Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Seven (Fade Into You)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 26 (Secret Garden)
-Seeing Lyn's face light up was worth the four hour trip...and beating Brad's ass.
-I loved watching her make hot dogs in front of me, especially the way her shirt clung to her breasts.
-I felt very comofortable in her house, as if I've been there before.  I started to wonder if we knew each other in another life.
-It took all of my self-control not to grab her beautiful face and taste her lips again when she told me not to leave.
-As I watched her kiss Mr. Nunu goodnight in such a nurturing way, I imagined her being a great mom...to my own children.

*Strong language* 

Photobucket

Location: Adventure Landing
Date: Saturday, 10/29/11
Time: 9:15 p.m.

As we pull up to the lake, I can see the steps leading to the deck, perfectly nestled between two large sand dunes.  If it wasn't for the warm glow of the street light, it would be hard to figure out where the entrance is.  It's very dark here at night.  Unlike Bridgeport, where the high rises brighten up the whole city, it wouldn't be a good idea to be out alone, especially at night.  The thought of Lyn living by herself in this strange town worries me.  What if someone breaks in her house?  What if she's out by herself and someone attacks her? It doesn't help that I live over 200 miles away.  If something happens to her, I don't know what I'd do.

"We're here." She turns towards me as she shuts off the ignition.

"It's really close to your house." I unbuckle my seatbelt as I look around to see if there are other people out and about.  So far, the place looks empty.

"I know, that's what I love about it. You ready?" Throwing her keys in her purse, she slides out of the driver's seat.

"Yeah." I can hear Nikki pacing impatiently behind me in the cab.  Even she knows this is going to be a fun place, especially with the water.  After I push the seat forward, she hops out, her nose following whatever scent is being blown by the breeze.

Photobucket

"Wow..." I am at a loss for words as my eyes scan this magnificent view.  Gone are the bright high rises, smog-inducing cars passing by and crowds of people in a hurry.  It is so quiet, that all I hear is the gentle lapping of waves on the sandy shore.  It is so peaceful that I can feel the cool breeze brushing against my face, reminding me that fall is here.  The sky is so bright, it looks like it's filled with crushed white diamonds, sparkling everywhere.  I used to stargaze when I was a kid, but I've never seen them like this, when there are so many that I feel like they're watching me instead.

"I know.  This place is amazing." She turns to me with a smile before she looks back up.

"Is it me or is the air fresher too?" I take large, luxurious breaths, feeling my lungs become cleaner.  There's no smog, no residue from the factories.  Just the pure, moist air coming from the lake and trees.

"Haha.  It's fresher.  And cleaner." She inhales from her nose repeatedly, causing her breasts to move up and down.

"Umm...yeah..." I look away, pretending to be fascinated by the full moon slowly moving in our direction.

Photobucket

I wish I can wrap my arms around her waist as we look up at the sky together.  I would bury my face on her neck, letting the fruity scent of her hair drown me, making me squeeze her even tighter.  I would lightly brush my lips against her neck as I inhale her skin, causing her to shiver.  As we try to slow down our breathing, my hands would travel down to her hips as I press myself against her, loving the warmth of her body.  I would hear those soft whimpers again, driving me crazy, as I start to feel a strain in my pants.  Knowing this, she would grind against me, torturing me, pushing the limits of my self-control.  Then she'll take my hands and place them on her soft, supple breasts.  Those breasts that I've been longing to touch...and taste.  I would squeeze them until I hear a soft moan escape her lips, as she arches her back against me, letting herself go..and just surrender...

"Luke?" Her voice snaps me out of my daze.

"Huh?" I quickly look down to see if I have a tent.  To my relief, it's not obvious.  Damn, just thinking about it gets me hard.

"I asked if you were okay. You got quiet."

"Oh, um..I was just enjoying the view." I let out a deep, measured breath, trying to make my pulse slow down.  Get it together, Luke.

Photobucket

I turn my attention on Nikki, who is happily drinking the crystal-clear water.  This is just as much her first time here as it is mine.  That thought puts a smile on my face and helps get rid of my hard-on.  I can just see it. Lyn catching the bulge in my pants, getting freaked out.  Yeah, that's the last thing she needs right now.  Another guy screwing her over.  Literally.  I need to watch myself if I'm going to last three days here.

"She's gonna love it here.  She can go swimming everyday!" I can feel myself slowly sinking into the wet sand, so I a take a step back.

"I know.  I'm just so happy she's here."

"Just her?"

"Yup. Just her." She narrows her eyes at me as a smile forms on her face.

"Okay, I see how it is.  I better go then." I sigh as I start to walk away, pretending to act disappointed.

"Luke! Where are you going?" She grabs my arm.  Just the touch of her hand makes my pulse jump.

"I'm going home." I turn around, only to find myself within inches from her face.  With her hand still grasping my arm, her liquid brown eyes glisten like thick honey under the moonlight. Those eyes. I know those eyes. In my weak state of consciousness, this sea of honey pulls me in, making it impossible to look away...or wake up.

Photobucket

"Um...you too." She mutters as her hot breath grazes my mouth.  As she averts my gaze, her hands slowly travel up my arms until they rest on my chest, burning through the fabric of my shirt. My eyes become fixated on the warmth of her hands.  Can she feel my heart going crazy? Does she know what she's doing to me? I close my eyes, praying that her hands stay in place.  If she moves them up or down, that's it.  She's going to be on her back, on the ground, with me on top of her.

"W-what?" I open my eyes, planting my feet firmly on the sand.

"You too.  I'm happy that you're here too." As if caught in an epiphany, her hands slide away from my chest, leaving it cold and hollow.

"Oh, I was just joking." 

"I'm not.  You don't know how happy I am that you're here, Luke.  Thank you." She squeezes my hand with such sincerity in her eyes.  I just want to wrap my arms around her.  But I'm afraid I won't be able to let her go.

Photobucket

 "Look at the full moon.  It's so bright now." She sighs with wistful eyes.  I know what she's thinking.  With the full moon, the stars and the water, this would be the perfect romantic setting.  It makes me wonder who she's thinking about right now.  Is she thinking about Brad?  Did she used to do this with him?

"Did you know that farmers used to harvest their crops during a full moon?  That's how bright it gets sometimes." I try to lighten the mood with this random information.

Photobucket

"Oh, I didn't know that.  That's awesome! I can also imagine that it's cooler too.  They don't have to deal with the heat in the daytime."

"Only firefighters do." 

"Haha.  But you guys are heroes.  You risk your lives for strangers." 

"Aww, thank you.  We're not heroes.  Just ordinary people who want to help." I lean back to stretch, but I accidentally place my hand on top of hers.  "Oh...sorry..."

"It's okay..." She stammers, but she doesn't move her hand away.  

"I wanna hold 
The hand inside you
I wanna take 
The breath that's true
I look to you
And I see nothing
I look to you
To see the truth"

Photobucket

We sit there in silence, not knowing what to say.  The only thing on my mind is the warmth and softness of her skin.  I find the courage to caress her fingers gently, wondering if I'm crossing the line.  At the same time, it feels so nice to finally be able to touch her.  I'm trying so hard to be her friend, but my feelings for her are anything but platonic.  I've wanted her since we met, even though it was wrong. I could not get her out of my mind.  The things that I want to do to her...for her...would make even my brother Nate blush.  And he's a big perv.

Photobucket

"I used to sit in my backyard at night when I was little.  I'd look at the stars and feel so lonely.  I'd wonder if someone was out there doing the same thing, you know? If they were thinking of me." She scoots closer until our sides touch.

Now the warmth of her body is radiating onto mine, making me lose my sense of coherence.  I can now smell her intoxicating perfume, teasing my nose, provoking me to taste her skin.  My mind is trying to process what she just said.

"Luke?"

"Uhh..yeah.  Me too." I swallow, wishing I gave her a better answer.  Mmm...even the way she says my name.  It's like a sweet caress to my ears.  I want to hear it over and over again.

"What?? You used to wonder the same thing?" She turns to me in surprise.

"Yeah, I did.  I used to..."

"What?"

"Don't laugh, okay?"

"Tell me!"

Photobucket

"Superman has always been my favorite superhero.  I used to pretend I was him when I was little.  So I used to wonder if I even had a..."

"What? Ugh, you're killing me!"

"Well...if I had a Lois Lane." The minute this name comes out of my mouth, I feel as if I just gave a private part of myself...to Lyn.  Noone, not even my mom knows about my search for Lois Lane.  I was too scared to tell anyone, especially my knucklehead brothers.  I couldn't risk them laughing at this precious dream that I held close to my heart.  

"Aww, Luke, that is so sweet."  She sighs, placing her hand on her chest with a dreamy look on her face.

"I swear, if you tell anybody, you're dead." I shake my head in embarassment, my cheeks feeling hot.

"Jeez, already threatening violence.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm worse.  I'm hopeless."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, you know the movie 'Pretty Woman'?" 

"Yeah."

"I used to dream of my knight in shining armor coming to rescue me, just like Edward."

Photobucket

"You wanted to get pimped out to a rich guy?" I chuckle, already regretting what I just said.

"Haha. Shut up! It's not like that!" She punches me on the arm, but at least she's laughing.

"I'm not rich but I can pay you in other ways." I wiggle my eyebrows, challenging her.  Oh shit, what am I saying?

"Are you calling me a hooker?!" She gives me the evil eye as she pinches the same arm. Hard.

"OW! No!"

"Take it back!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!"

Photobucket

"Look, Lyn, there's the Andromeda Galaxy!" I make a peace offering by pointing out the largest object visible to the naked human eye.

"How did you know that?" She looks at me in awe, her contagious smile returning.

"I took a few Science classes in college.  I really liked the astronomy stuff."

"Where did you go to college?"

"Bridgeport University."

"What did you major in?"

"Criminal Justice."

"Oooh, nice.  So you're into fighting crime like Superman, huh?"

"Haha.  You can say that."

Photobucket

A gust of cold wind moves in our direction.  She sits up straight as she folds her arms, rubbing them up and down with her hands.  With the sleeveless top and shorts that she's wearing, I know she felt that chill.  Although I'm not complaining about what she's wearing one bit.

"Lyn, it's getting chilly.  Maybe we should head back." I suggest, seeing that Nikki already fell asleep.

"Nooo, not yet.  I'm okay." Despite her protest, she's starting to shiver.

"Come here, let me keep you warm." I scoot back, opening my arms and giving her enough space to to sit in front of me.  She hesitates, looking at me with shyness in her eyes.  "I won't bite, I promise.  I just don't want you to be cold."

The moment her back touches my chest, I'm overwhelmed by how close she is to me.  The things that I imagined in my head earlier just became a reality: the fruity scent of her hair, the warmth and softness of her body, the way our arms graze against each other. Damn, she feels good.  I can easily bury my face in her neck and taste her skin.  My hands are within a grasp of her breasts.  Shit, if I get a hard-on, she's going to feel it.  I can't be thinking about that stuff. I just need to savor the moment, and be happy that she's in my arms right now.

"How come I never saw you on campus?" She asks, slightly leaning against me.

"I'm not sure.  I probably graduated before you." If she turns around, her lips are close enough to bump into mine.

"That's right, that was probably around the time I met---"

Brad.

She becomes completely silent.

"Are you okay?" I can feel her body becoming stiff, as if she's pulling away from me.

".............."

"Lyn..."

The moment she stopped speaking, I knew.  I know she's thinking about Brad.  She's thinking about what she shared with him, and what went wrong.  I remember how excited Brad was when he first told me about Lyn, when he met her at the library.  He used to talk about her all the time.  He would get this dazed look in his eyes when he spoke her name, as if she was some goddess that took mercy on his mortal soul.  He used to tell me all the nasty details about his sex life with other women, but not with her.  In fact, I didn't really hear much from him since the night of the party.

"W-why, L-Luke? W-why d-did he have t-to---" Through muffled sobs, her body shakes as she covers her face with her hands.

"Shhh...it's okay.  Come here." I lay on my back, letting her body fall on me.

Photobucket

"W-why? W-why c-couldn't I m-make him h-happy?" She desperately clings to me, her legs tangled with mine.

"He didn't know what he had..." I caress her back, pulling her close until there's no space between our bodies.  I can already feel her tears soaking through my shirt.

"B-but w-why did he h-have to s-sleep with m-my s-sister?"

"He thought we were sleeping together.  I'm so sorry, Lyn.  This was partly my fault.  If he never caught us kissing, you might still be together."

"N-no, Luke.  We were already h-having problems before that.  He just stopped caring."

Photobucket

"That's the part I don't understand.  How could he take you for granted? He didn't even know how lucky he was."

"Aww, thank you.  It's not even about him being lucky.  I just wanted him to make an effort, especially since we were having---"

"Wait, are you pregnant?"

"I was 10 weeks pregnant...but I lost the baby..." A sigh escapes her mouth as she grabs my shirt and holds on to it.

"What??"

"That night he caught us kissing, we got into a fight.  And he walked out.  A few hours later, I had a miscarriage."

"Lyn...fuck.  I'm sorry.  Did he take you to the hospital?"

"No, I couldn't reach him.  I couldn't reach anybody."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't want to bother you.  I already caused enough trouble."

"You live your life
You go in shadows
You'll come apart

And you'll go black
Some kind of night 

Into your darkness
Colors your eyes

With what's not there"

Photobucket

"Are you telling me that he was cheating on you when you lost the baby?!"

"Yeah...that's why I moved here.  Luke, when I saw him fucking her...in our bed...it was like he just ripped my heart out of my chest.  It was like he just spit on the last two years that we shared, like it was shit.  Like it meant nothing."

"Baby, I'm so sorry..."

"I thought he was the one.  He was supposed to be my husband.  He was supposed to be the father of my kids.  He was supposed to be my soulmate.  THAT MOTHERFUCKER!! I HATE HIM!!" She breaks down again, convulsing in tears, screaming. "I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM, I FUCKING HATE HIM!!"

"Let it out..."

"I hate that he made me think he loved me!! I hate that he acted all nice and sweet in the beginning!! I hate that he made me fall in love with him!! I hate that I actually thought he was the one!! I FUCKING HATE HIS ASS!!"

"I know..."

"And you know what I hate the most??"

"What?"

"I hate that I almost killed myself.  Luke, I was standing on the bridge.  Ready to jump.  When I caught them together, I ran out of the condo.  I was so humiliated.  He tried to get me to come back but I took a cab.  And...I told the cab driver to take me to the bridge...because I just couldn't deal with it.  The pain was just too much..."

"I'm gonna kill that motherfucker!!  When I see him again, he's gonna pay, I swear.  Y-you c-could have d-died, Lyn! I w-would have l-lost you!" My voice shakes as my eyes become flooded with tears. The thought of losing her just rips my heart apart.  Now that I'm here, holding her, knowing what she went through, just makes me want to protect her even more.  I've never felt more vulnerable with a woman until now, now that she opened up her heart to me and let me see her wounds.  I thought Brad and Natalie screwed me over, but my grief was nothing compared to what this woman went through.  
As long as I'm alive, noone, and I mean noone will hurt her again. 

Photobucket

Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade

Time: 12:42 a.m.

Even though we've been home for over two hours, I cannot sleep.  Flashbacks of Lyn crying in my arms keeps haunting me, breaking my heart each time.  What amazes me is her ability to still smile and carry on for me, knowing the kind of shit she had to deal with.  She was going to kill herself.  I could have lost her.  And it's all because of Brad.  Just the sound of that motherfucker's name makes my blood boil.  The only thing that's keeping me from jumping into my truck and speeding to Bridgeport...is Lyn.  I'm no use to her if I'm in prison for murder.  Death by strangulation and internal bleeding. Hit and run. Arson.  A bullet to the skull.

Photobucket

The next thing I know, she's standing in front of me in her nightgown, hugging her curves perfectly.  My heart races.  I thought she was already asleep.  Did I forget to close the door?  Why didn't I hear her come in?

"Lyn..." I feel frozen.  I don't know if I should stay in bed or plant my feet on the floor so I can move closer to her.

"Hey..." She whispers in a soft, velvety voice.  Her eyes.  They are dangerously vulnerable, just beckoning me to fulfill...something.  I don't know what it is, but there's a hunger that I've never seen before.

Photobucket

"What are you doing here? You should be in bed."

"I...um...I just..."

"Lyn..."

"Luke...make love to me." She presses her body against mine as she gently caresses my chest, making me suck in my breath.  My mind races.  My head spins.  I'm losing my common sense as her scent makes me even more weak.

"No...we can't." It takes every ounce of strength I have left to gently remove her hands from my chest.

"Please...I don't wanna be alone tonight." Her liquid brown eyes suck me in, tempting me to throw reason out the window.

My body is screaming for her, aching to ravage her pain away, until the only thing she's screaming is my name.  Yes. Use me.  Abuse me.  Fuck the shit out of me until you're done.  And when you want more, I'll be ready.

"I'm sorry, Lyn.  I'd rather drive back to Bridgeport right now than ruin what we have.  You need a friend and that's what I'm gonna be." I place my hands on her shoulders to prevent her from moving another inch, looking directly into her eyes so she knows I'm serious.

"Ughh...I hate you for being right." She looks away in disappointment.

"Sorry."

"Can you at least hold me til I fall asleep?"

"I can do that."

Photobucket

"Fade into you
Strange y
ou never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange 
You never knew"

*Copyright 2012 Lyn C.S.*
-----------------------------------

"Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star

Video by: MazzyStarVEVO

38 comments:

  1. I see another ass beating coming Brad's way. Luke didn't know she was pregnant and he certainly didn't know she thought about jumping. Knowing that Brad made her want to kill herself brought tears to his eyes. TEARS!!!

    It was funny hearing his thoughts about how he wanted to sleep with her. He is struggling to be just a friend for her right now but it's good that he is showing the self control physically at least to not cross that line right now.

    I hope once she's had the proper time to heal they will be together. I don't know why but I have this fear that she will start to see him as a reminder of Brad which would be a bad thing.

    Shirtless Luke...yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm afraid that if Luke gives Brad another beat-down, he might not survive. Especially now that he knows Lyn almost killed herself because of him. Luke will definitely need to control his emotions and find another way to deal with Brad. Unles he want to end up in prison. He has never seen anyone go through what Lyn went through, and for her to be the woman he deeply cares about, he was pretty shaken up. The idea that Brad hurt her so deeply that she didn't see the point in living...really struck a nerve.

      Haha I know, not being able to touch or kiss Lyn is really killing him. And it doesn't help that she practically threw herself at him, giving him the green light to rock her world. Luckily, he kept his self-control and resisted her advances. But how long can resist her while he's there? This is only Day 1.

      I see what you're saying about Brad being a negative reminder of Brad. It would be a shame if she can't get past that, but I guess only she can decide what she's comfortable with. Hopefully in time, Brad's affect on her will decrease, and she can fully move on.

      Haha there's more shirtless Luke in the next chapters. xD

      Thanks for reading, Jaz!

      Delete
  2. Words have escaped me so next chapter pleaseeeee:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'll take that as a compliment.

      Thanks for reading, Lckygrl!

      Delete
    2. It was meant as a compliment :) I just think everyone said what I would agree with :)

      Delete
  3. I'm no use to her if I'm in prison for murder. Death by strangulation and internal bleeding. Hit and run. Arson. A bullet to the skull.

    ^^^ Ok Mr. "Creepy-I'm-gonna-wait-in-an-alley-and-jump-out-and-kick-the-shit-out-of-you-for-fucking-with-my-brother", it's time you put one of those plans in action...but damn it like Lyn said: I hate you for being right

    I suppose jail is tragic even knowing you'd be doing society a great service in removing that scum off the face of the Earth. This was a very sweet chapter and I'm beyond thrilled her told her no and made sure she knew why. That she needed a friend not a lover and not someone she'd come to regret for "taking advantage".

    Luke was definitely the right solution to the situation and I hope soon Lyn starts to heal and get over Brad so these two can make a real effort at what they both want the most.

    I loved how she opened up to him. The "pregnancy" part caught me though when he asked if she was preggers. I wonder what he would have said or done had that been the case. I know he's a noble guy and all but that would have presented a problem for anyone ESPECIALLY Lyn if she was trying to get over that douche and having an 18 year commitment still tying her to his ass. As sick as it sounds I'm glad she lost the baby. That constant reminder would have only hindered things between Luke and Lyn.

    Anticipating Luke Vs Brad Round 2 when he gets home! I know people are so quick to blame parents and childhood and shit for the adults they grow to be but in reality you still have choices you can make and just because you got hit a few times as a kid does not give you the right or an excuse to be just as cruel and ruthless to other people. If anything it should be the total opposite since you know how that shit feels.

