Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chapter Forty-Nine (Amazing)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 48 (Hurt)
-Instead of driving back to Appaloosa, I decided to stop by
my parents' house. 
-My dad answered the door and I ended up crying in his arms
when he told me how much he missed me.
-He asked for my forgiveness, for not protecting me more
and being more involved.
-I admitted that I never felt like I was good enough, that
my parents loved Naveah more.
-My dad reassured me that he has always loved me but
he just didn't know how to show it.
-When I found out that my parents kicked my sister
out after Brad told them what happened, my mom got
upset and blame me for everything.
-I got fed up and finally gave her a piece of my mind.
-I told my mom that if I ever became a mother, I
hope I never become like her.
-When I went back to work, I had a parent-teacher
conference with Calla and her mom.
-It turned out that Rosie is also the same woman
that abandoned Brad.

 photo Screenshot-5-8.jpg

Location: Appaloosa Plains Public School
Date: Friday, 11/11/2011
Time: 4:07 p.m.

Mom. The moment that word leaves Brad’s mouth, my heart stops, and I can feel my blood cells freeze, along with time. The woman that raised Calla is the very same woman that abandoned Brad when he was a child. I quietly retreat back to my desk and brace myself on the smooth polished wooden surface, just to maintain my sense of balance. A part of me is unsure if I should even be here to witness such a private, yet profound moment. Rosie’s once calm and composed demeanor has become stricken with dread and guilt, challenged by Brad’s unrelenting gaze.

“What are you---” he studies her face just to make sure he’s not mistaken, that he’s not seeing things, but he’s unable to vocalize his thoughts completely. In his eyes---I see an emptiness that comes from deep inside---still yearning for a mother’s love and acceptance. It’s the very same thing I see in myself. “How did you---”

“Mom, what’s going on?” Calla’s voice reminds me that she's also witnessing all of this and she’s probably wondering why her mother looks like a deer caught in the headlights. She takes a few steps towards Brad, giving him an appraising look and asks, “Who is this?”

Mom?” his eyes widen, alternating his gaze between the middle-aged redhead and the rebellious 16 year old in front of him. “You have a daughter?”

“I’m sorry…” Rosie fumbles with her purse as she looks down at the floor, unable to withstand the questions and scrutiny of her own children---who apparently have never met. “I can explain everything.”

“Oh, you better. You have 17 years that you need to explain!” Brad shakes his head and folds his arms. I can hear him breathing through his nostrils.

“Calla, this is Bradley…your brother.”

 photo Screenshot-63.jpg

Silence. The truth finally emerged in its rawest, purest form---leaving no room for any other interpretation or possible denial. I saw it leave Rosie’s lips, harpoon through Brad’s heart and land on Calla’s throat. “I don’t…understand,” she mutters warily, “I thought I was your only child.”

“Honey...the truth is...I left your father and two older brothers 17 years ago.” Rosie sighs, reluctantly revealing the missing pieces of her past. A painful past that she ran away from, just like I did, when I moved to this town. “I was 11 weeks pregnant with you.”

“What?? My dad is alive? And I have two brothers?”

“Yes, baby. You see, your dad was very…abusive.” There’s an undeniable strain in Rosie’s voice at the mention of the man who is the father of her children. Her eyes suddenly become clouded with sorrow---as if the vile memories are flashing in her head---opening up old wounds. “He hurt me and your brothers. I just…I wasn’t strong enough…to deal with it all.”

“And we had to deal with that alcoholic monster.” Brad breaks his own silence. There’s a coldness in his voice, the kind that is almost necessary to contain the dam of anger itching to break free. With a look of disgust, he points at Rosie while his eyes search Calla’s face. “See this woman right here? She left. She didn’t even try to come back for us. Why do you get to be so lucky?”

“Lucky?? I just found out my whole life’s a lie!”

“I kept the right ones out
And let the wrong ones in
Had an angel of mercy
To see me through all my sins
There were times in my life
When I was goin’ insane
Tryin’ to walk through the pain”

 photo Screenshot-8-8.jpg

I become increasingly uncomfortable. Like a fly on the wall, only everyone can see me and they know I’m here. Having just dealt with Luke---and my own parents---I’m still emotionally drained. Now this. Having to watch this drama unfold in front of my very eyes, and not knowing how it’s going to end. This is something Brad needs to deal with on his own. I walk up to him and whisper, “Brad, I’m gonna go.”

“No, don’t leave.”

“You need to talk to your family in private.”

“Can I---” he hesitates for a moment, looking down at the floor, before returning my gaze. I know that look. The need for refuge after the storm, when all you have left is bits of your sanity---and fragments of yourself that you managed to salvage. The overwhelming need to share the aftermath with someone---because if you don’t, it’s easy to get lost in the debris---and you may never find your way out. “Can I see you afterwards?”

“I’ll be at home,” I lean in to give him a soft kiss on the forehead, letting him know that he’s not alone. “Talk to them, Brad. They’re hurting just as much as you are.”

He nods morosely. “I’ll…try.”

I flash Rosie an empathetic smile to let her know that I understand---that they need their privacy. She gives me an appreciative nod. I turn to Brad’s sister and say, “See you Monday, Calla.” 

“Bye, Ms. Santori.”

 photo Screenshot-2-7.jpg

Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade
Time: 6:05 p.m.

By the time Brad stops by, it’s already past six and I’m actually glad to see him. In the hour and a half that I’ve been home, I couldn’t take a nap. I couldn’t concentrate on whatever I was watching on t.v. I could barely even eat anything, despite my stomach’s complaint that I only had a flimsy salad for lunch. In the silence of my own home and the fading sunlight, Luke’s presence still lingers. Memories of him, of us, of the incessant reminder of what could have been---wondering if he’s thinking of me too. 

As Brad takes the spot next to me on the couch, I force myself to stay in the present as I push Luke out of my mind. “How did it go?”

“It was brutal,” he takes a deep breath, somewhat lost in his own thoughts as he blankly stares at the fireplace. It’s almost hard to believe that we made love next to it not too long ago. Now it feels like a distant memory, as if I’m merely recalling from a hazy past. “I blamed my mom for everything. I yelled. I screamed. I cried. She cried and apologized. My sister cried too. It was a mess.”

“You guys finally confronted everything.” I smile as I briefly search his face, reassured that I did the right thing by leaving. Despite the puffiness around his eyes---there’s an unmistakeable serenity that I haven’t seen in a long time---usually reserved during our passionate, intimate moments. “That’s good.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m still angry. But I remembered what you said and it helped me stay calm enough to hear my mom out.”

“I understand what you’re going through, trust me. I just confronted my own parents. All my life I thought my dad loved my sister more and I just found out it’s not true.”

“Did you---” he pauses, especially after the mention of Naveah, as if he’s unsure if he should tread that topic, “see her?”

“No. My parents kicked her out.” Strangely, the mere mention of her doesn’t feel like a punch in the gut---the way it used to. Before, I couldn’t even think about her without being consumed by blind rage---and my heart being shanked. Now she’s more like a sore, tender, swollen scab. Almost closed up, still healing, but not as painful. “And my dad told me what you did.”

“There’s not a day that I wish I can change that. I’m not proud of it.”

“Well, I’m proud of you for telling the truth.”

“Thank you. That means a lot to me.”

 photo Screenshot-3-10.jpg

There’s a moment of silence where neither of us know what to say. I’ve made my peace with my parents, I no longer allowed my anger towards my sister to control me and now---there’s only one other person I need to make my peace with---which is Brad. As I quietly study him sitting next to me, his familiar scent waking up old memories, I become bombarded by a wave of sadness. I put so much of my hopes and dreams in him, believing that he was my soulmate, “the one”. In reality, I was trying to make him into something he’s not.

All of the qualities I searched for---passion, kindness, profound connection and courage---were qualities I found in Jesse. I projected all these things on Brad, not knowing he is just as emotionally damaged as I am. It’s not a wonder he cheated on me, it’s not a wonder he failed to hold up his end of the relationship and it’s not a wonder that he didn’t appreciate me until I was gone. How could I expect him to love and cherish someone when he doesn’t even know what love is? When it’s something that I had to prove to him?

“How did it go with Luke?” He breaks the silence by clearing his throat and looking in my direction. “J.C. told me they had the funeral today.”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about,” I reply softly, getting up from the couch and trying to find a way to tell him the truth. In another time, I would have welcomed the idea of us starting over and trying to make things work, a sort of clean slate. But now---knowing Jesse has come back, knowing Luke and I just made love, knowing he’s my other half---I’d just be lying to myself. How can any other man live up to him?

“Oh. What happened?”

“Brad---” I turn around to find him standing in front of me, his eyes emanating a mixure of concern and apprehension. “I’m…I’m in love with him.”

“I see,” he whispers calmly, but even his eyes can’t hide the sharp blow from my revelation, both a harsh and sobering truth. “So why did you come back early? Shouldn’t you be together?”

“We haven’t spoken since I left. He asked why we’re not together and I told him I didn’t know. I just needed time. He got upset and told me to leave.”

“It's amazing
With the blink of an eye
You finally see the light
It's amazing
When the moment arrives
That you know you'll
Be alright”

 photo Screenshot-42-2.jpg

“I’m not gonna lie. I still want to be with you.” There’s a tenderness and honesty in his voice that just tugs at my heartstrings, bringing back that old, familiar pull. His pale blue eyes---which I used to get lost in---silently plead in their last attempts to hang on to me, to what we had. “But…if Luke is the one you love…then…there’s nothing I can do.”

Silence.

“I think you should spend the rest of your time with your mom and sister here,” I make an attempt to appease his disappointment. One of us has to be strong and firm. Otherwise, we will fall back into our own pattern of blindly believing that any “love” is better than nothing. Two people who are afraid to be alone---and left with the daunting task of facing their own selves. “They need you. Especially Calla. She really needs a male figure in her life. And who knows? Maybe your whole family can finally reunite someday.” I reach out to cup his handsome face---a face I know very well---and search his eyes. “You had a tough life Brad, but you didn’t let it break your spirit. You actually became a doctor.”

“That’s because you believed in me,” he whispers, the finality in his voice evident by a different kind of strain, causing his eyes to well up. Even though neither of us put it into words, we feel it deep in our hearts. We both know that the time has come to let each other go. “What am I gonna do without you?”

“You’ll…b-be…okay,” I break down, no longer able to fight the impending tears. It hurts---really hurts to have to do this. Brad has been such a significant part of my life, of my identity, that it’s almost like…saying goodbye to a part of myself. Like an alcoholic throwing away the last bottle of liquor, a food addict throwing away the last slice of cake, a smoker throwing away the last pack of cigarettes and a junkie throwing away the last syringe. They know it’s destructive and unhealthy, but it’s a kind of comfort they learned to depend on. “You’re a survivor.”

“I’m gonna miss you,” he leans in to give me a soft, lingering kiss---his tepid tears mixing with mine.

“I’m gonna miss you too,” I pull him close and cling to him for what seems like an eternity; savoring his scent, his voice, his presence and the warmth of his body for the last time.

“Bye, baby.” He searches my eyes as his hand finds my face, gently caressing it. “Be happy.”

I nod quietly. Just as he pulls away, I find myself calling out his name.

“Brad?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you do me a favor?”

“Anything.”

“Can you give Luke a call? He really needs a friend right now.”

“Yeah.”

“Promise me.”

“I promise.”

 photo Screenshot-62-1.jpg

Location: Hangman's Tree National Landmark
Date: Tuesday, 1/10/2012
Time: 4:47 p.m.

Winter came, bringing Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s with it. The first few weeks without Luke was hard, but I managed to survive by keeping myself busy at work. Everytime I found myself thinking about him or longing for him, I’d just push him out of my mind. And if I couldn’t, I’d wait until I was in the privacy of my home to cry. It helped that I could always call my dad and Adam if I ever got lonely. They would cheer me up and remind me they miss me. For Christmas, they came over. I cooked dinner, I showed them around town the next day and we had a picnic at the lake before they drove back to Bridgeport.

I haven’t spoken to Brad since that day we said our goodbyes. He hasn’t called or tried to stop by the house. I knew that going in, but still---I didn’t expect to be hit with such loneliness now that he’s out of my life. I’ve had to learn to just take it one day at a time. This is how it should be. This is what I need. That’s what I tell myself anyway.

Instead of going straight home from work today, I decide to stop by Hangman’s Tree. The weather hasn’t changed since I was last here. It’s just as crisp and sunny as fall---with a light, cool breeze. As I stand on the spot where everything started---and ended, I’m filled with overwhelming sorrow as the sweet essence of azaleas, roses and camellias fill the air.

 photo Screenshot-12-9.jpg

This is the spot where Jesse died in my arms. This is the very same spot where we made a promise to each other 100 years ago. What happened to that promise? How is it that I’m alone again, just like Emma, and left to carry a torch for the rest of my life?

“I’m sorry,” I whisper as I drop to my knees and bury my face in my hands, lost in my own sobs. “I’m so sorry, Emma. I’m sorry you had to leave your children behind. I’m sorry you couldn’t be with the man you loved. I’m so sorry, William. I’m sorry I loved another man. I’m sorry you had to catch us together.

“Jesse…oh Jesse. I’m sorry I didn’t wait for you when you left for war. I’m sorry I kept your daughter from you. I’m sorry that I waited too long to leave my husband. I’m so sorry that things had to end so tragically.

“And Luke…my Luke. You came back for me and what did I do? I wasted my time with Brad. I was too blind to appreciate you and I pushed you away. I’m so sorry about your dad. I’m so sorry for screwing things up.

“I need to let you go. I’m sorry it didn’t work out in this life. I should have told you I love you. I should have told you how I felt. And now...you’re gone.

“Goodbye my love,” I wipe my eyes as I take one last look at the barren oak tree---and the bittersweet memories permanently etched on it. “Be happy.”

“That one last shot's
Permanent vacation
And how high can you fly
With broken wings?
Life's a journey
Not a destination”

*Copyright 2013 Lyn C.S.*
---------------------------------------------------------

"Amazing" by Aerosmith
Video by: AerosmithSongz

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this was intense. First of all, you did an excellent job in this chapter, it's beautifully written. :-)

    Going backwards, the last scene by Hangman's Tree was so sad, and yet it just felt so right; I'm just beginning to see Lyn finally dealing with her emotions in a mature way, which is great. Saying goodbye and letting go is sometimes the wisest thing to do.

    And then, Brad... Oh, Brad! I can't say I like him, but I'm very proud of him in this chapter :-). Confronting his mother in such a way has proved very good for him, and I have the feeling his predicament has strenghten his spirit. I hope he'll be a better person from now on and find someone to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As difficult as it was for Lyn to say goodbye to Brad and Luke, it was necessary. Not only did she free Emma, Jesse and William from their karmic bonds but it allowed her to break free from her unhealthy patterns in the present life.

      This chapter was very healing for Brad. Finding his mother again, being able to confront her and finding out he has a sister brought a lot of closure to his emotional issues. Now he has someone he can be a role model to.

      Thanks for the kind words and feedback, Marsar :)

      Delete
  2. Well, um. I have to say it, poor Brad. Seeing his mom again, having to confront those demons. And Calla all this time not knowing she had brothers out there. Rose, I still can't get past the fact she left her sons. She knew what kind of a man her husband was, and she left them. :( He needed that, it was something that he needed to deal with so that he could start to heal. He's suffered a lot in his life. That still doesn't excuse his behavior, but he does need to make peace with things so that hopefully he can be a better man to the next one.

    Lyn, first I have to say sad news that the time has passed and there is no Luke baby. LOL.

    So the months have come and gone and there has been no contact. I was hoping that Luke would go to her, tell her he was sorry. Or the other way around, she knows she loves him but she did need to have that final closure with Brad. But after she got that, I thought she would have gone to him, explained things. I guess I was still waiting on that happy ending. But at the same time I am happy to see she did take the time she needed for herself to try and heal some of her wounds. She faced her mother, is rebuilding a relationship with her father. She needed to be strong and take care of herself, know herself and this time has given her that.

    Her apologizing to everyone at the end seemed so...final. Like it was a goodbye with a different meaning.

    It's kinda crazy that there is only one more chapter to this. Lyn has been through and learned a lot. She will be a stronger person for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this is the chapter where I felt the most for Brad. Running into his mother could have been disastrous, but Lyn's presence and support really helped him out. Rosie lived with the guilt every day, especially knowing she had to lie to her daughter in order to protect her. As a battered wife, she wasn't in the best emotional state when she left her sons. She thought about coming back for them, but fear kept holding her back. She just didn't know how she would justify herself. This was the closure Brad needed and it's also what made him strong enough to let Lyn go.

      LOL nope, no Luke baby. I know you were hoping for that. There were many times when Lyn was tempted to call Luke and explain everything. But she'd remember the last words he said to her and how angry he was, and she'd get discouraged. In the end, she realized that she needed to move on and learn to be on her own. She had a lot of issues she needed to deal with, and men ultimately distracted her from her own growth.

      I know what you mean about the end of this chapter feeling so final. She really was saying goodbye to her past, her old self and taking responsibility for her actions.

      One more chapter for this story and Heat. Stay tuned!

      Thanks for your feedback, Mica :)

      Delete
  3. Brad's mom needs to be ... grrr... beaten isn't right because it doesn't make sense since that's what she left. STILL, she LEFT her boys to that monster.
    I feel most for Calla in all of this. This really explains even more why she acts out the way she does. I hope that she, Brad, and JC can form strong bonds. It's never too late.

    Brad and Lyn:
    I'm ... well, I don't want to use the words 'happy' or 'proud', but that's about what I feel if you mix in a dash of sad as well. It would've taken a love stronger than what they had to conquer the mess that they made. They tried, briefly, but I'm in agreement that they both need to move on.
    Brad tugged my heartstrings once again when he told Lyn how much he'd miss her, but I can't help but wonder if on some level he used her love to replace his mother's. They both used one another as a crutch to heal their childhood hurts.

    Lyn and Luke:
    I didn't comment on the last chapters because I was too mad, and my temper and commenting do not mix well. Your story pulls deep emotions out of me, and I don't want those emotions to come out in a nasty way.
    I want to shake both of them.
    I adored that love scene chapter. I wound up as nothing but a puddle on the floor, but again, I didn't trust myself to comment much. It was very powerful and erotic. :)
    Still, I had a feeling that not enough was Said or Done to work out their issues. I understood that their bodies took control of their minds, but I hoped that they would be able to handle their issues in a mature fashion.
    Obviously, that didn't happen.
    In a way, I don't blame Luke for his outburst now that I've had time to think about it. (earlier, I wanted to come at him with a whip except he might enjoy it too much hehe) His dad's murder had him all over the place emotionally, and what was meant as a simple question turned out to bring up once-buried, hurt feelings. He wasn't in a state of mind to bring up those hurt feelings in an un-hurtfull way. That combined with Lyn's raw, exposed emotional state did not make a good mix.
    Now, I'm waiting for Luke to make the next move. It's his turn, hehe. I Hope that somehow he talks with Brad and Brad tells him how Lyn told him that she loves him, Luke. Since, apparently, neither Lyn nor Luke is going to get up off their sorry butts and do something about this on their own.
    If only Lyn could focus on hearing Luke tell her he loves her. I believe it was because Lyn didn't positively respond to That that Luke had his feelings deeply hurt.

    I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that this chapter put this song into my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFVx5m_p-8A
      It's one that I used for my jazz singer story. I don't know if it's a perfect fit, but there ya go. :)

      Delete
    2. Rosie has a lot of making up to do not only for her sons but her daughter as well. The good thing is that Brad opened up the door to healing by hearing his mom out and finally confronting everything. Once he establishes a relationship with Rosie and Calla, he can help bring J.C.in and eventually his dad. It will be exciting for Calla to get to know her older brothers and to actually have positive male figures in her life.

      This chapter was bittersweet for Lyn and Brad, and it was just as emotional for me to write their goodbyes. They loved each other, they shared a lot of passion, but they just didn't have the emotional maturity to open up to each other in an honest way. You make a really good point about Brad using Lyn's love to replace his mother's. And there's a lot of truth to that. He tested her and tested her until she finally broke. Too bad couldn't see that until it was too late.

      LOL no worries about not commenting. I've seen so many readers come and go that it's hard to predict who's going to come back and who isn't. That and some of the frustrating chapters. lol I'm glad you enjoyed that love scene between Luke and Lyn. I was worried about how it would be received since it came out more graphic than I planned. At the same time, there was an honesty between them that made it very raw and primal. And that's what I wanted to convey.

      I agree, Joseph's death brought them together but it's also what drove them apart. Luke was not in the best emotional state to be asking Lyn why they're not together. He could have just gone with the flow and let the relationship develop in its own course, but he became too impatient. They both had valid arguments, but in the end, it only hurt them both.

      You're right, Luke and Lyn are too stubborn and proud to swallow their pride and make the first move. It may just take an intervention from Brad to make things happen. lol Afer all, he was the one that sent Lyn to Luke in the first place.

      Thanks for your feedback, Brooke :)

      PS: I checked out the video. Nice song!

      Delete
  4. My Dearest Lyndsey,
    Thank you for the wonderful chapter 49 of memoirs I really liked it alot It has to be one of your bestest yet. You may think its crazy but you must never stop writing. Take care my friend. I hope we never grow apart and that you will continue your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter! Don't worry, I will continue to write. I may take a long break now and then but the itch always returns. Writing is a bit therapeutic for me as well.

      Thanks for the kind words, Tom :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, it's all starting to come full circle.

    First, I'm very proud of Brad. He confronted his mother and didn't run away, which I'm sure he was sorely tempted to do at first. As a mother, I have such difficulty accepting the notion that she left her boys defenseless against that monster and never tried to come back. She's got a lot of making up to do to her sons and Calla, and I hope she does.

    Lyn did the right thing where Brad was involved. They were never really "meant" for one another. Not that the relationship was a waste; I think both are learning and growing as a result of it.

    Oh Luke...I think Lyn is giving up a little too easily. He's just sustained a profound loss, and now has basically had to step up to the position of father figure to his brothers while trying to keep his mother from going off the deep end, all the while trying to cope with his own grief and trying to get to the bottom of his father's death. He may need this time alone.

    I'm not saying she should sit around and pine, but maybe have a little faith? She's grown a lot, so has Brad. Maybe Luke just needs the time to do the same.

    I'm so looking forward to the finale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Brad could have easily ran off and avoided confronting his mother. Not only was it painful for him to see her again but he felt even more betrayed that she raised a daughter he never knew about. Rosie was a pregnant, battered wife in a codependent relationship. Not only was she driven by fear but she also wasn't in the best state of mind when she left her sons. There was not a day that she didn't think about them. There were many times she wanted to come back for Brad and J.C., but she would chicken out.

      If Brad even made half the effort in their relationship, the cheating could have been prevented and they would still be together. Lyn was crazy about him. She really did try to make it work but he just wasn't ready to commit. At the same time, had Brad never cheated and caused Lyn to run off to Appaloosa, they would never know about their past life history.
      She would never find out that Luke is her real soulmate and that they've been looking for each other the whole time.

      You're right. Luke has a lot on his plate emotionally especially after Joseph's death. Having to step up and being strong for his brothers, making sure his mom is okay, losing Lyn and trying to seek justice for his father. In a sense, his fall-out with Lyn may have been necessary for their own healing.

      LOL Lyn sitting around and pining for Luke. She tries not to have too much time to think because that's probably what she'll end up doing.

      One more chapter. Stay tuned!

      Thanks for your feedback, Karri :)

      Delete
  6. I have to say, Poor Brad. I really felt for him in this chapter, finally coming face to face with his mom who abandoned him after all those years has gotta be tough and then Lyn telling him she's in love with Luke. I bet he felt completely shattered, I don't like him but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    It was nice though that Lyn could be there for him as a friend, I think he needed that and she did as well. She did the right thing.
    I'm glad Lyn has had a chance to spend some time on her own, she needs it and to reconnect with her dad and brother. It's so nice to see that she's spending time with them and talking to them more, she's not isolating herself and she's facing things. Like, finally admitting that she's in love with Luke. I really hope it's not too late for them.
    You made me cry again!!lol. The last part of this chapter where Lyn visits Hangman's Tree was so emotional but at the same time important for her. I kept expecting to see Luke behind her!
    Please, please, please...let it be a happy ending for my beautiful Luke, whatever happens in the final(sob)chapter I know I'm gonna cry:'(
    You're a wonderful writer and I hope that once this story and Heat end, it's not the last of your stories I'll get to read.
    Fantastic chapter *HUGS* <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was so focused on Brad's confrontation with his mom that it didn't occur to me that he just got hit by another bombshell: finding out the woman he loves is in love with his best friend. You're right, he was shattered. He may not have showed it outwardly but he was devastated. In a way, I guess karma came back to him with a different twist.

      Lyn finally made her peace with Brad. Too bad things didn't work out between them and they had to let each other go. But like you said, it was the right thing to do. If she wasn't in love with Luke, she probably would have been open to working things out with him. Unfortunately, the heart doesn't lie when it wants something else.

      The irony, huh? Just when Lyn realizes she's in love with Luke, he's gone. This whole time he was in love with her and just waiting for a chance, and now that she feels the same way, she has to say goodbye. But she needed to be alone. This time, she had to choose herself. Awww, sorry for making you cry Clairey :( HUGS!!

      As far as the last chapter, all I can say is stay tuned! lol It can go either way. ;)

      After I finish both stories, I'm going to take a break. But who knows? I may come back and continue one of them or start a new one.

      Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback, Clairey :)

      Delete