I added black cabinets with matching black counters yet still maintain that rustic feel with the stone wall.


Photobucket


This is the solarium.  I changed the chairs, floor and color of the windows.  Everything else I left as is.


Photobucket


A better view of the island.  I didn't realize I forgot to add the microwave and food processor until I saw these pics. I love eat-in kitchens!


Photobucket


Now we're going into the sunroom, where the dining room is.


Photobucket


This is the dining room.  I added the windows to make it a sunroom.


Photobucket


With the china cabinet.


Photobucket


Now we're heading upstairs to the second floor.


Photobucket


To the left is my room, and to the right is the second bedroom.


Photobucket


Now we're going into my bedroom.


Photobucket


This is what you see when you walk in.


Photobucket


My bed...with me sleeping in it. Hehe.


Photobucket


Showing some of the view and reading area.  I wanted this room to be light, airy and soothing, hence the light colors.


Photobucket


A glimpse of the view that I wake up to every morning.


Photobucket


You can see the lake from here.


Photobucket


The view from the front of the house.  I love the fall colors.


Photobucket


I love how I can see the mountains even from this angle.


Photobucket


The other view that I wake up to, opposite from the lake.


Photobucket


The master bathroom.


Photobucket


Passing the dresser as we leave my bedroom.


Photobucket


Now we're heading towards the second bedroom.


Photobucket


I chose the aqua color because it makes me daydream of a tropical beach, and it's soothing.  This room has a fireplace and two twin beds.


Photobucket


A separate desk with this bed.


Photobucket


The view from the front of the house.


Photobucket


The view from the back of the house.  This bed also has a separate desk.


Photobucket


The second upstairs bathroom.


Photobucket


Now we're back downstairs, looking into the living room from the kitchen.


Photobucket


This is the living room.


Photobucket


The angle from the desk.


Photobucket


The fireplace.


Photobucket


Looking towards the front of the house.


Photobucket


Looking towards the front door.


Photobucket


Looking towards the downstairs bathroom.


Photobucket


This is the bathroom with the broken lever.  I left the toilet that way it is (yes, even the pink) because I'm waiting for Benjamin to fix it. ;-)


Photobucket


Now back to the kitchen. Thanks for looking! I also uploaded this house on the exchange in case you're interested in downloading it.

8 comments:

  1. Lyn, oh. my. god. SERIOUSLY. You did SUCH an amazing job, I can't get over it. The house is stunning, and I love the color schemes you did.

    Simply put, you inspire me to try this on my own. But I know I'm not as talented as you are, because I can never make my sim houses look like a real house =3

    LOVE it!! So freaking much!!

    ♥ and harp strings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Kate, you're so sweet!! Thank you so much!! I'm blushing at your comment, since I'm average at decorating. ANd I SUCK at building. Have no clue how to make houses not look like a partitioned square. lol So your kind words really mean a lot because I wasn't sure if the color scheme worked or not. All I know is that I wanted the house to be light, cozy and airy like a country house.

    Seeing the white fence on your house was what inspired me to renovate mine. I love the look of your white fence!! So if I can do it, you can too. Just imagine how your dream house would look like and try to replicate that. I know I did. Now I want to live in that ranch. lol And are you kidding me?? Not as talented as me?? You don't give yourself enough credit, Kate. You just got featured for your creativity with Sparkle!!

    I also don't spend as much time on houses as I do creating sims. So this time, I really planned out how I wanted it to look, like a general theme/repeating color. And I did it one room at a time until all rooms are finished. It took me two weeks. lol So just spend a little more time on a house that you'd like to showcase, and really make it your own. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn,

    The house looks great! I cannot build or decorate to save my absolute life so I always respect those who can create beautiful, realistic homes. I love the fall colors as well, as fall is my favorite season. I'm glad I'm finally caught up - now I can just anticipate the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lauren, I'm glad you like the house! I can't build and I'm okay at decorating, but I put more effort into the decor of this house than usual. I'm always impressed by people who can create and decorate such amazing houses. I wish I had their patience. lol

    Thanks for following this story! I'm a little behind on yours since I've been busy trying to juggle both of mine. But I'll be sure to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn,

    No rush to get caught up. It's not going anywhere anytime soon and plus, it's a LOT of reading. :/ I'm just trying to get it done before school starts in the spring.

    I can't build (my home is downloaded) or decorate and a lot of places I use are actually just sets.

    I'm still on the fence about Benjamin vs. David. Or maybe, neither?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe. Benjamin vs. David. Or maybe the neither part can be because of the ex? XD

    Only time can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The makeover is gorgeous. Love what you did with it. You know the longer I read this the more you make me want to play AP. It's a gorgeous town, and a perfect setting for Lyn's story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Valpre! I'm glad you like the house. I spent two weeks on this house, I really wanted it to look nice for the story since it's a part of the setting.

    You should definitely play AP again! It's gorgeous, and it's so peaceful. You can always find an excuse to add it to your story. Perhaps a family vacation for Krysis and Leigh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete