Friday, August 9, 2013

Chapter Forty-Seven (You And I)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 46 (Love Won't Let Me Wait)
-The sight of Luke in such pain overpowered my ability to reason.
-I knew that once we crossed the boundaries of our friendship,
there would be no turning back.
-The moment our lips met, nothing else mattered.
-We made love like there was no tomorrow---
raw, without inhibitions, without reservations, finally surrendering
to lifetimes of desire, need and separation.
-He brought me out of my shell, I cradled his broken heart.
-Together, we bridged the past and present through 
emotional, physical and spiritual release.
-Luke proved to me that he was better than Brad in every way.
-He showed me an assertive, dominant side of himself, which I loved.
-I taught him that I was there no matter what,
 even when he got emotional, even when he struggled to keep going.
-Everything, including the history and feelings, 
came back---along with Jesse.
-I found myself falling in love with Luke.
-I found myself completely terrified.

*Graphic sexual content, strong language*

 photo Screenshot-1-6.jpg

Location: 1557 Memorial Parkway
Date: Wednesday, 11/9/2011
Time: 7:25 a.m.

When I open my eyes, I find myself sprawled out on the wooden floor, in Luke’s arms. I smile to myself as flashbacks of his fervent hands and mouth on my body resurface, and my heart does little tumbles. When I glance at the alarm clock next to the nightstand, it’s already past seven. I hadn’t planned on staying this long, let alone the night, but there’s no way I can make it back to Appaloosa on time. It would take me over two hours just to drive back. By now, I’d be in my classroom setting up the lessons for the day, grading assignments or making last minute copies. 

After peeling myself off his beautiful, naked, sleeping body, I tiptoe towards his computer to create an emergency subplan that includes today’s assignments and classroom procedures. Luckily, I already planned out my lessons for a whole month and they are accessible online. Immediately after letting the school secretary know that I’m not feeling well, I email her my instructions for the substitute teacher.  I feel a pang of guilt for not showing up for work, but Luke is more important right now, and he needs me. All I want to do is spend the rest of the day with him.

After searching his fridge and cabinets, I find enough ingredients to make his favorite: pancakes. I remember him telling me that there’s nothing hotter than a girl that can cook. In her undies. So here I am, waiting for the bubbles to appear in the batter, before I flip it on the buttered pan---in the same bra and panties that I showed up with yesterday.

 “Mmm,” a deep, velvety voice brushes the side of my neck as strong, warm arms envelop my waist, pulling me against an oh-so-familiar muscular body. “Morning, babygirl.”

“Morning daddy,” I whisper, trying to control the swarm of butterflies circling at the pit of my stomach. Did I just call him daddy? Lord help me.   

“God, that’s hot.” His lips slowly graze the length of my collarbone; planting impossibly light kisses on my bare skin, making me nearly collapse in weakness. “Say it again.”

“M-morning daddy,” I stammer, leaning against him as my eyes close shut, savoring the way he naturally smells in the cool dew of fall morning---with nothing but his boxer briefs on. His just-woke-up voice sounds even deeper, nearly vibrating through my eardrums with just a hint of baritone. And need. Impatient, aching need.

 photo Screenshot-122.jpg

Somehow I finished making the rest of the pancakes despite the agonizing distraction of Luke’s body against mine. If his hands moved any higher…or lower…that would have been it. I would have been bent over the stove again and I wouldn’t have cared if I burned myself. With the sweet aroma of toasty vanilla lingering in the air---reminiscent of a bakery---I watch the pat of butter melt on my plate of hot, golden brown, crumbly little cakes.

Quietly, I break off a piece with my fork and drag it on a small moat of maple syrup before dropping it in my mouth. For the first time, I am at a loss for words, knowing Luke is right in front of me. Usually there’s a comfortable, playful energy between us; allowing us to talk about everything and anything. When we’re on the phone, the words practically burst upon hearing each other’s voices and we have to consciously say ‘sorry, go ahead’.

But now…now that we’ve bared our bodies and souls to each other, now that we’ve seen a glimpse of each other’s vulnerabilities through unrestrained physical passion----I find myself nervous---and helpless in his presence. It’s like slowly sinking into quicksand and all I can do is watch myself submerge, with no one in sight to lend me a hand.

After taking another bite, he carefully studies my face. His mouth curves into a smile as he asks, “Did you get any sleep?”

“A little bit, you?”

“A little bit.”

“I hope you feel better this morning,” I return his sexy smile, which just absolutely melts my insides.

“Yes…I do.” His pale green eyes light up, unveiling the dark clouds of grief contaminating their clarity, and for a brief moment, they glow in silent gratitude.

“I’m glad,” I reply softly before I look away and focus on my barely-touched pancakes. I know there’s nothing I can do to bring his father back. If I could, I would. But if I can take away his pain even for just a moment, it makes everything worth it. Even if all I can be to him is a good friend.

 photo Screenshot-32-2.jpg

I can feel his gaze burning through me; stirring the loose, elecrtrically charged particles flittering around us before sucking them in our vicinity; buzzing around, condensing---until it feels like the air is solidifying, it’s so thick. As my pulse steadily climbs, ordering my lungs to catch up, our eyes lock in an infinite dance; yielding, beckoning. A sudden craving for him, for his body, for his skin, for his touch, for his mouth. A desperate need to dive into a hazy ocean of muffled breaths, deep moans, hasty thrusts, gyrating tongues and sticky, salty sweat.

“There’s…” I manage to voice my thoughts as my shyness dissolves, but my thighs continue to press together; shifting in my seat, feeling my panties getting soaked. “There’s one thing I didn’t get to do last night.”

His Adam’s apple slowly moves up and down his throat. “And…what’s that?”

Holding his eyes captive---which are now a slick forest green---I leave my seat, quietly moving towards him until my breasts are level with his face. Now looking up at me, his hands reach blindly for my hips. I nearly jump at his touch, sending shivers up my spine before they escape my mouth as a soft moan. Breathlessly, I cup his handsome face, briefly tracing its symmetrical contours with my fingers before they run through his thick, brown hair.

“This.” I lower myself until my knees make contact with the hard wooden floor, until I’m the one looking up at him, nestled comfortably between his legs.

“Oh, shit.” He lets out a quick breath, sitting back languidly in his chair, completely caught off guard.

“I want to feel you,” my hands slowly roam up and down his thighs before tugging at his boxer briefs, freeing his substantial erection. “Taste you,” my fingers circle him at the base, squeezing as my hand gently moves up and down his hard length. “Suck you,” my eyes continue to probe his as I lean close enough to bury nearly all of him between my breasts.

“Mother of---” he bucks, nearly whimpering, “Lyn, you don’t…have to do this.”

“I want to. I want to so bad.” I continue to stroke him, pleading with my eyes, with my most angelic voice, until the only vocabulary that can possibly come out of his mouth is ‘yes’. “Please, Luke. Let me.”

He nods quietly.

I give him a gratified smile before I lean in and slowly run my tongue up and down the whole length of his shaft. The mere whiff of his slightly musky scent---mixed with his sweat and undeniably masculine pheromones---sends me over the edge. With my fingers holding him at the base, I slowly engulf him with my hot, moist mouth; one thick inch at a time, until I can feel him tickling the back of my throat. As his breathing quickens, so does the movement of my mouth, squeezing him, licking him and tasting his sweet saltiness. “Mmm…so hard…so smooth in my mouth,” I whisper as I alternate between gently sucking the head and swirling my tongue around it, “you taste better than I imagined.”

“Oh my God, Lyn...” he cries out in a nearly inaudible gasp as he reaches for my head and takes a clump of my hair in his hand.

“Don’t hold back. Come on, Luke. Say it.”

“Yes…yesss, suck it. God baby, that tongue,” he presses himself deeper into my mouth, nearly pulling my hair, “Keep swirling it like that…holy fuck!”

“Mmmm,” stroking him even faster, I watch my saliva drip down his balls, getting insanely turned on at his response, at the steamy heat radiating between us, with the way his body reacts to my touch. My tongue returns to the head, licking and flicking it around the edges like a cone of melting soft serve ice cream. “Like that?”

“Just…l-like…that…”

 photo Screenshot-42-3.jpg

His breathing deepens as he slumps back in the chair; throbbing and pulsating in my mouth and hand, knowing he’s approaching his release. In a dizzy state of nirvana, I steal a glance at his face---head tilted back, mouth parted, thighs trembling, eyes closed, chest heaving mixed with guttural cries of pleasure. That’s it. That’s the glimpse of heaven. That’s the place he took me to last night. Just the sight of pure, unadulterated bliss on his face ramps up my senses, and I get ready for his climax. “Come hard for me, daddy. In my mouth.”

He murmurs, “I wanna come inside you.”