    I can't wait for the day Brad finds that out though. Someone needs to trample on him big time. I don't even care if he tries to become a real human being at some point. He is just lost to me and I want to see him get his ass kicked again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Daijah, you crack me up!! Damn, you make Luke sound all psycho!! But you know what? That's what happens when someone messes with his family. He will go batshit crazy on them, especially when it comes to his younger bros. I know you would love to see Luke elimanate Brad in the worst way, he might end up in prison. Unless he doesn't get caught...hmmm...

      Awww, thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. Lyn finally opened up about her what happened, and Luke was the perfect person to do that with. I really didn't expect her to be so angry. I was even surprised when I found myself typing in caps. I was like, WHOA! She's been holding a lot of stuff in! I agree, as much as it bruised Lyn's ego, it was good that Luke resisted her plea (though he wanted to...BAD). I mean, what do you say when the woman that you've craved for two years begs you to make love to her? I'm surprised he didn' get a hard-on on the spot. lol But he thought of their friendship and the long term. He also didn't want to take advantage of her, knowing what she went through. He'd be no different than any other guy.

      That part where he asked if she was pregnant felt awkward for me to write as well. Somehow, in my head, Luke already knew what she was going to stay before she said it. I thought he would be uncomfortable with the idea that Lyn was pregnant but he wasn't. It didn't bother him somehow. Maybe it's because she sees Lyn's maternal side. If you think about it, he shouldn't even be interested in her: Brad got her pregnant and did all kinds of freaky stuff withher. Basically his leftover. But he doesn't see that. If she was any other woman, maybe. But he only sees a wonderful woman with a large capacity to love, that could be the soulmate he's been searching for.

      I agree, it would have been more complicated if Lyn had the baby. Brad would have an excuse to be in her life, along with the drama. Nobody should ever have to lose a baby that they want but sometimes it's for the best. It will be easier for all parties to move on.

      Haha Luke Vs. Brad Round 2?? Damn, I didn't expect another showdown but I'm getting ideas. You're right though, it's unfortunate for people to have such crappy childhoods but in the end, they decide how they want to live their life. And that includes the decisions that they make. The problem is that they never learned the healthy ways to cope with problems and people, so they end up behaving just like their parents. And the cycle continues until someone decides it must stop with them.

      I think there's still hope for Brad. But it's going to be very challenging for him to redeem himself after the shit he's done. It's not impossible, but it's going to take a lot of work.

      Thanks for reading, D!

      Delete
    2. Every man and woman that's not a virgin to relationship (sexual or not) is someone else's leftover. :)

      Delete
    3. Haha true dat. We just prefer not to think about it. The thought that someone else used to do the nasty with our current man. lol

      Delete
  4. awwwww Luke is so sweet.

    I am really hoping she will be able to trust him and they will both have the relationship they deserve=).edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, and they will get there if Luke can keep his hands to himself. Lyn's ego may be bruised but in the long run she will understand that it's for the best. Luke is trying to build her trust in men again, and being there for her as a friend is the best way to do it, no matter how much they want to jump each other's bones.

      Thanks for reading, Edenz!

      Delete
  5. I loved the update,but I kinda hope that Luke doesn't beat Brad up again. I think that Luke not having anything more to do with Brad and Brad dealing with losing his girlfriend and best friend would be the best punishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I see what you're saying. To beat Brad up again will hurt him physically but it won't change what happened. Although right now, Luke doesn't care...his disgust over what Brad did is beyond description. I really hope that she'll find a less violent way to deal with Brad when he gets back. That if he still wants anything to do with him.

      I agree though, the real punishment is what Brad lost: his best friend and girlfriend, two people who truly cared for him. And I think it's going to sting even more if/when Luke and Lyn get involved in the future. When he sees that they are in love and happy, he will have to live with the fact that he really screwed it up.

      Thanks for reading, Kristine!

      Delete
  6. This is why I love Luke. He clearly has deep feelings for Lyn that could easily be labeled as love yet he refused to ruin their friendship right now. Part of me wishes Lyn could see how much Luke cares but right now she needs to heal and I want her to heal fully before she moves into something else. She just experienced the worse of heartaches.


    I love how much he was there for her! I swooned! teamLUKE! I hope these two can get together when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Luke definitely cares deeply for Lyn. So much so that he will do anything for her, even turn his back on his best friend just to defend her honor. As much as he desires her, he's really looking out for her best interest. Knowing how badly Brad hurt her and knowing what she went through, he never wants to see her like that again. It killed him just to see her in so much pain.

      In a way, it's good that she doesn't see the depth of Luke's feelings for her. Being a hopeless romantic that's still dealing with raw emotional pain, she can easily use that to use Luke as her rebound. Right now, she's not in the best state of mind. She's very emotional and vulnerable. And think that intense moment that they shared at the lake made her long for him even more, for that sexual healing that she desperately wants. So you're right, if she wants to get involved with Luke for the right reasons, she needs to heal on her own.

      Awwww, you swooned!! I did too. Haha teamLuke! I love it :-)

      Thanks for reading, Qui!

      Delete
  7. aww lyn, you are so sweet. I think your latest chapter 27 of memoirs was your best writing yet. it was a peaceful chapter yet it showed alot of emotion and feelings. I really liked it alot. I don't know what else to say but I glad you were able to fix your game. can't wait to see what happens next. Ps. I think it would be really cool if Brad really does get killed I love some violence. bye for now Wild Thang. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Tom, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I think this is probably the longest one I wrote, and the most emotional one so far. It definitely wiped me out by the time I posted it, but I'm happy that Lyn was finally able to deal with her emotions. She had them bottled up for a while. I'm glad I fixed my game too! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do the poses for the stories. Whew!

      Oh WOW, you want to see Brad kiled?? lol Damn...although some people think it's justice but I don't know if I have the heart to do it...unless the story jut calls for it. Hmmm...let me see what I can cook up.

      Thanks for reading, Tom!

      Delete
  8. It was a relief to show her letting out her emotions. Luke was just the person she needed to be the shoulder to cry on. I think Brad is going to get an ever bigger beat down now!! Although, in all due respect he didn't know she was pregnant so he shouldn't be beaten up for the cause for her miscarriage. He is a doctor he would have known not to put her in an hard emotional state if he knew. I think losing her is the best punishment of all for his actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was good to finally see her let go and let everything out. Lord knows she's been holding a lot of stuff in. Haha yeah, I'm really afraid for Brad now. Now that Luke knows that he cause her to almost kill herself, he better run and hide.

      Even though Brad wasn't directly responsible for her miscarriage, the fact that he walked out on her when she needed him the most...added to the stress, which may or may not have contributed to the loss of the baby. You're right though, someday he will learn that losing her is the hardest thing he'll have to deal with. But only if he matures enough to realize it.

      Thanks for reading, Dblonde!

      Delete
  9. Wow, that brought tears to my eyes. I understood even when she went to try and get him to woohoo/love.. nice way of saying it. That he had the control, very few men have in the world.

    Sadly i understand his wanting to hurt brad, now theres two things, his xgf, and lyn, and a loss of a baby, well guess that makes 4. lol the bridge too.
    But his best angle would be to Call Brad and tell him to never come near him or his again, To stay away from lyn. And then let brad feel the loss of pain, that he has caused to others, and i am going to say probably to others in his past as well.

    I hope that both lyn and luck find love, in each other. With out the reminders, maybe luke moving out of the city as well. To get away from the bad memories he as, hopefully he will open up to her as well, and tell her of brad and his x.

    I was in awe, tears streaming and joy leaping. Can't wait for next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, it warms my heart that this chapter brought tears to your eyes. :-) I agree, very few men can resist a woman throwing herself at them, esepecially one they care deeply about. That intense emotional moment that Lyn shared with Luke at the lake definitely stirred something deep inside of her, and now she wants him even more. So much that she was willing to put herself out there and ask him to make love. If it was any other guy, she would have been on her back in an instant.

      So now there's the issue with the exes and Luke knowing about the miscarriage and Lyn's near suicide. I really like the idea of Luke telling Brad to stay away from Lyn over the phone, that's if he goes that route. But if they run into each other prematurely, Luke might not be so civilized.

      Luke and Lyn definitely have a connection, and they seem to want the same things. We know how Luke feels about her, but Lyn will need more time to figure out what she wants. Luke may be the perfect guy for her, but she needs to realize that. But if they maintain their friendship, they will be able to get to know each other without the pressures of a romantic involvement.

      I'm so glad you enjoyed this chapter, and it moved you emotionally! That just makes my day!! :-)

      Thanks for reading, Jerry!

      Delete
  10. Damn you Luke. Damn you for being so incredibly awesome! If these 2 don't end up together, I'm driving to Bridgeport to chop Brad into tiny pieces and feed him to the irritated mutant seabass that swim in the waters there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jilly you crack me up!! Thank you for the kind words about Luke. He certainly has been a gentleman in the last few chapters...well except for Brad's beatdown. xD But when it comes to Lyn and his family, he will lay his life down for them.

      Wow, chop Brad up and feed him to the irritated mutant seabass?? Haha Brad should be afraid. Very afraid. Now there are two people after him: you and Luke. xD

      Thanks for reading, Jilly!

      Delete
  11. Okay, a hot fireman-cuddle will do the trick too! I love you Luke! *Pushes Lyn away, puts own head on chest* I DON'T LIKE YOU TORTURED THE DOG! Making her sleep on the beach, cuz mommy needed some Lukey! LOL!

    This was a warm and gentle chapter. I hope Brad dies, seriously! Spontaneous combustion. Not-so-friendly fire... *lighting match*! I'm officially nauseous every time I hear...uh, read his name!

    Lyn, tempting tempting!
    Luke knows she needs a friend and he respects that, I love that dude. Can't say it enough...
    I'd have jumped him. He would be all 'we can't' and 'I don't wanna ruin what we have' IN BETWEEN the humping and him screaming my name. NOW THAT WOULDA HAPPENED!!! DEFINITELY! He would be then known as Cross-eyed-Luke!

    You were right, friendship first! Hot fireman makeout-session later! Yes, I'm still expecting it, OKAY?!!!
    Great Update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "*Pushes Lyn away, puts own head on chest*"

      LOL!! Watch out, it looks like Lyn has competition!

      "He would be all 'we can't' and 'I don't wanna ruin what we have' IN BETWEEN the humping and him screaming my name."

      Bahahaha you are so bad!! In between the humping and screaming your name?? DAMN, girly!! And why do I totally picture you doing that? Pushing Luke to the floor and having your way with him. lol

      "He would be then known as Cross-eyed-Luke!"

      LOL!! Cross-eyed-Luke!! JM, you are kiling me!! You are a nut!!

      Man, you are like the fourth person that wants Brad to die. I'm hoping he can redeem himself later on, but geez...I'm starting to doubt if it's possible. He has his work cut out for him.

      Luke loves you too!! And hot fireman make-out sessions are definitely coming up. If not in this story, then in Heat. There's a reason for the title. xD The first lust scene is also coming up with one of the brothers. I'll be sure to make it worth your while. xD

      Thanks JM, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter, and thanks for reading!

      Delete
  12. ~ LMAO@ JM for Crossed eyed Luke!Comment!LOL!
    ~ You do know Luke has come to bed eyes!!!!!
    ~ I loved this it did make me cry as it was so sweet,& emotional!
    ~ I can see were peeps would think that because Luke is Brads friend that they are cut from the same cloth,but think about it,he did not take advantage of the situation,when he kissed Lyn,& even apologized to her,& told her why it could not happen,Brad would never do that,& she asked him to sleep with her,& he took control of the situation,even with a Green Light,& no Brad,he still restrained him self!
    ~ So unlike Brad!Brad would not hesitate!
    ~ So far Luke is making all the right moves,as a friend,maybe when she is not so hurt & emotional he will be able to tell Lyn what Brad did to him,& why he was his friend!
    ~ I hope he never runs into Brad,the phone call,is a good idea & the safest way to deal with this,to warn him that if he ever hears of him trying anything with Lyn,he will deal with him personally,& that they are not friends anymore,that if he sees him,to run,as the way he feels about him, he would not hesitate to beat him to a pulp,& there will be no stopping him!!!
    ~ Loved it & can not wait for more!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, JM is a nut!! I was cracking up at her comment, especially the "cross-eyed-Luke" part. xD I agree, Luke does have bedroom eyes. He looks like he'll just treat you like a buffet. He'll come back over and over again. lol And he will too, especially if he feels a connection with you. He prefers quality over quantity, and even though he hasn't slept with as many women as Brad, he saves his energy for that special woman. When he finds her, watch out!!

      Awwww, this chapter made you cry!! That made my day and put a huge smile on my face. That's the biggest compliment a writer can hear, when a reader has been moved to tears. I know I was crying when I wrote this chapter, especially Lyn's emotional moment with Luke.

      You're right, this is the second time that Luke didn't take advantage of the situation. First when they kissed at the condo in Bridgeport and now. She was also in a vulnerable state back then, when she was feeling lonely. But he stopped because of Brad, and apologized to Lyn, like you said. Brad probably would have jumped at the chance, hoping to win her back through sex. That's her weakness. Though Luke was able to restrain himself, it didn't mean that it wasn't difficult. What do you say when the woman that you've been craving for two years asks you, begs you to make love to her? The fact that he refused to give in shows that his interest in her is much deeper than sexual.

      Yes, a phone call would be the safest and most civilized way to do it...that's if Luke and Brad don't run into each other prematurely. If that happens, it can get really ugly if Luke can't control his emotions. He put someone in crutches for a month before, and he can do it again. Brad might have a chance of getting out of it alive if he can shut up and just own up to his actions. If he provokes him, that's it.

      Thanks Karima, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter, and thank for reading!

      Delete
  13. Team Luke! It takes a real man to keep his composure and tell Lynn no..She definantly needs someone like this in her life right now!
    I Love where this is heading! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Team Luke!! That's so cute! I agree, it takes a real man to say no to a woman that just threw herself at him. He's in the position to take advantage and get some, knowing how long he's been wanting her, but he chose not to. When that happens, his interest in her is much deeper than physical. Lyn needs to understands this since sex still equals love to her. Or at least she uses it to deepen the connection.

      Thank you Bri, I'm glad you're enjoying it and thanks for reading!

      Delete
  14. Okay... this may have been my favorite chapter yet. Where to start?

    When I saw the only warning was 'strong language' I was like, noooo! I want them to have sexy times! But then I took a deep breath and told myself it was going to be okay; it was too soon and they needed to wait. You've made me care about these characters way too much to get this worked up over a warning hahaha!

    But, that being said... the romance of this chapter was so much better than the raunchy sex would have been. Luke telling her about wanting his Lois Lane? I died. It's official; he's perfect. Revealing that bit of personal information to Lyn was so much more intimate than having beach sex would have been. (Plus, Luke's dirty thoughts totally made up for the lack of actual sex. Loved having this chapter from his point of view!!) He's exactly what Lyn needs right now -- a friend. And such a good friend, too, to be able to resist that two-year build up of lust and attraction. Luke's not superman; he's a freakin' saint!

    Oh yeah, and I loved this line: "The sky is so bright, it looks like it's filled with crushed white diamonds, sparkling everywhere." I am such a sucker for poetic descriptions of stars. If any of the Rossi boys take to writing poetry about the night sky, I will not be able to resist.

    Great update :D Can't wait to find out where their relationship goes next, as well as what the rest of the Rossi clan has been up to in Bridgeport...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! This is your favorite chapter! :-)

      LOL you crack me up!! You were really hoping for a steamy sex scene at the beach, weren't you?? I mean, for you to be like noooo when you didn't see the "graphic sexual content" warning, you really thought they were gonna do it in this chapter? lol Although I must admit, I was very tempted. xD I had to remind myself that it's too soon, like you said. Awwww, thank you so much for caring about my characters! I am so grinning right now. xD

      You know, I didn't even plan on the romance in this chapter. I just knew that they were going to enjoy the view, and Lyn was going to finally open up to Luke about what happened. I also didn't realize how much Luke struggled with himself around Lyn until I wrote it from his POV. No wonder there's so much chemistry between them...they both want each other but they have to keep their hands off. Raunchy lake sex would have been hot, but might jeopardize what they have.

      I agree, Luke telling Lyn about Lois Lane seemed to mean more than anything they could have done physically. He gave her a special, private part of himself, and now she knows one of his vulnerable secrets. I don't know if it was the romantic scenery with the water and the stars, but he definitely felt comfortable confiding in her. Despite his dirty thoughts. lol Haha OMG, a saint?? Well, he survived Day 1. But can he get through Day 2 and Day 3?

      I'm a sucker for poetic descriptions of stars too. Sighhh...there's just something about watching the bright night sky that makes me wonder if we're truly alone in this infinite universe. Ooooh is that why you have your screen name? Because of the stars? That's awesome. :-) Haha oh man, hot firemen who write poetry?? *Drops panties* xD

      Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading! I'm working on Ch. 5 of Heat right now.

      Delete
  15. I wonder which way this is going to go. I mean, Luke is the better choice, but... she also has this intense connection with Brad. Not that she doesn't have a soulmate kind of thing going with Luke, too (the "We've been here before" thing). I wish Brad hadn't have screwed up, but then, the story wouldn't be as interesting lol. Poor Lyn. I'm proud of Luke for not giving in; that must've been hard (Freud would love that lol). But, speaking from experience, if Lyn gets and stays with Luke will she always wonder what might've been with Brad? Yep, poor Lyn.

    Haha. It's great when the characters of the story start feeling like real people. You're doing a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, she did have this connection with Brad. And there was something about their relationship that was...compelling, like they were drawn to each other. On top of the great sex, at least in the beginning. But Brad didn't have the maturity to appreciate what he had and he really messed up. Lyn may have been the perfect girl for him but maybe he just wasn't ready to be in a serious relationship.

      Haha I agree, it would have been nice if Lyn and Brad are still together, but it wouldn't be as interesting. If you think about it, this story started off with her catching Brad in the act. lol Luke, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of Brad. He's being such a gentleman, and Lyn isn't used to that. Haha Freud has mommy isssues. ;-) You do make a good point about Lyn wondering what could have been with Brad. But in a way, she did get to see what it's like to be with him. They were together for 2 years, lived together, and he cheated in the end.

      Awwww, thank you so much, it's so nice to hear that my characters feel real to you. That's one of the biggest compliments a writer can hear. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  16. Luke is a diamond in the rough. Any other guy with an emotionally vulnerable woman just begging for some action would have jumped at that chance. The sad thing is, is even if Luke and Lyn get together, Brad will always be a bitter memory. If only she had met Luke first! Why, even when we find who we're supposed to be with, we're irreparably broken? Oh wait, maybe that's just me. *sighs*

    I hope that Lyn is able to find a loving partner, whether it's Luke, David or another AP guy (secretly crossing fingers for Luke though).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Luke is definitely something else. When it comes to people that try to hurt the ones he loves, he's ruthless. But when it comes to a woman that he cares deeply about, he's willing to suffer and sacrifice his own needs for her well-being. I agree, any other guy would have jumped at the chance to sleep with Lyn, especially in her vulnerable state. But Lukes knows how delicate the situation is, and after seeing what an emotional wreck Lyn is, he couldn't be able to live with himself if he added more to her pain.

    Brad has definitely imprinted himself in Lyn's memory, both bitter and sweet. If she wants to break free from the past, she will need to do some major soul-searching and forgiveness. This will take time. It's possible for her to have a clean slate, but she has to understand that Brad will continue to have an affect on her if she holds on to her anger. I know...if she had met Luke first, things would have been different. But if she never met Brad, she would have never met someone like Luke. So I don't know what's worse...avoiding Mr. Wrong but missing out on Mr. Right or recognizing Mr. Right because of Mr. Wrong? Awww, I'm sorry to hear that Lauren. *HUGS* Trust me, I've been there. I put my ex on a pedestal for a long time until I met my husband. lol

    Lyn should be able to find love again, over time and when she's ready. I hope she can learn from her relationship with Brad, as well as understand why she was so drawn to him. Luke on the other hand, will be in her life, especially now that they developing a friendship.

    Thamks for reading, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tommie, Luke is just so wonderful! This chapter made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww, thank you Daisies, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And wow, you cried? That just warms my heart since it was just as emotional for me to write this chapter. I know, Luke is wonderful. He cares about Lyn so much that he somehow found the strength to deny her request. She needs a friend right now.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete