Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chapter Thirty-Three (Walk)

Previously, on "Memoirs Of A City Girl":
Ch. 32 (You Know You're Right)
-I found my dad passed out drunk on the sofa.
-Despite his nasty attitude, I cleaned up after him and made lunch.  I've been taking care of him and J.C. since my mother walked out on us.
-We got into an argument when I tried to take his liquor away.  He tried to play the victim, claiming that J.C. and I don't care about him.  I had enough.  I finally stood up to him, and let him know how unfair it was that he treated us all like shit.  I left after that.
-After feeling lost and alone, I decided to do the right thing by returning Lyn's car to her parents.  It was a risky move on my part, but they were all I had left as far as a normal family.  It felt so good to see them again.
-Mrs. Santori asked if I heard from Lyn.  I felt like my heart was going to collapse, being pulled in two directions: telling the truth or saving my own ass.
-What the hell am I supposed to do?

*Strong language*

Photobucket

Location: 272 Windsor Drive
Date: Tuesday, 11/1/11
Time: 5:45 p.m.

"What are you doing here?!" Naveah whispers after she motions for me to join her in the dim hallway, her eyes shifting around to make sure nobody is looking.  Her soft, angelic voice alone bombards my mind with images of her bent over the bathroom stall, moaning deeply, her skirt raised up to her hips.  Flashbacks of Luke kissing Lyn in my own home, looking deep in her eyes with so much longing, would not escape me.  I thought she only had eyes for me, that I was the only man she would ever desire, but my jealousy destroyed whatever ability I had left to reason.  I wanted to hurt her.  I wanted to gain back control.

"I was just bringing back Lyn's car." I mutter, somewhat relieved that I can't see her eyes behind the dark, crystal-rimmed shades.  I never thought I would see her again...oh, who am I kidding?  What the fuck did I expect? She's Lyn's sister.  What was I thinking?  Just the sight of her, merely a few feet from me, triggers intense feelings of guilt and shame, but at the same time, images of her naked body writhing against mine feels so wrong that it makes my pulse react.

"You need to leave.  My family can never find out what happened!!"  Even her dark shades can't hide the panic rising in her voice.

Photobucket

"Don't you feel bad about what we did?  It's your sister!  Do you have any idea what she went through because of us?"  The words coming out of my mouth, no matter how hard they are to accept, brings reality even closer to home.  I've done a lot of fucked up things in my life, a lot of things I'm not proud of.  You can call me an asshole, a dick, a heartless prick.  I even fucked Luke's girlfriend just to give him a taste of the misery I felt with my own life.  Was it out of jealousy? Probably.  Now looking back, who was I really trying to hurt? Luke or Lyn? Or both of them?

"I don't really care.  You said she was taking you for granted, so she got what she deserved.  Now leave!"

"No, fuck that. She didn't deserve any of that. I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore."  Now I am haunted by the look on Lyn's face when she caught us in bed...the indescribable shock and pain her eyes...knowing I permanently damaged the love we had for each other.  What's even worse was when she told me she was pregnant with my child at the lake...her eyes...as if something inside her died.  I was so excited to learn that I was going to be a father, thinking there was a glimmer of hope in the situation, only to find out that she lost the baby...because of me.  And when she told me that I destroyed her heart, that she had nothing left to give...it just kills me inside.

"What do you mean? What are you gonna do? Brad!!"  She tries grab my arm, but I pull away.

Without saying another word, I walk back to the living room.  

Photobucket

"Everything okay, son?" Mr. Santori asks when I sit back down next to him and Adam.  Shit, he called me son.  This is going to be even harder than I thought.  Everything I've done in my life...good and bad...has come down to this.

"Yes sir..." My heart feels like its going to explode out of my chest, this incessant nagging to make a decision.  This is the moment.  My breath gets caught in my throat.  My hands are shaking.  I can't think.  Lyn.  She's alone in some strange town because of me.  Lyn.  She lost the baby because of me.

"What's going on, Brad?" Adam looks at me with a look of concern.  He looks up to me.  If he finds out what I did, he will never speak to me again.  Lyn...

"I have something to tell you guys."  The words slowly escape my mouth, this thing called truth urges me to keep going.  The silence in the room is almost overwhelming as their eyes focus on me, anticipating what I am about to say.  This is Lyn's family.  I am the only person right now that can help them.  Even if it means being cut out of their life after this.  If I'm gonna do this, I need to just come out with it. "I know where Lyn is.  I ran into her outside the hospital in Appaloosa Plains."

"Is she okay?" Mr. Santori murmurs.

"Yes, she's okay."

"A million miles away
Your signal in the distance
To whom it may concern
I think I lost my way
Getting good at starting over
Every time that I return"

"What is she doing there?" Mrs. Santori asks.

"She ran off after she caught me in bed...with...Naveah..." My eyes slam shut at the sound of my heart sinking to the floor.  I look at each and every one of them...their eyes burning in shock at what they just heard.  I feel the walls closing in on me, this immense feeling of being trapped, and all I want to do is run out the door.  But I can't even move.  I feel paralyzed by my own fear...the realization that I am exactly what they thought I was...a lying, cheating loser.

"You what??!!" Mr. Santori turns to me, appalled at what he just heard.

"Sir, let me finish...please.  She was also 10 weeks pregnant, but she lost the baby..."

Photobucket

"You son of a bitch!!" Mr. Santori raises up from the couch, his eyes blazing in anger, and disgust.  His hands ball up into a fist as his body rushes towards me.  I get ready to brace myself, in the very same fashion when my dad gets ready to pop me in the face, but Adam plants himself in the middle.

"No, dad!!" Adam cries out as he places his hands between me and Mr. Santori.  Had Adam waited a second too long, I would have been on the ground with his dad on top of me.

"Naveah, get your ass in here young lady!!" Mr. Santori's voice thunders across the living room as he looks at Adam, then his wife, then back at me.  "I'm not done with you."

Photobucket

"Daddy, he's lying!! I would never do anything like that!" Naveah pleads, her voice even more angelic and innocent.  How can Mr. Santori resist such an endearing cry?  If its true that she's the favorite kid, I can imagine her getting away with murder all her life..possibly even with this mess.

"What would Brad gain from making up all this?  Is this true Nav?  Did you sleep with your sister's boyfriend??" He asks, trying to search an ounce of truth in his daughter's eyes.

"No, daddy! Please believe me!"

"Then look me in the eye and tell me the truth.  Are you capable of doing this to your sister?  After everything she has done for you and this family?  Look at me, goddamn it!!" He pulls her chin up by the hand and forces her to meet his unrelenting gaze.

"No...I...would...never...." Unable to withstand her father's gaze, her eyes drop to the ground, along with her faltering voice.

Photobucket

"I can't believe you.  After all that we have done for you.  After all that Lyn has done for you.  You disgrace this family by acting like a whore.  This whole time we protected you because of your fragile health.  But we did not raise you to act like this!!" Mr. Santori's words cut through his daughter, forcing her to look at the ground, unable to face the truth in his eyes.

"Frank, that's enough! Lyndsey is the one acting like whore when she moved in with Brad.  She not take care of him.  You take her side now?" Mrs. Santori interrupts, defending her oldest daughter.

"Xhun, I've had enough of your excuses for Nav.  For once, let her take responsibility for her own actions!! I will not let you belittle Lyn anymore.  Especially after what she's been through!"

"Frank--"

"Enough!!"

"Daddy, please don't do this to me.  Don't you love me??" Tears run down Naveah's eyes as she finds the courage to look at her own father, knowing her own world is crumbling in front of her.

"I do love you, pumpkin.  And its because I love you that I can't protect you anymore.  You have two weeks to move out."

"Daddy, no!! That's not fair!! I'm sorry, okay??" She pleads, in panic, but Mr. Santori is unaffected.

"You wanna talk about fair? Ask your sister.  Keep complaining and I'll make it one week."

Photobucket

"Now you listen to me and you listen good.  You are going to write down Lyn's address.  Then you will leave and you will never set foot in this house again.  Do you understand me?" His gaze is so intense, with his anger just simmering above the surface of his face.  I have never in my life been afraid of anyone until now.  Not because he can physically or emotionally hurt me like my father did, but because I earned this man's respect...and I lost it.  Just like Luke's dad, he treated me like his own son.  I guess this is the price for doing the right thing, but it hurts like hell.  I feel like shit.  How can I ever live with myself again, now that they know what I did?

"Yes, sir." I mutter, holding his gaze.  My heart and hands may be shaking in fear, but at least I'm still able to look him in the eye like a man, and own up to what I did.  I may be the scum of the earth right now, but this scum loves Lyn.  And he finally has the balls to make things right for once.

Photobucket

After writing down Lyn's address on a piece of paper and leaving it on the dining table, I walk out the door.  I can't bear to look at this family right now, not even to look back.  No goodbyes.  No pleas for forgiveness.  There's no way I can ever expect them to forgive me.  I burned any bridges I had left by telling the truth.  It was my choice...but still...I just couldn't live with the guilt.  The good thing is that they know where Lyn is, and they can visit her if they want.  I know that will make her happy...and if she only knew how much her father defended her, she would know just how much she is loved.    

There's really nothing else for me to do...but to move on.

"I'm learning to walk again
I believe I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?
I'm learning to talk again
Can't you see I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?"

Photobucket

"Brad, wait up!!"

I hear someone's voice behind me just as I get ready to call a cab.  When I turn around, it's Adam running towards me.  Shit.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with Adam.  I feel bad enough as it is, like I let him down as a big brother.  He always looked up to me...and now...he probably wants to kick my ass.

Photobucket

"Look, Adam.  I'm really sorry man.  I really don't know what else to say."

"I just wanted to see if you needed a ride home."

"Oh..."

"Come on, Brad.  I'll take you home.  You gave me driving lessons, remember?"

"Yeah...thanks bro..."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Location: 99 Embarcadero Drive
Time: 7:03 p.m.

"I thought you didn't want anything to do with me.  That's why I left right after."  I let out a deep breath, worn out from the events that transpired tonight.  I never would have expected Adam to speak to me again, let alone give me a ride home and be sitting on my couch  right now.

"Are you kidding me?? Do you know how long I've waited for my parents to call Nav out on her behavior?? She always got away with everything.  Just watching my dad ream her out made my whole week!"  Adam explains, with a gleam in his eye I can't describe.

"But...Adam...I slept with your sister..."

"I know, and you're an asshole for what you did to Lyn.  But you know what?  You told the truth.  You didn't have to, but you did.  And I will always respect you for that.  And now my dad kicked Nav out.  Do you know how long I've waited for that??  She's the spawn of Satan!"

Spawn of Satan.  God, I love this kid.

Photobucket

"But your dad wants me to disappear.  He never wants to see my face again.  And I don't blame him one bit."

"Yeah, he'll be pissed for a while.  I mean dude, you slept with Nav.  That's just sick.  I'm surprised he didn't shoot you right there.

"I know, man.  What the hell was I thinking?"

"Just give it time.  Stay away from us for a while and let things blow over.  Once Lyn finds out that you told the truth and got Nav kicked out of the house, she'll come around.  And once my dad sees that, he'll come around too."

"Lyn doesn't want anything to do with me either, Adam.  I really fucked up."

"Yeah you did.  Not gonna lie.  But I'm really close to Lyn.  And you haven't lost me."

"Thanks Adam...I really appreciate that..." Touched by Adam's words, I keep my emotions under control even though I'm on the brink of breaking down.  This kid hasn't given up on me.  Despite what I did, he's still here.  At that very same moment, I hear a melody on t.v.  Someone is playing the piano...and the sounds that penetrate my ears puts me in a daze...haunting, tugging at my heartstrings...taking me to another place in time.  What is this song?  Why do I feel compelled to know the name?? And just when I get up to search the name of the song on the internet, it appears on the screen.

Somewhere In Time...

Photobucket

"You keep alive a moment at a time
But still inside a whisper to a liar
To sacrifice but knowing to survive
The first to find another state of mind 
I'm on my knees, I'm waiting for a sign"

"Brad? You alright?" Adam's voice snaps me out of my spell.  What happened to the song?  It's gone!!  I need to hear it again!

"Yeah...I must have spaced out for a sec." The name of the song keeps appearing in my mind.  Somewhere In Time.  Somewhere In Time.  Somewhere In Time.  That melody is stuck in my head.  No matter how hard I try to think about something else, I can't escape it.

"I can't believe I was going to be an uncle..." He lets out a soft sigh, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I know...I was gonna be a dad..." I meet Adam's gaze, holding it for a moment, thinking of what could have been.  Then we both look away, as if Lyn's presence suddenly takes over the room...both of us missing her badly, but we can't say it.

"She loves you, Brad.  Don't give up on her." The sincerity in his eyes is too much for me to handle.  I thought I lost him for good.  And to hear Adam say that...gives me a new glimmer of hope.

*Copyright 2012 Lyn C.S.*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:  This update was long overdue.  What was supposed to be a short hiatus turned into six months.  Then I realized that the 20th will be this story's anniversary, exactly a year ago that I posted the first chapter on the Pets forum.  So I knew I had to roll up my sleeves and get to writing again.  Thanks again for your support, and for continuing to  follow Memoirs :-) I miss you guys!

"Walk" by Foo Fighters
Video by: Edwin Felipe

48 comments:

  1. Hold up! Where the fuck have you been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got abducted by aliens and they just now dropped be back home. :P

      Delete
    2. HA! Glad they decided to bring your ass home :)

      This was just as good as it's always been, I see no rust. I actually have a teeny, weeny ounce of respect for Brad too (notice how I didn't call him Douchebag or Fartbrain...just this once). The fact that he could own up to his shit says alot about the man he's trying and wants to be. He really, REALLY fucked up and I can't and really don't want to see him with Lyn again but he did own up to what he did and that says something.

      Naveah...she really needs to be beat to hell and back for real! I lol'd at spawn of satan though not even Lucifer himself could stomach this girl or her bitch mother! UGH! That's some real scum of the earth for you right there! The fact that they can even blame Lyn for this shit??? Her mother is a rotten piece of shit and I feel bad for Frank having married someone so blind and utterly hateful towards her own child. She lost her baby and you call her a whore for moving in with someone she loves yet your daughter fucked her sister's BF in a damn men's dirty ass bathroom and she's a saint? Fuck that! Frank is my hero!

      Adam...wow...Adam...don't be going around telling Brad Lyn loves him! She's falling for Luke stop trying to fuck shit up dude! It's nice to see someone understand where Brad was coming from and try and be there for him when he needs it. I'd have never expected it to be Adam but thinking about it now it makes sense. I'd have said no because he's so close to Lyn but he hates Nav equally and finally having someone help lay the smackdown helped him to be quick to forgive.

      Anyway I'm glad you're back and I hope that you can stick with us this time! Really no more unexcused absences. You'd think as a teacher you'd know this already! Gawd! You're supposed to teach by example. If you absolutely, positively HAVE to go away for an extended period LEAVE A DAMN STICKY NOTE ON THE FRIDGE! Even deadbeat Dad's say they're going for milk or cigarettes before they decide not to return! :)

      Delete
    3. Awwww, thanks D, I felt so rusty writing this chapter...thinking..WTF? How did I even write the last one? lol But I'm so glad it didn't show and it didn't disappoint, especially on such a critical climax to the story. Wow, you actually have a tiny bit of respect for Brad? And you didn't call him Douchebag or Fartbrain?? *GASP* Yes, he owned up to his shit and he's really trying to change. I mean...it was in his best interest to keep quiet if he wanted to keep hanging around Lyn's family. The only normal family he had left. But he didn't. He risked it all for her. Yes, he REALLY fucked up, he knows it and admits it.

      Yup, Naveah is something else. She tried to pull the old "please daddy, i'm innocent" trick, but it backfired. It didn't work this time, especially after Frank saw her crack. Bahaha yup, spawn of Satan! She's the way she is because her parent's condoned her behavior for so long, especially her mother, who thinks she's an angel who can do no wrong. Naveah thinks Lyn deserves what happened to her, and her own mother thinks she's the real whore for moving in with Brad unmarried. I know...Lyn lost her baby, had to run off to some strange town, and they don't even have one ounce of compassion for her. Yes, Frank definitely put his foot down and finally put an end to this nonsense. Lyn would be happy to know that her father loves her that much.

      Haha well, we can't really blame Adam since he doesn't know about Luke. He just knows Brad, and he's like a big brother he never had. Haha but I can see how Adam could mess that up by telling Brad that Lyn loves him. I didn't expect Adam to come through for Brad either, that threw me for a loop. The sweet justice of watching Nav's ass get handed to her by Frank made Brad's actions less heinous, and in turn allowed Adam to forgive Brad. No matter how much he despised what he did to Lyn. But YES, he hates Nav! He's been waiting for karma to bite her in the ass! lol

      I'm glad to be back as well, and so touched by the warm welcome! Yes, I am staying for good. No maam, no more unexcused absences. And a teacher of all people! *Hangs head in shame* Bahaha a sticky note huh? I'll make sure to do that if I'm gonna be gone for a bit. Hahaha you're right. Even deadbeat dates have the decency to come up with the "I'm
      going to the store" excuse.

      Thanks for reading D, and for still following this story! Can't wait to catch up with your stories. Huggies!

      Delete
  2. OMG YES!!!!!! WELCOME BACK SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK. I'VE MISSED YOU AND THIS STORY. YES I'M IN ALL CAPS CUZ I'M EXCITED!!!!

    OK on to the update. That took balls for Brad to say what he did and I'm so glad he did. I still can't believe her mom. What the hell is up with her??? I mean you just found out your one child slept with the other's boyfriend and you still defend her??? Lyn is/was a doctor, doing something with her life. What the hell does Nav do? Not a damn thing from what I can tell yet she's still the favorite. Hell yes so glad that the dad put them both in their place. She needs to own up to what she did and the mom needs to get her head out of her ass.

    Adam he's a great kid and what he did was nice trying to reach out to Brad. Now how will Lyn react when she finds out what Brad did???

    AGAIN SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK. And happy early anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mica!! Awwwwww, thanks for the warm welcome, I miss you too!! I'm grinning from ear to ear reading your comment, you excitement is contagious! :D It's great to be back, I miss writing and I miss sharing this story with you guys!

      Yes, it took balls for Brad to do what he did and it was very hard for him to do. I'm glad he did it as well, there may be hope for him after all. Yup, her mom still defends Naveah and still doesn't understand what she did. I'm going to get to the bottom of why she still has this favoritism. You're right, Lyn is doing something with her life, and Nav isn't. But her mom can't see that. But at least Frank finally sees it, and defended Lyn. He sure did put both of them in their place! And shut them up good. lol The good thing is that Adam and Frank are on Lyn's side.

      Yes, Adam is a sweetheart. He didnt like what Brad did but he still looks up to him, especially after what he did. Had Brad not fessed up, Lyn's parents would never know what kind of daughter Nav really is. And they would probably still continue to treat her differently. Her usual pleas of innocence backfired this time, and Frank finally made sure she took responsibility for her actions. I am just as curious as you are about Lyn's reaction to what Brad did. We'll find out soon enough :-)

      Thank for reading Mica, and for the early anniversary wish :-)

      Looking forward to catching up with Fiendish. Huggies!!

      Delete
  3. Glad to see this back.

    I'm surprised. I honestly didn't expect him to tell the truth but I'm glad he did. It was satisfying to see her slutty sister finally get what's coming to her but her mother...she really gets under my skin and boils my blood. Lyn was a whore for moving in with him but the "good daughter" wasn't wrong for sleeping with him. Crazy.

    Adam is sweet. I don't know if I would have forgiven him that easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Qui!! Its great to see you, hope you're doing well! It's great to be back :-) Haha I know, Brad surprised me too. I had the chapter going one way in my head, but when it came to actually seeing it from his point of view, it came out another way. I think Brad's confrontation with his dad finally made him take a look at the type of person he could end up if he didnt start making changes.

      In the end, he did it for Lyn. He cared more about her well-being and how her family was affected by his actions than looking out for his own self and keeping the only family he has left. Yes, Naveah definitely got what was coming to her, especially when she was intent on never letting her family find out what she did. But her mom is still not getting it, and continues to defend her favorite daughter.

      Yes, Adam is a sweetheart. At least there's still one person in the family that cares about Brad. He's appalled by what Brad did, but he also saw the good that happened with Brad telling the truth. He felt it was sweet justice to finally see Naveah get called out on her behavior. Plus Brad is like a brother he never had, and he looks up to him.

      Thanks for reading Qui!

      Delete
  4. WELCOME BACK!!!! I did a triple take when I saw an update in the blog list. Can I say I'm happy you're back? Because I am. Happy. Very happy. I finally get more Brad/Lyn/Luke. *happy sigh*

    Okay, I'll TRY to stop gushing and actually comment on the story. I'm not making any promises though. "I may be the scum of the earth right now, but this scum loves Lyn." OMG. I love that. So true. So mature. It almost made me back on team Brad. Almost. :P (welcome back)

    I'm glad Adam hasn't given up on him. I was afraid Brad would get suicidal with everyone hating him and having no reason to live. It helps to have at least ONE person believe in you. That's somewhere to start. (welcome back!)

    I wonder how Brad is going to figure out why that song is so familiar.

    *hugs* Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mypal!! It's great to see you again! Awwww, thanks for the warm welcome, I'm superhappy to be back as well! Haha I know right? We're both getting our Brad/Lyn/Luke fix again. :P I felt bad because I promised an update during the summer, and I just never got to it until now. And now realizing that this month is the story's anniversary, I knew I owe you guys an update. I felt so rusty writing this chapter, but I know any update is better than none. It's been a long time coming. Your enthusiasm is contagious though, I love it!

      Haha not making any promises. You crack me up! Yup, that's how Brad feels, like a scum, he knows it, he admits it. And that's because he loves Lyn. For once, he is finally putting someone else's well-being above his own, and thinking about doing what's right. He lost Lyn's family in the end, but at least he made amends for Lyn and himself, and he still has Adam. You may be right. That may be a sign that he's maturing. Haha almost back on Team Brad. I know he'd be happy to hear that! :D

      You are right, had Adam not been there for him, he may have done something really drastic...like binge drink and do something stupid or get suicidal, having lost the people that matter to him. Yes, there is ONE person that believes in him, and that's Adam. It is definitely giving him hope.

      You will find out in the next chapter what his connection is to the song. Stay tuned!

      Thanks for reading Mypal, and for continuing to follow the story! Huggies!! I'm looking forward to catching up with your stories. :-)

      Delete
  5. Welcome back girl! Where you been for so long?


    So glad to see this back. I despised Brad for what he did, what makes him different is that he's owned up to his mistakes, and finally, even if a bit too late, become a man.
    I would love to see him and Lyn back together but I don't know if it will happen. It definately would on Brads' part. I'm hoping Lyn can forgivr him but I also love me some Luke soooo.....

    HAHA Nav finally got it, doubt she's learned anything but she finally got a little of what's been coming to her and yay on dad for telling mom to stfu and let Nav be responsible for her own actions.