In savage impatience, he effortlessly lifts me up and places me on the dining table, right between our plates of cold, half-eaten pancakes. He pulls my panties down and enters me hard and fast; in frantic bursts, his hot breath on my face, until his mouth finds my breasts and frees them from my bra. Licking, sucking, biting the nipples hard. I cry out in pain, moaning, urging him to go deeper…and deeper…and deeper…until there is nowhere else in this universe he can possibly call his home. As the table shakes, I can hear the subtle clink of the forks and ceramic plates until they meet their inevitable descent on the floor with a loud crash.

“Do you…feel me?” he whispers raggedly as he pumps faster, shooting a copious amount of hot, thick liquid inside my swollen walls.

“Yes…I feel you,” I whimper, caressing his flushed face, “I always f-feel you.”

 photo Screenshot-124.jpg

After the aftermath of our unexpected breakfast tryst, Luke picks me up from the table and holds on to my shoulders as I try to regain my balance. In a daze, I slowly pull my panties back up. "Um…our breakfast is all over the floor,” I observe, completely taken aback at the sight of mangled pancakes, sticky syrup, plate fragments and forks under the table.

“Yeah,” he lifts me up and takes a few steps back, away from the crime scene. “Sorry about that.”

“You are sooo not sorry.” I snicker, turning my face slightly until our eyes meet, his lips only a breath away from mine. I reach over to caress the angle of his jawline---feeling the stubble of facial hair---before pulling him in to plant a soft, lingering kiss on his lips. My heart. Oh, my poor heart. How it aches for him. What a terrifying, yet enchanting feeling this is, to fall in love with my best friend. To feel so much passion for someone that I trust more than anything. To feel completely safe, yet it feels as if I’m being dangled in the middle of a giant fire pit, and all I have to hold on to is a thin string of trepidation.

“You’re right. I’m not,” he chuckles, squeezing me even tighter, “I’d much rather have you for breakfast.”

“God...”

“I can’t help it. I want you so bad.”

“Mmm…I want you too.”

He gently nibbles on my earlobe and whispers, “You know what I’ve always wanted to do?”

“T-tie me up and…” The words barely form from my thoughts as his warm breath melts my neck, causing shivers to trickle down my arms. “Drop…melted candlewax…all over my naked body?”

“Um…no, but that sounds hot as hell.”

I shake my head and laugh. “What then?”

“I’ve always wanted to slow dance with you.”

Be still my heart. My poor, foolish heart. It just exploded into a million unsuspecting pieces. “Really?”

“Really. My parents used to…all the time.”

 photo Screenshot-15.jpg

“My dad would sing this Stevie Wonder song to my mom,” he reminisces as he turns me around and pulls me close to him, until our bodies are pressed cozily against each other. Our eyes meet again. Slowly, I wrap my arms around his neck, following the silent sway of his body, a sort of hypnotizing pendulum of our heartbeats alternating, knowing we’ve done this before in another life, possibly many lives. The familiarity is so astounding, yet so new, because it is in fact our first time. “The song that…that they danced to...on their wedding.”

I nod quietly.

“And you know my dad…he can’t---couldn’t sing worth a damn tune. But…he’d pour his heart out to my mom…and…and…they would just get lost in each other…and---”

“Everything else disappears?”

“Yes,” he nods.  His eyes become heavy and misty as they search mine; a loneliness so overwhelming that it grips my heart, nearly suffocating me. I know that feeling. I’ve known it all my life; that search, that inexplicable void, that need to find someone I can share all parts of myself with---the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. As if it’s the only way to survive the realities of this cold, harsh world. I thought I was just being a hopeless romantic, but I was wrong. It was Luke that I was looking for all along. I somehow knew he existed, even if he was a figment of my naïve imagination. And somehow, as if reading my mind, he sings, “Here we are on earth together, it’s you and I.”

“Oh, Luke,” I smile, deliriously haunted by the tenderness and vulnerability in his voice, “That’s one of my favorite songs in the whole world.”

"God has made us fall in love, it's true." He continues, his forehead touching mine, an exchange of static energy between our skins, "I really found someone like you."

“I only pray that I have shown you a brighter day,” I add, kissing the tip of his nose. Of all the songs he had to pick, it’s the one closest to my heart, with lyrics I know like the back of my hand. Without warning, I become bombarded with dangerous visions. Marrying this man, sharing a home with him, having his beautiful children and loving him; trying to make him happy---until death temporarily parts us again. I can feel it. I can taste it. Being this close to that kind of happiness, it hurts. It hurts to want it, and it hurts even more not to have it. A warm tear trickles down my face as I continue, “Because that’s all I am living for, you see. Don’t worry what happens to me.”

“Lyn…”

“Hmm?”

“Why aren’t we together?”

 photo Screenshot-16.jpg

Why aren’t we together? This question echoes in my mind over and over again. It’s so simple, I almost don’t trust it. Not even the strong gust of snow peeking from the windows can distract me from the truth of this question---perhaps even the sharp truth of the answer. It’s almost like the sun peering into my face and asking what would I would do if it stopped shining. What would I do? I would die. I would slowly freeze in bleak darkness. "Luke…”

“After everything we’ve been through, we found each other again,” he gently grabs my chin, forcing me to meet his gaze, “What are we waiting for?”

“I just don’t want to rush into things.”

“Lyn, I’ve waited two years and God knows how many lifetimes for you! How much longer can I wait?”

“I don’t know, okay?” I look away, feeling angry at him for putting me on the spot. A myriad of thoughts run through my head, crashing into each other in conflict. So much has happened. What I went through with Brad, what I went through with William and Jesse, and now this. So, so close to my happy ending, yet mortified that I might lose it all. Can I survive that kind of pain again? “I just…I don’t need all this pressure right now!”

“No,” he murmurs as he pulls away from me, allowing the cool draft of air to wedge itself between us, “not this again.”

“What?”

“Why are you making it so complicated?”

“I’m not! I just need time!”

“If you don’t want to be with me now, you’ll never want to be with me.”

“That’s not true!”

"Will it say
The love you feel for me
Will it say that you will
Be by my side
To see me through
Until my life is through”

 photo Screenshot-17-1.jpg

“Go back to Brad! Marry him! Have his kids!” His eyes---which were filled with warmth and tenderness just a few minutes ago--- are now piercing me with brutal contempt. His once gentle words now swarm me like sharp icicles, burrowing through me unexpectedly and deliberately. This sudden change in energy is quite unnerving, further fueling the growing distance between us. “I really don’t give a shit anymore!”

“Luke, that’s not fair!”

“Just leave!”

 Just leave? Just leave?? He won’t even give me a chance to explain myself. After everything that’s happened, after what we just shared, he pushes me away, making me feel like a damn fool. I’m so immobilized by my own shock that there’s nothing left but anger. Seething, boiling, throbbing anger from a place I can’t even remember, making me cry out, “Oh, so you want to put all the blame on me? YOU left for war! YOU left me pregnant and all alone! YOU left the next day when we got too close and almost had sex! When I needed you the---”

His eyes widen. “Lyn---”

“Let me finish!  You were a scared little chicken shit. Instead of staying with me, you left. That’s what you do. I fall for you and you end up leaving me!”

“You know what? Just go! I wish---” his voice breaks, followed by flooded eyes, “I wish I never met you!”  

“You sure about that, Luke?” I find the strength to keep my composure, despite the daggers and knives and razor blades attacking my heart like a pack of wild hyenas, ripping it to bloody shreds. It takes whatever ounce of pride I have left not to let my voice falter. “You really…want me out of your life?”

Silence.

“F-fine,” I mutter, quickly slipping into my jeans and top, unable to control the hot tears dripping down my face. “I won’t b-bother you again.”

I grab my purse from the nightstand and head towards the door.

“Lyn…”

I pause.

“I love you….”

Despite every fiber of my being screaming at me to turn around, I open the door and walk out.

 photo Screenshot-119.jpg

"Cause' in my mind,
You will stay here always
In love, you and I
You and I
You and I"

*Copyright 2013 Lyn C.S.*
------------------------------------

"You And I" by Stevie Wonder
Video by: kcamowje

30 comments:

  1. What the......What in the world just happened there at the very end of the story? I was really hoping that they would have had their happy ending....but he just.... I can't even think or the correct word at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pinky, welcome to my blog. I can't really say much at this point but hopefully the next chapters will help explain how this one ended.

      Thanks for your feedback :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my....what???? I am...what just happened??? No, no, no, no!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok so like others I was and am in a state of shock over what happened at the end of this chapter. As much as I want to see both Lyn and Luke happy, I am now left to wonder if that can be done if they are together. :(

      First Lyn: How does one go from this: I’ve known it all my life; that search, that inexplicable void, that need to find someone I can share all parts of myself with---the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. As if it’s the only way to survive the realities of this cold, harsh world. I thought I was just being a hopeless romantic, but I was wrong. It was Luke that I was looking for all along. I somehow knew he existed, even if he was a figment of my naïve imagination.

      and this: Without warning, I become bombarded with dangerous visions. Marrying this man, sharing a home with him, having his beautiful children and loving him; trying to make him happy---until death temporarily parts us again.

      to this:“I just don’t want to rush into things.” or this: “I’m not! I just need time!”

      I don't understand how she can see herself with him in such a way, feel he is the piece she's been missing and not be able to answer the question on why they aren't together. Lyn at this point I think confuses sex with love. She did it with Brad and she's doing it now with Luke. She has amazing sexual chemsitry with both, but what do they have on that deeper level?

      But then she made a very good point on how she views his actions. He left, he did leave. In the past life and in this one he ran. Now he went to war the first time, not sure if it was because he was drafted or if he wanted to go (can't remember if you said or not). If he wanted to go, when things were getting deep with them then that was a very chicken shit move. (Sorry Luke/Jesse) She was left alone, pregnant, and vulneruble. Now I'm not sure where William played in at that point with her able to marry him and him belive that Jesse's daughter was his. Again my memeroy isn't the best always so if that was covered sorry. Now for Luke, granted he didn't want to take advantage of her with the sex thing, but he could have handled that a different way. To just leave, no note, nothing, but just left. He ran. Again. I can almost see why Lyn would be hesistant to jump right in. His track record hasn't been the best.

      Luke: My Luke. I've loved you from the start and I still do however I am deeply concerned right now. I understand he's grieving and he has a lot of emotions he's fighting right now but the way he lashed out was hard. He didn't seem to realize it until Lyn called him on his shit but by then it was too late I think. Especially since his reaction to what she said wasn't to apologize or even stop to think about what she said and what she also might be dealing with (and yes again I get he is blinded by grief and other emotions) no what he did is say more hurtful things. You kick her out, after the moments you shared last night and again in the morning. You kick her out because you don't like what she has to say, and she had a point there. I really think he thought saying I love you at the end would get her back because he was letting his pride get in the way at that point. He was/is done fighting, but he hasn't really fought yet. He ran. He hasn't faced his part in all of this just as Lyn still hasn't faced all her demons yet.

      Delete
    2. so they aren't ready. As much as I wanted this to be the start to their happy ending, they aren't ready. :(

      I said in last chapter I expected their first time to be more gentle that what it was. I have to agree with Marsar when she wonders how Lyn can view it as she does. But I think I answered part of that in the beginning of this comment when I said I think Lyn confuses sex and love at times. She uses it as a way to not deal. She's good at the sex, its the other parts she runs from and that is an issue. What they had last night and this morning was raunchy, dirty, sex. It was great mind blowing sex, but it was sex.

      So again I say, as sad as it makes me, they aren't ready. :(

      This chapter left me frustrated and pissed off. And I suspect when you wrote it you knew this would happen. I always do when I right chapters like this. (I get prepared for the hate mail LOL) And I don't know if this is hate or just the total feeling of dread thinking this isn't going to end like I want it.

      They again had unprotected sex, so a baby is likely. Would Lyn keep the child away from Luke? I would like to say no but after reading this I'm not sure. Would he be hurt just as Jesse was? Yes but I see her doing it out of spite and anger since he did say he wished he'd never met her. What I don't want, and fear will happen is her running back to Brad. He will be there to pick up the pieces and she will rush off and marry him even if its not what she really wants. I just fear she won't stop and think everything through and that will lead to more heartache. I would like to hope that Brad has grown at least a little bit and not let her do that no matter how much he wants her, but he's slime (sorry still don't really like him) and he will take her anyway he can get her.

      I'm sad and rambling now so I'll stop. But this was one of those chapters that just...well you know.

      Delete
    3. Lyn is realizing that Luke is the one she's been searching for all her life, not Brad. And the things that she wanted with Brad are the things she wants with Luke. A happy ending. Luke's emotional state after his father's death, her emotional state after what happened in this/the previous life and the intense sexual expression/release became too much for her. She's so used to the disappointments in her life that it can't be as simple as wondering why they're not together. Being handed happiness on a plate, in front of her, almost seems like there's a catch. It can't be that simple. The irony is that it is that simple. But she's so terrified of getting hurt again that her reaction was a defense mechanism to push him away again.

      Sex is definitely important to Lyn. It's a form of intimacy that she craves and it's a way she feels close to someone. The physical rush definitely heightens her feelings for that person so yes, it's easy for her to confuse sex with love. She craves passion, it makes her feel alive but like you said it also brings out her demons that she hasn't fully dealt with. I think the unexpected graphic sexual content in the last two chapters surprised readers and to some extent probably made them uncomfortable since it doesn't follow the typical "I love you-I love you too-now we can be together" pattern. Nor did they "make love" in the typical expected way. So I can see why readers miss the connection with Lyn when it comes to how meaningful the experience was for her.

      Jesse wasn't drafted for war, he left because he got scared. He came from a poor family while Emma came from wealth. He didn't feel good enough for her and he didn't feel like he could give her the type of life she deserves. So he ran, not knowing that all Emma wanted was his love. She didn't care about money. She just wanted him. But they never had that "talk". So Emma ended up pregnant, alone and she had to marry William to secure her own future.

      Luke ended up doing the same thing. He got scared by his feelings for Lyn and he ran when they got too close and almost had sex. He rationalized this as the need to give her time and not interfere with her life, and that's true to some extent since he cares about her. The reality was he didn't want to be the rebound guy since he was afraid that Lyn still loved Brad. Looking back now, if Luke stayed, Lyn would have gotten closer to him and she would have eventually given in to her feelings. Because she already had them from the beginning. But Luke ran again, leaving her high and dry. The good that came out of this was a friendship that developed.

      The final straw for Lyn was when he lashed out and said he wished he never met her. After exposing herself to him and feeling very vulnerable and finally realizing he's "the one", she gets rejected. What made it really hurt was the tender moments they shared before it went downhill and she didn't see it coming. This just brought back all of the negative memories from this life and the past life and that's when she realized his pattern. He gets scared, pushes her away and runs. She just got tired of the bullshit between him and Brad and she left.

      There's a possibility that she might run back to Brad to spite Luke or even use the baby (if she gets pregnant)to hurt him. If they don't resolve their issues, they will end up repeating the same patterns.

      Thanks for your feedback, Mica :)

      Delete
  3. ~ No,no,no,nono!
    ~ NO!!!!!!!!
    ~ Just NO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh noooooooooo. what what......... how? why?...it was just starting ........... they were just (takes a long deep breath) ok what just happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, welcome to my blog. I know, this chapter turned into an unexpected twist. Hang in there, a few more chapters to go and you will see how this all pans out.

      Thanks for your feedback :)

      Delete
  5. OK, so I'm having a really hard time trying to understand either Lyn or Luke, and I'm just about to give up on them entirely (I don't mean giving up on the story, I'm really curious as to where this is heading).

    About Luke, ummm,... I wasn't expecting that blunt outburst. He's so gentle sometimes, but he can also be a bit of an asshole some other times (yes, I've been reading Heat, I'm not done yet, though). I know he's in mourning, but does he have a split personality or something? o.O

    And I don't actually get how their -rather raw- sexual encounters have been so meaningful to Lyn. I mean, purely lustful sex is perfectly alright, but I think they've lacked that level of intimacy needed to make it as "transcending" as Lyn seems to be perceiving the whole interaction. Of course, it's just my opinion, but I found that kind of strange.

    In any case, you have a great gift for story telling, I hope you won't be mad at me, it's just your characters that are annoying sometimes :-). Oh, and the last pic was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Jazen is right. Lyn does confuse sex with love. Sex is a very important part of love, but there's more to it that Lyn is not dealing with (neither of them are, actually).

      I'm afraid there's still a long way for them to go :-(.

      Delete
    2. I get how frustrating they can be. You want them to see or do things a certain way and they end up doing the complete opposite. Luke is a gentle guy but he's brutal when he's crossed or when he's hurt. His outburst towards Lyn resulted from lifetimes of frustration and his father's grief opened that door. Emma wouldn't leave William, Abigail turned out to be his daughter, and just when it seemed like Jesse was finally going to be with Emma, William kills them. In this life, Luke wanted to be with Lyn but she was loyal to Brad. Then when he tried to tell her how he feels, she pushes him away and made it seem like she was going back to Brad. And now that they finally made love and things feel right, she still hesitates and that really hurt him. So he got tired of it.

      Everybody has their own interpretation of this story based on their experiences and belief systems. Some readers may see some things while others don't. It really depends on their perspective and how well they connect with the characters. That doesn't mean it minimizes what the characters experience though. Lyn felt the experience was transcending and meaningful, so that's how she saw it.

      LOL it's funny how you thought I'd be mad at you. I can never be upset at my readers as long as they express their opinions respectfully. I knew going in that if put my story out there for people to read, I will get mixed reactions. Not everyone will like it or connect with it. So I don't take it personally. The fact that people read the story is good enough for me, and if I made it worth their time then that makes me happy. I've done my job.

      Trust me, my characters have been called far worse things than annoying. lol They have a mind of their own. :P

      Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Marsar :)

      Delete
  6. I just...

    Okay, can't say more than that right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mica pretty much said everything I would have.

      I'm still pretty much heartbroken by this.

      *goes to play Luke and Lyn in my game in glorious, blissful ignorance*

      Delete
    2. Sorry Karri, I knew this chapter would break your heart :( HUGS! All I can tell you is, just trust that there's good reason for everything that's happening. And you will get to see how this all pans out soon.

      LOL I love how you go and play them in your game and refuse to accept what just happened. That's the beauty of Sims. You get to borrow them and make them your own :D

      Thanks for your feedback :)

      Delete
  7. Oh boy, looks like Luke has some explaining to do. This story is such a rollercoaster ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, Luke has some grovelling to do if he doesn't want to lose Lyn for good. This story has definitely been a roller coaster ride, even for me. The ride is almost over though, so that will be a relief.

      Thanks for your feedback, Kristine :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh Lyn what happened that chapter 47 of Memoirs had the most shocking and saddest ending ive ever read. Over all though your writting has really improved and this has to be the best ive seen out of you yet. I think you need to take the story out of 2011 though its 2013 now and this year is about 4 months from being over. Take care I really enjoyed this update. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had the way I had to end this chapter and I knew it was going to shock a lot of readers. But there's a big reason for it and you will find out soon. I agree, I've come a long way since I first started this story in 2011. I've had almost two years of practice. lol

      There are three chapters left in this story and two chapters left in Heat. It will be a nice relief to be done with both.

      Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Tom :)

      Delete
  9. What the hell happened??
    Don't do this to me again!! I was sooooo happy that they were getting together and now this!! What are they doing?:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I knew this chapter would break your heart :( HUGS!! All I can is, just trust that I had good reason for doing this and you will see how it pans out in the end.

      Luke and Lyn are acting out of fear and frustration. They are pushing each other away. Let's hope they come to their senses and figure it out before it's too late.

      Thanks for your feedback, Clairey :)

      Delete
  10. The question here is will they see each other and be together? Lyn is right though in their last life together he left her because he was scared and he couldn't answer her.

    I cant believe she left but well done Lyn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's so funny how you are the only person that's happy with this outcome. Everyone else is pissed off, frustrated, shocked or sad.

      Thanks for your feedback, Lckygirl :)

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry...but...WHAT THE HELL, LUKE?!

    Look, I get where he is coming from, and if I was in his position, I would wonder the same. But at the same time? I don't get it at all. She still needs time to get over what Brad did to her, over the loss of her child that she would've had with him, and the fact she still needs time to get over the fact that she TRIED TO KILL HERSELF. I'm not quite sure how much time has gone on story wise, but Luke, OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, should get why she doesn't want to rush.

    ALSO. So unfair of Luke to bring up a past life to her. That's in the past, she is not who she was in the past, nor is Luke the same person. They are two different people in this life, so it is quite unfair of him to bring up what happened back then into this life. Also the fact they haven't even gone on one date with each other, I mean, WTF?! I'm sorry, Lyn, but I quite honestly want to take a pillow to Luke's head and beat him with it until he can see the light

    I do get where they are both coming from, but at the same time, I think they both need to see that what they were yelling at each other is THE PAST. It isn't their current life, and while I can understand it probably is overwhelming them, it doesn't make it their future. It doesn't mean Brad is going to come kill them, it doesn't mean Lyn(story Lyn) is gonna get pregnant and that Luke is gonna leave her. It doesn't mean any of that and so they need to see that their past lives only mean one thing, that they had a past with each other. That's all

    I just...ugh *facekeyboard* I just...ugh. I think Luke and Lyn need each other more than Brad and Lyn do to a degree. But this chapter...it makes me wonder...if they end up together, are they gonna be like this with most fights? "YOU LEFT ME WHILE I WAS PREGNANT, SO TAKE OUT THE TRASH" "YOU MARRIED ANOTHER MAN WHILE PREGNANT WITH MY CHILD, WASH THE DISHES!" You know what I mean? I just...I have no idea

    I just think neither of them have the right to yell at them because of something that happened in the past life. Because it is that a PAST life. Not a present life, not a future life, but a past. Sorry, girl, but you need to tell Luke that I am not happy with him for bringing that up, and if I could, I would bonk him with a pillow

    But...other than all that, quite great chapters, very well written, still very jealous of your writing xD I can't wait till the next update to see what happens next.

    AND IN A RANDOM NOTE! I hope Luke didn't send her back into Brad's arms to start this cycle over again...*shakes her head* those two need a good sit down session and a good talking to. Which, by the way, I would be happy to give!

    *hugs* Hope you are doing well! ^^ And like I said, can't wait till the next update! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the main reason why Lyn hesitated when Luke asked why they aren't together. It just reminded her of everything that's gone wrong in her present and past life. Brad cheating, the loss of her baby and her near-suicide. Then learning about the tragic end to her previous life. She got really scared of losing Luke again, now that she realizes he's "the one".

      Luke's outburst came from lifetimes of frustration and he hit a brick wall many times with Lyn: Emma's refusal to leave William, Lyn's decision to work things out with Brad even though he was taking her for granted, Lyn's "seeming" decision to go back with Brad after everything that's happened and now her hesitation when he asks why they're together. It's almost like, "If Brad screwing your sister and my father's death doesn't convince you that we belong together, nothing will." He was really hurt by this and he just got tired of it. Unfortunately, he said some hurtful things to Lyn out of anger, and by the time he realized it, it was too late. He didn't realize how rejected and foolish he made her feel.

      I agree that their past lives should have been buried in the past, but they never really dealt with it. This was lifetimes of frustration and it was bound to surface eventually. Luke and Lyn acted out in fear and frustration and they ended up pushing each other away. They are both afraid of being hurt again. And by the looks of things, they seem to be repeating the same cycle.

      Like you said, if they don't resolve their personal issues and come to terms with what happened in the past and present, they will end up sabotaging their own happiness. So it's very important that they realize this if they want any chance of making it work in this life. Otherwise, it's back to the same cycle.

      LOL I will definitely let Luke know how pissed off you are. The next and last two chapters of Heat will show how he is dealing with all this. Well, he pushed Lyn away and sent her running so she might take refuge in Brad's arms. If she hasn't learned anything. If she has, she'll think things through first. Hmm..maybe you can slap some sense into them. :P

      Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Vera :) Hope everything is going well for you. HUGS!

      Delete
  12. OMG!!!
    I didn't even get to send you the full version of my vision and you posted almost 75% of it in this chapter????? I think my vision was actually an out of body experience that merged with your mind... THIS is what I saw!!! More or less Lyn's outburst, but yeah... Down to Luke's 'I love you'
    I keep telling you guys I'm psychic, but damn it, no one really believes me....

    I wasn't online for quite a while with school evaluations last week, which is why I didn't post you my vision, and now I feel I don't need to (also because I've misplaced it in the mess my room has become, but yeah...) I'm speechless, really!

    Not because of what happened, because as you know I already saw it coming.
    It actually happened.
    I'm speechless, because now I don't know what will happen next. I'm sitting on nails now waiting for the next chapter.

    My poor baby Luke, I didn't mean for this to happen hun, I'm sorry! The world works in mysterious way. Maybe I'm the secret admirer from Jesse and Emma's time that killed herself too to be with you in the next life... forget about Lyn! I can call you daddy too!

    But seriously, I agree with Jaz, they're not ready. And the way I see it, like my comment in the last chapter, this is an exact repeat of their lives as Jesse and Emma. I hope in doesn't result in 1. another killing spree or 2. them not being able to work it out so it stretches into another reincarnation. Remember me talking about an endless loop.

    Prove me wrong Lynnie (you)!
    Can't wait for more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's crazy! I wrote 75% of your vision? That's really interesting since I've already planned out all my chapters to the very end, even screenshots. Even before you shared a summary of your vision, I already knew this was going to happen. Hmmm...maybe you did have an out of body experience and picked at my mind. :P

      I couldn't say anything before this because I didn't want to give anything away but yeah, I was amazed at your theory and how much it paralleled the ending of this chapter. I was like...holy crap! How did she pick up on this?

      Awww, you're so sweet for feeling bad for Luke. It's not your fault. A secret admirer that killed herself so she can come back for Luke? LOL you are nuts. And you totally cracked me up with the daddy comment. But seriously, he gets insanely turned on when someone calls him that. It drives him crazy. :P

      You are definitely on to something about the endless loop. Luke and Lyn appear to be repeating the same patterns that got them in trouble in the last life. Let's hope that they'll wake up and realize this before it's too late.

      Thanks for your feedback, JM :)

      Delete
  13. Well that was a dumb move. Lyn's an idiot and about this time, she really needs to just be miserable with Brad forever. Luke is too good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lyn felt pressured but Luke didn't have to be so harsh either. Both of them acted out of fear and frustration, which led to this.

    ReplyDelete