Friday, November 25, 2011

Chapter Eleven (Who's That Boy?)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 10 (Big Girls Don't Cry)
-Jackie's owner turned out to be my neighbor.
-I found out that Mr. Nunu belonged to the previous owners of the house.
-I received an email from Brad, telling me how worried he is and he still loves me.
-Reading his email made me very emotional, so I clung to Mr. Nunu for comfort.
-I saw a ghost across the street.

*Strong Language*

Photobucket

Location: 1012 Pomona Promenade
Date: Wednesday, 10/26/11
Time: 11:24 a.m.


I've never been so happy to wake up with the sun beaming down my face.  Seeing that ghost last night really creeped me out, and it took me almost an hour just to fall asleep.  Paranoia set in, making me wonder if it would appear by the foot of my bed, staring at me.  Now my heart is racing thinking about Brad's email.  His words keep playing in my head over and over.  God, I miss you.  I think about you all the time.  I have never stopped loving you.  It's as if he's whispering them to my ear right now, and I can still feel his warm breath on my skin, making me shiver.  At the same time, I'm not sure if I should respond to him.

I do, however, feel ready to talk to Adam.  I received five emails from him last night, wondering where I'm at and if I'm okay.  I'm starting to worry that my family might think I'm missing, and they filed a police report.  Now I'm wondering if Brad told them that I ran off in a cab, never to return.  I take a deep breath as I dial Adam's cell phone number.  This is my first attempt at contacting my family since I left.

"Hello?"

"Hey Adam, it's me."

"Who is this?"

Hearing his sweet 16 year old voice drown me in guilt, and my heart feels heavy.  I take quick breaths just to avoid choking on my own words.

"It's Lyn."

"Holy shit!! Where have you been, sis??"

"I had to leave town.  I'll explain later."

"Where are you?"

"I can't tell you right now."

"Are you in trouble?"

"No, sweetie.  I just needed to get away."

"Dad was going to report you missing.  Then Brad told us that you guys had a fight and you left."

"Did he tell you why?"

"No.  He just said that you were really upset and you took off in a cab."

Of course that motherfucker wouldn't say why.

Photobucket

"I figured.  Adam, I can't talk too long but I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay."

"I miss you, sis.  I thought something happened to you."

It's too late.  My tears are escaping now, and I have to bite my lip to keep my voice steady.

"I m-miss you too sweetie.  Can you j-just tell everybody t-that I'm okay?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I'll tell them."

"Do me a favor.  Don't give anyone my new number.  I'll call them when I'm ready, okay?"

"Okay.  Are you sure?"

"Yeah.  Just tell them I called from a payphone."

"Okay."

"Be good, okay?  And I'll call you again soon."

"I will.  I'm glad you called, sis."

"Me too. Bye."

"Bye."

Photobucket

Finally I feel ready to start working again.  I was going to wait until I adopted a dog but I haven't had any luck lately.  Staying in the house all day will just give me too much time to think.  I'm hoping they will have positions available at the hospital, even if it's something clerical.  It will take some time to establish my residency again, and I will still have to tie up some loose ends at the hospital in Bridgeport.

Photobucket

It feels good to see the town again.  I will have to check out the shops and restaurants one of these days.  Maybe Geri and I can go shopping and have lunch.  I'm already excited about having a new friend!  I can invite her over for dinner, we can watch chick flicks all night, talk and just be girls. She seems to live alone.  I wonder what her story is?

Photobucket

Location: Wolfson's Hospital And Research Facility
Time: 11:40 a.m.

As I walk towards the front of the hospital, I become very nervous.  It must be because I haven't worked in nearly two weeks, and I'm starting to feel rusty.  I'll have to get used to the hustle and bustle of the hospital again, dealing with patients, paperwork, deadlines, pesky insurance companies and pushy pharmaceutical companies. The closer I get to the entrance, the more uneasy I become.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's more than nervousness about a new job.  It's as if something is telling me not to go any further.

I see a man in a gray suit talking on his cell phone with his back to me.  My senses are on high alert, sending tingles all over my neck and arms.  There's something very familiar about the way he's standing.

Photobucket

As if sensing my energy, he turns around.  Oh my God, it's him!!  Those pale blue eyes are wide open, burning right through me in shock.  My mind is processing a million thoughts, my heart is beating a million times, my breathing is so rapid, I am nearly choking.  Yet my body is frozen.  It won't even let me blink.  Everything seems to be at a standstill as we absorb each other's presence from what seems like miles away, yet it feels like he's only inches from me.  So close that I can almost reach out and touch him.

Photobucket

Then my heart remembers.  He is the man I fell  hopelessly in love with, the man I spent the last two years of my life with, the man that I shared my hopes and dreams with, the man that makes me weak in the knees, the man who's child I was carrying and the man that my body craves.  He is also the man that had my heart in his hands, only to throw it on the ground and step on it until it can't bleed anymore.  Suddenly, I start to feel stabbing pains in my chest.  It becomes so sharp that I'm unable to breathe, causing me to let out little gasps.

Photobucket

Everything around me starts to look dark and blurry as the pain starts to threaten my sense of balance.  From a distance, I can hear echos of cars passing by being drowned out by the enormous banging of my own heart.  It feels like a drum being pounded a million times by a million hands.

Photobucket

I catch a quick glimpse of myself standing in front of the hospital before being catapulted into utter darkness and deafening silence.

Photobucket

Slowly, the darkness fades away.

Photobucket

Location: Bridgeport University Library
Date: Tuesday, 6/11/09
Time: 4:22 p.m.

I find myself sitting down at a table at the college library.  Across me is Jamie Morgan, a friend I met in my Biology class this semester, my junior year.  She's  from Sunset Valley. We are studying for a test coming up tomorrow. She's also a Science major, and she wants to become a pharmacist.  I'm still not sure what I want to be, but I know that Science has always been my favorite subject in school.  I especially love Astronomy, Physics and Biology.  The way the world works amazes me, and I've been on a search for answers since I was a kid.

Photobucket

When I get up to put a book away, I stop dead in my tracks at the sight of the most amazing pale blue eyes gazing at me.  Damn, who is that??  I feel as if I've seen him before, I just can't put my finger on it.  Even from a distance, his eyes burn right through me, as if he knows my secrets, as if he knows something I don't know.  My heart pounds faster with every second that our gaze lingers, which makes me very self-conscious.  The whole room feels like a blur, and the only thing I know is me. And him.  Right now, excruciatingly aware of each other's presence.  This is crazy.  Why do I have this overwhelming need to put my arms around his neck and taste his lips?  Why do I want to know the smell of his skin?  I've never seen him in my life.  He flashes a warm smile.  Oh dear.  My knees start to lose their strength.  Instead of smiling back, I look away and pretend I don't see him.

"Don't know who you are
But you look like a star
And everybody have me thinkin' 
Who's that boy
Wanna take you home
And getcha all alone
And everybody here is thinkin'
Who's that boy"


Photobucket

"I just leave them on the table.  They'll pick it up." A slightly deep, silky voice appears behind me, catching me off-guard.

I turn around to find those pale blue eyes again but this time less than three feet away from me.  Oh dear.  Stay cool.

Photobucket

"Oh..." I stammer, trying not to look at him directly.  He is even more handsome up close, with the kind of boyish good looks that has probably broken many hearts.  His lashes are black and thick, creating a striking contrast against the lightness of his eyes.  They hypnotize me, making me want to dive in a pool of liquid blue,  until my body is completely drenched and helpless, until my mind has lost any type of sense.  God, yes.  Whatever you want.  I'll do it right now, damn you.

Photobucket

"I didn't see you." I try to sound as composed as possible.

"Sorry.  I didn't mean to sneak up on you."  He smiles again.

Photobucket

"Well, at least you didn't say boo." I smile back, trying to sound cool.  Inside, I'm a wreck.  He seems like the type of guy that never has a shortage of girls around him.  They'll probably find any excuse to talk to him on campus, even if they have to flash him...or kidnap him.

"Haha.  I didn't want to get smacked with a five pound book." His grin brings my gaze to his lips, which look luscious.  I just want to bite them.  I just want to suck them.  I look away again.

Photobucket

"Ouch.  That would really hurt." I sneak another peek at his eyes.

"Would you smack me?" There's a playfulness in his smile.

Hell yeah, I would smack you.  I would smack that ass.  Wait, what am I saying?

Photobucket

A stunning girl with strawberry blonde hair and pale hazel-green eyes approach us, and she doesn't look very happy.  Is that his girlfriend?

Photobucket

"Bradley, I've been waiting for you downstairs.  Are you coming?"  She purrs, trying to divert his attention away from me.

Bradley?? His name is Bradley?

"Yeah, I was just...uhh...putting a book back."  He explains, but his eyes are on me.

"I'm starving.  Let's go."  She grabs his hand, giving me a "back off, bitch" look.

As she pulls him away, our eyes meet one more time before he turns around to catch up with her.

Photobucket

Figures.  Guys like him always date gorgeous girls like her.  What was I thinking?  Did I really think I had a chance?  I need to be careful or I might end up on his "been there, done that" list.

Photobucket

A few weeks later, I run into him at the gym.  I'm on my way to the weights area when I see him on one of the nautilus machines.  Shirtless.  Holy shit.  Must. Not. Rape. Strange. Man. In. Gym.  I imagine my hands tracing his chest, feeling how hard it is.  Then they would start to move lower...

Photobucket

At that same moment that I recognize him, he gets up and looks in my direction.  It's as if he sensed my presence.

Our eyes meet again.  My heart stops.  My mind races.  I can't move.

"I've been staring atcha
And I could do it all night
You're lookin' like an angel
That kind of body

Needs a spotlight"

Photobucket

With a killer smile, he heads in my direction, displaying everything that a shirt would normally hide.

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

*Copyright 2011 Lyn C.S.*
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who's That Boy" by Demi Lovato
Video by: therealdemilovato

28 comments:

  1. Man, I can't wait to get home some I can read this. I'd read it now, but pics uploaded on Photobucket are blocked, since photobucket is blocked at work. I'll have to wait :( The torture! The torture :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sorry to hear you're having problems with Photobucket at work. I didn't mean to torture you. XD I can't wait to hear what you think!

    I'm getting some zzzz, so goodnite! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Bradley just had to be HOT! I really don't want to like him because he hurt Lyn so bad, but with a body like that, and the looks to boot, he's slowly seducing me to give him a chance and hear his side of the story too.

    I'm glad Lyn reached out to her family, they must have been worried sick about her. Adam sounds so young abd cute, he majes me wish I had a brother.

    I can't wait for Lyn's talk with Brad when she wakes up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your comment cracked me up. XD I'm glad you think Brad is hot, I do too. Yeah, it's going to be hard to stay mad at him. lol And I love the way you said "he's slowly seducing me to give him a chance...". That sounds hot. I had no idea he was doing that. Oh, just wait until you see more of him. lol

    Yes, it was time that she let her family know she's okay even if it's through Adam. I don't have a little brother either (I have 4 older ones) and that phone call also made me wish I had one.

    I'll have Ch. 12 up by Monday, so stay tuned!

    Thank for leaving a comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. God. I can't believe Brad showed up there. How did he find out where Lyn is? Oh my gosh this story is getting really good. I don't know if I want Lyn back with Brad. I think I'd rather see her with the riding instructor guy. Sorry. I forgot his name. David was it? Old age is catching up to me. LOL! This story is so good that I can't wait for each chapter. Glad I saw your story on the sims 3 website. Your writing is very good because every chapter I read makes me hold my breath and feel for Lyn and I get angry and sometimes I want to yell at the computer screen. lol! Awesome, awesome story. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, love the banners at the top of the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Traci, I'm glad you enjoyed the update! I've been waiting for her and Brad to run into each other and the time finally came. I can't tell you what he's doing there or how he found her yet, but they definitely didn't expect to see each other.

    Haha I don't blame you for wanting Brad to take a hike, especially after what he put her through. And you still don't even know exactly what he did. But it will be revealed. And yes, David is definitely the man to root for at the moment. lol Maybe he can be her knight in shining armor. The question is, who does her heart want?

    Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm glad you found my story too because I got to meet such an awesome reader! And getting angry and wanting to yell at the computer is a good thing. That means I'm getting your attention. :-) I hope you continue to follow this story. Your screen name still cracks me up everytime I see it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I'm glad you like the new banner! I wanted to evoke the romance in this story, which will be apparent in the next updates XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, Brad IS a cutie! But I'm still pulling for David. Now I'm wondering which guy your Sim self will end up with. Good news is...they're ALL cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I'm glad you think they're all cute, considering not everyone has the same taste in men. lol I don't blame you for pulling for David. He seems very sweet. I'm wondering the same thing too, at this point I really don't know where it will go. It can go either way with Brad, David and there's still Benjamin. Or she can just avoid the drama and go solo. XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. hum old memories coming to the surface. And was the guy him or a look alike? o the questions. What will she do now? intrigued, keep it coming :) Jerry here:aka sirona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jerry, yes, that was Brad. She knew as soon as their eyes connected, she couldn't mistake them for anyone else's. That's also what triggered her flashbacks because it took her back to the moment when she first laid eyes on him.

    Thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello. I am hoping to go back and start catching up over the next week or so. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Seaweedy, thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to hear what you think of this story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVED THE UPDATE - it's so dramatic! I can't wait to see what happens next, I'm checking every day now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Lyn, I think im falling in love with you. I am continuing to enjoy your memoirs of a city girl story. It kinda relates to the real life me in away except that im a guy I was born in the city was out in the country for a while and now im back in the city agian.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Xfairytale, I'm glad you enjoyed the update! That run-in with Brad was a long time coming. From now on I'm going to schedule my updates on Mondays and Thursdays so I don't leave you guys guessing and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Tom, you are so sweet. lol Your comment made my day. I'm glad to know that you're still following my story. Stick around because it's going to get steamy. lol Wow, so you grew up in the city but move to the country then moved back? What was that like? Did you get a horse too? XD Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm...SOMEBODY updated on Friday and NOT Thursday. Not mentioning names but this "person" is a main character in Memoirs! Anyways...

    Yeah the ghost haunting in her home...EGADS what if it was the spirits of that old couple that brought her to their place AND to "Nunu"?!? Holy shit I said egads... BUT it's something to think about. Maybe they were a warm and affectionate couple and saw her pain maybe even felt it when she got to town and wanted to make her feel at ease and at home. Ok we just jumped into the realm of "let's get the hell out of here". Moving on.

    Doucher said she ran off and that kept Papa from calling the police? Hello? There was a fight, she jumped into a cab, he's the ONLY witness and you haven't heard from your baby girl in what? A week? Yeah I'd believe doucher over my own feelings of protection for my own.

    Who's in love with Adam? I AM! Aww he's a sweet little brother! His concern for her was overwhelming and I would have cried too! He seems like the type that would kick Brad's ass for hurting his big sister. Yep. Crushing on Adam! I love that about family :)

    I will still have to tie up some loose ends at the hospital in Bridgeport.
    ^^^ this girl and that job LOL ok they have to be beyond the point of repair now. You waited too long Lyn.

    OH SHIT! There's a pancake eating contest? HELL YEAH! She better sign up for that! Or am I reading more into that than I should. My Simlish isn't very good ya see...

    OH SNAP! That fucker found her? Should I be relieved and happy he came looking OR should I run up to him and nut punch him for making her run? Decisions, decisions. Yeah I think a nut punch is in order. TAKE THAT!

    God, yes. Whatever you want. I'll do it right now, damn you.
    ^^^^/agree
    I would smack that ass.
    ^^^^/agree
    Must. Not. Rape. Strange. Man. In. Gym.
    ^^^^/DO NOT AGREE!

    Brad...damn total hottie. Fuck my eyes for betraying me and following his happy trail. Curse them I say! Be strong Lyn...**gazes at Brad's six pack** Be strong for both of us. WHY DID HE HAVE TO LOOK LIKE THAT?! Fuck him! I'm gonna hate him JUST for making me like him! HA! You didn't expect that did you Bradley? Sexy eyes...lips...hair AND tatted? /sigh. You won't suck me in Brahda! Now turn around and let's take a look at the goods.

    Yeah...I can completely understand now. If he is anywhere near as sweet as that email. I'd have to rip his balls off for fucking her heart up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm...I should consider rereading my comments before I post them. Raw thoughts like that make me look like a loon (I'm totally NOT a loon) but...

    HA! I just heard Woody Woodpecker laugh in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok THAT was a little much...sorry

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL Daijah, you crack me up!!

    *Whistles*

    Who me?? Well, see, what had happened was...ahhh screw it. I tend to publish the updates past midnight when I work on them late. So I'm going to try to work on them as soon as I get home, that way I can post them on time. Notice I extended it to 10 p.m.? lol

    YESSSS!! Now you definitely gave me something to think about. In fact, I'm working on a little something about the significance of AP and why she ended up there. I will definitely find the connection between her, the elderly couple, Mr. Nunu and the house. I actually want to know more about the elderly couple and the haunted house across the street. I LOVE this kind of mystery, it just makes the possibilities endless!

    You know, I never thought of the possibility that Brad might have done something to her. You're right!! If I was a friend or family member of hers, I'd be very suspicious that she just disappeared for a week without saying goodbye. And he was the last one that saw her. We all know the truth, but other people don't know what happened and it does sound fishy. The good thing is that she called Adam so they know that she's okay. But if she hadn't...yeah they would have already reported her missing.

    Awww, I love Adam too, he is so sweet. Even though they always rag on each other, he must miss her a lot. They were very close. And I agree, he's very protective or her and he must have been worried sick as well.

    Bahahaha pancake eating contest?? Looks like someone's hungry. XD Mmmmm...pancakes...
    And OUCH!! I felt that nut punch!!

    OMG, you are such a perv like me!! So you don't object to man rape in a gym?? You are sick! I love it!! :-)

    Bahahaaha so Brad seduced you after all. I mean, there's a reason why Lyn fell so hard for this man and she still craves him, and now you see why. And I am cracking at you trying not to gaze at his six pack. lol "Turn around and lets take a look at those goods". XD You can hate him all you want but he's too charming even for me. OUCH rip his balls off?? Remind me not to piss you off in the future. O.O

    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't censor your comments, I ham dying over here reading them, and they make the updates so worthwhilke. I love how these random thoughts pop up in your head, I feel like you're inside me own head!! You're so pervy, no wonder we get along so well. lol

    SO KEEP THE RAW THOUGHTS COMING!! I LOVE THEM!! THe rawer the better. XD There's a reason why I put up the warning. lol

    PS: Woody Woodpecker?? OMG, it's been a while since I watched him.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Damn, Brad may be an ass, but he's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL Bri, you crack me up!! Sighh..it's so hard to get over hot men, even if they're jerks. Why, oh why do looks have to be so deceiving?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. She moved away only to find him there where she is?!! OMG NO!

    I don't know the full extent of what he did but damn if he isn't hot! His body! MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Qui,

    YES, not even a week in and she runs into him in the very same town that she's trying to hide in. You will find out what he's doing there soon.

    LOL you, Daijah and Bri said the same thing. With those pale blue eyes, that body and his killer charm, he can be a lethal package. Daijah was really trying to hate him for what he put Lyn through but he eventually got to her. Now she's plotting her murder so she can have him for herself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. -Must. Not. Rape. Strange. Man. In. Gym.-
    ~ LMAO at the statements going through her mind!LOL!
    ~ He is hot I will give him that,but it seems that is what got him into trouble,in the first place!!!
    ~ On to read more,loving it so far!!!!!!(",)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Karima,

    LOL she is pervy. And when she sees a hot guy that interests her, watch out. Man-rape! XD He gets in trouble alright, but it's not just for his hotness. XD

    YAY, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!! :-)

    ReplyDelete