    Really glad your back=).....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edenz!! It's great to see you again, thanks for the warm welcome! It's great to be back and get back into writing again. RL got hectic, and I just lost my groove with my stories. I wasnt even sure if I was going to continue, but I just couldnt give up and let my readers down.

      Yes, Brad owned up to his mistakes and took responsibility for his actions. What he did was unforgivable, and he knows that now, but at least he has been making attempts to change, and to make things right for Lyn and her family. Wow, you'd like to see him and Lyn get back together? O.o I didn't expect to hear that! lol He does love her, and now more than ever, has he realized what he lost. The fact that he told her family what happened shows that hes not just thinking about himself. I think if Lyn found out what he did, she may be willing to talk to him again, but I'm not sure if she can forgive him. But we'll have to wait and see how she reacts. Haha I know right? Now both Brad and Luke want Lyn. But Luke is back in Bridgeport.

      I'm not sure if Nav learned anything either, but at least she's forced to deal with the consequences of her behavior. It doesnt help that her mom continues to make excuses for her, but now she knows that her dad won't stand for it anymore. Haha yup, Frank sure did put them in their place! Its been a long time coming for Lyn and Adam.

      Thanks for reading, Edenz! So glad you are still following the story. :-) Can't wait to catch up with yours!

      Delete
  6. My Dearest Lyn,

    Thanks for the update on memoirs. I really needed that and im glad to see you have not lost your style. I think all that time away from your writing really must of helped you. I don't know what else to say but your newest chapter was very well done. as for me theres not really much new going on around here. I will be 35 years old on Monday October 15th. I was wondering what happened to you. The Supernatural is a cool edition to the sims 3 line have you played it yet. I can't wait for the sims 3 edition of seasons this november. I hope you include some supernatural ideas in your story telling. Im always still following your blog. keep up the great work wild thang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom!! It's great to hear from you!! I'm so glad to know that you are still following this story. Awwww, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. Haha I haven't lost my style huh? That's so funny, I felt so rusty with this chapter...I even wondered how I came up with the last one! lol So I had to reread the whole story just to connect with characters again. Thank you, I'm so glad this chapter came out well-done. I didnt want to disappoint after a long break. lol

      Wow, Happy Early Birthday! Do you have any special plans? RL happened to me, it got hectic and I just lost my groove with my stories. The more time passed, the harder it became to sit down and write a new chapter. I knew that if I didnt sit down and work on this chapter now, it probably wont happen for a while. And I'm so glad I did.

      Wow, they came out with Supernatural now? Gosh, I'm so behind on the latest EP's, I gotta check them out. And Seasons is coming out?? Holy crap! I'd love to see that! I'm going to see which EP's I'll include. So happy happy to know that you're still following my blog, and you are doing well. :-)

      Thanks for reading, Tom!

      Delete
  7. Quite an explosive return :) I am happy to see you writing again ... I've missed this story, it's just so good....

    Brad is right - he burned his bridges, there is no way back. I was glad to see Naveah receive some sort of punishment for what she did. I am sure that it will not be the last we see of her sister jealousy. As kind as Adam is, he should just shush...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zhippidy! It's great to see you! I am happy to be writing again too, I've been gone for way too long, and I felt like I owed it to the characters and my readers to continue with the story. I think part of the reason why it took me so long to post an update is because of where I left it off...a major climax with Brad making a decision to fess up with Lyn's family or not. I lost the connection with the story after a while, and it seems almost impossible to pick up where it left off.

      Yes, he did burn bridges with Lyn with what he did and by telling her family what happened, but he unknowingly helped them out as well by letting them know her whereabouts. It shows that he cares about them. And even though Frank wants nothing to do with him, at least Adam is still on his side.

      Yes, Naveah finally had it coming to her. Had it not been for Brad's confession, they would never see her true colors. Its really interesting how the family dynamics is seeping into the relationships between Brad, Lyn and Luke. But what can you expect? It all starts with family. lol Haha Adam should shush huh? lol He's very sweet, and he has no clue about Luke, so forgive him. lol

      Thanks for reading, Zhippidy!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you are back. I kept checking monthly and now finally and update :)

    Brad finally did the right thing by Lyn and Adam was so sweet to be nice to him even after this. Naveah finally got the telling off she deserved but her mum should realise that she was in the wrong and not Lyn.

    Hope you start reading stories again and just so you know I've started a new story while you where away lol it's in it's third week anyway here is the link if you want to look http://mathewdarkadventure.blogspot.co.uk

    Can't wait to see the next update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lckygrl!! It's great to see you again, I'm glad to be back as well! Awww, thank you for checking for updates, it's nice to know that you are still following this story. I feel a huge relief now that I posted an update, I finally feel back on track with the story and characters. Now I just need to work on Heat. lol

      Yes, Brad did the right thing, even though he paid the price for it by losing Lyn's family. I think that was a huge step to him becoming a better person, and making amends with the mess that he caused. I was surprised that Adam stood by him after all this, but he did. And now Brad knows that he still has someone that believes in him, that is close to Lyn. Lyn's mom has some personal issues, and I will get to bottom of why she is so biased against Lyn. Everyone can see through it, especially her husband.

      I have so many stories to catch up, so bear with me as I try to catch up with yours. Looking forward to it! I will also be checking out your new story as well :-)

      Thanks for reading, Lckygrl!

      Delete
  9. YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!! WHERE HAS YOUR BEHIND BEEN???? I MIGHT JUST GET ALL FULL-BLOWN, GUNS BLAZING AT YOU!! NOW GET IN THAT INTERROGATION ROOM!! I'M NOT THROUGH WITH YOU!!!

    ...don't you dare do this again...

    Greaattttttt!! I can go back to hating Brad! My hatred has been cooled off to freezing point. Way to fan the flames I LOVE IT! So grew some balls and told the family! Very honest of him. HAH, the little slutty princess is on the streets! Karma, however she just might get a lot sluttier! And try to take it out on Lyn...

    Wait, I see Brad again, seeing him, means seeing Lyn! And seeing Lyn, means seeing LUKEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    Glad you're back!!!
    (but no, you still have to go to the interrogation room)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEEKK!!! I was afraid of this. I KNEW this would happen!! Ummm see what had happened was, I got abducted by aliens, but I annoyed the crap out of them, talking about "are we there yet? you ain't gonna probe me are you? at least lube it up first!" So they dropped me back home and told me that if I didn't post an update, they'll be back...and there will be no lube. O.o Hahaha um yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Anyway girl, its great to see you again! RL happened, and I just lost my drive with the story. So I made myself reread all 32 chapters, get connected with the characters again, and now that I posted the last chapter, I feel back on track again.

      Bahahaha you've always hated Brad's ass didn't you?? You basically forgot about hating Brad til you read this update didnt you? lol Well, I'd rather have you HATE Brad than be meh about him. At least he got to you in some way :D Hmmm...maybe I need to throw in a surprise sex scene with him and Lyn..maybe that will make you hate less. Ehh?? :D But YES, he grew some balls and finally owned up to what he did. Haha little slutty princess. She probably likes being called too. Who's my little slutty princess?? Who's my little slutty princess??!! lol OMG sluttier?? Dammnn..O.o

      Oh, you will be seeing more of Lyn. And definitely Luke in Heat. Woot!!

      I'm so glad to be back as well! Can't wait to catch up with your story.
      Eeeeek, not the interrogation room! You can't make me! Pfffttt!!

      Thanks for reading, JM! Huggies!

      Delete
  10. Omg! You're back!

    I loved th chapter. You make it so hard. I just want to hate Brad but I can't and feel bad for him. Luke is the one that's rigt for Lyn though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jbfairy! I'm glad to be back, and it feels so good to write again. It's almost therapeutic. The best thing about it is connecting with readers, and finding a common ground with the characters.

      I'm so glad you loved the chapter! I must admit, I was nervous about this update. I felt so rusty...at one point, I had like a quarter of the chapter done, and still had a bunch of screenshots to go, and thinking, "Holy crap...how am I gonna write the rest of this?" lol You literally have to create something from your head, and really get into the minds of the characters in order for the story to flow. And its not an easy feat. Somehow I got through it. Whew!

      Awww, I make it really hard? That is so awesome to hear! Knowing you want to hate Brad but you cant, that means he is realy showing his human side, a side that we have never seen before. I know what he did was unforgivable, and I wasnt even sure if Brad would be able to come out of this with any sort of dignity left. Especially when readers know what Lyn went through.

      Luke, on the other hand, is another story. Stay tuned :D

      Thanks for reading, Jbfairy!

      Delete
  11. Welcome back, my jaw hit the floor when I saw that there was FINALLY new chapter. Why the hell is Frank married to that woman, their mother is just as bad, if not worse,than Neveah. Way to own up Brad. As for you girlie, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the bad habit of redeeming my bad guys, because you are, you're redeeming him in my eyes. I've started writing Among Thieves again as well, I wonder what would happen in an encounter between Brad and my Adam. They've both fucked up royally but they're both trying to be better now, except Brad owned up and Adam's still hiding what he did, hmm.
    Glad you're back, sorry about that there, wasn't trying to make this about me. But after this I actually like want Brad to be happy, not with Lyn but with someone, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AddyKat!! It's great to see you again, thanks for the warm welcome!! Haha I know, I don't blame you for being surprised to see an update, I was AWOL for 6 months with an occasional message to let you guys know that I was working on an update. I feel bad that I was gone that long, but at the same time, that break allowed me to miss the story, and miss writing. I also missed you guys!

      You know, Frank and Xhun had a whirlwind romance when they met, but knowing how she treats Lyn, I really need to get to the bottom of her attitude. And there is usually a good reason why people are the way they are. Once I find out, it may even shock me. Yes, Brad definitely owned up and did the right thing. It was hard for him, and he paid the price for it, but it was a critical decision in his life...especially if he wanted to change for the better.

      Haha bad habit of redeeming bad guys? Some would call that bad habit, I honestly think its just human nature. We are all capable of good and bad...it really depends on what side we want to show and what our motivations are. In Brad's case, he's fucked up royally like you said, especially coming from such a messed up family. But in the end, he can only blame his parents for so long. His actions are still his actions, and they affect people.

      So your Adam is still hiding what he did? I'm sure he has a good reason for it. You will know when the right time is, you will feel it in the story and the characters. The situation will just ask for change. So don't do anything unless you feel it's the right time. As long as the story moves forward, you have no worries.

      No worries, girlie, you didn't make it about you at all. You were able to relate to Brad because of Adam, you saw them in a similar predicament...trying to be better. In the end, we see ourselves in our stories, as well as other people's stories. If we don't, there's really nothing to write about...or relate to right? We are all connected as readers and writers, and that's an awesome thing.

      Awwww, it's so heartwarming to know that you I am redeeming Brad in your eyes. I know he fucked up big time with Lyn, but I just felt so connected to him, and I really wanted to know where he was coming from. He's just so flawed. He and Lyn did share something special...they loved each other...and I think they still have a connection. Its unfortunate that Brad had to learn the hard way, but I think everything contributed to the story..and influenced the characters in some way. I hope Brad finds happiness as well, with who...that remains to be seen.

      Thanks for reading, AddyKat! Can't wait to catch up with your story as well. :-)

      Delete
    2. Your reply was like five times longer than my comment lol. I agree that maybe redeeming is just human nature, it's natural to want to see the best in people, but I always do it, I can't let anyone stay bad and I should more often. Yes there are the guys like Brad and like Adam were bad experiences in their life led to them being the way they are but not everyone has had that hard life some people are just bad people. Now that I think about it, for get an encounter between Brad and Adam I'd rather see their fathers. They'd probably get along pretty well, they sure have a lot in common.

      Delete
    3. Haha wow, I guess I had a lot to say! It's fun to explore bad traits in characters, it makes you really push the limits to see what they would do and how people react to them you know? And if they can still be redeemable. Hmmm...you make an interesting point about people being just bad people. Are there people that are just born evil no matter who raised them? That's like saying some babies are just evil. O.o Pretty disturbing thought. lol

      Wow, an encounter between Brad and Adam's fathers? That would explain a lot wouldn't it? Or imagine this...if Brad and Adam were best friends instead of Luke. xD

      Delete
    4. Maybe both Brad and Adam would have turned out better if they had been friends, Brad would have had someone in a simlar situation to his own to understand him and to talk to and Adam would have had someone in his life other than Kiara. Their fathers were they to meet would be friends I'm sure though John Kesh wasn't abusive because of being a drunk, he was just an ass, he was one of those people that was just bad because he was bad, not that I'm trying to give Brad's dad an excuse.

      Delete
    5. You know, you make a good point. I think part of the reason why Brad had issues with Luke is because Luke had such a great childhood, with loving parents who are still together. So it was kind of hard for him, even though they helped him out a lot. But if he had someone like Adam growing up, they would definitely understand each other. But at the same time...they may also end up doing crime together. lol SO who knows? Maybe Luke helped keep Brad grounded by being normal.

      Haha John Kesh being bad because he's an ass. Love it! lol No excuses.

      Delete
    6. I don't think they would have ended up doing crime together. Adam became a criminal because after he turned eighteen, even though his father didn't make him leave, he didn't want to live there any longer than he had to, he lived out of a car and started stealing to survive.

      Delete
    7. You may be right. With Brad's being responsible for his family at a young age and Adam becoming a criminal after he turned 18, they would have stayed off the streets. Can you imagine a story with Brad and Adam in it, and if they were roommates? Women would be coming in and out of their place. lol

      Delete
    8. One of us should do that story, as a what if. Or even better yet we could collaborate on it. So now that you're back doing Memoirs, when's the next Heat?

      Delete
    9. Oh wow, a collaboration story about Brad and Adam?? Sounds interesting! Tell me more :D So funny, Luke looks like Turner, we both have characters named Adam in our stories but Brad and your Adam have similar natures. I'll be working on Heat tonight, so hoping to post it by tomorrow.

      Delete
    10. What can I say, great minds think alike. The story could be a what if, like I said, with them as roommates, like you said, woman coming in and out of their place or what ever practically 24/7 hhaha.Though a constant stream of woman would mean no Kiara... Hmm. It's something to think about.

      Delete
    11. Haha yes, great minds do think alike. :P I like the idea of them being playboys who are popular with the ladies. Hmm...you know, Kiara and Lyn can still make appearances, we just have to figure out how and what context. What's your email address? We can discuss this in private, that way we don't give anything away. lol

      Delete
  12. Happy Memoirversary!

    It was so great to step back into Lyn's story! It was great to see Brad start to deal with his issues, both with his father, and with Lyn's family. I'm glad Frank finally sees Nav for what she is, but I don't think her mother ever will.

    As happy as Lyn will be that Nav has finally been found out for the trash she is, I think she's pretty happy in her new life, and with her new guy. I have a bad feeling that Brad leaving Lyn's address is going to bring the wrong side of her family to her doorstep - namely Nav or her mother. I hope that's not the case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jilly, it's great to see you again!! Thanks, I can't believe it's been a year since this story started. Well, kind of a year...I was gone for half of it. lol

      I'm glad you enjoyed this update, it's been long overdue, and for it to come from Brad's POV, on top of this climax, was even more challenging for me to tackle. Especially coming from a long break. But yes, I think Brad's confrontation with his own alcoholic father was a bit of a reality check for him, and allowed him to see where he could end up if he didn't start making changes. Then seeing Lyn's family, the guilt he felt, he had an opportunity to make things right...even if he had to break the horrific news. Frank is finally seeing Nav's true colors...but the mom...she has a long way to go.

      Lyn seems to be settling into her new life, and with Luke by her side, she can finally pick up the pieces. Even though they are just friends right now, at least she has a good friend she can count on and turn to. You're right, Lyn's family knowing where she lives could potentially open up to unwanted visitors. Especially if the mom is still on Nav's side, and she has to watch her favorite daughter get kicked out into the streets. Stay tuned!

      Thanks for reading, Jilly!

      Delete
  13. JEBUS GIRL! The size of these comments are like a whole other chapter! You see what happens when you disappear? Glad to see you haven't lost your gift of gab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I know right?? I guess I got some lost time to make up for. Sheesh, I sure can freakin talk. lol

      Delete
  14. OMG! I thought you fell off the face of the earth! So happy to see you updating again!
    I must have flipped out when I got on RWN and saw the update!

    Well, I can say, my hatred for Brad has subsided a little bit. I'm glad he's finally owned up to what he as done, and it kinda hurts my heart to see what he's going through with his dad.
    FINALY! The whore of a sister got what she had coming, and she deserved every second of it!

    Glad to see you back! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bri!! Its great to see you! Haha I kinda did fall off the face of the earth for a bit...then started missing writing, so here I am. lol With an update. Haha awww, that's awesome that you're still following this story!

      Wow, your hatred has subsided huh? WTG Brad! He's he has owned up to the mess he made, I gotta give him that. And yes, it breaks my heart too that he has such a messed up dad. It doesnt excuse what he did, but it shows where he's coming from. YUP Nav finally got it handed to her and she didnt see it coming.

      I'm glad to be back! Can't wait to catch up with your story.

      Thanks for reading, Bri!

      Delete
  15. I am soooo happy that you have updated. I haven't posted an update in about six months as well but I am getting one ready as I type this...so I guess that means we have been on the same page haha.

    It's so weird seeing this side of Brad. I'm glad Naveah finally got what was coming to her. I don't know if Lyn will take back Brad, but I'm hoping she finds happiness, whether it's with him or Luke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, its great to see you!! Welcome back, how've you been? I'm happy to be back and post an update as well. Haha yeah we've definitely been on the same page. Sometimes we just need to take a break, regroup and come back with a new enthusiasm for our stories again. It happens.

      I know, I didn't expect to tap into this side of Brad as well, but it seems he just bugged me to tell his side of the story. I do feel a connection with him, because he is so flawed. Yup, Naveah finally faced up to the consequences of her actions, she definitely had it coming. She's no longer daddy's little princess. How Lyn will react if she sees him again remains to be seen, but I'm sure she will be glad to know that he did the right thing. Can she forgive him? We'll have to find out. Who she finds happiness with will be tough: she has a history with Brad but is growing close to Luke. Stay tuned!

      Thanks for reading, Lauren! Can't wait to catch up with your story :-)

      Delete
  16. Yay! I'm so glad you're back:) I've missed you and your story!
    This was a great chapter, but where's Luke?! I had to download him and have him in my game to get my fix of him!lol!;)
    I'm glad Brad did the right thing by telling Lyn's parents about what happened, even though it's caused so much hurt and distress it's showing that he's growing up! I still don't like him though!haha!
    So happy that Naveah is getting what she deserves, I can't believe the skank still had the nerve to deny what she did wrong to her own sister! Mrs Santori is a nasty piece of work no wonder Lyn never feels like she's good enough:(
    It was so nice to see Lyn's dad stand up for her it's a shame she wasn't there to see it coz that would have been good for their relationship:)
    And Adam! Aww he's so sweet and so mature for a teenage boy, I just hope he doesn't choose Brad over Lyn further down the line!
    I really enjoyed this update and I can't wait for the next one:) Hopefully with Luke in it!:D hahaha!
    Hope this comment is enough of an essay for you:)
    So happy to see you back <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clairey!! It's so great to see you again, thanks for the warm welcome! I missed you and your story too! Haha look at you still looking for Luke. I love it though and I don't blame you. Wow, so he's in your game now? That's awesome, I am honored! I hope you are thoroughly molesting I mean enjoying him. :P Is it fair to say that your biased over Luke? lol

      I'm glad Brad did the right thing too. This was a tough decision for him, and very hard to do, knowing what was at stake. But he finally realized how much hurt he has caused, and his responsibility in all this. And losing Lyn was definitely a wake-up call to change. He saw that he can become exactly like his dad if he continued with the same mentality. You still don't like him huh? I don't blame you! lol What he did was pretty heinous. Yup, Naveah has always denied any wrongdoing and her parents took her side, so she learned early on that she can get away with anything. If it wasn't for Brad's confession, her dad would never see her true colors and stand up for Lyn. Mrs. Santori, on the other hand, still continues to take Naveah's side. And I'm going to find out why she is like this. This definitely affected Lyn's self-esteem growing up. Her main motivation for becoming a doctor was to prove her mom wrong.

      Yes, Adam is a sweetheart! He was so happy to see Naveah get her ass handed to her that he was willing to forgive Brad for what he did. He felt justice was finally served! He has always looked up to Brad, he is like a big brother to him. Hmm...choosing Brad over Lyn down the line?? That would be interesting. Ooooh, ideas are cooking. :P

      I'm so glad you enjoyed this update, even though you didn't see Luke. lol You will see him soon in Heat :-) The next two chapters in Memoirs have already been pre-planned. After that, new screenshots, and there's no telling where this story will go. I'm excited! lol

      Thank you so much for reading and for the essay, it was more than enough, I loved it! I always get excited when I see long comments. It's such a treat to hear the feedback! Can't wait to catch up with your story! Huggies!

      Delete
  17. You're back!! :D I've been checking back every week or so to see, just so I have an excuse to procrastinate on all my homework and studying I have. It was definitely worth it, that's for sure! Hope life has been going well for you!

    I'm very shocked Brad fessed up to everything. I actually don't know how I feel about that. I mean, it's great for him to get all of his guilt off his chest, but what about Lyn? I mean, would she want her parents knowing everything? I know if it was me in that situation, I would never tell my parents, but I guess I'm just a private person with my parents about that kind of drama... I want to see how Lyn is going to react to him telling her parents everything.

    I dunno. I'm still rooting for Luke for sure.

    --Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali!! It' great to see you again, how have you been?? Awww, thanks for checking in on the story, I know the update was a long time coming. Haha an excuse to procrastinate on all your homework huh? Hehe...you can blame me all you want :P Awww I'm so glad it was worth it for you, after a long break, I did not want to disappoint. I'm doing well, just busy with work and trying to keep up with this story and others.

      I know, a lot of people didn't expect Brad to own up to what he did. It surprised me too, I didn't expect it to turn out this way this soon, but the situation called for it, especially after he left his dad's house, and how worried Lyn's family is. Well, at least her dad and brother. You know you are the first person to consider things from Lyn's perspective after Brad's confession. Yes, he did it to get this off his chest and relieve his guilt, but he also did it because he wanted to do what was right for Lyn. After all, they don't know her whereabouts and Naveah has every intention to keep it a secret. So technically he was the only person who could help them. Hmm...would she want her parents knowing everthing? I cant answer that until I visit her character again. But I think she will be happy to know that her dad did stick up for her...and possibly have an ounce or respect for Brad for fessing up. It's funny how you saw yourself in this situation and react to it differently...it does make you think.

      You will find out how Lyn reacts when she finds out what Brad did. She may even surprise me. lol I swear, in my head I have characters doing one thing, they end up doing something completely different.

      Hehe...everyone is still rooting for Luke. How can you not? He's Superman! lol I can't wait to see what happens when Luke runs into Brad...this will be interesting to see.

      Thanks for reading, Ali!

      Delete
  18. Hi guys, I thought I'd let you know that I'm working on Ch. 34. I'm hoping to release it by next Monday. Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete