Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Eight (Somewhere In Time)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 27 (Fade Into You)
-It was the perfect night to stargaze at the lake with the full moon and brights stars coating the night sky.
-Sitting by the water, next to Luke, felt surreal.  It was so easy to talk to him, like I can tell him anything.
-I spilled about my dream of being rescued by my knight in shining armor like in Pretty Woman but he called me a hooker.  So I punched him on the arm.
-He spilled about his search for his Lois Lane, which I thought was adorable.
-I learned that he majored in Criminal Justice in college, but that subject triggered memories of Brad.
-He held me in his arms while I sobbed and screamed uncontrollably, finally releasing all of my anger and pain.
-I felt so vulnerable, like I was stripped to the very core of my soul, and all I wanted to do was hide.  But he wouldn't let me.
-That intense moment with Luke awakened something deep inside of me, a part of me that I never knew existed.
-When we got home, my longing for him was so consuming that I asked him to make love to me.
-He denied my request.  He didn't want to ruin what we have.
-He held me in his arms instead.

*Strong sexual content, strong language*

Photobucket

Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade
Date: Sunday, 10/30/11
Time: 2:07 a.m.

Lying next to this wonderful, sexy, shirtless man is going to push the limits of my self-control.  Here is he is, on my bed, with his hand across my back, pulling me painfully close to his delicious body.  So close that my face presses against his hard chest, tempting me to gently run my tongue across his warm skin.  His woodsy, masculine scent invades my brain, fogging up my thoughts.  God, I want him.  So damn bad.  With my emotions on high alert, my body wants to feel him.  All of him.  How can he expect me to fall asleep when I feel like I'm going to explode?  He just saw me in my most raw, vulnerable state.  

As my hand slowly traces the muscular ridges on his washboard stomach, I can feel the increasing movement of his heart.  Damn, he's cut.  I watch his mouth part slightly as he squeezes his eyes shut, as if he's trying to contain the cries of his body.  My gaze travels back to my hand, which is absorbing the smoothness and warmth of his skin.  When it finally reaches his chest, he bucks, sucking in his breath.  

"Shhh...go to sleep." He murmurs under his breath as he squeezes my wandering hand before it goes any further.  

"But..." Inside, I'm silently screaming.  The fact that he keeps resisting my advances baffles me, yet makes me want him even more.  Noone has ever refused me like this.  With Brad, all I had to do was give him "the look" and he was all over me.  

"Maybe I should go back to my room."  He whispers as he starts to shift away from me.

"No, stay here! I'll be good, I promise."  Admitting my defeat, I move my hand back to his stomach and let it stay there.  What is wrong with me?  Why am I acting like this?

Photobucket

The sound of his breathing, as well as the rise and fall of his chest, hypnotizes me into a serene state.  My pulse begins to wane down until it matches his...beating...beating....beating.  My eyelids can no longer stay parted.  They become very heavy, until they sink into each other the way my body is sinking into the bed...into Luke.  I can no longer distinguish the objects in the room as they become blurry.  Darkness takes over as I close my eyes, letting my mind go, allowing my thoughts to drift into a sea of the unknown.

Photobucket

The organic smell of leather lingers around my nose, slowly bringing me back to consciousness.  As my eyes open up, I become aware of a man next to me, holding me close.  When I turn my head towards his face, panic starts to set in.  I don't know who this man is, nor do I know what he's doing here.  At the same time, there's something about his familiar masculine scent that's disarming, as if I should trust him.  My eyes begin to wander around the room.  There are objects that I've never seen before.  Wood paneling, ivory-colored antique lace curtains and brass candle lamps softly glowing.  Even the bed I'm lying on looks different.  Instead of a wooden headboard, it's supported by brass.  It feels like my room,  but it doesn't look anything like it.

Photobucket

"Mmmm...I can die like this..." His warm breath brushes against my neck as he rests his chin on my shoulder.  

"Jesse..." To my surprise, this name escapes my lips effortlessly.  The constant rustle of fabric each time I shift my body forces me to examine the gold-colored  chiffon gown that's constricting my body.  I can hardly breathe, yet I feel strangely feminine.

"Yes?" His beard grazes my shoulder as his hot mouth envelops my skin, making my whole body collapse on the bed in weakness.  His name is Jesse.   I've only known him for a few minutes, and he's already drowning out my ability to reason.

"Mmm...Jesse..." I savor the softness of his moist lips as they travel down my back, sending a wave of tingles down my spine.  His hand follows the curve of my waist as he presses himself behind me, making me gasp at the bulge forming inside his pants.  

"Come with me." 

"Where are we going?"

"You will see."

Photobucket

As he sits in front of the piano, my eyes become fixated on how different, yet familiar the living room feels.  The bronze candle lamps mounted against a sea of wood paneling evokes a warm yet simple energy of a different place in time.  A sofa and loveseat with intricate lace patterns sitting atop curved cherry legs  take up the space of my white suede furniture.  A soft crackling of the fireplace illuminates the dim room, but a pattern of crimson bricks now replace the plasma t.v.  The only objects I recognize are the large marble sculptures of a man and a woman in the corner, as well as the old cherry desk where my computer used to reside.  Everything else, especially the piano, I've never seen before.

"May I play you a song?" Jessie's voice brings my gaze back to the way his fingers lightly graze the keys on the piano, as if he's warming them up.  

"Yes, of course." The sounds coming out of my mouth are different, more delicate, more soft.  I have no idea why I'm speaking like this but I feel like another person with each minute that passes.

Photobucket

"I cannot get this song out of my head.  I need to share this with you...or I will break into a thousand pieces." His liquid brown eyes burn into mine, filled with deep loneliness.

"Oh Jesse...I can't wait any longer.  Play it for me." My heart skips a beat in anticipation as I curiously wait for his fingers to move.  He lets out a deep breath and flashes me a warm smile before he takes the first stroke.

I close my eyes as the soft, haunting melody penetrates through every molecule in my body, caressing my heart, slowly invading my mind with Jesse's love.  I find myself floating with him in an ocean of white clouds, leaving our shells behind so that we can be free to only love each other, without fear, guilt or shame.  It is just us.  Without a body, without identity, without Earthly obligations,  just our energies merging into an eternal swirl of bliss.  I become so overwhelmed by my longing for him that I can barely breathe.  My cheeks feel warm.  Hot tears escape my eyes as the song continues to squeeze my heart mercilessly until his finger touches the last key.

"Emma? Don't cry.  It was not my intention to make you sad." He quickly rises from the chair to cup my face with his hands as he looks deeply into my eyes.

"That song is so beautiful..." I wrap my arms around his neck as I pull him close, afraid that if I let him go, he will vanish.

"It's called 'Somewhere In Time'.  I cannot remember where I heard it before, but I know it somehow." His hands roam up and down my back as he buries his face on my neck.

Photobucket

"Why? Why did you leave?  We were so happy...I loved you!" I snap at him as the memories of our past come flooding back.  Now I'm filled with anger  at what could have been as the old feelings return.  

"Emma, I had to fulfill a duty to my country.  You knew that."

"Rubbish! This was not about war.  Tell me the goddamned truth!"

"You want the truth?  You deserved the best of everything.  You deserved a life fit for a queen.  But I could not provide that for you."

"All I needed was your love.  But you left me.  You broke my heart!"

"You married another man, Emma! You could not wait for me!" He grabs my face possessively as his mouth devours my lips, forcing them apart with his tongue.  A soft moan escapes my throat as my heart stops momentarily, his tender lips sending a jolt of electricity down my spine.  I try to push him away but his arms circle my waist, his strength hampering my ability to move.  

"Stop...please..." I find myself going limp in his arms, as my protests grow weaker and weaker.  Instead of pushing against his chest, my hands become entangled in his thick, raven hair.  The deeper his tongue probes inside my mouth, the harder I tug at his hair, until his pain becomes indistinguishable from my pleasure.

Photobucket

"Tell me...can he make your body quiver like this?" He pushes up the layers of fabric until my thighs are exposed.  His hands fervently trace them, burning my skin as he spreads them apart.

"No!" I try to move his hand away but he's already tugging at my knickers.

"Can he make you drip with desire like this?" His fingers skillfully stroke the swollen flesh hiding behind the silk fabric, making me gasp in surprise.  My thighs close in on his fingers as I arch my back.  Now his finger is moving inside me, filling this throbbing need to have him.  All of him. Deep inside.  My mind may try to spell out all of the reasons why he should leave, but my body remembers him now.  My heart recognizes him.  He is the man that has the ability to make me scream in ecstasy with a mere touch of his hand.

"No! Please, stop!" My mind still continues to protest, despite my hips gyrating against his hand.

"Keeping fooling yourself, Emma.  Your body doesn't lie." His eyes roll back as he takes a whiff of his hand, then sucks the sticky moisture off his finger. "Mmmm...you have no idea how much I miss this."  

He spreads my legs apart again, moving the fabric of my knickers out of the way before his tongue glides over my wet flesh.  

"J-Jesse...please...s-stop...mmmm..." I let out a deep moan as he holds on to my thighs, burying his face deep between my legs, his mouth holding me captive while his tongue gently flicks over the most sensitive part.  I run my fingers through his hair, pushing his face further until my body explodes in a million tingles, making my thighs shudder uncontrollably.  Just as my legs start to give out, he picks me up and carries me towards the piano.  As he unzips the back of my dress, I watch it drop to the wooden floor with a light "swoosh" sound.  Now I'm standing in front of him with just my knickers and corset on.  I feel very exposed, and vulnerable.

"You're so goddamned beautiful." He curses as he pulls my knickers down, watching it slide past my shoes.

Photobucket

"Oh, Jesse...take me now, please.  I can't stand it." The piano keys feel cold against my bare cheeks as a few random notes come out.  I prop myself up by one arm while the other hand pulls him closer.  
"When is your husband coming home?" His liquid brown eyes are conflicted with raging jealousy and deep desire.  He spreads my legs as his thumb strokes my sensitive button, causing me to whimper impatiently.

"Tomorrow.  Hurry!" I lay on the piano, wide open, waiting for him to ravage me like he used to.  The kids are asleep upstairs.  Abigail can come down at any minute and catch us.  John can wake up crying, looking for me.  My husband can walk through the door any second if his plans changed.  But the only thing I know is me and Jesse.  Right here, right now.  Nothing else seems to matter or exist.  My hunger for him is so consuming, it hurts.

"Tonight, you're mine." He wraps my thigh around his waist as he plunges inside of me, making me cry out so loud, that he covers my mouth with his hand.  "Where are the kids?"

"A-asleep...up...s-stairs...mmmm..." I moan with each thrust as his hand grips my ass, burying him even deeper inside me.  He stretches me.  He fills my loneliness.  He takes over my thoughts, he steals my heart, he makes my soul shiver.  I miss him.  God, I miss him.    

Photobucket

"Do you feel me, Emma?  Do you feel me inside you?" He whispers under his ragged breath as he runs his tongue up and down my throat.

"Yes, I feel you...God, I feel you!!" 

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't think about this.  Tell me you don't love me.  Because I sure as hell still love you." 

"Oh Jesse...I..." The truth in his eyes is so overwhelming that I look away, unable to face my own self as I lose myself in his deep thrusts.  Suddenly, I am overcome with intense guilt.  I married another man to get back at him for leaving me. I married another man so I can have a comfortable life, so I won't have to worry about my future children.  I married another man...while my heart still yearned for Jesse.  But I was too selfish to have any kind of faith in us...in him coming back.  I love my husband and my two children.  I love the life that I have now.  I have everything I've ever wanted.  But when I'm lying in bed at night, when the kids are asleep, when I can no longer ignore the silence in my head, I see Jesse's brutally handsome face.  

"Say it!" His voice thunders across the living room as his hips move faster.  

"Yes, damn you, yes!! I still love you, you bastard! I never stopped.  Mmmm..." I cling to him as tears roll down my cheeks.  When I said my vows to my husband, I convinced myself that passionate love is foolish, that it can never be sustained.  Having a good man and a secure life was what I needed, and I started to believe it...until Jesse came back to my life.

"Emma...Emma..." He mumbles,  taking his final thrusts.  I cover his mouth as he explodes inside of me, along with the muffled sounds coming out of his mouth.  I find the courage to look deep into his liquid brown eyes again, feeling more vulnerable than ever, as the last convulsions leave his body.  My heart feels like it's slowly melting, unable to keep its own composure or strength to fight the feelings stirring inside.  I am a married woman.  That's deeply in love with another man.

Photobucket

"It's best if I leave." He mutters as he puts on his jacket.  

"No, you can't.  You can't do this to me again, Jesse!" I reach out behind him and pull him close as I try to prevent him from moving another inch.  My pulse is still racing from the mind-blowing experience we just shared.  How can he get me all worked up like this, get me to fall for him again, then leave?

"Then choose me.  Be with me.  Let me take care of you and your children."

"It's not that simple..."

"It's a choice.  You make one, you live with it."

"Jesse, please don't make me do this."

"I love you, Emma.  But I will not share you." He gently pulls my hands away from his chest.  Without even turning back to look at me one last time, he heads for the door.  I want to scream, but I'm afraid I'll wake the children up.  

Photobucket

"When is father coming home?" Abigail asks as she spreads the melted butter over her pancakes.  

"He'll be home tonight, darling." I reassure her as the thought of breaking up this family just kills me inside.  

"Nom...nom...nom..." John happily stuffs his face with oatmeal as he smiles at me.

"How's my little peanut? Is it tasty, Jon Jon?" 

"Nom...Jon Jon play." He flashes me a mischievous smile before he throws some of the gooey oatmeal on the floor.

Photobucket

"Goodnight, my darling.  Mother loves you." I kiss his forehead as I gently place him in his crib.  

"Mama." He babbles, still reaching out to me.    

"Time for bed, Jon Jon.  Goodnight." I hum a song  as he lays on his back, sucking his thumb, until his eyes close.

Photobucket

"And they lived happily ever after.  The end." I close the book when it reaches the ending.

"But...what about...the..." Abigail fights the drowsiness in her eyes, but she is no match for the sweet promise of slumber.

"Shhh...go to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow, my love."  I whisper as I stroke the silky strands of her raven hair.

"Goodnight, mother.  I...love...you..."  

"I love you too, Abigail.  Goodnight." I kiss her forehead. 

Photobucket

As I lie in bed, Jesse's face invades my mind.  Vivid flashbacks of our bodies tangled up on top of the piano makes my pulse race again, taking away my ability to breathe.  I can no longer deny our feelings for each other, nor can I ignore the way my body reacts when he's near me.  In the six years that I've been with my husband, I have never felt anything like I've felt with Jesse.  Sure, it's nice when we make love, but I've never been consumed with so much gut-wrenching, mind-numbing passion.  Why did he have to come back?  He has awakened this side of me that I've repressed for years.  How can I possibly go about my business as if nothing happened?

Photobucket

"Hello, my dear.  Did you miss me?" His gentle voice interrupts my thoughts as he stands by the bed, a smile taking over his face.  His black suit makes him so polished and distinguished, with not a wrinkle or pleat on the fabric.  As a successful banker, he travels on a regular basis to generate more business for the community.  We own one of the largest houses in Appaloosa, as well as several acres of land in the undeveloped areas.  

"William..." I sit up, trying to hide the guilt behind my eyes.  I can still feel Jesse's hands and mouth all over my body.  I can still smell him on my skin.  Even when William moves towards me, I secretly pray that he's too tired to touch me tonight.   Damn you, Jesse!!     

Photobucket

"Damn you, Jesse!! Damn you!" I scream as I wake up in the dark, my heart feeling like it's going to burst through my chest.  Suddenly, I feel someone's hands on my shoulders, which freak me out even more.  I push and kick as much as I can in an attempt to get away. "Get off me!!" 

"Lyn, it's okay! You had a nightmare." A man's voice appears out of nowhere as strong arms restrain my upper body.

"Who's Lyn? Get off me!!" I squirm, but I am no match for his strength.

"It's me, Luke.  Shhh...just relax." He whispers, loosening his grip as my body stops fighting.  His voice is starting to resonate in my head.

"Luke? Where am I?"  I frantically look around the dark room.

Photobucket

As the lights flicker back on, I find myself scanning the room.  The wooden panels, antique lace curtains and bronze candle lamps are gone.  I spot my laptop on the desk, as well as the white suede ottoman in front of the loveseat.

"What happened?" He asks as he sits up, his light green eyes assuring me that I'm back in the present.  But it still feels like Jesse is here somehow.  

"I don't know...but everything felt so real.  I was Emma...and I had a husband named William...and a daughter named Abigail...and a son named John---" Everything just spills out, as fast as they appear in my mind.

"Slow down...and breathe..." He rubs my back as he looks at me with a concerned look in his eyes.  His eyes.  There's something about his eyes.  They may not be liquid brown, but they illicit the same deep, soul-wrenching longing that I experienced not too long ago.  It feels like dejavu all over again.

"It was here...but a different time...and Jesse was here..." I find the courage to look into his eyes again.  They pull me in, making it impossible to look away.  

"Who's Jesse?" 


*Copyright 2012 Lyn C.S.*
-------------------------------------

"Somewhere In Time" by John Barry

Video by: Aldo Pastrana

36 comments:

  1. ohhhh...hot hot hot=)

    I hope she and Luke get together, that's who Jesse was in her dream, Luke.

    I know he don't want to 'ruin' their friendship but sometimes it makes one stronger too.

    He could have the best of both worlds/fingers crossed! ....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm glad you enjoyed it. She and Luke will get together, when the time is right. Their timing was off in the pst life. But now that they've reconnected again, they may finally get it right.

      At this point, Luke doesn't want to be her rebound. If they act too soon, that may happen.

      Thanks for reading, Edenz!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dream/memory.

    I wonder if she would have had the dream if Luke had not been in that bed in that house with her.

    I love the idea of the intertwined souls rejoining after so long yet there's this voice saying something is wrong.

    I wonder what Luke's reaction will be once she's calm enough to explain to him what she saw, felt etc. If she explains it that is. Will he understand its significance? I'm not even sure she does at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daijah! That's a good question. Since she has lived in that house, she didn' have any vivid dreams or memories. So Luke's presence definitely had something to do with it, since this is the first time that's happened.

      From the beginning, she seemed to have a connection to the house. Something led her to Mr. Nunu and the house in the same day that she ran from Bridgeport. Things are slowly unfolding, as well as why she chose that town.

      There's not telling how Luke will react but based on their interactions so far, he seems open-minded. He was really concerned about the way she woke up from that nightmare. She didn't know who or where she was at one point. Right now she's still pretty shaken up.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Interesting. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ OH! Wow!I thought you would wait awhile before reveling the connection to the house,but seeing as all the key players (Souls) have had a visit to the house it just needed Luke to complete the cycle!(I think I have said enough!)
    ~ Totally loved the True love angle,with the soul mates not for filling destiny!
    ~ Maybe(Well I'm certain!) this time everything will work out,& they will get it right,with just a few hick-ups!*Cough,cough,starting with a B/W*
    ~ Talking about the past showing you the future!I just hope it does not bite them in the Butt!
    ~ Loved how they both realize that them being friends,is the right thing to do right now,Luke is amazing to keep warding of her advances when all he wants to do,is cherish her body & soul,for eternity!Being so close to her would be torture!
    ~ She had already told Luke about the feeling at home & how the house chose her,Luke also felt at home,so I have a feeling that when Lyn explains it to Luke he will believe her,different matter if it was Brad,he would not believe such nonsense as he has a logical mind!(everything is ether Black or white,there is no grey areas!)
    ~ Loved it,more PRETTY PLEASE!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well, I was going to wait to explore the connection to the house, but after Lyn's emotional moment with Luke at the lake, they were in the perfect situation to trigger something within the house. Especially when he held her in his arms, on her bed. I immediately saw that as a trigger to her past life with Luke. I love your theory of the key souls visiting the house and Luke completing the cycle. I know it sounds crazy, but this stuff fascinates me.

      I love the idea of soulmates as well, the concept of "the one" that you've been looking for all your life. And the reason why you're immediately drawn to someone or repulse by them, for no reason, could be because you knew each other in another life. That's happened to me before, where I meet someone, and I immediately like them or am incessantly annoyed.

      I hope they can get it right in this lifetime as well, especially now that they have a second chance. They just don't realize it yet. But they need to learn from their past mistakes if they want destiny to work on their side. Haha does B/W stand for baby/wedding? I'm so looking forward to that day. Sighh..in due time. :-)

      Luke is definitely on the right track by exhibiting self-control and using good judgement. The fact that they are friends first allows them to get to know each other, as well as build a connection that's beyond physical. But that doesn't mean being around her doesn't make him want to scream, because he can't act on his desires.

      I agree, I think Luke will be very open-minded when she explains to him what happened. HE was the one that suggested that the house may have chosen her, and she may be connected to it. Haha this type of stuff might freak Brad out, but ast this point, he'll find any excuse to talk to her. lol

      Thanks for reading, Karima!

      Delete
  5. I finally caught up.

    Excellent and heartfelt story!

    I'm rooting for Luke now! I really hope she doesn't go bacck to Brad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jbfairy, I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far! After what Brad did, it's natural to root for Luke. He really cares about Lyn.

      The logical choice would be for her to stay away from Brad, but there are still unresolved issues between them. Right now she's avoiding him but there's no telling how she'll react when she runs into him again.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. -..Holy crapo... wtf... XD

    O.o That was a totally different chapter then what I expected... <.< Hell... I dunno what I expected but... that was totally different...

    O.o I mean sure I haven't replied in a couple chapters... I think... but I still frantically stalk the boards every monday just to see if you've updated... XD Though it's thursday now, if you think after midnight is the next day like I do... O.o... Shh... I ain't a stalker...

    XD But seriously... Either she had a random real dream, which I've head... though it contained me getting stabbed in the back and back pain later... OR, she had a dream of her past life... OR she had a dream of her previous owners past life... O.o Imma go for the second one... XD

    ANYWAYS... <.< It's thursday... so that means Heat is today... O.o Seriously Monday, hurry the F up... XD

    <.< And if this reply makes no sense... do note that I am writing this after drinking 6 Coolers... xD Yes... alcohol... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL OMG, you're funny. You were drunk typing?? How in the world are you still coherent? xD Thanks for letting me know that you still check for updates. I thought you stopped following the story when I didn't hear from you for a while. It always helps to know that. :-) Haha you are not a stalker. lol

      You have some really good theories. Your second guess is right. She was reliving her past life. Now whether it was s dream or if she had flashbacks while she drifted off to sleep, I'm not sure about. All I know is that she was transported to a different time. Everything was different, yet familiar at the same time. WTF? You had a dream that you were stabbed but you felt back pain later? That's crazy. O.o

      I'll try to have Ch. 6 from Heat up tomorrow night. That's awesome that you're following that too. :-)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Luke needs a huge prize for his continued self control. Lyn wasn't making it easy.

    That was an intense dream. Who is Emma and Jesse? How are they connected to Lyn? Does it have something to do with the house? I think it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luke is really trying to be a gentleman but if Lyn continues to tempt him while he's there, he may cave. So if something happens, it will be all her fault.

      Emma and Jesse are Lyn and Luke in a past life. They had an intense connection but their timing was off, so she married another man. Luke's presence in the house triggered some of her memories.

      Thanks for reading, Jaz!

      Delete
  8. How. Do. You. Know. This?
    Emma loves her husband, and chose what she thought was a better life for her and future children instead of passionate and kind of scary love with Jesse. Was the trade worth it? I don't think so.

    One thing I don't understand is how Jesse on the one hand says that he couldn't provide for the life of a queen that he thought she deserved, yet he says she didn't wait for him! Then he leaves. Fight for her dammit!

    People can make some pretty stupid mistakes when they're doing what they think is right.

    Very good job on this amazing chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! What do you mean? How did I know about past lives or how did I know about a situation like Emma's and Jesse's? It's clear that she doesn't share the same passion with her husband that she has with Jesse, otherwise, she wouldn't have been so vulnerable to his advances. Lyn and Luke's past are unfolding, as well as their connection to the town.

      Jesse loved Emma but he left because he felt he couldn't give her the kind oif life she deserved. When he can back from war a year later without any contact, she already married William. So he left again and didn't come back for another 5 years, which was their interaction in this chapter. I know, he should have fought for her but after they made love in her house, it killed him that she belonged to another man. So he forced her to make a choice and left.

      Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter!

      Delete
  9. Wow a dream, a dream of those that lived there long ago. She had felt like she was home, so did luke. But i wasn't even putting the two together, till that dream. It makes sense. Two lost souls reliving lives, find each other again. But can they figure that out?

    intense, but amazeing non the less. Kinda took me back a step really had to do a bit of thinking on this one, to realize. That she mentioned, the two that lived there before, she mentioned, how the house felt like home, etc.

    but then to dream it, to relive it. Makes it them that used to live there long ago. Wow, now how in the world. Gads you sure know how to keep me in suspense. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they both felt at home in this house, like they've been here before. Even Luke told her that maybe the house chose her, and she has a connection to it. He was right, as well as her neighbor. Lying in bed with Luke triggered memories from her past, especially after that emotional moment they had at the Lake. As far as them figuring out if they are Emma and Jessie, it depends on how receptive to the idea, as well as how curious they are.

      Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I was nervous about writing this, I wanted to make sure the changes in setting and time worked, as well as her transition to Emma. The language was tough, I had to make sure it also fit with the time era. Haha I know, it can get confusing with the sudden change in characters, but I'm glad you picked up on it.

      I'm glad you keep you in suspense!! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  10. Oh that was a beautiful dream! She can't mess up this time! She has to choose the man who lives her the most, Luke/Jesse. Although I feel sorry for Emma's husband, I'll never feel sorry for Brad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daisies, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I know, she can't mess up this time, especially now that they have a second chance. If they can recognize each other, as well as learn from their past mistakes, they should be able to make it work in this lifetime.

      I know, I feel bad for Emma's husband as well. But he also plays a crucial role in their past. You will see why. :-)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  11. Great update, I love how you just keep expanding and draw more things into the story. I like the dream where Lyn relives the past. I just hope Luke doesnt get jealous because she mentioned some other guys name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristine, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I thought I'd explore Lyn's connection to the house, as well as her attraction to Luke. Now you have an idea of what they used to share in the past, even if they are not aware of it yet. It's even more important that they start it off correctly if they want a relationship to succeed in this lifetime. So them acting on their desires prematurely could ruin before they even start.

      Well, if Luke can deal with Brad being Lyn for two years, he should be able to handle hearing another guys name. Especially when it turns out that it was him all along. lol

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh Lyn Chapter 28 was one hot chapter. I really liked how all of the sudden it was talking about you and Luke and then it went all of the sudden into the dream where you were emma and Jesse and the making love part and then the family with william and John and Abigail. That had to be one of your most creative chapters in this story yet. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Tom, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! It's been a while since I wrote a hot chapter, so I thought this was a nice change. xD I wanted to show the passion and history between Emma and Jesse, which in reality, represents the passion and connection between Lyn and Luke. They just don't know it yet.

      I know, writing the dream was crazy. I had to change the setting, decor and clothes to fit the 1900's. Also I had to make sure the transition between Lyn, Emma, Jesse, then back to Lyn worked as well. That could explain why Lyn is so maternal towards Nikki and Mr. Nunu, because of Abigail and John.

      Wow, thank you so much! You just made my day, Tom! :-)

      The movie "Somewhere In Time" actually inspired me to write this chapter. I love the concept of soul mates who reunite in another time.

      Delete
  13. I think this Woman Emma is trying to tell her something, like don't make the same mistake. When you find the one go for it and never let him go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...you may be on to something. Emma is torn between her family obligations and the man she loves. Now she needs to make a decision: pursue her own happiness by leaving her husband or sacrifice her happiness for the sake of her family.

      Maybe this will help Lyn realize who Luke is all along. Hopefully they'll have better luck at happiness in this lifetime.

      Thanks for reading, Lckygrl!

      Delete
  14. Aaaaaah, I can't wait till they finally get together. They're so cute! There's so much chemistry between them. It's a shame she met him when she already had a man in her life. They're perfect for eachother! I'm willing to bet their love scene will top Brad's. I know I've said this before, but I seriously love your banner. I prefer the one with Luke in, of course. Seriously though, I just feel that the one with Brad and Lyn is more of a sexual relationship, where she feels the need to dress up, whereas the one with Luke is more natural and comfortable. She can be herself around him. And not to mention, it's cuter! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the story probably would have been different if she met Luke first, but there's no guarantee that it would still be the right timing. I think everything happens for a reason. If it's meant to be, it will happen. If not, then there's good reason for it. And now that we know that Luke and Lyn shared something in a past life, at least their friendship sends them in the right direction. Hopefully they will finally find their happiness this time around. Haha I'm looking forward to their love scene too. I also have a feeling it will be better than Brad's as well, just because they have that emotional connection. Aww, thank you, I'm glad you love the banner! I changed it so many times, and now I'm finally happy with it.

      Thanks for reading, Xfairytale!

      Delete
  15. Oh gosh, I hope Lyn and Luke are able to do things right this time and not repeat the mistakes that they made in their past lives. If Lyn were to marry someone else, then she and Luke's souls would have to keep trying until they were finally able to be happy together. Gah, he's such a gentleman...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's ridiculous how much of a gentleman Luke is. But he is a man, and he can only control himself for so long. I don't know how he expects to keep his hands off her for another two days when she's keeps trying to tempt him. lol

      Lyn definitely got a glimpse of what her life was like when she played it safe. Instead of choosing the man she loves, she chose security instead. And look what happens: now she's realizing what she could have had with Jesse. I agree, I hope Lyn and Luke can learn from their past (assuming they put things together) and make it right in this lifetime. Otherwise, they're just two lonely souls who are forever searching for one another.

      Thanks for reading, Lauren!

      Delete
  16. Oooooh you are sneaky! We finally got a little steamy action with Luke and Lyn... except that it was Emma and Jesse. So, it looks like perhaps Luke and Lyn are old souls getting a second chance at love? I love the whole true love/romantic love/passionate love thing... and I hope they get it right this time. Nothing like war, though, to rip love apart. I can see how both sides contributed to the heartbreak the first time around.

    Aww, you know what else? I liked the description of Lyn sleeping next to Luke more than I liked any of her sex scenes with Brad. (Maybe that's just 'cause this chapter is fresh in my mind, but Lyn and Luke are just too damn adorable together!) Loved this chapter; I'm excited to find out more about Lyn's connection to the house and how the love thing is going to work out this time around!!

    ps. I don't know if you did it on purpose, but I loved that Lyn wanted to be like Pretty Woman, and then got to bang on a piano in her flashback. She should probably go buy a piano so she and Luke can have piano sex whenever they want ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you know, that wasn't even on purpose. I just saw the passion between Emma and Jesse, and that's how it played out in my head. It didn't occur to me that it could also be interpreted as Lyn and Luke having a little steamy action until after I posted it. lol But yeah, I see what you're saying. lol It's like them doing it, but it's not. A glimpse perhaps of what's to come? xD I'm a sucker for true love/passionate love as well, the idea that the body is just a veseel for souls to find each other. Movies like Sleepless In Seattle, The Notebook and Somewhere In Time just make me swoon. lol

      I hope they get it right this time too, especially not that they have a second chance, and I hope they realize it. Pride, fear and misunderstandings ruined their chance to be together in the last life. But I agree, they both contributed to the heartbreak.

      Oh, wow, so you actually like Luke and Lyn's cuddle more than her sex scenes with Brad?? Wow, I'm pretty surprised, since she had some hot moments with Brad. lol Maybe what he did kind of tainted that. But maybe it's the emotional connection she has with Luke that makes it more special, and the fact that they shared something deeper in a past life. I swear, I'm gonna have my hands full when these two finally hook up. lol The bar has definitely been raised. Awww, thank you, I'm glad you like them together. They've definitely had their share of heartache.

      OMG, I totally didn't think of the piano scene from Pretty Woman until you mentioned it! Haha bang on the piano. You crack me up! xD Yes, she definitely needs to get a piano! Mmmm..piano sex. lol

      Thanks for reading, Count!

      Delete
  17. Hi tommiegirl:) How are ya? I came across your blog by the Sims 3 website, someone recommended your story so I thought I'd check it out and I'm so glad I did!
    Your story is amazing and I'm not going to comment on everything because it would take up the whole page!:) I love Lyn though, yes she's made mistakes and shouldn't have had the feelings she did for Luke while she was with Brad but that doesn't give him the right to sleep with someone else because he THOUGHT she was sleeping with his best friend! They should have talked about it and the fact that he slept with her sister! Her SISTER!! I'm glad Lyn kicked her ass and I'm glad Luke went to kick Brad's ass it's exactly what they deserved!
    Anyway, I love that Lyn still has the strength to get up in the morning and that she has made a new life for herself, after everything she went through!
    I'm so happy that Luke....ahhh Luke he is beautiful:)....went to her and took Nikki with him and that Lyn was able to let out her emotions in front of him I think that is a good thing for her and for them as a couple (please let them be a couple soon) I feel her pain through your superb writing, I love the pictures they really add to the story.
    I really enjoyed this chapter, I like the thought that they've been together before in a past life, I hope they get together soon they are just too adorable together:)
    Looking forward to the next chapter, sorry about my ramblings, I am off to read Heat now to get some more of Luke:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claireybear, welcome to my blog! Thank you for the kind words and for checking out my story, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I'm also glad you like Lyn. She marches to the beat of her own drum, she's impulsive but she's a hopeless romantic. She believes in finding her prince charming. Even though she didn't find it in Brad, she's still hopeful that he's out there somewhere. I agree, she shouldn't have had feelings for Luke when she met him, but that's what happened. And looking back now, knowing what they shared in the past, it was bound to happen when they finally met. I know, I can't believe Brad slept with her sister either...and it was even more shocking for me to write that chapter when Lyn caught them. I really thought Brad was her true love, I mean, they had a connection. But he ended up taking her for granted. Haha Brad and Naveah definitely deserved that ass whooping.

      Lyn was on the brink of jumping off the bridge, especially after she lost the baby and caught Brad with Naveah within 24 hours. Her whole world crashed, and she didn't see the point in carrying on. But she did, and she managed to pull through. Luke has definitely been her knight in shining armor. He was there when she was having problems with Brad and he was there again to bring Nikki back. Yes, he definitely is dreamy, thank you :-) He was there for her as a friend, and he was a shoulder for her to cry on. She was finally able to let things out.

      Thank you so much, I'm so glad to know that you can feel what Lyn is going through, since I feel everything that my characters feel. They feel so real in my head, like they are souls who simply want their story to be heard. Lyn and Luke will be together when the time is right, and when they learn from their mistakes from the past. Having a friendship is definitely putting them in the right path to love.

      Don't worry about rambling too much, I tend to do that as well. lol Feel free to share as much as you want to share, I love hearing my readers' analysis and point of view. There's no such thing as a comment that's too long to me. In fact, I love long comments! I get really excited when I see them. lol

      I hope you'll like Heat!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  18. Emma and Jesse! the previous owners! (or owner, anyway!) Except for being married with kids, it was almost the same situation with Lyn, Luke & Brad!
    Did William find out? Did he go away? Did she end up with Jesse?

    I am SO lovong this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is almost the same situation with Lyn, Luke and Brad. You will find out what happened in the Emma/Jesse/William love triangle in the next chapters. They will be revealed with each flashback.

      Thanks for reading, Jilly! I'm glad you're enjoying this story! :-)

      Delete