Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Nine (In My Veins)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 28 (Somewhere In Time)
-As Luke held Lyn in his arms, she tried to explore his body with her hands.
-He managed to resist her advances again, which left her baffled.  This has never happened before.
-As she drifted off to sleep, she entered another state of consciousness that took her back to
her past life as Emma.
-Jesse, the man she still loves despite being a married woman, played her a haunting song called "Somewhere In Time".
-She found herself making love to Jesse on the piano.
-She had two children: a young girl named Abigail and a toddler named John.
-When her husband William came home, Emma found herself thinking about Jesse.
-Lyn woke up screaming Jesse's name, which woke Luke up.
-He tried to calm her down, but she was clearly upset.

*Sexual references*

Photobucket

Location: Hangman's Tree National Historic Landmark
Date: Sunday, 10/30/11
Time: 11:10 a.m.

"Pull over right here." My eyes land on the dirt path that leads to the giant oak tree.   I have never been to this park before, but this was the image  that appeared on my mind when I opened my eyes this morning.  Visit Hangman's Tree.  Visit Hangman's Tree.  As much as I wanted to stay in bed next to Lyn and trace the curve of her waist with my pointer finger, I had this urge to look for a picnic basket in one of the bottom kitchen cabinets, next to the fridge.  Sure enough, I found one.  It looked like it hasn't been used in years.

"Where are we?" She asks as she sets the parking brake after the rumble of the engine dies down.

"Hangman's Tree." Even though we're still a good walk away from the giant oak tree, it feels like it's standing over me, within a few feet away.  Its massive size seems to challenge me to come forward, as if it's been waiting for me this whole time.  I can feel my heart beating just a little faster at the thought of stepping out of the truck.  For a moment, I feel paralyzed, dreading having to walk on this soil.  My hands clench into a tight fist. I try to focus on the pebbles on the road as I try to catch my breath.

"Luke...are you okay?" Her fingers cover my trembling hand as she tries to search my eyes, but I look down at my lap instead.

"I don't know...I just feel weird." I close my eyes as I focus on the warmth of her hand, allowing it to bring me back to a relaxed state.  Despite the tingles on my spine telling me not to go anywhere near that barren tree, I find myself opening the door.

Photobucket

As I climb up the stairs, my pulse begins to race with each step.  I suddenly forget how to breathe.  The further I am from the ground, the harder it becomes for me to look down.  At one point, I close my eyes and grip the metal railings, but the sound of Lyn's voice forces me to keep going until we finally reach the top of the lookout point.  As soon as the cool breeze brushes against my face, my eyes take in this magnificent panoramic view of the town.  I can see the houses nestled among trees bursting with yellow, orange and red leaves, as well as the lake hugging every curve of the mountain.  It is so silent that I can hear my own pulse slow down as I inhale this pure, magical air.  

"Have you been here before?" She asks as she holds on to the wooden banister, her eyes never wavering from the view.

"No."

"So how did you..."

"I don't know...I just...saw this place in my head." 

Photobucket

"Wow, how did you---" She looks at me in awe as she examines the hot dogs, cheeseburgers and apple nectar in the picnic basket.  

"I made them while you were sleeping." I shrug, flashing her a smile.  

"Awww, that's so sweet of you.  But...how did you find stuff in the kitchen?" 

"I just knew where everything was.  Don't ask me why." When she scoots closer, her knee bumps into mine, causing my skin to jump.  Our eyes immediately meet. I  become painfully aware of how close she is next to me.  Familiarly close, as if we've done this before, in this same spot.  Instead of looking away, I bury myself even deeper in her liquid brown eyes.  The way the sunlight hits her iris at the perfect angle, I feel like I'm drowning in an ocean of caramel.  Rich, thick, luscious...just melting my inhibitions away.  They whisper to me.  They tell me to follow.  I simply surrender, letting her eyes take me to the a place that only we know exists.    

Photobucket

The next thing I know, I'm lying on the ground, surrounded by a sea of white and pink flowers.  I can feel the cool, dewy grass and wildflowers under my hand as my eyes take in the endless clusters of stars crowding the night sky.  There's a faint hum of crickets competing against the faint rustling of trees nearby.  When the air stands still again, I become aware of a woman's soft, warm body on me.  This startles me, but there's something about her delicate scent that puts me at ease.  The mere whiff of her hair sends a thousands messages of desperate need to pull her even closer.  

"Please, my love...please give me more time." Her hot breath soaks into my skin as she caresses my chest.

"I don't know how much more of this I can take.  Just the thought of you going home to him...and making love to him...it drives me mad!" My mind feels like it's going to explode from all of the jealousy and frustration building deep inside.  I don't know who this woman is, nor have I ever seen her before, but I love her.  I feel her.  I can taste all of her hopes and dreams, as well as her disappointments.


"Nothing goes as planned
Everything will break
People say goodbye
In their own special way
All that you rely on
And all that you could fake
Will leave you in the morning

Come find you in the day"

Photobucket

The minute our eyes connect, I am overcome by this intense longing for this woman.  I am at the mercy of her pale green eyes.  They have this power over me, pulling me in, consuming my every thought.  Nothing else seems to matter or exist.  Even the concept of time has no bearing on the only thing that I am certain of at this very moment: being with her.  No rhyme, no reason.  I just need to be with her.  

"Even if I am in his presence, it's you on my mind.  It's you in my heart.  It's always been you, Jesse." She cups my jaw with her hand as her eyes fill with anguish.  I turn my face to kiss the palm of her hand, but the vulnerability in her eyes just breaks my heart into a thousand pieces.

"Don't say such things."

"I'm simply telling you what's in my heart."

"No. Not when I have to go home without you.  Not when I cannot hold you in my arms at night.  Not when it feels like slow death until I see you again."

"Please, don't make this more difficult than---"

"Shhh..." I whisper as my lips brush against hers.  My hunger for her outweighs any attempt at reason right now. "Forgive me."


Photobucket

I pull her even closer to me until there's no space between our breaths, our bodies and our lips.  Despite all of the negative voices ringing inside my head, the sweetness of her tongue quenches my thirst for this goddess in front of me.  She's married with children.  She couldn't wait for me.  She may never leave her husband.  I should just move on with my life and find my own wife.  But I see her in every face of a woman that I meet.  I hear her voice.  I see her smile.  I cannot escape her.  Even when I go to sleep at night, she haunts me in my dreams with eyes that hold the promise to eternity.

"Luke?" A soft, familiar voice calls me as I slowly leave this enchanting place where the barren oak tree lies.


Photobucket

It's daylight again, with the sun shining down directly at us.  Gone are the endless array of flowers, hum of crickets singing and diamonds sparkling in the night sky.  There's a part of me that desperately wants to be with that woman in the gold-colored gown again, but at the same time, Lyn's presence is strangely comforting.  Each second that passes while she's next to me is a reminder that my imagination must have been on overdrive  a few minutes ago.  That's the only explanation for what I just saw and what I felt.

"It's like slow death..." I mumble under my breath as her eyes meet mine again.    Why does it feel like I'm repeating myself in the same place, with the same person?  I start to wonder if Lyn was there too, even as an observer, or someone that witnessed the whole thing.  I can't quite put my finger on it but her energy feels very...familiar.

"Luke, are you okay? You've been acting strange since we got here. What's going on?"

"That tree.  Something about that dead oak tree makes me nervous.  And then I started getting these flashbacks of this couple under the tree."

"A couple? What do they look like?"

"I don't remember that much but..."

"You feel like you've been here before?"

"Yeah! How did you know?"

"Just a hunch."


Photobucket

Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade

Time: 12:22 a.m.

Later that night, I find myself standing in front of Lyn's bedroom.  I tried to go to sleep, but it was nearly impossible, knowing she's only a few steps away.  Is she asleep?  Or is she lying in bed, thinking about me? I've managed to exhibit self-control in the two days that I've been here.  She asked me to make love to her with such fierce need in her eyes but I still found the strength to say no.  I even turned down her advances when she tried to touch me while we were cuddling on her bed.  But now...after those strange flashbacks at the park, my longing for her is beyond explanation or reason.  Just the thought of sleeping alone tonight, without her in my arms, is like slow torture.

As my knuckles get ready to make contact with the door, my heart stops.  What am I doing? If she lets me in, that's it.  We can kiss our friendship goodbye.  I take a long, deep breath.  I remind myself that I'll be making a huge mistake if I knock.  I need to step away.  I need to go back to my room.  Morning will be here in a few more hours.


Photobucket

As soon as I turn around to head back to my room, I can hear the doorknob twist.  My breath gets caught in my throat.  She's standing there in her nightgown, frozen.  What is she doing up? And why did she open the door right before I was going to knock? Time seems to be at a standstill as our eyes lock in an infinite dance.  There are no words that can possibly describe what our mind sees...or what our hearts feel...or what our bodies want.  I'm afraid to say anything.  I'm even more afraid to move another inch.  Maybe it's because there's no turning back once we cross that line.

Photobucket


Before we know it, our bodies are tangled up in a deep embrace.  I pull her towards me so tight, that she seems to be melting into me, until I can't tell the difference between my skin and hers.  Her scent, the warmth of her body, the softness of her breasts, the satiny fabric of her nightgown...intoxicates me.  Shivers wash over my whole body as I fight the overwhelming desire to cup her breasts...and taste her lips...and run my hands up her thighs...and squeeze her ass until I hear those sweet whimpers again.

"Oh, you’re in my veins
And I cannot get you out
Oh, you’re all I taste
At night inside of my mouth
Oh, you run away
Cause I am not what you found
Oh, you’re in my veins
And I cannot get you out"

Photobucket


Without even thinking, I pick her up in my arms.  She buries her face in my neck as I carry her towards the bed.  The way she clings to me, with her arms wrapped around my heck, has such searing vulnerability.  This is nothing like carrying people out of burning buildings.  This is much more dangerous territory.  At least with a fire, I have some type of protection: my helmet, turnout gear, boots and fire extinguisher.  At least I have some type of chance to survive a disaster.  I can even call for backup.  But with Lyn, there is nothing to protect me.  I am completely exposed.  If she burns my heart, I don't know if I can handle it this time around.

Photobucket

As I watch her lying helplessly on the bed, with her supple breasts rising and falling, the reasons to wait are slowly escaping my head.  The need to touch her, to taste her and to feel her is so consuming that it will make me explode in agony.  Without a sound, my hand lightly grazes her whole leg, from her upper thigh to the curve of her foot.  A soft moan escapes her mouth as she drops her head back and closes her eyes.  Now my hands are moving up her thighs, slightly raising the fabric of her nightgown up to her hips, giving me a small peek of her black panties.  Just the sight of it sends a surge of warm tingles towards my crotch. 


Slowly, I plant light, feathery kisses on her inner thigh, causing her to gasp in surprise.  When my lips are only inches away from her panties, I inhale her sweet essence, which remind me of ripe mangoes and the ocean.  I can feel every chemical in my body wake up to this scent, jumping around, just aching for a taste.  Mmm...I wanna taste her...so bad.  I lick my lips, looking deep into her liquid brown eyes, fighting the urge to peel her panties off and wrap her thighs around my neck.  I want to hear her moaning and breathing hard as I lick and slurp her with my tongue until she comes over and over again, all over my face, until she begs me to stop.

"Do you want me to hold you tonight?" I whisper as I meet her gaze, secretly thankful that my mind still managed to remember what I came here for.

"Y-yes...I'd like that." She flashes me a warm smile as she moves towards the pillows.

Photobucket

"Goodnight, Luke." She murmurs softly, sinking into me, her pulse matching mine.

"Goodnight, Lyn." I kiss her forehead as I wrap my arms around her.  

Photobucket

A few hours later, I wake up with the image of that blonde haired woman calling out to me by the dead oak tree, on a foggy night.  I don't know what she wants, but everytime I see her, I think about Lyn.  I think about how much I want to be with her, how much I need her and how much I want to make love to her.  But with each day that passes, it becomes even more difficult.  I almost gave in to my desires last night...almost.  If I don't leave now, we're going to have sex..whether we're ready or not.  I made a promise that I will be here for her as a friend, and I will look out for her best interest.

Photobucket

I am so tempted to get back in bed and hold her in my arms, but I also know that the longer I stay, the harder it will be for me to leave.  Being with Lyn and her beloved animals, in her house, has been the closest thing to heaven I've ever known.  I get to wake up next to her and I get to hold her in my arms at night.  To be able to see her beautiful face everyday, to spend time with her and hear her voice...is like a home I've never known.  But it's home.  

I can't stay.  At this point in her life, she doesn't need any more complications.  She needs to live her life, to figure out what she wants and what she wants to do.  After all that she has been through, she deserves at least that much.

I take one last look at her lying in bed, sleeping so peacefully.  I can't even kiss her on the cheek.  It's too tempting.  And if I wake her up, she might try to convince me to stay.

Photobucket


As I pull away from the house, I'm already overcome with a sense of emptiness.  I miss them already.  It takes every ounce of strength that I have left not to turn the truck around.  I remind myself that my life is in Bridgeport.  That's my reality, not here.  Lyn and I aren't even dating, we're just friends.  

For all I know, she could meet some guy here.  Or worse...get back with Brad.  Where does that leave me? This is the right decision.  This is the right thing to do.

So why do I feel like crap?


*Copyright 2012 Lyn C.S.*
-------------------------------

"In My Veins" by Andrew Belle
 
Video by: theassassin43

43 comments:

  1. I love this story, I feel sorry for Luke. I hope he gets what he wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rated PG, welcome to my blog! Thanks for checking out my story and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. I know, Luke has wanted Lyn for two years but the timing just never seemed right.

      Only time can reveal if he gets want he wants. :-)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh...I was holding my breath. I thought for sure that finally they were going to hook up. He can't leave without finding out his past with Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that was a just a little teaser for you, Luke and Lyn. They were really close to going at it, but Luke caught himself just in time. Something still diddn't feel right about the situation.

      Well, the good thing is that he experienced the same flashbacks about Emma and Jesse. And that oak tree seemed to really make him uncomfortable, so something must have happened there in the past. If Luke becomes curious enough, he will come back to Appaloosa to find some answers.

      Thank for reading, Lauren!

      Delete
  3. Veddy interestink.

    Seeing what happens and how they realise who/where/when they are and were is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Zhippidy! You will find out more about Luke and Lyn's connection to this town, and what happened them.

      Delete
  4. what???? he left no go baccckkk!!!! Luke what are you doing? Did you even leave her a note explaining yourself or will she be let to think you just abandoned her? This isn't right he needs to stay to be with her. They are supposed to be together.

    Lyn stop being so cruel and let them be together already. I can't it. :( I'm going to go pout in the corner now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that should say I can't take it.

      Delete
    2. YUP, he left. He was losing his self-control, and they were very close to have sex. When he realized that, as well as where he stands with Lyn, he felt leaving her alone to figure out what she wants was the best thing to do. Nope, he didn't leave a note. He just left. That visit to Hangman's Tree really had an effect on him. There may be something about that place that he doesn't want to relive.

      LOL Jaz, I'm not being cruel, I swear! I want Lyn and Luke to be together as much as you do, but they're not ready. And the timing is still off. Nooo, don't pout in a corner! *HUGS* When the time is right, they will find their way back to each other. If and only IF they're supposed to be together in this lifetime. So they need to do it for the right reasons if they want a chance.

      Thanks for reading, Jaz!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Luke should turn around now. That is must :) Poor Lyn.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he should turn around. But he believes he's doing the right thing. He wants her to decide for herself what she wants: if it's him, Brad or something else. Besides, not being able to touch her was just killing him. He was losing his self-control.

      Thanks for reading, Lckygrl!

      Delete
  6. I know he just did NOT walk out that door!

    He needs to get his hind end right back there and do what he was thinking!
    She needs/wants him and he needs/wants her.....stubborn, hard headed people i say!....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP, he sure did walk out that door! Just like Jesse did.

      LOL I agree he does need to turn around and go back, if he only knew how much Lyn needs him. But he doesn't see that. He feel that he's only complicating her life, especially when she's trying to get herself together. And if he didn't leave, they probably would have ended up having sex.

      I know, they are stubborn and hard-headed. But they are also afraid of getting hurt again. Maybe all they need is time.

      Thanks for reading, Edenz!

      Delete
  7. I want so badly for Luke to go back but I get what he means and what he feels. He wants something Lyn is really not ready for and to this very point, he is unsure of her true feelings. She came to him wanting him to make love to her during her moment of weakness. I feel like this was his attempt to save her and without knowing, showing her that he does not see her in just a sexual light.

    He needs to take his ass back but I get it! I hope that something brings them together again! Maybe the time apart will allow Lyn to figure out the person she is after Brad and that new person leads her to Luke, like that past seems to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wanted Luke to stay a little longer too but it was getting too hard for him to control himself. Also, his visit to Hangman's Tree had an affect on him too. It made him very uneasy, on top of the flashbacks that just made him long for Lyn even more. But like you said, after that close call in her bedroom, he realized that she may have been in a moment of weakness. He doesn't even know how Lyn feels about him. Sure, she's attracted to him but he wants more than the physical. He wants her love, but emotionally she's too fragile.

      Haha yeah, he should turn around and go back. But he left. They will see each other again, when something brings them to the same place. Or if one of them finally goes on a limp and express their true feelings. In a way, Luke is right. Lyn has never really been on her own. She went from living with her family to living with Brad. If she gets involved with Luke now, it will be for the wrong reasons. So again, he's sacrificing his chance at happiness just so she can find herself. When that happens, I think that will make their love even stronger.

      Thanks for readng, Qui!

      Delete
  8. Aww no Luke! Go back!! Go back!!
    I love that they're both having the same flashbacks, it means they're meant to be together! Poor Lyn she's gonna be so sad when she wakes up to find him not there:(
    I know what you're doing...you're just sending Luke back to sort out that skank Naveah and then he'll back to sweep Lyn off her feet and they'll live happily ever after and have lots of cute babies....Please let that happen:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's funny how everyone is telling him to go back. I honestly didn't expect to get this reaction from readers. I knew he was going to leave because he was losing his self-control, and he didn't want to complicate Lyn's life any further. But wow, I had no idea you guys were rooting for them this much! :-) The good thing is that he experienced the same flashbacks about Emma and Jesse, so that may compel him to come back and find some answers. But you're right, Luke and Lyn having the same flashbacks from a past life, it has to mean something! lol

      I know, I felt so bad for her when he left, knowing she's going to wake up and he's not there. She got used to him being around, and after they had that emotional moment, she's really going to feel his absence. Haha so you think he's going back to Bridgeport to deal with Naveah? That would have been a good reason, if he knew who she is. But then again, if Jake gets involved with her, he may find out eventually.

      Awwww, I love how you already have their happily ever after worked out in your head. :-) I think about that too, when they finally confess their love, be together, get married and have children. What would they look like? In due time, it will be revealed.

      Thanks for reading, Claireybear!

      Delete
  9. oh no way. NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

    Jesse, this is why what happened happened!!! You big ol' giant chicken! Dammit, Luke. You're screwing up. Leaving like that you're going to push her to someone else.

    Hm. Still though, I can see why Luke doesn't want to start something with Lyn just yet. He doesn't need to be the rebound guy. But... what if she marries the rebound guy that she might go and find? Gah!

    I still say Luke is chickening out because he's just too overwhelmed with his emotions and the history he has with the town and Lyn with the town. He can't handle it, so he escapes.

    He better come back. This time. They deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes WAY!! Yup, he sure left! Without a note or a goodbye. I know, I was just thinking about Jesse too. He did that to Emma, and now Luke is doing the same thing to Lyn. They still don't realize the true nature of their connection. All they know is that they share the same flashbacks, but they didn't even talk about it in detail. I think they are both still a little freaked out. Haha a big old giant chicken! Yeah, you can say that. Jesse was afraid that he wasn't good enough for Emma. Now Luke is afraid that he's getting in Lyn's way.

      He definitely doesn't want to be the rebound guy, not does he want just the physical. He wants it all, but Lyn may not be in the best state to give him what he's looking for right now. So that's why he left. If Lyn marries the rebound guy, then that means Luke or Brad must have really pissed her off. lol

      You may be on to something about Luke chickening out because the emotions and history triggered by the town is too much for him to deal with. It was a lot to take on in two days...on top of keeping his hands off Lyn. You will find out the full nature of Emma, Jesse and William's history in the next chapters.

      I know, it's almost painfully obvious that Lyn and Luke belong together, especially this time around. But they need to realize that.

      Thanks for reading, Mypal!

      Delete
  10. Wow Lyn this chapter has to be your best work yet. Wow that is so cool they both had similer flashback and dreams. I think its going to happen there going to be together at somepoint and have sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Tom, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I always try to make each chapter as good or better than the last so you keep coming back. lol Yup, Lyn and Luke definitely share a past life connection through Emma and Jesse. As soon as Lyn had her dream, that triggered Luke's need to visit Hangman's Tree, not knowing that it would trigger his flashbacks too. They still don't understand the significance of the flashbacks but at least now they know strange things have been happening since Luke's visit.

      I agree, they will hook up when and if the time is right. They seem to belong together, but they need to realize that on their own.

      Thanks for reading, Tom!

      Delete
  11. I understand why he walked away. Lyn needs to find herself and completely rid her feelings of Brad before trying to pursue another relationship. Otherwise she could be the one hurting Luke....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, she had the potential to be in the position to hurt Luke, especially when she hasn't completely dealt with her feelings for Brad. Sure, she let them out when she cried in Luke's arms, but there's no telling how she'll react when she runs into Brad again.

      Luke did what he thought was best for the situation. Was it risky? Yes. Lyn could interpret his leaving as walking out on her in her time of need. At the same time, the sexual tension between them was just unbearable, and he didn't want them to do something they might regret.

      Thanks for reading, Dblonde!

      Delete
  12. ~ I hope Luke phones her when he gets back home,just so she knows she did not do anything wrong,or chased him away,that is all she needs more guilt!
    ~ I do understand why Luke has left,he knows that Lyn needs to find herself,& get over her heart ache before she can commit to anouther relationship!Or move on!
    ~ I can see too,he was freaked out by the flash-backs,as he almost did not stop,as they just made him want to hold her close & never let her go!Best to go,before he does lose his composer,& the past Flash backs,were making him,want to lose control!LOL!
    ~ He knows it is a risk,but one he is willing to take,all he really wants above everything is Lyn's happiness!Yes he wants to be with her,but not for a fling, but forever!
    ~ I have a bad feeling I know what happened at the hang man's tree!
    ~ I just hope Luke does not run into Brad with all these raw emotions he is harboring at the moment,he may just lose control on Brads ass!
    ~ LOVE IT,can not wait for more,but I quess I will have too!LOL!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'd hate for Lyn to think that she scared him away because of her advances. I think she will understand why he left, and if she's really concerned she can call him too and ask him. If they can be honest with each other, they should be able to get past this. I'm glad you understand Luke's reasons for leaving. I know a lot of readers wanted him to stay, even make love to her, but he just didn't feel right about the situation. He wants more than Lyn is capable of at the moment.

      I know, he almost gave in to temptation! He was so close too...and it didn't help that Lyn didn't say anything. lol She was just waiting for him to take charge and ravage her. The flashbacks definitely awakened Luke's feelings even more. You're right, all he wants is what's best for Lyn. She does need to figure out what she wants, as well as find herself. If Luke is the one she really loves, she has to realize it for herself.

      You will see why Luke was so uncomfortable around the dead oak tree. I think the flashbacks, as well as the negative emotions associated with Hangman's Tree, overwhelmed him. I agree, there's a potential for disaster if Luke runs into Brad too soon. I think if Brad acts calm and remorseful, they may be able to talk things out. Maybe possibly repair their friendship. But Brad needs to understand the pain he caused, as well as own up to it if he wants any chance at being friends with Luke again.

      Thanks for reading, Karima! :-)

      Delete
  13. Good golly, that was intense. Dreams that are the exact same. Places they both know but don't. A house that feels like home. I know he had to leave but that was the saddest part. How will she feel about his not saying goodbye? Will she find herself? Or will that too destroy her. Sadly i can't wait to read more. That was one marvelous chapter, but Luke has no idea, hes walking into at home. His brother with her sister O_o ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was hard to watch Luke leave. It was even harder for him, since he felt horrible. But he thought it was the best thing to do. There's no telling how she'll react when she realizes he's gone, since he didn't even say goodbye. Hopefully the 2 days that he was there helped her to become stronger emotionally. If she becomes really upset that Luke left, that means she still has a lot of work to do. She will definitely need to learn how to stand on her own.

      LOL can you imagine if Jake gets involved with with Naveah and Luke finds out who she is? The shit's gonna hit the fan! lol

      Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter Jerry!

      Delete
  14. No, No, NO!!! Turn the truck around! Turn it around!!! Go back!!!
    Do you hear that? It's the sound of my heart breaking!

    I wonder if distance will make things better or worse? Will "Blondie" leave his thoughts now that he's out of that house, or will she come thru the spirit world to drag him right back there to Lyn?

    It sure looks like Lyn & he are these people reincarnated - but how did that forbidden love turn out back then? If it ended badly for one of them all those years ago, will the same bad ending come to them?

    I can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, I didn't mean to break your heart Jilly! Luke did what he thought was best for the situation with Lyn. He felt that he was just complicating things for her, and she needed to figure things out on her own. I'm hoping that she will understand his decision to leave, but there's no telling how she'll react if she's still emotionally vulnerable.

      Only time can tell if the distance will weaker or strengthen their friendship. If their connection is strong, they will have it no matter what. Neither time or distance will affect how they feel about each other, especially when they learn more about their past. Haha I love how you call Emma "Blondie". lol You pose some really good questions about Emma's appearance in Luke's dreams/flashbacks, if she will continue to communicate with him. That will be revealed in the next few chapters as well, as well as what happened with the love triangle between Emma, Jesse and William.

      Thanks for reading, Jilly!

      Delete
  15. I can't believe Luke left! Poor Lyn, I can just imagine her waking up, only to find that he left. NOOOOO! She's definitely in a vulnerable state, and I have a veryyy creepy feeling that Brad will come back whilst Luke is gone, and she's going to make some bad decisions. That's why 'Emma' got married to a guy she didn't love... BECAUSE JESSE LEFT! *Panic attack*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Luke left! I think she should handle it okay, especially since she was able to spend some time with him, and she let a lot of her emotions out. If she falls apart, then he made the right choice. I don't think he'd want her to get too dependent on him either. But who knows? Jesse left and look what happened. Emma married someone else.

      There is a possibility that Brad could come back. If he does, I hope she stays strong and not find herself in a moment of weakness. If Luke can have self-control, so can she. *crossing fingers* lol

      Thanks for reading, Miranda!

      Delete
  16. I just read the new chapter, and it was great. I wish that Luke had at least said goodbye to Lyn! I hope she does not feel too bad, and I have a feeling that Brad is going to be coming around again, I hope she gives him a good telling off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristine, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! I know, Luke should have said goodbye, but he thought it would just make things harder for him and her.

      There's no telling how she'll react when she notices that he's gone. But I think Luke's presence, even though short, has helped her in some way. He was there for her as a friend, and he was even a shoulder for her to cry on. I think she's a bit stronger now. She will need that strength in case Brad comes back. lol

      Thanks for reading, Kristine!

      Delete
  17. Ok first: I laughed my ass off at the first picture. That man walking up that hill HAHAHA in game he has this shrewd looking bitch of a wife! When I played them randomly in AP I couldn't believe how that HOT ASS MAN got stuck with such a MEAN OLD BAT! He might have a dif wife in your game (but I doubt it). It was funny because he has this ex fiancee who was SMOKING HOT! Jason said she must have had something on him HAHAHA hoodoo or blackmail!

    ANYWAY they are both really experiencing some heavy flashbacks and memories in one another's presence. I found it quite interesting that neither of them really talked in depth about it though both know that the other felt and saw something to. What the hell are they waiting on?

    I love that Luke left. He feels too strongly for her to try and have sex at this point. He wants to build a deep connection first and friends in a time of need like this is the first step to a lasting relationship with someone you're almost certain shares your feelings as well. Leaving while she was sleeping may have also been his best bet because I know he would have melted seeing the pain in her eyes knowing he was leaving...probably would have bent her over the kitchen table at that point.

    Luke is a great guy and I do hope he keeps in contact with Lyn though he is heading home. A phone call (everyday) to check on her would be nice. And he is right, she does need time to sort through her shit. She just saw the douche and had those horrid flashbacks and now she's experiencing past love like it's a painful reminder of what she doesn't have! How much more can the poor girl take?

    So she'll get herself together and in the next oh...let's say...36 hours they'll have some brown chicken brown cow...the finger-licking good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I don't even recognize that guy! Who is he again? All I remember from the male AP townies are Benjamin the repairman, Kenji and this dude in a Hawaiian shirt. Now you got me wanting to play AP again to look for him! lol And I'm curious to see who his fiancee is too. Hahaha well, if he dropped the hot fiance to marry the mean old bat, then she must've sprinkled the good stuff on him. Or may she's just really good in bed. xD

      I think Lyn and Luke were a little overwhelmed by everything that's happened: her breakdown at the lake, her nightmare (flashbacks), Luke's flashbacks, on top of the growing sexual tension. It was hard enough that they were in a delicate situation but to have to deal with the intense emotional and sexual longings that they couldn't explain, it was bound complicate things even more.

      I think you may be the only person that was glad that Luke left. Everyone else wanted him to stay, even make love to her. I understand both sides of the ooin. It would have been a nice release for everyone (me, readers, characters) for them to give in to their desires and just lay their feelings on the line. I know they wanted to, at least the sexual part. The emotional part...that's the part that scares them, both having been hurt before. You're right, he would have lost it if he saw how devastated she would have been if he tried to walk out that door. HAHAHAHA bent over the kitchen table!! DAMN, that's hot. Mmmmm...xD

      Awwww, that would be so cute if they do keep in touch everyday. That would definitely keep them connected, as well as help Lyn stay grounded, no matter what situation she runs into, especially if she's still vulnerable. Just knowing she has Luke's support and friendship while she tries to get her life together will really help her out, more than he knows. If Brad tries to come back into her life again, she'll be in a better position to stay levelheaded. But who knows? When the heart wants what it wants, no amount of reason can talk it down.

      HAHAHA 36 hours??? DAMN, Luke might as well have stayed! You crack me up! Bow chicka wow wow! xD

      Thanks for reading, Daijah!

      Delete
  18. Oooh things are getting really interesting now!

    So, both Lyn and Luke are having the flashbacks/deja vu stuff. If things weren't complicated enough between them already, they have to deal with their past-life baggage too! I'm glad Luke left -- his self-control was slipping and getting physical with Lyn during this hurricane of emotions probably wouldn't end well. Don't get me wrong -- I will head the lynch mob if they don't end up together (tee hee, kidding), but damn it, it has to be perfect! I mean, look what happened to Jesse and Emma. They were clearly meant to be, but their timing was off and things didn't work out. Being with Brad almost messed things up for Luke and Lyn, but now that I think about it, he pretty much (inadvertently) brought them together. What's that saying... all roads lead to Rome? Only, in this case, all roads lead to Luke :D

    Oh, but although I get why he left without saying goodbye or leaving a note, I'm worried about how Lyn will react. Having a freshly broken heart might make her overreact to Luke's sudden disappearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Current life baggage as well as past life baggage. lol You and Daijah are the only ones that agreed with Luke's leaving. Everyone else wanted him to stay. You're right, he was losing control, and had he not left, they would have ended up having sex. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it's very risky, potentially jeopardizing their friendship and chances at getting involved later on.

      HAHA a lynch mob huh? Damn, I'm scared now. :D You're right though, it has to be perfect. Ideally, it would be perfect, with the stars/moonlight/a comet passing by by the water next to a unicorn. lol Oh wait...ummm...you get my drift. lol With Jesse and Emma it was definitely a case of bad timing...it just wasn't meant to be. Two people desperately in love but pride and misunderstandings got in the way. Hopefully the flashbacks will teach Lyn and Luke not to make the same mmistake, assuming they recognize the significance of these memories.

      I agree, if Lyn never met Brad, she may have never met Luke. I mean they could have potentially met in other circumstances but at this point we may never know. And if Brad hadn't cheated on Lyn, they would still be together, and we would never have known Luke and Lyn's connection since there would be no need for her to move to AP. HAHA all roads lead to Luke! I love it!

      I know, Lyn's reaction can go either way: she can resent Luke for disappearing (like Emma did with Jesse) or she can be a little bit stronger because of his presence, no matter how short. She's still vulnerable but I think he's made an impact on her...more than she knows.

      Thanks for reading, Meghan!

      Delete
  19. I've just finished reading this story from the beginning(going though the summaries just isn't the same) and I love it, I thought I wrote good sex scenes but DAMN, I've got nothing on you 6_6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AddyKat, welcome to my blog! Thank you for checking out my story, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

      HAHA awww, thank you for the kind words about my sex scenes. Wait, that sounds weird. lol I really do enjoy writing these scenes, even though they can get graphic at thimes, but I always try to make them enjoyable for the readers. Especially when there's strong chemistry between two characters.

      I'll be sure to check your story out as well. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  20. You teased us!!! LOL

    I understand why he left, but I just hope that Lynn understands. I hope she isn't hurt by it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL!! Soweee!! That was just a little sampler for Luke, Lyn and...us. xD But seriously, Luke found himself in a moment of weakness and stopped himself just in time before it was too late.

    Luke had good reason to leave. I'm sure Lyn will understand. She'll be pissed, but she'll find a way to deal with it.

    Thanks for reading, Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sad that Luke left. I hope he comes back soon to AP for Lyn.

    I think I know what happened at Hangman's Tree and it's giving me shivers. Unless I'm wrong and worrying for nothing. =/

    Ok so I've been wondering this for awhile, but how on earth are your screenshots so nice?? They look kind of dreamlike, with a nostalgic tint to the photos (not just the ones with faded edges).
    My favorite shot here is the 6th picture, with the flowers and the starry night sky...wow. I also love love love Luke's eyes when he's looking up at Lyn in her bedroom. His eyes are so intense! I swear, he's an occupational hazard at work since his intense eyes could definitely light something on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words about my screenshots. It took over a year of practice to play around with the angles a bit. For the flashbacks/dream sequences, I use "frost" and when I edit my photos, I soften them. You can find those features in any photo editing sites. With the 6th picture, I wanted to capture Jesse and Emma's moment just as Luke was leaving that flashback, so we can get a full glimpse of the private moment at the barren oak tree.

      You're right, Luke does have intense eyes. You know, I could never figure out it but that's the word! Intense! It's like he can just eat you alive. Haha occupational hazard. He may have accidentally caused that fire at Brad and Lyn's apartment. Which he ironically had to put out. :P

      Thanks for your feedback, Emerain!

      Delete